I started training the WODs on 2010/08/19, so it's probably time to start a log here.
Background:
Was a scrawny kid who ate badly. Now a scrawny adult who eats well. Working on becoming strong. Let's train.
Benchmarks
Here's some rough benchmarking of my current maxes and notes to myself so I can judge my progress later.
-L-sit: 20s-30s with legs low on rings at 45 degrees, which I think interfered with my planche training. Virtually untrained 30-40s bent l-sit on elevated floor. Barely a second regular L hold on the floor (raised on fingers seemed to make them easier).
-Straddle-L: Entirely untrained gives 30s legs bent on elevated floor. Can hold low for a little while.
-Manna: Also untrained. Not much beyond a decent 20s reverse pushup. My triceps!
-PL: 60s frog, never tried adv. frog, 20s-30s tuck planche.
-BL: 20s bad assisted german hang, 30s tuck.
-FL: 20s tuck with hips not particularly high.
-Pushups: 3x5 XR Bulgarian, some progress on XR PPP.
-Dips: My ROM tends to be a little poor here as I don’t have anywhere to do them with my legs straight down. I tend to lean forward as well. No PB here so I do ‘em on the rings.
-HSPU: 3x5 wall HeSPU negative.
-MPPr: Can’t do a chest roll.
-Rows: 3x5 XR elevated at ring height. Can’t really pull out arms for bulgarian.
-Pullups: There was a time when I could do 25 of these on the bar, although I pull much more strongly to the chest now. Can only do with legs low in L.
-Curls: 3x5 inverted chinups with good ROM.
-MPPu: I don’t have the height away my bar to try pullovers or naners, but 3x5 tuck TOPs pulls are okay.
-CPP: I don’t think I’m too far off a muscle-up on the bar, but I find it tough to pull from hang with a false-grip on rings.
-V-ups: Tuck is easy, straddle isn’t very strong.
-HLL: Tuck half is easy, but my flexibility doesn’t currently allow for half.
-Lowerback, obliques: Haven’t tried this stuff yet.
-Straight body: Pulling out of a full ROM german hang would be difficult. Body levers are tough.
-Deck squats: 3x5 jumping to decent height, certainly improved a lot here.
-SLS: 3x5 graduated with not enough control near the bottom.
-Hamstring: 3x5 NLC doesn’t cramp as much as when I began, but I’m still not strong here. It’s quite difficult to practice this correctly without a partner or something heavy that fits your ankles snugly.
-My wrists have got stronger, but I still do wrist pushups on my knees.
-ROM in my shoulders, particularly the left, has improved due to wall extensions and Ido’s scapula mobility routine – band shoulder dislocates are vastly smoother.
-Pike and straddle flexibility have improved thanks to the Dominic Lacasse routine – pike is comfortable but I can’t lean forwards much in straddle.
-Bridge wall walks are about a foot away from the floor.
-Never touched a barbell, kettlebell or dumbbell.
-My 5k time when I stopped running was a leisurely 21 minutes. Entirely untrained 10k time was an equally slothful 55 minutes.
-Could do 25 pullups or 7 weighted with 35lbs backpack at 140lbs.
-Crossfit - "Cindy (pack)" - I wasn't much better than 8 rounds of 5 pullups, 10 pushups and 15 squats in 12 minutes (or 21 rounds of 3, 6 and 9 in 20 minutes) back when I was training this kind of bizarre stuff.
-Tabata sprints are doable, but 3 rounds of 3 minute Thai clinch knees with partner is very tiring.