This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 101021

Started by Coach Sommer, October 21, 2010 · 12 Replies · 2,266 Views

Coach Sommer

RwnlIPq_7A4

Complete 3 sets of each:

1 Embedded BL + 5 Tempo XR FL Rows

1 Embedded XR L-sit + 5 Tempo XR PPP

1 Embedded FL + 5 Tempo XR 360 Pulls

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

notes:

1) Warm-up by performing 2-3 easier Row/Pushup variations prior to beginning your working sets. The variations used should initially begin with one that is quite easy and then get progressively more difficult from warm-up set to warm-up set.

2) NOTE: When scaling, always adjust the difficulty of a particular FBE so that you will be able to maintain the correct tempo, sets and reps as designated in that day’s GB WOD.

3) Choose a body position for the embedded static strength variation that allows you to hold the position for 15 seconds per rep.

4) Rest 10-20 seconds between the embedded static and the subsequent exercise. Rest 1-2 minutes in between giant sets.

5) Use a tempo of 212 for the basic strength sets. For the XR FL Rows, this equates to a 2 second ascent, followed by a 1 second pause at the top, then a 2 second descent.

6) Choose the body position which best suits your current level of strength for the FL Rows.

7) If FL Rows are too difficult, scale down to a more appropriate rowing variation. If XR PPP are too difficult, scale down to a more appropriate pushup variation. If 360 Pulls are too difficult, scale down to a more appropriate Straight Body Core variation.

8 ) Focus on maintaining completely locked, straight elbows at all times during the XR L-sits. You may adjust the position of the legs as necessary.

9) DO NOT skip the Bridge Wall Walks at the end of the Workout.

kevinrohrbach

WU:

10 Burpees

5 XR rows - feet on floor

5 XR pushups - 45° body angle

5 XR bulgarian rows - 45° body angle

5 XR pushups - feet on chair (horizontal body)

5 XR rows - feet on chair

Ido's Scapula Mobilisation

Wrist pre/rehab exercises

FSP:

2 sets each:

30s Straddle L bent (table corner) + 30s tuck FL

30s adv. Frog + 30s Manna - MSH bent

30s LS - bent + tuck 30s BL

Workout:

3 sets each:

1 inv. Pike to flat tuck BL + 5 Tempo XR FL row - tuck

1 lift to XR L-sit - low (?) + 5 Tempo XR Bulgarian PU

1 pull from hang to flat tuck FL + 5 Tempo XR tick tocks - flat tuck

10 Wall Bridge Walks

2x30s weighted pike on chair

Ido's Shoulder ROM & Stabilisation

Question: I'm not sure I'm getting this right. Does "lift to LS" mean start in the support position and then lift the legs to whatever position is applicable, or does it mean something else?

It was a good workout. I seem to slowly be getting the hang of scaling the workout to my level.

Joshua Naterman
Question: I'm not sure I'm getting this right. Does "lift to LS" mean start in the support position and then lift the legs to whatever position is applicable, or does it mean something else?

Yes sir! That is the easiest way to get to the L-sit. The book has a good list of progressively harder entries, so just do whichever one you can do properly!

Justin Kyle

Warmup:

Jump rope and jogging for about 10 minutes

-L-sit press to stand on paralleletes and 4 minutes or so of handstand work

-stretching

Today's WOD:

Embedded back lever(half reverse crank to inverted/ adv. tuck BL)x15sec - 5 temps adv tuck FL pull ups

Embedded L-sit(L-sit press to shoulder stand back to L-sit)x15sec - 5 tempo XR PPP (need to get better at these)

Embedded FL(Adv FL pull with knees to bar then back to FL)x15 - 5 tempo 360 pulls (flat back L-sit position through the movement)

10 Bridge Wall Walks

-Notes- I experimented around with the 360 pulls and it felt that the flat back L-sit in the progression was actually easier than the adv. tuck variation even though it's not listed as that in the progression. Pulling out of the the german hang position to inverted is incredibly tough for me in the adv. tuck BL position. Need to work on that.

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

WU:

500m Row

12 Shoulder Dislocate

6 SLS (3/Leg)

5 Pushups -> 5 Ring Pushups -> 5 Ring Bulgarian Pushups -> 2 Ring Pseudo Planche Pushups

5 Pullups (Strict; CTB) -> 2 Bar Tuck Rows

10 Hollow Rocks

FSP:

Taking a break from this for 2 days.

WOD:

3 Rounds:

1 Embedded Back Lever(Straddle, Straddle, Flat Tuck)

Rest 20s

5 Tempo @ 1212 Bar Tuck Rows

Rest 20s

1 Embedded L-Sit (Between PB Low and High)

Rest 20s

5 Tempo @ 1212 Rings Pseudo Planche Pushups (PPP, Bulgarian, Bulgarian)

Rest 20s

1 Embedded Front Lever (Tuck)

Rest 20s

5 Tempo @ 1212 Rings 180 Degree Pulls (Tuck Front Lever; Flat Tuck Back Lever)

Rest 2 mins.

Finish with 10 Bridge Wall Walks. Shoulder Drills & Stretch.

A video playing around with Naners and Strict MUs Enjoy! My left arm is still weaker in pulling for the MU thats why I have to shift weight a bit ... grrrr.

Holy crap I looked serious and focused in this video, haha!

vrZM_3FDAwE

kevinrohrbach
slizzardman said:
Question: I'm not sure I'm getting this right. Does "lift to LS" mean start in the support position and then lift the legs to whatever position is applicable, or does it mean something else?

Yes sir! That is the easiest way to get to the L-sit. The book has a good list of progressively harder entries, so just do whichever one you can do properly!

ThanksI I was just not sure whether I was doing the right thing. I'll probably need to upscale next time.

Jonathan Mead

WU:

Joint mobilization routine

5 45° pushups on rings

5 45° rows on rings

5 20° pushups on rings

5 20° rows on rings

2 SLS each leg

5 pullups

10 shoulder dislocates

2x30 second dead hang on pullup bar

FSP:

3x15 seconds tuck PL

3x15 sec tuck FL

6x10 sec LS low

6x10 sec GH

WOD:

4x3 FL Rows

5x5 PPP

(skipped the 360 pulls today as my elbow needs more time to recover)

I did my FSPs before this workout so I opted out of doing them again on the rings

3x2 Bridge Wall Walks

10 shoulder dislocations

static stretching + light yoga

Kenneth Manning

Workout felt great today!

3 sets each of:

reverse crank to BL x 15 sec + 5 adv tuck FL rows (tempo)

MU to XR L sit (just below parallel) x 15 sec + 5 PPP on floor (tempo)

front pull to adv tuck FL x 15 sec + adv tuck 360 pulls x 5

10 bridge wall walks

ooden -- I hear you on those 360 pulls. On my last set I actually had to switch to pike/L sit-ish form pulling out of the german hang vs staying in the advanced tuck. On a side note, still need to work on keeping my arms straight during the initial pull from hang during hte 360 pulls. Just can't seem to help but bend my arms a bit..

Tyler Schmitz

Today's WOD:

3 sets each of:

1 XR Support Hold roll back to Full Lay BL(rest 20 sec) + 5 Tempo XR Adv. Tuck FL Rows

Rest 2 min

1 XR Press to Shoulder Stand to XR L-Sit Advanced (rest 20 sec) + 5 Tempo XR PPP

Rest 2 min

1 XR Support Hold to Adv. Tuck FL(rest 20 sec) + 5 Tempo XR 360 Pull (tuck FL- Full Lay BL)

Rest 2 min

Finished with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

Joshua Naterman

Great WOD! I did flat tuck and tuck FL rows, tuck BL, tuck L sit, and flat tuck FL.

Total time: 25 minutes!

Carlos

My very first WOD

WU/Mobility

jump rope

Ido scapula mob. routine

10 XR push ups

7 XR dips - feet on the ground

10 Rows XR ground

3x5 wrist push ups on knees

Skill

2X30 PL Advance frog stand

3X10 PB L-Sit

3X10 ring supports

WOD (scaled down) 3 sets each

1 embedded BL tuck (15 sec. hold) + 5 tempo XR FL tuck rows (too much swing on rings and hard to keep tempo)

1 embedded XR L-sit (MU XR seated to XR L-sit tuck) + 5 tempo XR PPP (1st set more like push ups, 2nd set only 4 reps, 3rd set good 4 reps)

1 embedded FL tuck (invert. hang lower to FL tuck) + 2 - 360 pulls (the pulls were really hard and I couldn't keep them straight)

9 bridge wall walks ( very hard, my back felt really tight)

Overall I feel good after the workout but I am sure I'll be sore tomorrow.

Max Johnson

Warmup:

Jumprope, shoulder circles/shrugs

Wrist series (palm down/up leans, 1x10 knee pushups of: dorsal, wrist, first knuckle, finger, fingertip hopping)

FSP warmup:

1x 60s Bent Straddle-L

1x 35s Tuck FL

1x 90s Frogstand

1x 60s Reverse Pushup

1x 45s Bent L-sit

WOD:

Complete 3 sets of each:

1 Embedded Tuck BL + 5 Tempo XR Tuck FL Rows

1 Embedded XR L-sit + 5 Tempo XR PPP

1 Embedded Tuck FL + 5 Tempo XR Tuck 360 Pulls

10 Bridge Wall Walks

Cooldown:

Ido's Scapular Mobilization Routine

2x10 Wall Extensions

Notes:

  • [*:1r7wlgju]I skipped Tuesday's WOD, and with this being my 9th week I decided to test all my FSP max holds (except the GH). I guess it's a little naughty of me to do this in addition to the WOD - especially a WOD that works the FSPs - but I felt good throughout regardless. I'll change my holds for the FSP warmup tomorrow, basing the new times on today's test results.
    [*:1r7wlgju]I almost want to label my XR PPP as PPPP (for "pseudo psuedo") instead - my form isn't great here - but the Tuck FL Rows and Tuck 360 Pulls went much better than expected.

Joshua Naterman

p-tvStMFkWw