This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 100826

Started by Coach Sommer, August 26, 2010 · 19 Replies · 2,631 Views

Coach Sommer

pTUn2-sF3Hw

Complete four rounds:

60 sec Shuttle Run

40’ Senders

20 Squat Jumps

5 Depth Jumps

Finish the workout with 2x30 seconds Weighted Pike Stretch

notes:

1) The Shuttle Run should be performed with an all out effort. The primary focus of the Shuttle Run is to elevate the heart rate over 170 BPM.

2) Perform your shuttle runs in the following fashion; sprint out 5yds & return, sprint out 10 yds & return, sprint out 15 yds & return. Continue in this fashion non-stop for 60 seconds.

3) Move immediately from the Shuttle Runs to the Senders to the Jump Squats to the Depth Jumps.

4) To perform the squats jumps, squat down fully and then jump as high as possible. Land, re-squat fully and touch the hands to the ground. This constitutes one repetition. Do not pause in between the repetitions.

5) Remember to focus on jumping high, not far. Continue in this fashion until you have performed all 20 Squat Jumps without rest.

6) Depth Jumps - jump off an object 3’-10’ high, bending the knees but not allowing the feet to move or step upon landing. If in doubt go lower rather than higher and remember to BEND the knees upon landing!

7) You may rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

Joshua Naterman

Oh crap. That's going to be hard.

I hate to say it but we're doing 20 squat jumps. Per round. Hey, it's better than 20 jumping deck squats! :P Well, maybe. Either one is fantastically brutal at first.

SorenPA

Uff!

I really dislike WODs like this (Sprints+jumps and no rest). Last WOD like this destroyed my breathing system. I actually felt a bit dizzy and very uncomfortable afterwards ... We will see how this goes today :)

nf46

As I don't have the space to do senders for distance, would an effective substitute be rebounding on the spot? If not, then any ideas on other substitutes would be much appreciated

Thanks :)

Nick F

EDIT:ignore this post, just looked through the senders article and I see that the progressions are there!

Saber2

Oh man this is gonna be brutal :twisted:

Guest

To me dynamic leg days are the most dreaded of all WODs :D because I have asthma and it's very easily triggered by explosive jumps and runs and stuff like that. I always have to take it really easy and slowly in the beginning, otherwise my respiratory pathways sort of implode :( Luckily this stuff is the easiest to scale down because it's the least technical in nature (compared to ring work and HS presses).

I performed four rounds of:

60s fast ginga (basic capoeira step)

40x lateral rebound jumps over a very low box

20 squat jumps (slow and low but no pause) => very draining!

5 depth jumps

Finished with 2x30 s weighted pike stretch

Saber2

I skipped the Depth Jumps due to an ankle issue from sunday. I figure that would be pushing my luck as is.

4 rounds:

60s Shuttle runs

30-45' senders (I stopped between the last two cones from the shuttle runs)

20 squat jumps

Rest 3 min

1x60s weighted pike stretch

This whooped my butt. Working capacity was horrible. I know you are supposed to go from one excercise directly to the other. I think I would have passed out if that was the case. My rest was walking back to the starting point and then do the next excercise. To be honest sometimes I needed a longer break. Shuttle runs on their own aren't usually a problem because last week I did longer distance shuttle runs. It was the Squat jumps that killed my legs. I am sure the senders had their part two but I don't think I do these properly. Anyway it still is a killer of a workout because I haven't felt nauseated from a workout in a while.

Kenneth Manning

Ok, yeah, this was a tough one.

4 rounds

60 sec stationary bike sprints (high resistance)

10 box jumps (42" box)

20 squat jumps

5 depth jumps (off same 42" box)

*I would have to do senders outside and as usual I'm at the mercy of the weather. Though after watching the video my version of the senders would probably be rather comical.

*squat jumps were TOUGH. The last 5-10 reps on the last 2 sets were more like squat hops. Got maximum depth on all jumps, but the explosiveness in my legs was Just gone by the end.

Lungs were on fire and legs were burning, delightfully painful workout!!

Razz

Going to do this one tomorrow.. prepare for puke :mrgreen:

Joshua Naterman

Devastating. I did 4 rounds of what I think was 30s shuttle runs, my home made senders (which has some pretty funny moments in the video!), 14 squat jumps the first round and 10 the last 3 rounds, and 5-6 depth jumps per round. I am clearly focusing a little more on the power exercises than the endurance, as I am simply not fed well enough this week to really put out on those exercises. I just don't have the stored sugar right now. I feel it when I'm out lol!

I'll have the video up this evening, I hope.

Leandro

I'm completely destroyed.

I had to skip some exercises and adapt others, due to my limited space and still some pain from my ankle sprain.

My wod:

All 6 FSP + 30s german hang and planche lean fingers back.

1 minute fast rope jumping

6 jumps through a stool (jump, turn, jump turn...)

15+ Squat jumps (never reached 20, the jumps were just a pop of the ground)

No depth jumps due to ankle issues. I did 5 assisted SLS each leg for this

All this....4 times....

Did the weighted pike stretch and a full flex work, and some abs

ok, that killed me.

Ps: I have a question about squat jumps. Should I do them with an all out effort and split the 20 reps in smaller series or small jumps to be able to complete 20 reps and go increasing intensity in time??

Gavin Strelitz

Doing this tomorrow and it's going to be brutal.

Cody Clark

This was very very hard I hate running or anyghing cardio but I did it for 3 rounds everything but senders. I was surprised I could do 20 squat jumps for 3 rounds

Heres what I did

60 sec shuttle runs

10 reps box jumps

20 squat jumps

5 depth jumps

2 30 sec weighted pike stretch.

Felt like I was about to throw up at the simple brutal.

Tarun Suri

2 rounds. I hate metcons, but know I should work on my weaknesses. Grass was wet, so it didn't take much to convince me to stop prematurely. 1 rounds, I did 10 depth jumps. Anticipating some valgus medius tomorrow.

Also, I'm going to do weighted pike stretches more often. They felt beautiful and I feel like I will milk a lot from them.

Wheelson

4 rounds

-suicides on the basketball court -I didn't have a time, but I feel I went well over a minute on the sprints

-10 rebounds on and off a 3ish foot picnick table

-20 squat jumps

-5 death jumps off said picnick table

finished with 2x30 weighted pike stretches

wasn't too bad this used to be a very common workout style for me, so it felt good to do again

Max Johnson

Not another painful leg day! I thought killers were enough.

Workout:

Warmup:

Starjumps, jumprope

Wrist series (palm down leans, palm up leans, knee pushups of: dorsal, wrist, first knuckle, finger, fingertip hopping)

FSP Warmup:

2 x (20s bent straddle + 15s low L hang)

2 x (15s planche lean + 15s reverse pushup)

2 x (20s bent l-sit + 15s german hang)

WOD - 4 rounds, with 3 mins rest, of:

60 sec Shuttle Run

30s Rebounding in Place (then 12″ box rebounds for last round)

20 Squat Jumps

5 3′ Depth Jumps

Notes:

  • [*:5jpfygrg]Forgot to do the 2x30 seconds Weighted Pike Stretch as I ran out of time.
    [*:5jpfygrg]I wasn't sure how far down the progressions I should've started for senders - do I have much to gain from rebounding in place rather than beginning with rebounding on and off a box? I think I'll find a bigger box next time, although this would tire me out more before the squat jumps.
    [*:5jpfygrg]Squat jumps are pretty nasty. I wimped out after 15 reps in the 3rd round to take a 5s break and soon discovered it hurts more to stop than to keep going! That turned out to be good enough motivation not to stop in the 4th round. It's amazing how fast the fatigue catches up here - I felt fresh-ish for, say, the first 10 reps before feeling horrible. My vertical jump height isn't very high, but it still wasn't the pathetically low millimetres I expected in the last reps; maybe I wasn't trying hard enough in the earlier reps.
    [*:5jpfygrg]Doing rounds of squats reminds me of my Crossfit days. This WOD was tough, but it wasn't as bad as rounds of burpees, sprints, pullups, pushups and/or squats etc that I recall with horror. It didn't make me feel like vomiting, at least.
    [*:5jpfygrg]Depth jumps were low, but I couldn't easily find anything higher to safely jump off.

Gavin Strelitz

2 rounds of

60s Shuttle runs

40' jumping for height and distance

20 Jumping Squats

5 Depth Jumps

I felt really bad after 2 rounds so just left it at that. My goal is to do 3 next time this type of WOD comes around.

Joshua Naterman

3YyDEiDq75s

Julekman

Hey Slizz, dont take your couch from your house man :lol: ,

just kidding, nice improvisation for senders, great workout

Joshua Naterman

HAHAHA!!! Maybe some day... :lol:

And remember, THIS street doesn't bounce!!!