This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 101012

Started by Coach Sommer, October 12, 2010 · 11 Replies · 2,030 Views

Coach Sommer

pTUn2-sF3Hw

Complete four rounds:

60 sec Shuttle Run

40’ Senders

10 Jumping Deck Squats

5 Depth Jumps

Finish the workout with 2x60 seconds of Seated Toe Point Stretch.

notes:

1) The Shuttle Run should be performed with an all out effort. The primary focus of the Shuttle Run is to elevate the heart rate over 170 BPM.

2) Perform your shuttle runs in the following fashion; sprint out 5yds & return, sprint out 10 yds & return, sprint out 15 yds & return. Continue in this fashion non-stop for 60 seconds.

3) Move immediately from the Shuttle Runs to the Senders to the Jumping

Deck Squats to the Depth Jumps.

4) Depth Jumps - jump off an object 3’-10’ high, bending the knees but not allowing the feet to move or step upon landing. If in doubt go lower rather than higher and remember to BEND the knees upon landing!

5) You may rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

Joshua Naterman

Ack! Not today. My ankle is quite messed up.

However, I would like to say that my resting heart rate is 53 beats per minute. Not bad! I know that the WODs have had a lot to do with lowering it back down to a more athletic level.

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

WU:

1000m Row

12 Shoulder Dislocate

12 OHS

FSP:

2 x 1 Straddle L (PB Low; 15s, 15s)

2 x 1 Front Lever (Flat Tuck/Tuck; 5s, 20s)

2 x 1 Planche (Frog; 25s, 25s) my left wrist is still beaten

2 x 1 Manna (PB Low; 10s, 8s)

2 x 1 L-Sit (Bent; 20s, 20s)

2 x 1 Back Lever (Flat Tuck; 15s, 15s)

WOD:

4 Rounds:

60s KB Swings (24kg; Unbroken)

40' Senders (Highest one was 20")

10 Jumping Deck Squats

5 Depth Jumps (46")

Rest 2 mins.

Finish with 2 x 60s Seated Pointed Toe Stretch. Shoulder Drills & Stretch.

Gavin Strelitz

3 Rounds of:

60 sec Shuttle Run

40’ Senders

10 Jumping Deck Squats

5 Depth Jumps

2 x 30s Seated Toe Point Stretch

Tough workout but definitely getting better at these as my legs get stronger.

Tyler Schmitz

Today's WOD:

4 rds:

60 sec shuttle run/jog

Rest 10-15 sec

40' Senders (jumping over anything i could find lol)

10 Jumping Deck Squats with 20 lb weight

5 Depth jumps from 6 ft high

Rest 3 min bet. rds

Finished with 2 x 60 sec Seated Toe Stretch

Kenneth Manning

Minor foot injury prevented me from doing this one, so I just did what I could and threw in some other things pretty much for the heck of it...

4 rounds

60 sec stationary bike sprint (high resistance)

squat jumps x 20,15,15,15

piked 360 pulls x 5,5,5,5

couldn't do seated toe point stretch so I subbed in weighted pike stretch 25lbs 2 x 30 sec

Max Johnson

Warmup:

Jumprope, shoulder circles/shrugs

Wrist series (palm down/up leans, 1x10 knee pushups of: dorsal, wrist, first knuckle, finger, fingertip hopping)

FSP warmup:

3x (20s Bent Straddle-L + 10s Tuck FL)

2x (30s Frogstand + 15s Reverse Pushup)

3x (20s Bent L-sit + 15s Assisted German Hang)

WOD:

4 rounds:

60 sec Shuttle Run

40′ Senders

10/8/8/8 Jumping Deck Squats

5 Depth Jumps (33″)

2x60s Seated Toe Point Stretch

Cooldown:

2x5 Hip Extensions (forwards only)

Dominic LaCasse Pike Stretching Routine

Notes:

  • [*:344wi040]Tuck FL and Reverse Pushup are feeling good and seem to be progressing well. German Hang is getting better too. Right shoulder was feeling a little uncomfortable in Frogstand today, even though I can probably do 90s easily - I might back off to Planche Leans again. Straddle-L and L-sit are still frying my abs somewhat.
    [*:344wi040]I'm never sure when to stop doing Jumping Squats/Jumping Deck Squats - sometimes I feel the explosiveness dies a bit after a few reps, but I can still jump pretty high after getting up slightly more slowly. I'll probably scale this to plain Jumping Squats next time, although my performance today seemed worse than the last few times.
    [*:344wi040]My pike flexibility has really improved since I started working on it - I previously couldn't even touch my head to my legs.
    [*:344wi040]Still getting 5-7 hours of crappy quality sleep - I wake up feeling utterly horrible, and it's probably killing my WOD performance. Will hopefully fix this soon.

kevinrohrbach

Just out of interest. How are you guys setting up for the senders? I don't have access to a gym or any gym equipment and was wondering how to substitute.

Joshua Naterman

I set out my weight bench, cardboard boxes, an old heater, and one or two trash cans! I have also started using my paralletes.

kevinrohrbach
slizzardman said:
I set out my weight bench, cardboard boxes, an old heater, and one or two trash cans! I have also started using my paralletes.

Wicked. Thanks!

kevinrohrbach

Warmup:

800m light jog, shoulder circles/shrug

Wrist circles and stretches (palm down and up leans)

Dynamic leg stretches (front/back and side-to-side)

FSP:

2x (30s Bent straddle-L + 30s tuck FL)

2x (30s adv. Frog stand + 20s elevated bent-knee MSH)

2x (30s Bent LS + 30s tuck BL)

WOD:

4 rounds:

30s shuttle run (my puls was already above 180 here and any longer would have just left me gasping on the floor. I usually got to about 20m and back)

10 Rebounds off a knee-high bench and back onto it

10 Deck squats

5 Depth jumps off of shoulder height.

2x60s Seated Toe Point Stretch, using a Thera-Band to keep my heels together

Cooldown:

Ido Portals:

and Ido's Squat Clinic Routine
Tyler Schmitz
kevinrohrbach said:
Just out of interest. How are you guys setting up for the senders? I don't have access to a gym or any gym equipment and was wondering how to substitute.

Kevin, I just grab anything around I have laying outside and order them in proliferating size. For example, this WOD I used trash barrels, boxes, pool floats, fencing, and a wheel barrel and placed them a few ft apart over a 40 ft stretch. I put the smaller things first and eventually the wheel barrel last bc it was the largest. This exercise is actually really fun but the shuttle runs SUCK.