This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 100909

Started by Coach Sommer, September 9, 2010 · 22 Replies · 2,710 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete 3 sets each:

1 Embedded XR L-sit + 5 Tempo Seated MU

1 Embedded BL + 5 Tempo HeS RLL

1 Embedded FL + 5 Tempo HLL

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

notes:

1) Warm-up by performing 2-3 easier CPP variations prior to beginning your working sets. The variations used should initially begin with one that is quite easy and then get progressively more difficult from warm-up set to warm-up set.

2) Choose a body position for the embedded static strength variation that allows you to hold the position for 15 seconds per rep.

3) Focus on maintaining completely locked, straight elbows at all times during the XR L-sits. You may adjust the position of the legs as necessary.

4) Rest 10-20 seconds between the embedded static and the subsequent exercise. Rest 1-2 minutes in between giant sets.

5) Use a tempo of 313 for the basic strength sets.

6) For the muscle-ups, this equates to a 3 second ascent, followed by a 1 second pause at the top, then a 3 second descent. The required tempo includes your work through the transition. Be sure to choose a muscle-up variation that allows the tempo to be correctly maintained.

7) Add weight as necessary to the HLL & HeS RLL to make them challenging for 5 repetitions at the required tempo.

8 ) You may scale the workout as necessary by substituting another exercise from the same movement family as necessary.

9) DO NOT skip the Bridge Wall Walks at the end of the Workout.

Kiyoshi

Whats a tempo 313?

I have to do these exercises on a pullup bar, how would I do the L-sit, just like normal?

And are bridge wall walks, the same as normal wall walks?

Cole Dano
Kiyoshi said:
Whats a tempo 313?

I have to do these exercises on a pullup bar, how would I do the L-sit, just like normal?

And are bridge wall walks, the same as normal wall walks?

Tempo - Read point 6) above

L-sit - Yes any hands at the side variation for the L-sit rather than hanging from the bar.

Wall walk - with your back facing the wall bend backwards, bring hands to wall, walk hands down as far as possible, avoid pinching in the lower back.

Eddie Stelling

I assume the seated muscle ups are self-explanatory, just lower the rings so that you are seated with arms still extended above and muscle up, correct??

Leandro

I felt kinda weak today, but I'm happy I could finish the wod!

Warm up

4x15s Lsit

4x15s Adv Frog Stand

4x15s Tuck FL

6x10s Tuck BL

30s Planche Lean

WOD:

3 Rounds of:

15s Low XR LSit + 5 Feet assisted MU

15s Tuck BL + 5 HeS RLL

15s Tuck FL + HLL (tuck, piking in the end)

Bridge Wall walks, 4x1 + 3x2 reps

Justin Kyle

Warm up:

L-sit - 4x15 sec

Adv frog stand - 2x30 sec (3 sets of 5 sec tuck planche as well)

Flat tuck BL- 4x15 sec

Tuck FL- 2x30 sec

Workout - 3 sets of:

15s XR L-sit + (4+1, 4+1, 3+2) tempo MU (these were a lot tougher than I thought/ 313 tempo was brutal)

15s Flat tuck BL + 5 HS RLL

15s Adv tuck FL + 5 tempo HLL

Bridge Wall Walks - 10x1

Aushion Chatman

That's it in a nutshell Eddie

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

WU:

500m Row

10 Shoulder Dislocate

15s Samson Stretch

5 Strict Pullups (Chest to Bar)

5 Strict Ring Dips

1 XR Narrow MU

FSP:

2 x 1 Straddle L (PB Low; 20, 20) Feeling better in this

2 x 1 FL (Tuck; 15, 15) tired as hell in this

2 x 1 PL (Adv. Frog; 10, 10) this felt horrible as well

2 x 1 Manna (MSH Bent; 15, 15) feeling better in this

2 x 1 BL (Tuck-Flat Tuck playing around)

2 x 1 L-Sit (Floor; 5, 5)

WOD:

3 x 1 Embedded XR L-Sit; rest 20s; 5 Strict XR Narrow MuscleUps @ Tempo 3131 (5, 2+2+1, 2+1+1+1) Rest 1:30

3 x 1 Embedded BL; rest 20s; 5 HeS RLL @ Tempo 3131 (4+1, 3+2, 3+2; No weight at first then ankle weights.. I dunno the weight on them) Rest 1:30

3 x 1 Embedded FL; rest 20s; 5 HLL @ Tempo 3131 (This variation was too hard and I didn't know the scaled ones, so I just did kipping up and 3 seconds descent)

Finished with 10 bridge wall walks. Went Well. Stretched and did 2 x 10 rotator cuffs on both arms.

Question: I know its been asked but how long are we required to hold the embedded static ones? 15s also?

Leandro

I wish I had stall bars at home....Doing HLL in a door bar is not good. I can't lower all the way down and I can't put anything to push my back.

Leandro
SPARTAN-367 (PAT) said:

Question: I know its been asked but how long are we required to hold the embedded static ones? 15s also?

Check item 2 of coach's notes. It's 15 secs.

Josh Schmitter

3 sets each

1 Embed. XR L-sit 15s, legs below 90. 5 pull ups/5 partial dips(alternating 1 pull, 1 dip)

1 Embed tuck BL/German + 5 HeSRLL...tried tempo but had to quicken up some do to neck discomfort

1 Embed tuck FL + 5 HLL (knees bent 90)

10 Bridge Wall Walks - about halfway down, really focusing on using my back. Felt good.

I'm going to agree with Leandro on the HLL with a pull up bar...I really feel this in my shoulders and grip, and that takes over after the first couple reps of feeling anything in my abs. After all the pulls and FL work my grip/arms were done, so I think the combo of that and no back/shoulder support just canceled out this exercise for me.

Tyler Schmitz

Did WOD as prescribed.

3 Sets of:

1 emb XR L-sit + 5 seated Tempo MU (5 first set, 4 second set, 3 third set)

1 emb full BL + 5 Tempo HeS RLL with 10 lb weight chained to ankles

1 emb advanced tuck FL + 5 Tempo HLL (5 first set, 5 second set, 4 third set)

Skin started to rip and bleed on 3rd round so couldn't get anymore.

Rested 2 minutes in between each giant set and 20-30 sec in between static and exercise.

Stretched shoulders on rings instead of Bridge Wall Walks bc did B. Wall Walks Tuesday and Lower back is killing me!

Kenneth Manning

Today's WOD:

XR L sit, legs parallel x 15 sec, 3 seated tempo MUs + 2 slight assist seated tempo MUs, all x 3 sets

BL x 15 sec, HeS RLL tempo x 5, all x 3 sets

Adv tuck FL x 15 sec, HLL tempo (pullup bar) x 5, 3 sets

10 bridge wall walks

Great workout, MUs were especially challenging today as I was still a little sore from Tuesday, but all in all it went pretty well.

Samuel Carr

Would it be more beneficial to do the RLLs from a shoulder stand on the rings rather than doing the HeS RLLs that I would be doing otherwise, or would this be a different type of exercise?

Patrick Angelo Sardilli
Leandro said:
SPARTAN-367 (PAT) said:

Question: I know its been asked but how long are we required to hold the embedded static ones? 15s also?

Check item 2 of coach's notes. It's 15 secs.

thx wow I don't know how I did not see that :shock:

Patrick Angelo Sardilli
Leandro said:
I wish I had stall bars at home....Doing HLL in a door bar is not good. I can't lower all the way down and I can't put anything to push my back.

I hear ya in the same situation.

Samuel Carr

It helps if you can close the door behind you depending on the type of pull up bar you use.

Saber2

So today I did a semi proper warm up with FSP

I did 2x15s for FL, BL, Frog Stand, and L Sits. I als grouped them in two and had roughly 45s rest between sets. 15 of the 45s was doing another hold.

Then I performed the WOD

3 sets of:

embedded L sit followed by 5 assisted MU

embedded BL followed by 5 HeS RLL (I still don't know the difference between these and presses to HeS)

embedded FL followed by 5 HLL

Finisher

Quest for the MU...Random play attempting to nail down that SOB :D

Leandro
element3904 said:
It helps if you can close the door behind you depending on the type of pull up bar you use.

I already tried this, but my bar had to be put a little further from the door, it's on the middle of the wall now. At first I placed it so tight because I was afraid I could crash in ground especially when passing my legs, going to a back lever.

When my forearms are willing to the job I might try it!

Cole Dano
Saber2 said:

embedded BL followed by 5 HeS RLL (I still don't know the difference between these and presses to HeS)

They are the same, when part of a Press handstand progression they will be called Press HeS when part of a core progression RLL.

Leandro
Mr Brady said:
Saber2 said:

embedded BL followed by 5 HeS RLL (I still don't know the difference between these and presses to HeS)

They are the same, when part of a Press handstand progression they will be called Press HeS when part of a core progression RLL.

I think when part of press HS progressions, the point is just to work the movement, if you can't pike press to HS yet, at least you can work the core part and mechanics of the movement, doing pike press to HeS, maybe with head elevated. But you should strive to be able, and thats the goal, to pike press to HS. When in core works, I think your path is to be able to do pike press to HeS with weights in ankles, to work your lower back and abs more than the motion of the press to HS itself.

Strange in my case, is that a pike or straddle press to HeS is very very easy, I can easly do 10 slow repetitions of either. Now press to Handstands are a lot harder, and it's not due to lack of shoulder strength, but abs strength and legs flexibility. I'm already doing straddle presses, but they are far from mastered yet. There's even wrist work here!

tankman

I'm a bit confused about how these sets work. I'm sure this has been asked a zillion times but I'm not sure how to find the answer so I'll ask again. :)

Is this:

Lsit MU Lsit MU Lsit MU 1-2min rest

BL RLL BL RLL BL RLL 1-2min rest

FL HLL FL HLL FL HLL 1-2min rest

or is it:

Lsit MU BL RLL FL HLL 1-2min rest

Lsit MU BL RLL FL HLL 1-2min rest

Lsit MU BL RLL FL HLL 1-2 min rest

or something different all together.

Thanks!

Max Johnson

Warmup:

Jumprope, shoulder circles/shrugs

Wrist series (palm down leans, palm up leans, 1x10 knee pushups of: dorsal, wrist, first knuckle, finger, fingertip hopping)

FSP warmup:

2 x (15s Bent Straddle + 15s Low L Hang)

2 x (15s Planche Lean + 15s Reverse Pushup)

2 x (15s Bent L-sit + 15s German Hang)

WOD

Warmup with Pullups, Dips, HeS and L-Hangs.

3 sets:

15s Bent XR L-sit + 5 Tempo Assisted MU

15s Roll to German Hang + 5 Tempo Wall HeS RLL (later 90 degrees only)

15s Low L-Hang + 5 Tempo HLL

10 Bridge Wall Walks

Notes:

  • [*:gzrwlk7l]The 'MU' was more like an assisted false grip Pullup into a tough Tempo Dip. I wish I had the space to try MU progressions with the rings higher.
    [*:gzrwlk7l]The HeS RLL was performed with the legs only going down to 90 degrees in sets 2 and 3 (no box though).
    [*:gzrwlk7l]My legs don't go particularly high in the HLL, and while I don't have anything to push me forwards I didn't feel like I was leaning backwards.
    [*:gzrwlk7l]The Bridge Wall Walks gassed me out today for some reason, and I had to take a couple of short breaks while doing them.