This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 101001

Started by Coach Sommer, October 1, 2010 · 13 Replies · 2,040 Views

Coach Sommer

UXwNBdyEewg

Complete four rounds:

20’ L-sit Walks

3 XR HSPU

5 XR Dips to L-sit

7 Triple Clap Pushups

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

Compare your results today to your results on 100730.

notes:

1) The L-sit Walks should be performed with an all out effort. The primary focus of the L-sit Walks is to elevate the heart rate over 170 BPM.

2) Move immediately from the L-sit Walks to the XR HSPU. Be conscientious in completely locking the elbows and turning the rings out at the top of each repetition.

3) After the XR HSPUs move immediately to the XR Dips to L-sit without coming down off of the rings.

4) XR Dips to L-sit are done by performing a regular XR Dip with the legs hanging down and then simply adding an L-sit at the top of each dip. Be sure to lock and extend the elbows properly during the XR L-sit portion of the dips.

5) After the XR Dips to L-sit drop down off of the rings to the floor and immediately begin the Triple Clap Pushups.

6) Triple Clap Pushups are performed by exploding up off of the ground and clapping once in front of the chest, then once behind the back and finally once more in front of the chest. ALL CLAPS SHOULD BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO LANDING.

7) If you are unable to complete a Triple Clap Pushup, adjust your repetitions upwards as follows: 12 repetitions for Double Clap Pushups (one clap forward & one clap behind; your choice of order) or 15 repetitions for Single Clap Pushups. These adjusted repetitions are to be completed per round.

8 ) Rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

9) Scale the movements as necessary to allow the correct repetition range to be performed for a given movement.

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

Triple Clap Pushups oh god! lol :shock:

Ryan Libke

I think I needed emergency crews to revive me for the workout on July 30, 2010. Hopefully I can improve on that performance, but I doubt I will avoid the calamity that occurs each time I attempt the L-sit walks. At least the neighborhood children will be entertained by the doofus in the garage who looks like he is trying to emulate the movement patterns of an injured penguin.

Justin Kyle

I feel you Wolf with one ear, this was tough.

Warmup:

Running around the gym and stretching

4x15 sec L-sit

6x10 sec tuck planche

4x15 sec adv tuck FL

4X8 sec straddle BL

WOD/Four rounds of:

L-sit walks (Extremely hard! I did a low L-sit walk on P-bars)

3 HSPU (first two rounds did HSPU with stomach facing the wall for better form/ Last two sets I did HSPU negatives)

5 XR dips to L-sit (These felt really good for some reason! L-sit felt solid on each lift)

15 one clap pushups

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

Doesn`t help being sick plus on top of that yesterdays hard workout lol.

WU:

1200m Row

12 Pushups

FSP:

2 x 1 Straddle L (PB Low; 20s, 20s)

2 x 1 FL (Flat Tuck; 9s, 10s)

2 x 1 Planche (Tuck; 11s, 12s)

2 x 1 Manna (PB Bent; 10s, 10s)

2 x 1 BL (Flat Tuck; 10s, 10s)

2 x 1 L-Sit (Florr; 4s, 3s)

WOD:

4 Rounds:

20' Ag Walks

3 XR HSPU (Purple Elastic Support)

5 XR Dips to L-Sit

15 Clapping Pushups

Rest 3 mins.

Finish with 2 x 10 Wrist Pushups on Knees. Stretch.

Max Johnson

Warmup:

Jumprope, shoulder circles/shrugs

Wrist series (palm down/up leans, 1x10 knee pushups of: dorsal, wrist, first knuckle, finger, fingertip hopping)

FSP warmup:

2x (20s Bent Straddle-L + 10s Tuck FL)

2x (30s Frogstand + 15s Reverse Pushup)

2x (20s Bent L-sit + 15s Assisted German Hang)

WOD:

Complete four rounds:

20’ Support Walks between two worksurfaces

3 Partial ROM HeSPU

5 XR Dips to L-sit

15 Single Clap Pushups on knees

2x10 Wrist Pushups

Cooldown:

Ido's Scapular Mobilization Routine

Notes:

  • [*:1gfl9rh0]Support Walks didn't work that well - I'll probably try Ag Walks next time.
    [*:1gfl9rh0]I never thought Single Clap Pushups on knees could ever be so hard.

Samuel Carr

Someone should post a video of them doing 3x clap push ups

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

90xhaI8TNgA

Found on youtube... insane!

Samuel Carr

He is piking in the hips a lot though...

Kenneth Manning

Did this one this morning, was a rough one today:

4 rounds:

20' L sit walk (one foot elevated, one sliding) x 4

parital ROM HeSPU (head to 4" block) x 3,3,3,3

XR dip to L sit x 5,5,5,5

15 single clap pushups x 15, (9+6); hands elevated 8" (onto cinderblocks) x 15, 12+3

1x10 wrist pushups on knees

regular wrist pushups 6+4

This felt brutal today. The clapping pushups at the end - each set went the same, the first 5 reps felt explosive and really solid, and then all of a sudden fatigue would just set in. Elevating my hands helped some to try to stay within the repetition parameters, but I really worked to not rest at all between exercises for this one, and man, did that ever do a number on my triceps.

Tarun Suri
element3904 said:
He is piking in the hips a lot though...

I could be wrong but I don't think its possible to get that much power and air without piking.

Michael Miskelly
I could be wrong but I don't think its possible to get that much power and air without piking.

I don't think you are wrong, you would need some serious strength and hand speed to get a triple clap without a pike, ross knows his stuff and frankly if I am able to do a triple clap the way he does some day, I will be happy!

Tough workout today.

Tyler Schmitz

Today's WOD:

4 rds:

20 ft Lsit Walk

3 XR HSPU(ft supported on straps)

5 XR Dip to L-Sit

15 Single CLappin Push-ups( 1x15; 1x15; 1x10 and 2x5; 1x8 and 1x7) (couldn't figure out the triple clap but will try next time)

Rested 3 min between rds

Finished with 2 x 10 Wrist Push ups with ft elevated

Joshua Naterman

It doesn't matter that you have to pike, triple claps still require a LOT of explosive upper body ability!

I'll be doing this WOD tomorrow along with the scheduled WOD, my body has needed the rest. In fact, I will probably be doing this a lot, 2 WODs in one day once a week, but we will see. My schedule allows this, and it will allow much more rest. I've needed it. I'm doing great though, very happy with how things are progressing!