This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 100920

Started by Coach Sommer, September 20, 2010 · 19 Replies · 2,369 Views

Coach Sommer

IAGMcEoDbg0

Complete 3 sets of each:

1 Embedded BL + 5 Yewkis

1 Embedded XR L-sit + 5 PL Dips

1 Embedded FL + 5 Negative Front Pulls

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

notes:

1) Warm-up by performing 2-3 easier MPPu/MPPr variations prior to beginning your working sets. The variations used should initially begin with one that is quite easy and then get progressively more difficult from warm-up set to warm-up set.

2) Choose a body position for the embedded static strength variation that allows you to hold the position for 15 seconds per rep.

3) Rest 10-20 seconds between the embedded static and the subsequent exercise. Rest 1-2 minutes in between giant sets.

4) You should always scale the workout by substituting another exercise from the same movement family whenever it is necessary. However if the exercises are too easy, add weight to each movement until they are very challenging when performed for 5 repetitions.

5) DO NOT skip the Bridge Wall Walks at the end of the Workout.

Freeflyer

Planche Dips are certainly out of my league... But then all of the MPPr in the book look to be. So... XR dips and XR PPP?

Coach Sommer
Nick_EOD said:
... Planche Dips are certainly out of my league... But then all of the MPPr in the book look to be. So... XR dips and XR PPP? ...

Correct.

If multi-plane work is currently too demanding, always substitute the RX'd element with an appropriate single-plane movement that is similar in nature..

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Alvaro

Ooo I made a mistake and performed planche instead BL! Well whatever...

3 x:

- tuck planche + 5 tuck yewkis

- Xr L sit + 5 negative xr dips

- Fl + 5 half front pulls

2 x 4 bridge walks ( 1 min rest) + 2 bridge walks. Here is an imprivement here as previously I did 3x3 +1.

I feel I'm improving in this wod slowly but firmly. First time I did it I couldn't perform yewkis or front pulls when embeded. Now I can do it ...( well form goes out the door at the last rep ;)

Mats Trane

Hello Omegant

Where do you do your Yewkis On rings or PB?

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

Tough one today! Had to major Sub.

WU:

500m Row

15s Samson Stretch

5 Ring Dips (Rings Out on Extension)

5 Strict Pullups (Chest to Bar)

5 HeSPU

FSP:

2 x 1 Straddle L (PB Low; 20s, 15s)

2 x 1 Planche (Tuck; 10s, 10s)

2 x 1 Manna (PB Bent; 20s, 20s)

WOD:

Complete 3 sets:

1 Embedded Back Lever; rest 20s; 5 Front Lever Pulls (Purple Elastic)

1 Embedded XR L-Sit; rest 20s; 5 HeSPU

1 Embedded Front Lever; rest 20s; 5 Strict Knees to Elbows & Slow Descent

Finish 10 Bridge Wall Walks. 2 x 10 Side Rotator Cuffs. Stretch.

keep it up guys!

Kenneth Manning

Today's WOD:

BL x 15 sec (all 3 sets) + adv tuck yewkis 5,5,5

XR Lsit (low) x 15 sec (x3) + 5 XR dips + 5 PPPups (all 3 sets)

Adv tuck FL X 15 sec (x3) + negative front pulls 5, 3+2, 3+2

10 bridge wall walks

Great workout. I was pretty spent by the time negative front pulls came along, pulling to invert, even tucked, was really tough!

Justin Kyle

Warm up:

Only did Adv. Frog stand since the other static elements were in the WOD. 2x30 sec

WOD:

3 sets of each

-Embedded BL (adv. Tuck) + Adv. tuck Yewkies x 5 (first time doing these, pretty tough)

-Embedded XR L-sit + Chest roll to HeS x 5 (5, 5, 4+1)

-Embedded FL (adv. Tuck) + Negative Front pulls x 5 (did one leg tucked and the other extended the first 2 sets/ the 3rd set I decided to do adv. tuck position except I opened up the angle of my knees to greater than 90 degrees which I felt to be more beneficial)

10 bridge wall walks

-Good stuff. I feel you on those negative front pulls killroy! On the 4th and 5th rep simply tucking to inverted hang was very challenging ha. Great job by the way for holding full BL for 15 seconds each set! Very strong, keep it up!

Freeflyer

Warm Up:

in log

GB WOD:

3 sets each:

  • [*:2l4z1n5q] inverted pike into 15 sec Adv Tuck BL + 5 Yewkis (rnd 1,2 - straddle; rnd 3 - adv tuck)
    [*:2l4z1n5q]Jump into 15 sec Low XR L sit + 5 XR dips, 5 XR PPP
    [*:2l4z1n5q]Pull from hang into 15 sec 90/90 Adv Tuck FL + 5 negative Front Pull (rnd 1 - full lay, rnd 2,3 single leg)

  • [*:2l4z1n5q]2 x 9 bridge wall walks

Thoughts:
  • [*:2l4z1n5q]Second exercise set was brutal on my chest. Maybe it was in combination with all the supports in the warmup, but I was feelin it pretty good.
    [*:2l4z1n5q]Negative front pulls destroyed my triceps of all places... I know they aren't too strong... but it seems an odd place. The more I tried to slow myself down, the more they burned.

Question: I can do a full L hang for 10-15 sec but in a support I can only do the full position for 2-3sec, so I end up doing low L supports on parallettes. Would it be better to work the full L hang or the lower L support during my FSP warmups?

Alexander Moreen

Do a l sit if that's what the wod calls for because its also shoulder and elbow conditioning in addition to core.

Freeflyer
Lavastine said:
Do a l sit if that's what the wod calls for because its also shoulder and elbow conditioning in addition to core.

I do. I was more curious about my FSP warm-up. I will probably keep up with the L sit instead of the hang, but I find it interesting how much harder it is to hold an L in that position. I feel it in my upper quads most during the sit.

Max Johnson

Warmup:

Jumprope, shoulder circles/shrugs

Wrist series (palm down/up leans, 1x10 knee pushups of: dorsal, wrist, first knuckle, finger, fingertip hopping)

FSP warmup:

2 x (15s Bent Straddle-L + 15s Lowish L-hang)

2 x (15s Planche Lean + 15s Reverse Pushup)

1 x (15s Bent L-sit + 15s Assisted German Hang)

WOD

Complete 3 sets of each, with 20s/2mins rest:

1 Roll back to Assisted German Hang + 5 Tuck TOPs pulls

1 Raise to XR L-sit + 5 XR Dips

1 Raise to L-hang + 5 Tuck Body Levers

2x5 Bridge Wall Walks

Cooldown:

Ido's Shoulder Mobilization Routine

Notes:

  • [*:q0rl8hr1]I felt strong today. I guess that's because I had to skip 2 WODs last week.
    [*:q0rl8hr1]My L-hangs and XR L-sits are getting higher now - my legs were cramping significantly in the latter.
    [*:q0rl8hr1]German Hangs also felt pretty good - I snuck a 5s decent unassisted hold in there without too much shoulder discomfort.
    [*:q0rl8hr1]TOPs pulls and XR Dips felt great.
    [*:q0rl8hr1]Shoulders felt remarkably smooth during shoulder dislocates.

Josh Schmitter

3 sets each of

1 embedded German hang(feet support) + 5 pullups

1 embedded XR L-sit, legs slightly below 90 (these felt really good) + 5 chair partial dips(feet assist for a few on last set)

1 embedded tuck FL + 5 adv. tuck body levers(these felt much better).

I tried some TOP pulls for the Yewkis, but my forearms were on fire today...probably from wrenching together my pullup/trapeze-like bar that I will hopefully be able to suspend from my rings/straps. Even the 5 pulls ups I had to do a few jumping ones. The body levers finally felt like I have the correct position...i.e. not feeling it completely in my shoulders and neck.

Almost forgot the wall walks, but did them a few hours later. These felt much better as I was fresh and could go down further.

Joshua Naterman

3 sets of :

embedded German hang + 5 half lay yewkis, last two sets were mixed with flat tuck

flat palm L sit, flat palm tuck planche dips. These were hard and not quite right. I did one set of 7 good PPP to make up for the less than ideal hip lift.

90/90 flat tuck FL, 5 body levers. CRAP!!!!! I realized, after ALL 3 sets of everything, that I was supposed to do negative front pulls. So I did them on a polished square steel bar. Set 1 was all full lay and slow, Set 2 was full lay and a bit less slow, and set 3 was a bit ugly, we won't talk about set 3. I did not fall, though my fingers did slowly slip out of position with each rep.

I forgot about the wall walks, but I did a bit of HS walking and some holds. I just did the wall walks.

Josh Schmitter
slizzardman said:
CRAP!!!!! I realized, after ALL 3 sets of everything, that I was supposed to do negative front pulls. .

Ha, that's cause all us weaklings subbed the Body Lever ;)

Ryan Hutchins

did the workout today. tho my embedded holds were Full BL and Straddled FL. I could only hold them for 10 seconds. Tho cuz i was getting back in the swing of things i decided to go for shorter but more demanding.

i did the. MU, forward roll, MU, roll back, inverted pike, BL

MU, Lsit, shoulderstand pike up, lsit

and

FL pull, FL 1/2 neg, straddled FL

yewkis were tucked

planche was tucked and on pbars. Planche ring dips were just entirely too challenging if i wanted to get thru the rest of the workout.

neg FL pulls were straight body first time, and adv tuck the following 2 sets. My hands were crying blood after all of this ring work today. Good workout tho. i could only do 1 bridge wall walk before someone needed me. i guess i'll do the other nine in a bit.

Freeflyer
TANSTAAFL said:

Ha, that's cause all us weaklings subbed the Body Lever ;)

Lol, I find body levers harder personally. I thought you all were being tough guys :shock:.

Josh Schmitter

It's interesting how everyone's body responds differently to the same movement. I finally got comfortable doing an adv. tuck body lever, i THINK keeping my body in the right position throughout. Before it was so shoulder/neck intensive I couldn't focus on the rest of my body.

Alvaro

@cdx

Yes I perform them on rings. I feel it a bit easier. Also the FL pulls.

Tyler Schmitz

WOD as rx'd:

3 sets of:

1 emb Full BL (roll back from support hold) 15 sec + 5 Yewkis (1st set was full lay, last 2 were half lay)

Rest 2 min

1 emb XR L-Sit (support hold to L-Sit) 15 sec + 5 PL Dips (1st set was Advanced tuck, last 2 were tuck)

Rest 2 min

1 emb Half Lay/Adv Tuck FL 15 sec + 5 Neg Front Pulls (1st set was full lay, last 2 were half lay)

Rest 2 min

Finished with 10 Bridge Wall Walks (shoulder girldle still lack ROM so these hurt; not sure if chest or shoulders is culprit)