This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

TANSTAAFL-The Epoch of Man...umm, I mean, WO Log

Started by Josh Schmitter, July 14, 2011 · 224 Replies · 10,542 Views

Josh Schmitter

Finally got around to making this thing :). I will still be posting in the WOD's, but also going into more depth here if all goes as planned...mostly so I don't need to keep going back and forth and all over looking at past WOD's/notebook entries to see my previous subs/etc.

General Warmup: Usually jogging in place for about 2min/1min with hands up(fight style), lunges/high knee pulls(Eric Cressey Vid), Some PVC roller, shoulder circles, novel movements for lower back...

- Eric Cressey

FSP PRE-REQ WARMUP-120507 : I am doing the pre-req warmup superset style every WO day using the order and times as followed:

-Plank feet elevated:3x45s,

-Rev. Plank feet elevated:3x31s,

-Hollow Hold*:3x25s,

-Arch*:3x25s,

-PB Support:3x40s,

-Chin up Dead Hang:3x40s

*arms back in arch hold, straight up for hollow

I am now having a 60s break between the whole large set. Also, sometimes on the 3rd set the times are slightly under.

PREHAB: Most workout days I do the Wrist Routine and Lower Leg/Ankle prehab as dictated by coach(including calf raises, toes raises, ankle circles, etc.). I am also doing Ido's Shoulder/Scap/Squat routine pretty steadily at x2/week, I also sit in a full squat for probably around 20-30min average each day usually split up into 5-10min sets. Slizz's Shoulder stretch also comes in, but not as consistently as I'd like. Just starting Novel movements...

http://idoportal.blogspot.com/2009/07/f ... ber-1.html :Ido's Squat Routine

http://idoportal.blogspot.com/2009/07/p ... ining.html :Ido's Shoulder Routine/Coach's Wrist+Ankles

http://idoportal.blogspot.com/2009/07/s ... ences.html :Ido's Scap Routine

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4966 :Slizzardman's Shoulder Stretch

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5960 :Elbow/Wrist Novel Movements...

Lower Leg Prehab A = 3x20 heel raises, 3x20 toe raises/back to wall...sometimes w/ a 10s hold at end of toe raises. Toes pointed in, straight, out respectively. Ankle Circles: 3x20 each direction, each foot. I do this at least every WO day usually at night.

Added rice bucket into the mix. Doing alphabet with open hand until it gets tough(around G for now), then going to closed hand for the rest. Along with 25 grabs each hand. Will be doing this every workout day, not sure if I have time in WU, perhaps later/earlier in the day. Also doing rubber band/extensors work.

I follow the WOD's pretty consistently, still having some problems subbing, but doing much better.

Again, this is mostly so I have everything in one place for reference, but any feedback is always welcomed as a long lost friend, found amongst freshly fallen leaves.

110715: Added some time to some 1st set of Pre-reqs: Plank-40s RevPlank-30s Hollow-30s Arch-30s

-Keeping dead hang and support as is at 40s for all 3 as I raised their time not so long ago and it feels just right.

110901:Started Wrist Pushups on coffee table instead of knees

110905:Added time to FSP warmup as follows: 3x40s:Plank,Dead Hang, PB Support. 2x30/1x20s: Rev. Plnk, Hollow, Arch. This was a little tough, so we'll see if we can keep it up this week without any drop off in performance.

110926:Added 2x3 Full Body rows to warmup. Might have to elevate upper body, we'll see.

110930:Shorter times now 1st round of FSP warmup instead of last.

1110003:Wrist Push ups switching to 5-10 knees/5 table. All on table turned out a little too much over the past month, as in is feeling harder, not more comfortable.

111010:Switching up FSP Warmup as I am still feeling it's taking a little too much out of me sometimes for the WOD. Going to try Mon/Thurs(A variation): 2x20s/1x30s(middle set) for R. Plnk, Hollow, Arch, 3x40 for other 3. Tues/Friday(B variation):3x20s, 3x40s respectively.

111103:Tested FSP's. Will be doing a strict 1/2 of max SSC which is actually really close to what I had been doing that felt like too much for the 3 sets. The order as also changed. We shall see. I will also be doing the wrist routine with all the 5 pushup varieties, starting with 3-5 on knees of each and working up from there. Pre-req times are 3x50s Plank, 3x40s Dead Hang/PB support, 3x22s Arch/Hollow/Rev. Plank. Order = Plank/Arch/PB Support/Hollow/Rev.Plank/Dead Hang

Not sure what I'm going to do with the WOD's yet as far as SSC/Deload every 3-4th week/Deload every 2-5 Workouts.

111113:Started x2 rounds of FSP pre-req warmup...tough, but I don't feel drained for WOD's...yet :).

111128:Started x3 rounds of FSP pre-req...cut back plank and Support to 30s, focusing on pointed/straight toes/legs and pulling the shoulders down respectively.

120319-120323-Re-tested FSP Pre-req's... http://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/vi ... 210#p76460 Not too good...as of now I'm going to start working up to 2-3 min. in each position over the course of the day per Blairbob's advice.

120326-Started new cycle of half new test times(see above), still might change up as far as supersetting/3 in a row. Also adding 1x5 of Straddle HeRLL, Straddle/Adv Tuck Body Levers in WU. Along with changing rows to 2x5 at about 160 degrees and Wrist Routine am now doing 8 reps off all variations on knees(was doing 5)

u]120501-Doing 10 sets of all wrist routine now with 60s break between each. Not doing straddle HeRLL or Body levers in WU as of now in any organized way, might come back at some point. Rows are still there.

Josh Schmitter

WOD - 110714(Leg Str)

Wrist Routine

FSP pre-req Warmup(x1)

WOD:3 rounds/60s between exercise/5min bet. sets

5 Half GHR

10 Overhead Lunges(50lb plate)

5 HLL half(Tried v-l second set, but couldn't even manage tuck very well without using a lot of arm pull)

20m Backward sled sprint up slight incline

Hip Ext.=2x10 Front/Side, Circular 2x5

-60s rest between sets

-212 for front/side(slightly below parallel)

-Avg 10s TUT for circular.

Leg Stretching(1x30)

-1 leg Good Mornings(ala Paval), Standing Pike, Some quad and glute stuff

So glad to finally have my HLL bar up and running...full ROM indeed. It does make such a big difference.

post-30709-13531537177366_thumb.jpg

post-30709-13531537201487_thumb.jpg

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6649

Wrist Routine(minus wrist pushups)

FSP Pre-req warmup

WOD:

5x2 CWW/2min rest(starting at push up position)

1x5 Pike Press HeS/2min

1x10 Straddle Press HeS/5min

Lower Leg Prehab

Stomach to Wall HS: Wrist 4.5" away from wall

1x6 cycles 30s on/1min rest

1x10 wrist push on knees

rest 5 min

Repeat x1

-This felt really good since the last time. I was debating on doing box HeSPU position and doing all 12 cycles in a row, but I fig'd this would be better as actually working the HS position.

-I thought my wrists were a lot closer to the wall at first, but when I took into account the toe-kick and the quarter round, it adds about 1.5" ...blast :)

Josh Schmitter

Today added some time to some 1st set of Pre-reqs.

Plank-40s

RevPlank-30s

Hollow-30s

Arch-30s

Keeping dead hang and support as is at 40s for all 3 as I raised their time not so long ago and it feels just right. Hopefully going to go for a couple weeks like this, then add it to the 2nd set and so on.

Josh Schmitter

WOD - 110712(Dy Push-Lsit/TuckPL)

Wrist Routine(minus wrist pushups)

FSP Pre-req warmup

WOD: 4 rounds:30s rest between FBE/3min between rounds.

Subs:

-2 Lsit to as far as I could push into tuck pl

-3 Pike Pushups for HeSPU

-5 PPPu, Hands VERY slightly behind shoulders)

-30s just swings/no dips

2x10 Wrist pushups on knees

WOD - 110627(Dy Push/CWW)

Wrist Routine(minus wrist and fingertip Push ups)

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD: 4 rounds

Subs: Knee pushups for PPPu, 20s of swinging only for dips, 6 Pike pushups for Box HeSPu

-Last 2 rounds had to go with 1 cast wall walk. Going to try to alternate 2 partial ROM with 1 Full ROM every time this WOD comes up.

2x10 Wrist Pushups on knees

This was tough after doing all those casts in the last WOD as well, but I do feel them getting a little better.

WOD - 110610(Dy Push/Lsit-TuckPL)

Wrist routine(minus wrist push ups and fingertip push ups)

FSP pre-req.

WOD :2 rounds(hopefully going to add a round next time and another the following)

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL(pushing as far into tuck as possible...which is not very)

3 pike push ups

""

5 chair dips

""

15 clapping push ups on 4th step.

2x10 wrist pushups on knees.

WOD - 110711(Embed)

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req warmup

WOD:3 sets each/2min rest

15s German Hang(10s full, 5s foot assist)/5 tempo Foot sup. Rows(160ish degree body angle to floor)

15s Lsit PB low/5 tempo regular push ups

-HLL were kinda a mess. Tried the V to L with a tuck, couldn't do that with tempo. Did just regular tuck, with a 15s hanging L tuck for the static after. I feel like I'm using my arms way to much in these as my grip always gives out way before my abs/hip flexors/etc.

10 Bridge wall walks, almost to the floor.

-Was hoping my rows would be parallel to the floor by now, but not for tempo by any means

fingers front. Back I feel I can focus more on the back/abs.

WOD - 110630(Embed)

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup

Warm up sets(push ups and chins/chair assist)

WOD:3 sets each

15s German Hang(10s Full, 5 foot assist), 6 Tempo Chins(4 pallet bands)

15s Frog, 6 Tempo pike push ups on 3rd stair

15s Pull up grip tuck L-hang, 5 360 pulls(jumping back and forth back to the inverted, so basically just front/back pull negatives)

10 Bridge Wall Walks(4 walks down the wall)

Lower Leg prehab

-This was tough. The Chins felt just right...i.e. was pretty much at failure at the last rep/last set(mostly in forearms/grip)

-The pike pushes I tried on the floor, but no way was I going to keep that up with the tempo. I just hope this is an effective sub doing it elevated on steps.

-Front/Back Pull negatives were also very trying. Had to break them up to 4+1 the last 2 sets. It was probably about a 2-3s negative for each.

WOD - 110620(Embed)

Wrist Routine

FSP pre-req warmup

WOD:

Warmup sets:1x3 chair dips feet assist, 1x3 chins, 1x3 chair dips, 1x3 pull ups.

3 sets each:

15s Lsit tuck/5 tempo dips(3 full, 2 foot assist on ascent only)

15s German hang(8s free, 7s foot assist)/5 tempo chins(4 pallet band assist)

15s Pull up hang, shoulders back and retracted(still not sure if this is a good pre-req for tuck FL), 5 tempo HLL(grip was giving out here)

10 bridge wall walks(only few steps down)

Lower Leg Prehab

Where is everyone for the WOD's...is a seminar going on now?

WOD - 110609(Embed)

Wrist Routine

FSP prereq warm-up

WOD: 3 sets each

15s German Hang foot assist/5 Tempo Chins with 3 pallet bands(this was max effort last end of last 2 sets)

15s L-sit 90 bend/5 tempo push ups(last rep of last 2 sets: 4+1)

15s Chin up grip shoulders down+retracted/5 tempo leg lifts 90deg. bend(Was having a lot of trouble on these with the tempo as my grip/forearms were giving out long before anything else)

Lower leg prehab

Going to do the wall walks later as my back needs a little break.

WOD - 110708(Ring)

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req warmup

WOD: skipped out on rings today...

-5x3 chair dips/5x4 pull ups superset w/4min rest

-Lower leg prehab

5x15s

-Lsit 90 deg. bent legs

-Floor Handstand

-German Hang

2x10 Wall ext.

WOD - 110628(Ring)

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD:

3 rounds ring strength 1 (Subs: 3 pulls/3 dips for MU)

5x15s

-L-sit Hang Tuck(pull up grip),

-XR Support Hold

-German Hang(10s full, 5s foot assist)

2x10 Wall ext.

Lower leg prehab

-Making slow, steady progress on my german hangs.

-Still unsure if L-sit hang is a good sub for pre tuck FL. I could do tuck FL, but with the 5x15 it just toasts my forearms/grip right off the first one.

WOD - 110617(Ring)

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req warmup

WOD:

Ring Strenth 1x3

-subbed 4 pulls/3 chair dips for MU

-held tucks/inverted for 4-5s

5x15:

-Pull up dead hang focusing on retracting shoulder blades

-Plank Lean on floor, very slight lean

-German Hang foot assist, first 8s free hang

2x10 wall extensions(these felt really good after yesterday)

p.s. also up half the night with, I believe, one of the loudest thunderstorms I've ever heard, an awful, nauseating stomach ache(possibly from some bad lettuce?), and a crying baby. Just in case anyone is interested :)

WOD - 110607(Ring)

Wrist Routine

FSP prereq. warmup

Lower Leg prehab

WOD

3 rounds ring strength 1(with 3 pulls/dips subbed for muscle up)

5x15

-tuck L-sit hang in pull up grip

-XR support hold

-German hang foot assist

-Wall Extentions(10, 8+2)

Comments:

-Anyone know if there is anything in between a dead grip pull up hang and a Tuck FL for subbing? Tried l-sit but that seems to involve completely different musculature.

-Read that coach prefers an XR support hold for a ring handstand sub...does this include if you can only hold it with slightly rolled shoulders, or should I just stick with PB support and/or floor handstands?

-Glad to be back on the WOD's

WOD - 110707(Dy Leg)

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD: Was feeling a little under par today...didn't sleep well. So just did my warmup and some ab work 10x3 Adv. Tuck Body levers.

WOD - 110621(Dy Leg)

Wrist Routine

FSP Prereq warmup

WOD: 3 rounds

60s jump rope(avg. 120 skips)

20m slightly incline tire sprint

jump rope

10 regular jumping deck squats

jump rope

5 depth jumps from car roof

2-3 rest

2x30 seated toe point

some pike work/lower leg prehab

WOD - 110606(Dy Leg)

After some sleep issues(possibly a bit of overtraining), I'm back on the WOD train.

Wrist Routine

WOD:2 rounds

40 senders jumps around driveway(setting up a course soon)

12 Jumping deck squats

8 Box Jumps(stacker cinder blocks about waist high)

4 Depth Jumps(off car...moving to deck soon)

Pike/Ankle stretching/lacrosse ball work

-Ido Scap/Shoulder Routine

-Lower leg prehab.

-Easin' back in.

WOD - 110704(Leg St)

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup

Lower Leg Prehab(later in day)

WOD:3 rounds

SUBS:Killers w/ 30lbs. 5 Single Leg Arch-ups each leg for NLC.

60s Straddle L sit(PB bent 4x15s)

-Tried Killers with a 50lb plate overhead...not happening :).

WOD - 110623(Leg St)

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD:

Rounds/Rests as rx'd, Subs: Half GHR, Bodyweight only SLS.

-1st round accidentally did 3x20(10reps each leg) of SLS on a box...oh well :).

-3x10 Hip Ext:Front and Side at about 212, Circle:8-10s Surrounding yourself(front,side,back) with boxes,etc. of the same height makes it much easier to keep a consistent height. Helps me focus more on the supported leg tension/pushing through the floor. Circulars are still 2x5 each leg.

-Some stretching/lower leg prehab.

WOD - 110613(Leg St)

Wrist Routine

FSP pre-reqs

WOD: 3 rounds

5 half GHR

10 Overhead Lunges with 50lbs

20ish m backward tire sled sprints

4x15 bent leg straddle L with about 60s rest in between

3x10 hip ext.

-Some leg prehab and stretching to close out.

-I love when leg days coincide with laser tag league nights :).

WOD - 110705(HS Ladder)

Wrist Routine(minus wrist pushups)

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD:

-4x3 CWW (2-3min rest between sets)

-1x5 Press He(2min)

-1x10 Straddle Press He(8+2...neck was giving trouble...4min)

HSPU Ladders:3 Rounds

-6 wall runs between each, 5min rest between 1/2 rounds

-3 Pike Pushups(54in from wall)

-2 Full ROM dips

-1 Box HeSPU

2x10 Wrist Push ups on knees

Lower Leg Prehab

-Does anyone know if it's better/why you would do the He Presses with fingers turned back instead of front? I am going to research this later as I remember vaguely coming across it before in a handstand press post, but I did it today and it is definitely a lot harder on the arms with

WOD - 110624(HS wall run)

Wrist Routine/FSP Pre-req Warmup/Ido Shoulder+Scap on Friday

WOD: On Saturday...

5x2 Cast Wall Walks with 1-2m rest

1x5 HeS Pike Press

1x10 HeS Straddle Press

10min Wall Runs in Box HeSPu position. 30s on/60s off. (5min, 1x10 Wrist Pushups 3min rest) x2

-Had to break up the days with the warmup and all due to camping. Even in the Box HeSPu for the wall runs, these were still very rough on the shoulders. I imagine you could even do this in pike pushup position, but I think extending rest times in a harder position would be better.

WOD - 110614(HS Cycle)

Wrist Routine(minus wrist Push ups)

Ido's Scap/Shoulder series

FSP pre reqs/lower leg prehab

WOD

3x3 cast wall walks(3,3,2+1) 2min. rest in between. Might try more rest/sets of 2 next time as this was very hard.

1x5 pike press HeS

1x10 straddle press HeS(7,3)

6 sets wall handstands(30s/1m)

2x10 wrist push ups on knees.

Hopefully I'll soon figure out the ideal cast wall walk set/reps that's best for my progress...

WOD - 110701(Dy Pull)

-Did a repeat of last weeks DyPull day since I worked out earlier before this was posted. Glad to know at least my WOD template of what day is coming up is still accurate.

Wrist Routine

FSP pre-req warmup

WOD:4 rounds

Subbed Front pulls with Adv. Tuck Body Levers

5 tuck FL pulls, 4 pallet band assist

7 pull ups(4pallet band assist)

9 XR rows(body at about 145 degrees to ground...i.e. almost standing up)

Lower leg prehab

WOD - 110616(Dy Pull)

Wrist Routine

FSP pre-req warmup

Lower leg prehab

WOD:

-Was a little disappointed in myself here with scaling. I figured after going back and reading all the WOD's I would be better at this, but alas. By the end I came upon this that seemed to work, but by the end was killer. I tried the blomleg pullover sub, but didn't quite understand if you need a false grip or you pushed back over from the roll, then up to support...

Subbed Front pulls with Adv. Tuck Body Levers

5 tuck FL pulls, 4 pallet band assist

7 jumping pull ups(might need a chair/bands next time)

9 XR rows(body at about 145 degrees to ground...i.e. almost standing up)

-This seems to go a little against Coach's programming as his progressions get not only harder, but higher in reps as it goes...whereas mine go easier as the reps get higher...

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6664

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup

Lower Leg Prehab

WOD: 4 rounds/rest as Rx'd

Subs:

-2 Front Pull tuck negatives

-10 Towel pull-ups feet assist

-7 Rows foot support(145 deg. to ground)

-5 Pull ups, 4 pallet band assist

This was tough...I am going a little backward in progress here as I was able to do 5 FL pulls with the pallet bands last time, this time tried on the 1st 2 rounds and only could get 4 and 3 respectively. Perhaps next time I'll just do them slightly broken sets...

-Edit: Upon review, The FL pulls-band assist I moved to the beginning of the list, which I most likely why I could finish them on previous occasions.

Also did the usual freestanding HS kick ups I do most workout days. Around 3-5 sets of 4, alternating legs and only counting controlled holds. Today was a mess :).

Josh Schmitter

WOD110719(Rings): viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6678

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD: Skipped rings again as the Dy Pull yesterday killed my grip.

-5 sets 3 chair dips/4 pull ups-1:40 rest between each

-Lower Leg Prehab

5x15

-Tuck L-sit hang

-XR support hold

-German(10s full, 5s foot assist)

2x10 Wall Ext. (303 tempo)

end.

Feeling a little sore after all those Front Pull negatives yesterday and laser tag last night. As far as the warmup goes, I've added the time to my first sets, but ironically, I feel if I add them to my 2nd set it would be easier. Perhaps I need to warmup more for my warmup :).

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6697

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD:

-Rests as Rx'd

Subs:

3 sets each:

15s Lsit PB Low/5 tempo Floor Push ups

15s German Hang(10s full, 5s foot assist)/6 Tempo Side to Side Archups/5 tempo Chins(4 pallet band assist)

15s Lsit Tuck Hang/6 Tempo Supine Wipers

10 BWW about 4 steps down, really focusing on using back instead of arms

-This felt really good today. Just right...next step: getting my Pull days to feel this good.

-Tried HLL Wipers at first...HA!...even in a tuck...lowercase ha! Are you legs supposed to get parallel to the wall with these at the end ROM?

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6702

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD:Rests as Rx'd

Subs:

-Regular Jumping Deck Squats

-Box Jumps a little over waist height

-Depth Jumps off car

-Jump Rope-Avg. 145 skips per 60s...more than last time, but I was barefoot today.

2x30 Seated Toe Point

2x30 1 Leg Good Morning/Pavel Stretch

2x30 Standing Pike

-I'm dripping all over the floor here so I'm going to go shower off then do some more stretching :) Felt really good today.

Later in day:

-More stretching

-HS kick ups 5x4 short rests in between

-Lacrosse ball/PVC pipe massage

Josh Schmitter

WOD - 110725 viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6728#p59857

Wrist Routine

Ido Shoulder/Scap routine

FSP Pre-req warmup

WOD:rests 60s/5min

Subs

-4kg weight for archups

-I really need to get an accurate weight of my tire sled filled w/ rocks :)

-unweighted RLL/SLS

4x15s Straddle L bent/low

-Lower Leg Prehab in between sets

-Some nice hip flexor cramping

Stretching

-Hip flexors, 1 Leg Good Mornings, Standing Pike, Calf stretch...more to come later

Later in day

-6x4 HS kick ups throughout evening

-cat/camel curls x15

-some trigger point before bed

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6738

Wrist Routine(minus wrist pushups)

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD:

5x2 CWW(starting from bottom)/2min rest between sets

1x5 Pike HeS Press/2min rest

1x10 Straddle HeS Press

5min rest(Lower Leg/Ankle Prehab)

10 min HS wall runs:

-2 x [30s on/60s off x10 + 1x10 Wrist Pushups on knees]/5min between sets

-First 3 times Regular Wall Runs, All subsequent Box HeSPU runs

-My goal is to up my Regular wall run x1(minimum) each time this WOD comes up so eventually I'll get to my first whole set being full Wall Runs, then adding onto the second set in same fashion.

-So glad these days come before rest days :)

Later in day

-Lacrosse ball work

-cat/camels x15

-Some light soccer with 12yr old...realizing too late to rock my KSOs, I feel the blisters already...hot driveway indeed :).

Josh Schmitter

http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6756&p=60180#p60180

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD: 30s between FBE/3min between rounds

Subs

-5 Pike Push ups

-10 Clapping push ups, 4th step

-20s Just Swinging

2x10 Wrist Push ups

-The CWW killed today. Was getting a little quick sliding down the wall for the last set of the last 2 rounds, other than that, felt pretty good.

Later in day

-6x4 HS kick ups spread out

-PCV roller upper back/ribcage area

-Lower Leg/Ankle Prehab (seated toe point, sitting on heels, etc.)

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6764&p=60265#p60265

Wrist Routine

Ido Scap/Shoulder Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD:Rests-5min for Rings, 1min for statics

3x - 3 Dips, 4 Pulls, Ring Series 1(-muscle up, 3s holds) / 5min rest between sets(Lower Leg/Ankle Prehab)

2x - 3 Dips, 4 Pulls 1:40 rest between each FBE

5x15

-Tuck L sit Hang

-PL Lean on Floor(Fingers forward/Heels on wall-53in to fingertips)

-German(12s free, 3 foot assist)

2x10 Wall Ext. (303 tempo)

end.

-Felt pretty good, although the dips/pulls sets felt about the same as last time, no easier.

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6781

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD:Rest as Rx'd

Subs

-15s German Hang(12s Full, 3 foot assist)/5 Tempo Chins(4 pallet band assist)

-15s Lsit PB Low/5 Tempo Floor Push ups

-15s Lsit Hang Tuck/5 Tempo HLL half-tuck

10 Bridge wall walks

end.

* I am still working on the best way to incorporate both planes of motion when scaling down from MPP. I have several ideas, but not sure which, if any, are the way to go.

1)For example with the yewkis/PL dips: Switching exercises(i.e. pulls/rows, push ups/dips respectively) each time these MPP came up in WOD's be worthwhile(i.e. would it be enough frequency per plane)...

2)Adding to each WOD whenever MPP arise(i.e. adding 2 more giant sets so all planes are represented). This seems like the better option to me, but I am still unsure how to add them.

-Adding them into the warmup sets...

-Adding more giant giant sets per plane(Though I feel this might be too much extra).

-Adding intra giant sets already posted, As doing 1 of each plane back to back: PL Dips=1 tempo Push up, 1 Tempo Dip, x Rx'd reps. Yewkis=1 Pull up, 1 Row, x Rx'd Reps(Have tried this a few times and I burn out quite fast, so would need to scale back even more than usual).

Thanks for any help...I am working on getting to a seminar hopefully next year where I know all this could be answered and more, but alas, until then...

Later in day:

Lower leg/ankle prehab

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6791

Wrist Routine

Ido Shoulder/Scap Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD: Rests as Rx'd

SUBS

-German Hang Pulls

-10 Towel Pull ups, Foot assist

-3 Body Rows,160ish degrees from floor

-5 Pull ups, 4 pallet band assist

-whew. Tough, but good. I had no idea how weak my german hang pulls were. They were really getting hard toward the end. I feel like this would have felt perfect scaling wise if I hadn't played 2+ hours of laser tag/had about 20 large homemade cookies last night :).

end.

Later in day:

Lower leg prehab

5x4 HS kick ups

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6803

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD:Rests as Rx'd

SUBS:

-SLS unweighted

-40' Squat Jumps -5.5-6jumps

-5 Half GHR

3x10 Hip Ext

-Front and Side at about 2121 tempo(about waist height)

-Circle:8-10s(closer to 10s) over table around knee height. Usually much higher, this is mainly to make sure I don't slack towards the end of sets. First time I did Circulars 1x10 each leg with no breaks. Didn't feel too hard either. Good stuff.

Stretching cool down

-2x30-1 leg good morings, 2x30-weighted pike, some glute/hip flexor stuff...

end.

Later in day

5x4 HS kick up

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6808&p=60779#p60779

Wrist Routine

Ido Shoulder/Scap Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD:

5x2 CWW:2min rest for sets(Note:decrease rest time ala Slizz next time)

1x5 Pike Press HeS:2min rest

1x10 Straddle Press HeS:5min rest

HSPU Ladders:3 Rounds

-6 wall runs between each, 5min rest between 1/2 rounds

-3 Pike Pushups(50in from wall)

-2 Full ROM dips

-1 Box HeSPu

2x10 Wrist Pushups on knees

end.

-Lower Leg Prehab in rest between rounds

-Last round, 1st half couldn't push back out of Box HeSPu, but I think my hands were too far in.

Later in day

-PVC Roller/Lacrosse ball,Cat/camels, Lots of Squat sitting, 5x4 HS kick ups, Some lower body stretching, ankle prehab

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6831

Wrist Routine

Ido Scap/Shoulder

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD

Rests:3 min between rounds/30s or less between FBE

-15' Senders

-12 Jumping Deck Squats

-8 Half GHR(pretty much 90 deg angle at knees to keep up with reps)

-4 Depth jumps from top of car

2x30 weighted Pike

Another one bites the dust.

-Going to move the depth jumps a little higher to back porch soon. Have to see if it's too big of an increase.

-Jumping deck squats felt good in the beginning, as when they are at the end of rounds I start to get some ugly form.

Later in day

-laser tag...beat.

Josh Schmitter

posting.php?mode=reply&f=12&t=6845

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup(Only did 1 set. Plk, D. Hang, Support=60s. 40s for other 3)

WOD:

4 PB dips, 4 Pull ups, Ring Series 1(minus muscle up) x3 -5min rest for sets

15s

-Tuck L sit hang

-XR Plank hold

-German(3 full, 2 w/3 second foot assist)

2x10 wall ext.

out.

-Laser tag last night/didn't sleep very well so needless to say this was a little rough. I did move up to 4 on my dips, but could not move to 3x5 of pulls. Hopefully next time I'll be doing 4x4 of dips and 3x5 of pulls...

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6873

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD:

Rests :2min between sets

Subs:

-15s Lsit PB low/5 XR Tempo Pushups

-15s German Hang(12s full, 3s foot assist)/5 Tempo Chins(2 Pallet band assist)

-15s Tuck Lsit Hang/5 Tempo V-ups

10 Bridge Wall Walks (8,2)

-Chins really toasted forearms

-German hangs also feeling a little funky today, have to either warm up a little more for them, or scale back a little.

end.

Later in day

5x4 HS kick ups

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6881

WOD - 110812

Rests-3min rounds/30s FBE

-3s L-sit PB/3s far into Tuck PL as possible

-7 FX Push ups

-5 Negative Dips(5s)

-3 Pike Pushups(50in from wall)

2x10 Wrist Pushups, knees

Felt good.

end.

Josh Schmitter

posting.php?mode=reply&f=12&t=6889

Wrist Routine

Ido Scap/Shoulder Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD:Rests as Rx'd

5 Half GHR

10 OH Lunges w/ 23kg plate

60m Backward Tire Sprint

5 HLL half

4x15s Straddle Bent/Low(always try to go just far enough where the hip flexor cramping begins)

-OH Lunges were fun. Did them inside, alt. stepping forward and backward...with a sleeping baby this necessitated perfect form...i.e. no stomping, noise...just slick and smooth as a buttered fox.

-Tire Sprints too easy at first as I did them in the rain on the sidewalk, added some rocks. I'm used to grass where there is a lot more friction. Doing these barefoot also did wonders for the blisters that were already on the balls of my feet :)

Stretching-

Loads of hamstring,quad, hip flexor, front split...etc.

Later in day-

-some HS kick ups...wasn't feeling it/unfocused

-2x50 unweighted bicep curls

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6907

Wrist Routine(minus wrist pushups)

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD:

5x2 CWW(1:45 rest for sets)

1x5 HeS Pike Press/2min rest

1x10 HeS Straddle Press/5 min rest

Stomach to Wall HS: Wrist about 5" away from wall

1x7 cycles 30s on/1min rest

1x10 wrist push on knees

Rest 5 min

1x5 cycles 30s on/1min rest

1x10 wrist push on knees

-I must have mis-measured my wrist distance last time. I tried 4.5" and I was struggling by set 3. 5" felt just about normal so I'll have to go from there.

-Lowered CWW rest times, felt really good. Also added 1 cycle to first set of HS.

Josh Schmitter

Just for reference...today did:

Ido Squat routine

Some calf stretching

Few HS kick ups(HS day yesterday so wasn't feeling too strong)

Cat/Camel curls

Pain Free Back Stretch

Slizzardman's Shoulder Stretch(still feel like I'm doing this a little wrong...feel it more in my upper arm than shoulder. Also get a little sore neck. Maybe I'm retracting my shoulder too much, I don't know).

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6927

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD:

-Rests as Rx'd

SUBS:

-Tuck FL pull negatives/5s

-5 Pull ups/4 pallet band assist

-10 Body Rows/about 130 degree body angle to floor)

-10 Towel Pull ups/foot assist

Finally feel like this is about scaled for me.

end.

Later in the day

Lower leg prehab

Pain Free lower back stretch

Josh Schmitter

posting.php?mode=reply&f=12&t=6938

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD:

-4 PB Dips

-1:40 rest

-5 Pull ups

-1:40 rest

-Ring Strength 1 minus MU

-4min Rest

Repeat x3

5x15s

-Tuck L-sit Hang

-XR Plank Support

-German Hang(10s full, 5s foot assist x2/last 3 full foot assist)

-1min rests

2x10 Wall Ext(303 tempo)

-Dips felt really good, wanted to make sure 3x4 was solid before moving to 4x4 next time. Pulls on the other hand, very tough. This could be the Dy Pull yesterday coming back around. I will probably go to 4-5x4 with pulls next time.

-German Hangs felt funky. Felt much tighter in the shoulder/chest than usual, also left elbow, but even more so, left forearm feeling a little tweaky. Backed off the last 3 sets, we'll see how it feels next time around.

end.

Later in day

5x4 HS Kick ups

Ankle prehab