This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110804

Started by Coach Sommer, August 4, 2011 · 12 Replies · 2,379 Views

Coach Sommer

trvd6vsIE2o

Perform three rounds:

10 Weighted SLS

40’ Squat Jumps

5 GHR

Finish the workout with 3x10 Hip Extensions.

notes:

1) This workout should be performed as a modified giant set. To this end perform the Weighted SLS (alternate legs on each rep for a total of 5 reps on each leg) then rest 60 sec, perform the Squat Jumps then rest 60 sec, finally perform the GHR and then rest 5 minutes before beginning the next modified giant set.

2) Add as much weight as possible to all of today’s exercises. Be meticulous in using a full ROM with a moderate tempo for the SLS & GHR. Add a weight vest to the Squat Jumps if you are strong enough.

3) Squat jumps should be done down a vault runway or extended grassy area. To perform the squats jumps, squat partially down and then jump as far as possible. This constitutes one repetition. Pause in between the repetitions.

4) Keep track of the number of repetitions that are required to cover the 40’. A reasonable number of repetitions to shoot for is FIVE. Shuffling the feet when landing, touching a hand to the ground or falling over adds an additional rep each time it occurs to your total rep count.

5) As noted in the essay referenced above, the first set of hip extensions is forward, the second is sideward and the third is circular. If you are able, add ankle weights to today’s Hip Extensions.

Josh Schmitter

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD:Rests as Rx'd

SUBS:

-SLS unweighted

-40' Squat Jumps -5.5-6jumps

-5 Half GHR

3x10 Hip Ext

-Front and Side at about 2121 tempo

-Circle:8-10s(closer to 10s) over box around knee height. Usually much higher, this is mainly to make sure I don't slack towards the end of sets. First time I did Circulars 1x10 each leg with no breaks. Didn't feel too hard either. Good stuff.

Stretching cool down

end.

Philip Chubb

I hurt my hip on a bad landing during practice today so I couldn't do any squats or hip extensions. Which sucks because I love active flexibility work.

Instead:

5 Rounds

One leg GHR

Side Lever Pull (Adv Tuck)

One Arm HLL

Foot/Knee Prehab

Wheelson

done as rx'd

20 lb weight on the sls

5 jumps on the 40' squat jumps (rounds one and three were 6 based on the add one for feet shuffling rule)

5 ghr half

3x10 hip ext

blackmonster

Been working on jumps lately, so this was much needed!

Did 3 supersets of:

10x SLS unweighted

10x 40' jumps. Had to redo a few because I landed funny or skipped on the landings.

5x Assisted GHR halfs. By assisted I mean I had to help myself up on the first 1/4 range of the motion. Ended up having to wrap my ankles around my trucks wheel since I didnt have a workout partner to anchor me tonight. I love improvising!

Finished the workout with the recommended 3x 10 hip extensions and rest periods.

Thanks Coach!

-David

Rafael David

Three rounds:

10 Weighted SLS (10kg)

40’ Squat Jumps

5 GHR

Finish with 3x10 Hip Extensions

Thanks Coach! :)

Tyler Schmitz

First day back doing the wod. Had to stop months ago bc thought I was overtraining due to constant fatigue. Turned out to be just too low body fat, so I put some on around my stomach region and now I feel great! Hope my strength progression will come faster now. Also needed to take off to study for the MCAT and apply for Med school. Anyways,

3 rds:

7 SLS

40' Squat Jumps

5 NLC

rested 60 sec bet. each exercise and 5 min bet. each rd

3 x10 Hip Ext.

Josh Schmitter

Welcome back.

Reece Nugent

I should know this, but for the hip extensions is it 1x10 forward, 1x10 side, 1x10 around or is it 3x10 forward, 3x10 side, 3x10 around?

Tarun Suri

1 of each.

Adriano Katkic
40’ Squat Jumps

Um, is this 40 feet or seconds or what? :oops:

Tarun Suri
Adriano said:
40’ Squat Jumps

Um, is this 40 feet or seconds or what? :oops:

Feet

LIE

Wu

Active dynamic hip stretching

Perform three rounds:

10 Weighted SLS 10kg

5 jump squat holding 5kg plate

5Half GHR weighted 10kg

3x10 hip extention

Forward,side, and circular