This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110802

Started by Coach Sommer, August 2, 2011 · 7 Replies · 2,028 Views

Coach Sommer

vTIfss5oF8w

Complete four rounds:

2 – Back Pulls

1 – 15’ Cirque

2 – Back Pulls

3 – FL Rows

2 – Back Pulls

5 – Half FL Pulls

notes:

1) Note that for today’s GB WOD, you will be performing 2 Back Pulls in between each of the assigned FBEs.

2) Adjust the body position as necessary during the Back Pulls. It is not necessary to use the same body position for both the ascent and descent.

3) If you do not have a rope, substitute 10-15 Towel Pull-ups for the Cirque.

4) It is normal for the elbows to not close further than 90 degrees at the top of the FL Row. Be conscientious however in maintaining a flat back if at all possible; regardless of the body position employed.

5) Note that Half FL Pulls are NOT regular FL Pulls. Please see BtGB pg. 108 for additional performance details.

6) Do not rest more than 30 seconds in between exercises. If you are resting more than this or are unable to achieve the RX'd repetitions, you need to scale down the workout to accomodate your current strength levels.

7) Rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

Josh Schmitter

Wrist Routine

Ido Shoulder/Scap Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD: Rests as Rx'd

SUBS

-German Hang Pulls

-10 Towel Pull ups, Foot assist

-3 Body Rows, foot assist, 160ish degrees from floor

-5 Pull ups, 4 pallet band assist

-whew. Tough, but good. I had no idea how weak my german hang pulls were. They were really getting hard toward the end. I feel like this would have felt perfect scaling wise if I hadn't played 2+ hours of laser tag/had about 20 large homemade cookies last night :).

end.

Rafael David

Four rounds:

2 – Back Pulls (half lay BL)

1 – 15 Towel Pull-ups

2 – Back Pulls (half lay BL)

3 – FL Rows (full FL)

2 – Back Pulls (half lay BL)

5 – Half FL Pulls (full FL)

Thanks Coach! 8)

Mark Wyly

My arms feel pretty useless after that :). Hope they recover! Nice wod

Reece Nugent

Holy Hell! This destoryed my arms. I had alot of trouble completing the last rope climb and the last half fl pull set. My last rope climbing wasnt a climb at all, got about 2ms up then had to come down. Was aright for the other 3 rds, climbing with hands only. What should i do next time? what do you do when you fail the reps/sets in the last round?

Complete four rounds:

2 – Back Pulls(straddle down, adv tuck up)

1 – 15’ Cirque (hands only, Bloody hard!)

2 – Back Pulls straddle down, adv tuck up)

3 – FL Rows in (adv tuck)

2 – Back Pulls straddle down, adv tuck up)

5 – Half FL Pulls (adv tuck)

Falcon

2 – Back Pulls Half Lay down, Adv. tuck up

10 Towel Pullups

2 – Back Pulls Half Lay down, Adv. tuck up

3 – FL Rows Adv. Tuck

2 – Back Pulls Half Lay down, Adv. tuck up

5 – Half FL Pulls adv tuck

Doing it right now

Designed to kill, huh?

Done, looks like I'm either weak or... weak... I'll do some of the wods now :D

Matthew Mossop

For all the pulls should I complete one variation until I can do it with a straight body, or is it ok to move to a more difficult variation first?

For example I can't do a negative back pull with a straight body, but could do it in a tuck. However I could also do an actual back pull in a tuck. So should I work on negative back pulls until I can do them with a straight body, or just go straight to tucked back pulls? Same thing for the front pulls.

LIE

Wu

Complete four rounds:

2 – Back Pulls

1 – 15’ Cirque

2 – Back Pulls

3 – FL Rows

2 – Back Pulls

5 – Half FL Pulls

2rounds of all lever with straddle, the last 2 rounds with adv tuck.

Static stretching