This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

TANSTAAFL-The Epoch of Man...umm, I mean, WO Log

Started by Josh Schmitter, July 14, 2011 · 224 Replies · 10,542 Views

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7165

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD:

5x2 CWW(1:15 rest for sets)

1x5 HeS Pike Press/2min rest

1x10 HeS Straddle Press/5 min rest(Lower Leg Prehab A)

Stomach to Wall HS: Wrist about 5" away from wall

1x8 cycles 30s on/1min rest

1x10 wrist pushups

5min Rest(Lower Leg Prehab B)

1x4 cycles 30s on/1min rest

1x10 wrist pushups

NOTES:

-Cut CWW rests 15s again. Again felt good.

-Added another HS cycle to 1st set. Was very trying last 2-3 rounds, but made it. Might have to keep this template for next time. Don't know if I'll be able to up it quite yet.

Josh Schmitter

Some light lacrosse ball work on shoulders

Pain Free back stretch

2x30 unweighted bicep curls

2x30s German hang floor stretch

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7177

Ido Scap/Shoulder Routine

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD: Rests as rx'd

2 Tuck Front Pull Negatives(5s)

10 Body Rows(145 degrees to floor)

2 Tuck Front Pull Negatives(5s)

5 Pull ups (4 Pallet band)

2 Tuck Front Pull Negatives(5s)

10 Towel Pull ups (foot assist)

end.

NOTES:

-This felt harder than last time, not sure why. My forearms/grip were just on fire by the 2nd round. Made it through, but harder than last time is all.

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7182

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD:

-5 Chair Dips/1:40 rest

-5 Pull ups/1:40 rest

-Ring Strength 1 minus MU/4min Rest(Lower leg prehab A/B)

Repeat x3

5x15s/60s rests

-Tuck L-sit Hang

-XR Plank Support

-German Hang

2x10 Wall Ext(303 tempo)...for some reason these were much harder than normal today.

NOTES:

-Moved up with Dips/Pulls again. 3x5's now. Last few reps of last set very hard.

-Full GH's still very uncomfortable...can still get through 5x15 w/out pain.

Later in Day

-5x4 HS kick ups(hit almost every one)

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7194

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD: Rests as rx'd

15s German Hang/5 Tempo Pull ups(4 pallet band)*

15s L-sit low/5 Tempo Dips(2 full, 3 foot assist on ascent only)

15s L-sit Hang tuck/5 Tempo tuck V-ups

10 BWW(5 to floor, 5 about halfway)

NOTES:

-Warm up sets=2x5-pushups/body rows(145 degrees) then Dip Negatives/Body rows full*

-Pulls very hard(tried 3 bands 2nd round, but there was no way I would keep it up)

-Dips even harder...

-Tuck V-ups even even harder, but everything felt good.

*I still feel like I'm not getting enough pure strength work in the rowing/horizontal pulling. Sometimes I feel I should alternate between rowing and pull ups each time a FL type pull comes around in a strength workout, but I feel like I'm making progress in the pull-ups and don't want to loose it. Maybe just a few sets of rows in my warmups everyday? Any suggestions welcome.

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7204

Ido Shoulder/Scap Routine

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup(only 1 set)*

WOD:4 rounds/Rests as rx'd

-60s Jump Rope (Avg. 160 skips round)

-12 Squat Jumps

-8 Box Jumps(really need to measure the height)

-4 Depth Jumps off car roof

2x30s seated toe point stretch

Notes:

-Was thinking about going 2 rounds or just taking an extra rest day and doing it tomorrow as I slept like crap. Glad I didn't though as it felt really good. I did only do one round of my warmup as it was just feeling really hard/blah this week...along with not sleeping well last night.

-Upped jump rope about 10 skips

-Depth Jumps off the car in the rain, barefoot = incredibly sketchy climbing up. Not recommended.

Stretching

-2x30s Seated Toe Point alt. with 2x30s Ido Heel Sit, Runners calf stretch, quad stretch, seated straddle x 60, 1 Leg Pavel good mornings, Kneeling Hip flexor stretch, Front Split work, Standing pike 2x30s.

-all around 30s holds unless noted, not necessarily in order.

Josh Schmitter

Still been sleeping a little crap. Up at around 3ish it seems...we'll see how it progresses.

-Pain Free back stretch

-Slizzard Shoulder Stretch

-3x30 Unweighted Bicep curls

-2x30s German hand floor stretch

-Runners/calf stretch

-Some lacrosse ball work on back/shoulder

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7216

Wrist Routine*

Ido's Shoulder/Scap Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup*

WOD:Rests as Rx'd

3x5 Half GHR

3x10 SLS unweighted

3x5 Archups(4kg)

4x15s Straddle-L Bent/Low (60s between sets)

Notes:

-SLS still tough by set 2/rep 4. Archups, nice pause at the top now, and half GHR feeling better.

-*Wrist pushups on table felt a little bit too much today. Might go back to knees or alternate...we'll see how the rest of the week goes

-*Added 2x5 Body rows to warmup. This might be a little too maximal, might have to elevate upper body a little, we'll see.

Stretching Later in day:

1 Leg good mornings, Calf/runners stretch, 1x60 standing pike, quads, glutes, front split, hip flexors, straddle, cat/camels

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7218&p=64284#p64284

Wrist Routine(minus wrist push-ups)

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD:

-5x2 CWW(1:00 rests)

-1x5 Pike Press HeS/2min

-1x10 Straddle Press HeS/5min

10 min HS wall runs:

-2 x [30s on/60s off x 10, 1x10 Wrist Pushups on knees]/5min between sets

-First 4 Regular Wall Runs, All subsequent Box HeSPU runs

NOTES

-rest time down 15s again for CWW, very tough today...but this could also be due to sleep issues as well.

-Held off adding another full Wall Run rep to first set...again, could be do to CWW rest times or just overall sleep/recovery. This was very tough, so again, might keep EVERYTHING the same next time around. I have been taking down the CWW times every HS WOD so, I might want try to keep it constant over the 3 different HS WOD's before lowering it again.

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7219

Wrist Routine-skipped*

FSP Pre-req Warmup(only 1 round)*

WOD: 4 Rounds/Rests as rx'd

-1 CWW/3 Pike Push ups(54in from wall)

-1 CWW/5 Negative L-sit Dips(5s, l-sit at top)

-1 CWW/7 Floor Push ups on knees

2x10 Wrist Pushups on knees

Notes:

-Still sleeping crappy...extra crappy last night. Very frustrating considering diet(almost exclusive whole foods/paleo), almost exclusive candle light at night, etc. Just wish I knew what the problem was...without going in for a sleep study that might or might not tell me anything if I decide to sleep well that night.

-*Due to above note, why I skipped wrist routin/most of warmup. On the plus side the WOD felt pretty good. I feel like my warmup might be too much as it has been stalling out/getting harder the past couple weeks. It's hard to say if it's the sleep issue hampering recovery, or too much work, or both.

Later in day

5x4 HS kick ups(felt really good again)

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7220

Ido's Scap/Shoulder Routine

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup(2 rounds only)

WOD:

-5 Chair Dips/1:40 rest

-5 Pull ups/1:40 rest

-Ring Strength 1 minus MU/4min Rest(Lower leg prehab A)

Repeat x3

5x15s/60s rests

-Tuck L-sit Hang

-XR Plank Support

-German Hang

2x10 Wall Ext(303 tempo)

NOTES:

-Stayed with 3x5 of dips/pulls. Much harder than last time, but I have been under par lately(sleep mostly) so it's to be expected.

-Added another set back to warmup, felt ok. Doing 1st set as short set now.

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7221

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD:Rests as rx'd unless noted/3 sets each

-15s L-sit PB Low/5 Tempo Chair Dips(3 full, 2 foot assist)

-15s Tuck L-sit Hang/5 Tempo Pull ups(4 pallet band) *

-15s German Hang/6 Tempo HLL(3+3, legs about 145 degrees)

10 BWW(5 Ground/5 halfway)

Notes:

-Warmup sets pushups/3s neg dips, Body Rows

-Mixed up German Hang and L-sit hang placement.

-Last set of Dips, almost didn't push out of 3rd rep.

-Should have done chins instead of pulls for reverse MU sub.

-Forearms burning white hot fire reps 4-5 of sets 2-3 of Pulls, also reason had to break up HLL sets. Not really sure if that's the best method. Was bad enough where I had to rest about 30s between each set of 3 from the 1st set, and even then I was almost slipping off by the last rep. Any feedback much appreciated.

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7222

Considering I had severe trouble(pushed very hard) with forearm burn/grip yesterday, as well as having a mild cold, I'm going to opt for a short nap today and hopefully be back on the train Thursday. Also, another idea, perhaps add another pallet band or 2 on days when the tempo is on the longer side.

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7268

Wrist Routine

Ido Shoulder/Scap Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD:Rests as Rx'd/3 Giant sets

10 SLS unweighted

5 Half GHR

60m Tire Sprint(30m slight decline/30m slight incline, both on grass)

3x10 Hip Ext./60s set rests

-2x10 front/side(2120 Tempo)

-1x10 Circle(10s Tempo)

Notes:

-Still have mild head cold, but this workout felt really good. Did a slightly lighter FSP Warmup, going back to 3x20s for R.Plnk, Hollow, and Arch. I might go back to that for a while, or try doing 1-2 days a week with the 2x30s sets. I still feel like those are too much for hollow and arch. Not getting any easier, and while it might be due to some sleep issues, I added that extra time a while back so it might be time to re-asses.

-SLS little easier than last time.

-Just for reference my Tire Sled "empty"(few rocks around the rim + wooden tray) is 61.2lbs, flat rock=28.6lbs

-Lowered leg well below horizontal for side/circle leg ext.

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7273&p=64882#p64882

Wrist Routine(minus wrist pushups)

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD:Still slight head cold

5x2 CWW:(1:00s set rest)

1x5 HLL half(212)

1x5 Pike Press HeS

1x5 HLL half/2min rest

1x10 Straddle Press HeS

1x5 HLL half/5min rest

HSPU Ladders:3 Rounds, 6 wall runs between each, 5min rest between 1/2 rounds(Lower Leg Prehab A/B)

-3 Pike Pushups(49in from wall)

-2 Full ROM dips

-3 Box HeSPu Neg(3s)

2x10 Wrist Pushups(on knees with pike)

NOTES:

-Keeping CWW rest times same for 3 HS WODs

-Wrist Push ups felt really off today. Had to pike on knees, let alone trying them on the coffee table.

- I still feel like I'm not making progress w/ these, so after the 1st round I subbed my 1 Box HeS for 3 Box HeSPu Neg. The first round felt way to hard, and it has felt either the same or harder every time this one rolls around. The dips were also giving me trouble today. I'm just a little lost on what exactly to scale/how to measure progress as there are so many options. I.e. keeping exercises/rounds static and upping reps, keeping exercies/reps static and upping rounds...and when to move on to another variation.

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7300

ts00nami said:
12 pistols (rolling on the pavillion floor was of questionable health so I stayed on my feet. barefooting wasnt a problem though)

Ha, questionable indeed. ts00nami injury-->no ts00nami videos-->angry forum members-->lack of inspiration-->eventual depression-->all meaning of life lost...I mean, I guess there are other outcomes, but this one seems most probable :).

Wrist Routine

Ido Shoulder/Scap Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup*

WOD:4 rounds, Rests as rx'd

5m Senders(alt. slight decline/incline)

12 Jumping Deck Squats

5m Senders

8 Box Jumps

5m Senders

4 Depth Jumps

5m Senders

Notes:

-This was very tough. Jumping deck squats feeling extremely hard today.

-I thought I forgot to do the last Senders at the end of the 3rd round, but looking back, I wasn't even supposed to do another senders after the depth jumps, so I did 3 extra.

-* Changed FSP warmup slightly, see first post.

-Going to put up a video for my pike stretching soon for some feedback.

Stretching

-2x30s Seated Toe Point alt. with 2x30s Ido Heel Sit, Runners calf stretch, 1 Leg Pavel good mornings, 2x30 Weighted Pike, quad stretch, seated straddle x 60, Kneeling Hip flexor stretch, Front Split work, Standing pike 2x45s.

-all around 30s holds unless noted.

Later in day:

-5x4 HS kick ups

-Cats/Camels x20

-Lacrosse ball work(glutes/back, some legs)

-Pain Free Back stretch.

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7308

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD:

-5 Chair Dips/1:40 rest

-5 Pull ups/1:40 rest

-Ring Strength 1(minus MU)/5min Rest(Lower leg prehab A/B)

Repeat x3

5x15s/60s rests

-Tuck L-sit Hang

-XR Plank Support

-German Hang

2x10 Wall Ext(303 tempo)

NOTES:

-Even with 5min rest(upped from 4) the 3x5 of dips/pulls is still very difficult; so much so that the last reps are starting to get less than perfect in form(esp. on pulls). Going to move back to 5x4(at least tempo 212) until that's easily comfortable.

Josh Schmitter

-2x30 unweighted bicep curls

-2x30s german hang floor stretch

-Shoulder work w/ lacrosse ball

Josh Schmitter

Taking an extra rest day as I was out late at a show last night. Definitely worth it, but recovery a little hampered. Going to do this one tomorrow and Fri's on Sat.

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7330

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD:3 sets each/rests as rx'd

15s German Hang/3 Tempo Chins

15s Lsit PB Low(almost Parallel)/5 Tempo Pike Pushups 2nd stair

15s Tuck L-sit Hang/5 Tempo Flat Tuck Body Levers

10 BWW(5 to floor, 5 about 1/2 way)

Notes:

-Warmup sets: pushups from wrist routine/body rows in regular warmup. Should have done some easier pike pushups.

-Chins felt just right, could do unassisted due to only 3 reps

-Pike Pushups: again just right on 2nd step...fairly easy on first set, but wouldn't have been able to do 1st step on the 3rd set...maybe not even towards the end of the 2nd.

-No hot water for some reason, took a nice cold(not ice, but fairly cold) shower, felt really good.

Later in Day

-Only a few HS kick ups, didn't want to jinx anything as I was feeling so good.

-Light footsol/soccer outside w/ 13yr old. Barefoot on driveway.

-Feeling really good today, best I've felt after a WO in a long time. Slept well last night, and the cold shower perhaps did me well. Being out really late the night before last def. helped me sleep tonight, so I think I'm going to start doing more light exercise/staying up a little later and see if that helps the sleep.

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7337

Wrist Routine

Ido Shoulder/Scap Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD: 4rounds/rests as rx'd

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

7 Pike pushups(2nd stair)

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

20s Just swinging

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

3 Full Dips

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups on knees

Notes:

-Lower leg prehab A/B between rounds.

-Everything felt really good today. Scaled just right it seems.

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7356&p=65666#p65666

Ido's Squat Routine

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD:3 rounds/Rests as rx'd

5 Half GHR

10 OH Lunges(50lb plate/stepping all backwards today)

20m Backward Tire Sprint(Empty Sled=60ish lbs/up slight incline)

4x15s Straddle L Bent-Low(60s between sets)

NOTES:

-Very difficult today. Ironically, been sleeping well past few days, but this WOD felt much harder than it has in a while.

Stretching:

Single leg Standing Hammy, Calf/runners, Standing Pike(1x60s), Hip flexor's, quads,glutes, front split, straddle split(1x60)

-all 1x30s at least

-contrast shower(cold for a few minutes, then alt. heat/cold ending w/ heat)

Later in Day:

-5x4 HS kick ups

-Cat/camels x 20

-Pain Free Back Stretch

-Squat sitting x 10min

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7363

Ido Shoulder/Scap Routine

Wrist Routine(minus wrist push ups)

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD:

5x2 CWW(60s rest for sets)

1x5 HeS Pike Press/2min rest

1x10 HeS Straddle Press/5 min rest(Lower Leg Prehab A)

Stomach to Wall HS: Wrist about 5" away from wall

1x8 cycles 30s on/1min rest

1x10 wrist pushups(knees)

5min Rest

1x4 cycles 30s on/1min rest

1x10 wrist pushups(knees)

-Contrast Shower

NOTES:

-CWW still very hard, but doable at 60s rests.

-HeS Pike Press felt better than usual today

-HS cycles felt REALLY good today. Should up the reps +1 for the first cycle next time round.

Later in Day:

-Lower Leg prehab B

Josh Schmitter

-Woke up around 3:30am with some right shoulder pain. Hard to discern exactly where, but it was coming and going every 10-20s and enough to keep me awake. Tried stretching, lacrosse ball, shoulder circles, but nothing seemed to work. Better after this morning, but still intermittent.

-1x30 Unweighted bicep curls

-1x30s German hang floor stretch

-Lots of Lacrosse ball work on shoulders/some back

-Slizzardman Shoulder stretch(about 20s each position=6 per arm)

-Pain Free back stretch-5min

-Lots of Trigger Point workbook stuff for my shoulder before bed: Scalene, Supra/Infraspinatus, Deltoids. Also did legs/gluets

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7383

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-Req Warmup A

WOD:4 rounds

2 Front Pulls-Tuck Negatives(5s)

9 Body Rows/145 degree body angle

2 Front Pulls-Tuck Negatives(5s)

7 Chin-ups/5 pallet band

2 Front Pulls-Tuck Negatives(5s)

5 Pull ups/5 pallet band

NOTES:

-This was, how shall I put this, a beautiful disaster :). My grip/forearms was/were extra fried today for some reason, so had to add an extra pallet band after foolishly trying 2 rounds w/4 bands for chins and jumping for the pull ups. Adding the band gave me about 4-5min rest between rounds 2-3, still killer.

-Also was just feeling really crappy...slight headache and a little nauseous(ironic since I'm still sleeping well lately), which, let's just say, did not decrease with hanging upside down for the front pulls :). But, nothing hurt so I plowed through. We shall see if that was wise soon enough.

-On the plus side my shoulder is feeling perfect, perhaps I just slept on it weird on top of the HS WOD earlier that day.