This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

TANSTAAFL-The Epoch of Man...umm, I mean, WO Log

Started by Josh Schmitter, July 14, 2011 · 224 Replies · 10,542 Views

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7386&p=65921#p65921

Ido's Shoulder/Scap Routine

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup B

WOD:

-4 Chair Dips(212x)/1:40 rest

-4 Pull ups(2121x)/1:40 rest

-Ring Strength 1(minus MU)/4min Rest(Lower leg prehab A/B)

Repeat x3

-2 more sets of Dips/Pulls

5x15s/60s rests

-Tuck L-sit Hang

-XR Plank Support

-German Hang(last 2 slight foot assist)

2x10 Wall Ext(303 tempo)

NOTES:

-Everything felt great today. Did dips and pulls at 212 tempo pretty solid until the end of last 2 sets where I sped up a little for forms sake, but very happy overall.

-Had to rock a foot assist for the last 2 reps of german hangs. Something was feeling a little off in the right shoulder/chest and left elbow so I played it safe...the only way to play in this game. Ok, that sounded like something from an awesome bad 80's movie like Over the Top. "The world doesn't meet anyone halfway. When you want something, you have to take it."

Josh Schmitter

-Some Lacrosse ball work

-3x30 unweighted bicep curls

-2x30s german hang floor stretch

-1x20 Cat/Camels

-Slizz shoulder routine(20s x 6 positions)...felt a like I pushed it a little too much in my back with the shoulder retraction.

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7405

Ido Scap/Shoulder Routine

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup A

WOD:3 sets each/Rests as rx'd

15s German Hang/5 Tempo Body Rows(about 145 degrees to ground)*

15s L-sit low/5 Tempo XR push ups

15s L-sit Tuck Hang/5 Tempo tuck V-ups

10xBWW(5 to floor/5 half way)

*Still curious if the hands/palms are actually supposed to be touching the chest/pec area at the top position of the row.

Notes:

-German Hangs felt really good, but they usually do when close to the beginning of the WO, Rows hard but doable

-L-sit almost parallel/XR push ups felt really good today

-Tuck v-ups killed lower back with tempo...BWW very rough after this.

-Overall woke up feeling fairly craptastic today. It remained pretty steady throughout the day. Just a lethargic feeling as well as some stomach/muscle discomfort...more like slight cramping/soreness. Not sure why as I slept well(have been for a week now I believe do to blue blocker glasses and going to bed a little later). I will chalk it up to either:1-Lots of chicken skin last night, 2-a lot of coconut balls(more coconut than I've had in one sitting in a good while), 3-Fall allergies hitting hard.

Later in Day

-3x4 HS kick ups

-Pain Free Back Stretch(3x5min:2 legs/1 leg)

-Squat sit for a good 10-15min straight

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7417

Falcon said:
whoa, my heart felt like it was going to explode :D No straight arm work as finisher, too fatiqued, Ill rather do that tomorrow. More time studying periodization today.

+1 on the heart explosion, and nice topic. Eventually I will get more in depth in my training studies...priorities do not coincide at the moment.

Ido Squat Routine

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup B

WOD:4 rounds/Rests as rx'd

-60s Jump Rope (Avg. 150 skips round)

-10 Depth Jumps(off car)

-20m Squat Jumps/slight decline(15 full/7-9 as explosive as possible stationary w/ step afterward)

-30m Tire Sled Sprint(60ish lbs/alt. slight decline/incline)

Notes:

-This was very hard. Dropped off a little on rope skip average, pretty much the same for everything else. Going to stay with this for at least another before changing anything. Squat jumps very rough even down a slight decline.

*Squat jumps are performed continuously on balls of feet correct?

Stretching

-2x60s Seated Toe Point ,Runners calf stretch, quad stretch, glutes, seated straddle x 60, 1 Leg Pavel good mornings, Kneeling Hip flexor stretch, Front Split work, Standing pikex60s.

-all around 30s holds unless noted, not necessarily in order

Later in day:

-Some HS kick ups

-Glute lacrosse ball work in morning(felt really good, might start implementing every morning)

Josh Schmitter

Felt really off today. Still lethargic/almost nauseous at one point.

Josh Schmitter

Still a little under the weather feeling. Taking extra rest day, testing FSP pre-req maxes hopefully on Monday to see if perhaps I'm overworking. Also need to start taking more of my grass fed beef liver as I've stopped my multivitamin intake. I'm going to try about 1/4lb around each WO. Not sure what's really going on though.

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7431

Ido's Squat Routine

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup(scaled down)

WOD: 3 Rounds/Rests as rx'd

10 Killers(30lbs)

5 Arch-ups(unweighted 212)

20m Sled Sprint(60ish lbs/alt. slight decline, incline)

5 HeS RLL

3x10 Hip Ext./60s set rests

-2x10 front/side(2120 Tempo)

-1x10 Circle(10s Tempo)

Notes:

-Went lighter overall today as my body felt it needed some lower intensity.

-Everything felt really good, usually would have weighted the sled some more, and had some weight for arch ups.

-Also did a lighter Pre-req warmup(slightly lower times) which felt really good. Still going to test new maxes Monday barring unforeseen disasters(I prefer hostile dolphin takeover).

Stretching: Standard leg routine minus front split work.

Josh Schmitter

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup(short)

WOD:

-5x2 CWW(1:00 rests)

-1x5 Pike Press HeS/2min

-1x10 Straddle Press HeS/5min(Lower leg prehab A)

5min HS wall runs:

-[30s on/60s off x 10, 1x10 Wrist Pushups on knees]

NOTES:

-Deloading the last half of this week so took off 1/2 of the wall run time/shorted times on some of my Pre-reqs.

-Only first 3 wall runs Full, last 7 Box HeSPu wall runs. Feeling a twinge/pinching type sensation in my right shoulder(mostly in upper delt.) which I usually get a little bit of toward the end of these, but this was right in the beginning so I scaled back quick. Works out w/ it being a deload day as well. Hopefully it will not be the same next time around.

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7458

FSP Pre-req testing

WOD:4 rounds/rests as rx'd

1 CWW

12 Pike Push ups(3rd step)

1 CWW

8 Foot assisted Dips

1 CWW

6 Knee Pushups

2x10 Wrist Pushups on knees

Ido Shoulder/Scap Routine

Notes:

-Hard today. Foot assisted dips were very much legs except for the top hold.

-Pre-test for PB Support, Plank, and Arch hold. Other 3 tomorrow, will post times/adjustments on first page.

Later in day:

-Some HS kick ups

-Pain Free back stretch

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7465

FSP pre-req testing

WOD: 3 rounds

-4 Chair Dips(212x)/1:40 rest

-4 Pull ups(2121x)/1:40 rest

-Ring Strength 1(minus MU)/5min Rest

5x15s/60s rests

-Tuck L-sit Hang

-XR Plank Support

-German Hang

2x10 Wall Ext(303 tempo)

Notes:

-Split this up today. Performed WOD later in the day, FSP testing in early afternoon.

-Kept volume low(3x4) for dips/pulls

-German hangs felt good...other than a 1year old pulling at my shirt and trying to close the door on me while on the doorway pullup bar :).

Josh Schmitter

Tested FSP Pre-reqs yesterday and today. Here are the results:

Plank(feet elevated) - 105s

Arch hold - 43s

PB Support - 80s

Hollow Hold(arms at about 120 degrees) - 45s

Reverse Plank - 45s

Chin up Dead Hang - 80s

This is also the new order I will be supersetting them ala Slizzardman. Since my last SSC of about 3 months seemed very rough, and never really got to a deload phase, I will be halving all of these times and going on a new cycle for FSP pre-reqs. I also believe I pushed too hard in the WOD's, and had some sleep issues on top of/possibly as a result of that. I am also curious about the WOD's and deloading. I'm not sure if I should:

1)go SSC with them, keeping them on the easier side for a cycle

2)Every 3rd-4th week half volume and/or intensity(I know Coach does volume)

3)Ido's 40-60% cut every 2-5 WO's

Any input much appreciated.

Will have video up for my Pre-reqs asap.

Josh Schmitter

-12 min light jog

-Pain Free back stretch

Josh Schmitter

Extra Rest Day

Josh Schmitter

-Also started up new SSC FSP Pre-req today with 1 round. Going to add a round each week until 3 rounds as I want to ease in this time.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7480&p=66944#p66944

Wrist Routine(With all pushups)

FSP Pre-req Warmup(1 set)

Complete 3 sets each: Rests as rx'd

15s L-sit Tuck/5 Tempo false grip standing rows(going into transition)

15s German Hang/6 Tempo Arch-ups

15s L-sit Tuck Hang/5 Tempo Tuck HLL half

10 BWW(5,5/half way down)

Notes:

-Everything tough, but not so that I'm at failure even at the last set. I was always having trouble with forearm burn/grip for the HLL, but I think I was just cheating by pulling instead of using more core...mostly due to the fact that I was trying near straight legs. Still burned, but not to volcanic levels.

-Focused on straight arms for the BWW

Before bed:

-Lots of lacrosse ball work/stretching. Mostly back/shoulders and lower body

-Slizz shoulder stretch(15s x 6 positions)

Colibri
TANSTAAFL said:

15s German Hang/6 Tempo Arch-ups

I couldn't imagine the back workout they'd give. Must add this to my workout sometime!

Good stuff man, I'm liking your log :D

Josh Schmitter
Colibri said:
TANSTAAFL said:
15s German Hang/6 Tempo Arch-ups

I couldn't imagine the back workout they'd give. Must add this to my workout sometime!

Good stuff man, I'm liking your log :D

I would def. recommend checking out the WOD's. Even if you're doing your own template/killroy variation, it is an invaluable resource for everything, especially cycling through all the exercises/tempos.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7490

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req warmup(1 round)

WOD:2 rounds/rests as rx'd

1 GH pull(slight foot push at bottom back to pike)

5 Pull ups(5 Pallet band)

1 GH pull

8 Foot Support Body Rows(145 degrees)

1 GH pull

10 Towel Pulls(foot assist,mostly legs)

Notes:

-Just 2 rounds, was feeling nauseous again from the GH pulls. The slight foot push at the bottom wasn't helping that as I would start rocking upside down :).

I am going to start trying a new format on here as I am going to hopefully be including diet, sleep, etc. on here. Trying different colors for each for now...if that's too annoying, we'll try something else.

Josh Schmitter

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7503

General Warmup

Wrist Routine

Ido's Squat Routine

FSP Pre-req warmup(1 round)

WOD: 3 sets/rest as rx'd

3x10 SLS

3x5 Half GHR

3x6 Supine Windshield Wipers

3x60m Backward Sled Sprint(51ish lbs-30m slight decline/30 slight incline)

4x15s Straddle PB-Bent(60s rests)

Notes:

-SLS very tough. Half GHR felt really good. Supine WW should have weighted; For me there's just such a huge jump in difficulty between these and the twisting arch ups. Sled sprint was too much. By the 3rd round I figured out I probably would have been OK if I started with the incline half 1st.

-Tire Sled now 51ish lbs unweighted.

Stretching:

-Regular post leg day stretching

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6646&start=75#p66255

Later in day:

-2x4 HS kick ups

-Slizz Shoulder Stretch(20s x 12 positions)

-Some lacrosse ball on left shoulder/back

Eats:

9:45am - 4 egg omelet(cooked in skillet w/ bacon grease and butter), little bit of raw, organic grass fed cheese, fried onions and mushrooms in coconut oil. 1 Dark Chocolate square(71%). 6,000IU Vit. D, gulp of Carlson's Fish Oil, 2 cups water

11:30am- 3 spoonfuls peanut butter/raw milk ice cream(not an everyday occurrence :) )

Pre-WO-1.5 cups coffee. Lots of lighted salted water during WO.

2pm/PWO - 2 cups raw organic/grass fed milk + about 1/4lb grass fed beef liver w/ carrots + onions. 400mg Magnesium aspartate, 2g Vit C, 15mg Zinc.

3:30-4ishpm-Big mixed greens salad, about 2 serv. of talapia, good amount of olive oil, some carrots and bout 1/2cup of white rice, 2 cups water.

6:30pm-Some Pork country ribs, Brocolli with pastured butter, 2 cups water, 400mg Mag., 1g Vit C, 15mg Zinc., gulp of Carlson's Fish oil

Colibri

Great stuff man, you keep motivating me to do more :D

Josh Schmitter
Colibri said:
Great stuff man, you keep motivating me to do more :D

Ha, glad I'm doing something :). Seriously though, thanks for taking the time.

Colibri

You're doing brilliantly, keep it up buddy :) How are you feeling after the WODs? Are you noticing strength gains? :)

Josh Schmitter

Well that all depends on the day:). There have definitely been strength gains, but I had some sleeping issues this past cycle, so that limited me a bit. I was also pushing a bit too hard in the WOD's, not really giving myself any deloading so I'm going a little easier now, working back in slow, then making sure I deload as properly as I know how.

Josh Schmitter

Sleep: Felt like a good sleep last night. Went under around 11pm, up around 7:20am. Not too lethargic this morning, but still felt like I was slightly off of waking at the end of my cycle. Laid in bed for around 10min before getting up. Always feel a little sore on my left side, mid and lower back. I think my extreme lethargy a week ago was due to weather/light acclimation and fall allergies, as it seems to have passed.

-----

http://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/vi ... =12&t=7512

General Warmup

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup(x1 round)

WOD:

5x2 CWW:(60s set rest)

1x5 Pike Press HeS(2min)

1x10 Straddle Press HeS(5min)

HSPU Ladders:3 Rounds, 6 wall runs between each, 5min rest between 1/2 rounds(Lower Leg Prehab A/B)

-5 Pike Pushups 2nd step

-3 Pike Pushups(49in from wall)

-2 Full ROM dips

2x10 Wrist Pushups(on knees/60s rest)

Notes:

-HeS presses felt really good today, going more toward center of the head for balance. CWW tough, but good form.

-Changed the ladder; Going to keep working this template until I get to 5 reps on each FBE.

-----

Eats:

7:45am:6000IU VitD, 2 Cups H2O-always lightly salted (about 1/16th teaspoon per cup).

9:30am:Leftover slow cooked chicken chili consisting of about 2.5 drumsticks with skin(eating any bones soft enough), some black beans(pre-soaked...almost never have beans but wife made it and I'm not going to pick them out), tomato, onion, and lots of delicious. Little bit of white sweet potato w/ butter and cinnamon. Gulp of Carlson's Fish Oil.

12:30pm Pre-WO-2 cups black coffee

During WO-1 scoop whey concentrate/small handful of raisins(maybe 1/8 cup)

2pm Post WO- 2 cups raw, grass fed, organic milk. 1/4lb organic, grass fed beef liver with carrots and onions, 2g Vit C, 400mg Magnesium glycinate, 15mg Zinc.

3:45pm -Large mixed greens salad, 1 small can wild salmon, some homemade dressing. 200g Sweet Potato with 1/2 tbs butter and loads of cinnamon. 2 cups water.

6pm: - Serving of salmon w/ some asparagus, broccoli, 1/2 tbsp butter, 2 cups water, 1 spoonful coconut oil, couple handfuls of frozen blueberries. 400mg mag glycinate, 15mg zinc, 1g vit C

-Going to start Vit C 1g PreWO/1g PWO

Josh Schmitter

Sleep: About the same as yesterday. Went to sleep around 10:20...woke a little more blah. Slightly stuffy, sore in my spot. Perhaps lacrosse balled a little too hard yesterday. Laid in bed about 10min before rising. Took a short nap about 12:45, probably about 20-30min, in and out.

Eats:

7:45am - 2 cups salted water, 1 orange

10:05am - 1g Vit C, 6000IU Vit D, 4 Egg omelet cooked in bacon grease/butter, sauteed onions in coconut oil, 2 cups water...still hungry, had some dark chocolate, 3 spoonfuls peanut butter(really need to get these damn omega 6/legumes out of this house :)), a spoonful coconut oil...then slight stomach ache for the obvious reason.

1:30pm: small banana, 260g sweet potato, 1tbsp butter, cinnamon, some cottage cheese. Feeling a little carby :). Water.

3pm: Small grass fed burger.

4pm: Candy binge...fell off the wagon a bit w/ chocolate and ice cream. I have a rough relationship with food sometimes...when I get junk, I just go nuts until it's either gone or I feel sick. I am going to try and go for a good 30 days without this happening, and I thought posting it on here would help me. It's not only I know it's awful healthwise, I don't want to support that shit either, however indirectly(I'm not directly buying it usually)

7pm: Half a burger w/ some cheese, few gulps of fish oil, 2 cups water.

-Novel Movements for Wrist/Elbow/Lower Back

-Lots of lower back mobility

-PVC rolling/some lacrosse ball work

-Half lotus and squat sitting all night before bed

Josh Schmitter

Sleep: Went down 10:30pm...the plus side: awoke with very little to no pain so I think the lower back/SI joint stuff I did last night actually worked :). However, it was at 5:10am. Upon reflection I should have just gotten up, as I wasn't feeling lethargic at all, was just ready to go. So what did I do: stayed in bed, in and out until about 7am.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7529&p=67402#p67402

General Warmup

Ido's Squat Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup(x1 round)

WOD: 2.75 rounds/rx'd rests

15’ Senders

8 Jumping Deck Squats

15’ Senders

10 Box Jumps(34.5")

15’ Senders

5 Depth Jumps(top of car)

Regular Leg Stretching routine

Notes:

-About 7th box jump into 3rd round my left knee felt a little weird. 8th Jump slightly tight/almost twisting sensation...the kind of feeling you get when something isn't where it should be tendon/muscle/ligament/something wise. Did a few senders, still feeling strange = END OF WORKOUT. Other than that, everything felt really good.

Other things during day:

-Novel Movements for Wrist/Lower Back.

-Ido's Shoulder/Scap Routine(3x10 dislocates)

-Intense(well more intense than I planned on) futsol...probably not the best idea for recovery, but on the plus side my knee was feeling fine.

-Lacrosse ball against wall on back and shoulders.

Eats:

7:30am: 2 cups water

10:45am : 4 egg omelet w/some cheese cooked in bacon grease,sauteed onions in coconut oil, 1 square dark chocolate, 2 cups water. 1/2 small banana.

12:30pm : 2 cups coffee. Started Shake(25g Whey Concentrate, salt, 16oz water), 1g Vit C

During WO: Continue Shake, 20 raisins.

PWO: Finish Shake, 400mg Mag glycinate, 15mg Zinc, 1g Vit C

45min later: 2 cups Raw Milk, 1/4lb Beef liver, 6000IU Vit D, some mixed greens, handful frozen blueberries.

3:45pm: Some greens, Salmon w/ skin, Hamburger, broccoli. 2 cups salted water.

4:20pm:" "

5:00pm: Small Apple

6:45pm: Very little chicken w/ skin, handful blueberries, Asparagus and brocolli with 1/2 tbsp of butter. 400mg Mag, 15mg Zinc, 1g Vit C.

9pm:Big arsh sweet potato swimming in butter, coconut oil, and cinnamon.

-Really need to cut my meals a little bit to tighten up my following of Slizz's nutrition program. I am eating too much at each feeding to keep up for more than a few meals.

Josh Schmitter

Sleep:10:30pm-730isham. Same ol', same ol'. Little allergy like, but overall felt pretty good. Again I did a little bit too much yesterday I think so I feel very appropriate that being the case :).

Eats:

7:45am - 2 cups salted water

9:40am - Boatload of pastured chicken with skin, some BetHCL, 2 cups water, 1 small orange.

11:30am - little chicken.

12:30pm-1.5 cups coffee, 1g Vit C, Started Shake(25g Whey Con., salt, 16oz water)

12:45pm-Some mixed greens and blueberries

During WO - Shake, some white potato.

PWO-2pm- 1 cup raw milk, 1/8lb beef liver, mixed greens, blueberries, potato. 400mg mag glycinate, 1g Vit C, 6000IU Vit D.

2:45pm-1 cup raw milk, 1/8lb beef liver, anything left over.

3:45pm-Some greens with half burger, 1/2 serving of salmon with skin.

6pm-sushi-3 rolls(avocado + Alaskan salmon), 2 cups water. 400mg mag glycinate, 1g Vit C, 30g Zinc.

8:05pm-Sweet potato(220g) butter, coc. oil, cinnamon...and yes I do believe a small amount of raisins and honey :).

Other things throughout day:

-Novel Movements for lower back/wrist

http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewto ... =12&t=7544

General Warmup

FSP Pre-req Warmup(x1 round)

WOD: 3 rounds

[-4 Chair Dips(212x)/1:40 rest

-4 Pull ups(212x)/1:40 rest

-Ring Strength 1(minus MU)/5min Rest]

-1 more set of 3 dips/pulls

5x15s/60s rests

-Tuck L-sit Hang(90/90)

-L-Sit PB Bent(90/90)

-German Hang

2x10 Wall Ext(303 tempo)

Notes:

-Dips, and even more so Pull, were very tough today. I am debating on going back to 5x3, then 3x4, 4x4,5x4,3x5, etc. Or going back to 5x3 then each WO subbing a set of 3 reps to a set of 4reps. I.e. 1x4/4x3, next time:2x4/3x3 until 5x4, then repeating until 5x5.

Any feedback would be much welcomed.