This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

TANSTAAFL-The Epoch of Man...umm, I mean, WO Log

Started by Josh Schmitter, July 14, 2011 · 224 Replies · 10,542 Views

Josh Schmitter

Sleep:Slept pretty good. Problems started upon waking as the room was spinning. I've never had vertigo before other than associated with drink many moons ago, so needless to say this was not fun. I get motion sickness from spinning around or reading in the car, but waking up and not being able to get the walls to stop moving is disconcerting to say the least. It's been off and on most of the day, and the worst seems to have passed...but I might just be jinxing myself.

Eats:

8:15am - Pear, water

10am-1 Large full fat FAGE yogurt with cinnamon, blueberries. 2 cups water.

1pm-Some peanut butter, Raw milk pumpkin ice cream, dark chocolate. I must say it helped the vertigo a bit :).

Rest of the day-Leftover chicken, half an avocado, about 1/3lb pastured beef with bacon and mixed greens. Little bigger than fist size sweet potato with butter, coconut oil, and cinnamon.

Some stomach issues after dinner...don't know if I ate too much or some of the spices didn't get along.

No Prehab due to vertigo.

Josh Schmitter

Sleep: No vertigo this morning :). Still some nausea remnants throughout the day, but as I get motion sickness very easily, this was not surprising. 10:15pm-7:30am: felt pretty solid. Laid in bed for 10ish min. before getting up. Reminded me of Fitzgerald quote:

"...and it occurred to me that there was no difference between men, in intelligence or race, so profound as the difference between the sick and the well.

Eats:

8am - 2 cups water, 1 pear...apparently my wife's, whoops.

10:30am - 4 egg omelet, cheese, 1 square dark chocolate, some coconut oil. Little bit of stomach discomfort.

2:45pm-Left over ground beef w/ bacon, 1 large FAGE yogurt w/ organic blueberries, cinnamon, few drips honey. 2 cups water.

Some kale, talapia, White rice, Sweet potato cin/butter/coc oil...forget what else I had.

Prehab:

-Novel movements for wrist/elbow/low back

-Lots of PVC rolling, mostly lower body.

Josh Schmitter

Sleep: Not too great. Little gas/stomach discomfort for a bit upon lying down. Also, the kid is teething a bit, so she was up a lot/in and out which in turn kept me the same. Probably interrupting cycles and whatnot. Felt a little exhausted upon waking.

Eats:

8:15am - water

11:45am(Pre WO)-water, 2oz beef liver, half avocado, sweet potato with a little butter and cinnamon. 1g Vit C, 2000IU Vit D

12-12:20pm -2 cups coffee

12:40pm(Pre WO)-some blueberries and kale

During WO-small handful raisins, 2 cups salted water.

2pm(PWO)-1 cup Raw milk, 1g Vit C, 400mg mag gly.

2:30pm-2oz Beef liver, some kale, 4000IU Vit D.

3pm-1 cup raw milk, little bit of sweet potato, 1 dark chocolate square.

3:50pm-3oz turkey, water

6:30pm-2cups water, 3 chicken drumsticks w/ skin, asparagus w/ 1tbsp butter, spoonful coconut oil, 1 square dark chocolate

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7559

General Warmup

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup(x2 rounds)

WOD:3 sets of each/rx'd rests

15s GH + 3 Tempo Foot Supported Body Rows/3 Tempo Pull ups(4 pallet band)

15s Lsit PB Bent(90/90) + 3 Tempo XR push ups/3 Tempo Pike Push ups(1st step)

15s Lsit Hang(90/90) + 5 Tempo HLL tuck half(knees at 120ish degrees)

10 BWW(5,5 not even halfway down, focusing on strict straight arms)

Notes:

-I am trying something new for multi-plane subs: taking about half total reps and dividing it between the 2 single planes. Added tempo to my subs as well. Everything felt really good, grip still working very hard by the end of HLL sets.

-1st week of 2 rounds FSP pre-req warmup, felt tough, but not draining.

Other:

-Slizz shoulder stretch(20sx12 positions)

-Ido's shoulder/scap routine(3x10 dislocates)

-Lower leg prehab A/B

-Novel movements wrist/elbow/lower back.

Josh Schmitter

Sleep: Not too bad, not great. Woke up sometime in the early morning, then in and out for the rest of it. Didn't feel awful when I woke up though.

Eats:

8:15am-Half very small banana, water

PreWO-11:45am-2oz beef liver, fist sized plain sweet potato, 2 cups water, 1g Vit C, 2000IU Vit D.

12:15pm-2 cups coffee

12:30pm-Mixed greens/blueberries

12:50pm-During WO-2 cups salted water, 1 spoonful Coc oil during warmup, 1 cup raw milk, handful raisins

1:48pm-PWO-Greens/berries

2:20pm-1 cup raw milk

2:50pm-2oz beef liver, 4000IU vit D

3:45pm-1 chicken drumstick w/skin, 1/2 fist sized sweet potato plain.

4:30pm-1/2 4 egg omelet w/ some cheese and onoins

5:00pm-other half

6:30pm-Little bit of lamb, broccoli, cauliflower, 1 cup bone broth(delicious), 400mg mag gly, 15mg Zinc, 1g Vit C

8:20pm-1 square dark choc., Little sweet potato(64g) with little butter and cin., water.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7568&p=67676#p67676

General Warmup(added Novel movements for lower back)

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup(x2 rounds)

WOD: 4 rounds/rx'd rests

2 L-sit low/press to Tuck PL(as far as possible into)

3 Hopping Pike Push ups, 2nd step

5 clapping knee pushups

10 Dip foot assisted negatives

2x10 Wrist Pushups(knees)

Notes:

-FSP pre-reqs felt a little tough today, but the WOD felt ok. Only thing I wasn't sure about was the dips. I was debating going to regular or XR pushups as I was using the legs mostly for even negatives. I know this would sacrifice plane of motion, but I'm not sure if that is a priority in this case.

Other things:

-Lacrosse ball work on the wall/back and glutes mostly

-Novel Movements for elbow/wrist

Josh Schmitter

Sleep: Not great again, kid up early/in and out, therefore I was as well.

Eats:

7:45am-1 cup salted water, 1 orange

9:30am-Raided leftovers...some turkey, lamb, broccoli/cauliflower, very little bit of white fish and white rice, Bet. HCL, 1 square Dark Chocolate, 6000IU Vit D, 1g Vit C.

11:20am-Very little avocado, 1 cup bone broth

1:20pm-Spoonful coconut oil, almost peanut butter but put it back

2:00pm-4 eggs in bacon grease, 200g sweet potato w/ cin. and little butter, onions sauteed in coconut oil, some leftover frozen kale, 15mg zinc, 200mg Mag gly, 2 cups water. DELICIOUS.

4-6pm-2cups water-Very happy here as I had ample opportunity to eat junk and didn't

6:45pm-Large serving salmon w/ skin, collards w/ butter, 15mg zinc, 200mg Mag gly, gulp of fish oil, 2 cups water.

7:30pm- few handfuls frozen blueberries, some coc. oil, 240g sweet potato with 1tbsp butter and cinnamon, 1 cup water.

9pm-About 1cup cottage cheese w/ very little honey, some water.

Prehab:

-Lots of PVC Rolling

-Novel movements for elbow/wrist/lowerback/hips

Josh Schmitter

Sleep: Felt really good upon waking(i.e. woke up at the end of my cycle), but I felt like I was up half the night. I hope this is not the beginning of another bad sleeping cycle. My body feels pretty rested and my back has been hurting less upon waking, but my head/mind feels otherwise. Hopefully allergies it is...I really need to get a time lapse camera to check my sleep.

Eats:

7:45am-2 cups water, 1 Orange

Pre-WO

11:30am-140g sweet potato, 1/2 tbsp butter, 1slice appletgate swiss, 2oz beef liver, 4000IU VitD

12pm-1.5 cup coffee

12:15pm-Some mixed greens, frozen organic/wild blueberries, 1 cup raw milk

12:30-1:40pm(During WO)-most of a 200g white potato, 2 cups salted water

PWO-whatever left of potato, mixed greens, frozen blueberries, 1 cup raw milk, 1g Vit C, 400mg Mag gly.

2:15pm-Anything left, 2oz. beef liver, 2000IU Vit D, 1 square dark chocolate, 1/2 small banana

4pm-4oz cod, half avocado, some greens...feeling a little light headed/tingly...possibly too much beef liver over the week...i.e. vitamin A?

6pm-1 grassfed cheese burger, broccoli w/ .5 tbsp butter, 2 cups water, gulp of fish oil

7:30pm-150g sweet potato w/ cin. and 1 tbsp butter.

-Going to down the liver to 1oz portions/.5lbs a week instead of 1lb. Upon some further reading I am pretty sure I am getting too much Vit. A...w/ all the sweet potatoes as well it's no wonder. I also went from eating very small amounts of liver to 1lb a week, which is how I roll: stupidly.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7580

General WU(w/ novel movements for back)

Ido's Squat Routine

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU(2 rounds)

WOD: 3 rounds/rx'd rests

5 Arch-ups(212)

10 Overhead Lunges(50lb plate)

5 HLL half/tuck(Knee angle 145ish/212)

10m Backward Sled Sprint(51lbs)

3x10 Hip Ext./60s set rests

-2x10 front/side(2120 Tempo)

-1x10 Circle(10s Tempo)

Standard Leg day Stretching

Notes:

-Should have weighted the tire sled, but I was in a big of a rush, it was raining, and about 47 degrees so..next time :) I also need to get an accurate weight and mark all my rocks.

-It's amazing how good the hip extensions feel when you don't kill yourself on the WOD :).

Josh Schmitter

Sleep:Overall felt ok. Went down a little later(11pm) and got up around 8am. Was definitely in and out a bit as the kid had some shots yesterday and she was restless. Feel a little congested again, but feel pretty good as far as recovery. My back has been feeling good lately, my normal/chronic left lower/mid pain is very mild lately, and almost nothing upon waking.

Eats:

8:10am-1cup salted water, 1/2 very small banana

8:45am-1 cup homemade bone broth

Pre-WO

12:05pm-115g sweet potato/plain, 1/2 grass fed cheese burger, 1g VitC, 2000IU Vit. D,1 cup water

12:35pm-1.5 cups coffee

12:55pm-Mixed greens/frozen blueberries, 1 cup raw milk

During WO

1:15-2:20pm-1 cup raw milk, 110g white potato, 2 cups salted water, 1 large delicious spoonful of coc. oil.

2:30pm-mixed greens, blueberries.

2:45pm-55g white potato, 1/2 can skinless alaskan salmon, water, greens/berries

3:15pm-55g white potato, rest of salmon, rest of anything else.

3:50pm-half of 4 egg omelet, onions, water, 1 orange.

4:20pm-rest of above

5:15pm-little bit of chicken w/ skin, broccoli and cauliflower, little avocado

7:30pm-About 1/2 cup cottage cheese, some fish oil, handful mixed nuts, 1 square dark chocolate, salted water.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7586&p=67860#p67860

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU(2 rounds)

WOD:

2 Side to Side Arch ups(Strong 3s hold in contracted position)

5x2 CWW(60s rest for sets)

2 Side to Side Arch ups

1x5 HeS Pike Press/2min rest

2 Side to Side Arch ups

1x10(5,5) HeS Straddle Press/5 min rest

HS Cycles(Stomach to Wall/floor HS): Wrist about 5" away from wall

1x9 cycles 30s on/1min rest

1x10 wrist pushups(knees)

5min Rest

1x3 cycles 30s on/1min rest

1x10(6,4) wrist pushups(knees)

Notes:

-Split HeS Straddle Press due to loss of balance backwards, but no problem with the tuck and roll...i mean unless you deem that there was a toy shopping cart and the wall in the way a 'problem' :).

-First time really doing the side to side arch ups, I must say I can get a much better contraction/feel it more than unweighted supine wipers. I really need to try them weighted though.

-Cycles felt really good again. Added another cycle to the 1st set(which didn't start getting tough until about the 5th time). Focused on really pushing through the shoulders/shrugging them up to the ears

-Last set wrist pushups only broken due to 1.5 year old saying 'Hi' and getting closer and closer upon each rep :).

Other things:

-Slizz shoulder stretch(20s x12 positions)

-Lots of PVC rolling

Josh Schmitter

Sleep:Really good. Went down around 10:30pm, up around 7ish. Felt really solid and woke feeling well rested.

Eats:

8:00am-2 cups salted water, 1 small apple

11:25am-4 eggs w/ onions and some cheese cooked in coc. oil and bacon grease, 2 cups water, 1 square dark chocolate, 6000IU Vit D, 1g Vit C, Some digestive enzymes.

12:20pm-1 cup homemade bone broth

2pm-1 large full fat Fage greek yogurt w/ cinnamon, berries, few raisins, dab of honey, water

4pm-1 grassfed cheese burger, bunch of mixed greens, some water. Feeling really hungry today...been in a grazing mood.

6:20pm-meatballs fed of grass, broccoli/cauliflower, some fish oil, 1g Vit C, 15mg Zinc, 400mg Mag.

7:30pm-150g sweet potato w/ butter + cinnamon

Had some 'loose' stomach issues after this...and it hasn't been the first time. It seems like sweet potato, either too much in one sitting or some after a big meal(i.e. stomach fairly full) is not conducive to good times. I imagine it could be the cinnamon or butter, but those are higher on the doubt list.

Extras:

-Ido Shoulder/Scap Routine(3x10 Dislocates)

-Lower Leg Prehab A/B

-3x20s German hang floor stretch

-3x20 unweighted bicep/tricep curls(tri's felt kinda hard...might bring them down to 10-15 until feels comfortable)

Josh Schmitter

Sleep: In and out w/ kid, but not the worst.

Eats:

8am-half small banana, water

10:45am-2 pieces cheese, raided leftovers...beef, salmon, onions, chicken who knows what else. 1 square dark chocolate, 2 cups water

1:45pm-1 large Fage yogurt w/ honey, blueberries, cinnamon, few raisins, maple syrup. bunch of mixed greens.

Rest of day-Some ham, 2 spoonfuls coconut oil, some peanut butter, avocado salad w/ some spanish rice(one of the very rare times eating out), probably more I don't remember. 2 cups homemade bone broth

Josh Schmitter

Sleep: Felt really good upon waking, albeit it was 6:30. Went to sleep around 10:15, and I have learned that if I am up and ready to go/feeling good and it is sometime in the morning, to just get up. Always end up waking in the middle of a cycle if I don't.

Eats:

7:30am-Water, 1 orange

Pre-WO

12pm-2 cups salted water, 225g sweet potato w/ cin. and 1/2 tbsp butter, 1oz beef liver, little avocado

12:30ish-2 cups coffee

12:40-1 cup raw milk, greens and berries

During WO

1-1:45pm- Started 80g White potato, 1 cup raw milk, 2 cups salted water

PWO

1:45pm - 40g white potato/finished milk. Berries and Greens. 1g Vit C, 15mg Zinc, 400mg Mag gly.

2:20pm-40g potato, 1oz beef liver, 2000IU vit D, 1 spoonful coc. oil.

2:50pm-Couple meatballs in tomato sauce, lots of greens

3:30pm-half can of skinless salmon with tom. sauce

4:15pm-other half, water

6:30pm-Some Tuna, bit of white rice, loads of asparagus, about 1 Tbsp Butter, 1g Vit C, 400mg Mag, 15mg Zinc, Digestive enzymes.

7:30pm-1 square dark chocolate, some frozen blueberries

8pm-Still hungry, had some cottage cheese with a SMIDGE of honey/maple syrup

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7601

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU(x2 rounds)

WOD:4 rounds/rx'd rests

2 – Front Pull Tuck Negs(5s)

1 – 10 Towel Pullups Foot assist

2 – Front Pull Tuck Negs(5s)

6 - Pull ups(4 pallet band)

2 – Front Pull Tuck Negs(5s)

6 – 5 Foot supported Rows(about 145 degree to floor)

Notes:

-Changed the last 2 FBE's to 6 reps to keep a 1:1 for planes of motion.

-Keeping 2 rounds for fsp pre-reqs for another week...still feels like another will be too much, even at 50%. I think I always end up doing more full body tension/more effort when I'm not testing, so as to make it harder than 50% regardless of time.

-Grip/forearms were the limiting factor as per usual, by the 3rd round hitting pretty hard.

Other things throughout the day:

-Ido's Shoulder/Scap Routine(3x10 Dislocates)

-Lower Leg Prehab A/B

Josh Schmitter

Sleep:Went down a little late (11:15ish-7ish), didn't feel completely well rested upon waking. Kind of cold like/allergy feeling...not really congested, just blah a little. It is cold and rainy here, so that could also play a part. I felt like I might have been in and out a bit...

Eats:

8am-2 cups salted water, 1 orange

Pre WO

11:50am-150g sweet potato, 1tbsp butter, 1oz liver, 2000IU VitD, 1g VitC

12:30-2 cups coffee

12:45-Greens/berries, 1 cup raw milk

During WO

1pm-2:15pm-90g white potato, 1 cup raw milk, 2 cups water

PWO

2:30pm-30g white potato, salted water, greens/berries

2:45pm-1oz liver, 4000IU Vit D, 1 square dark chocolate, 30g white potato

3:45-5pm-loads of chicken and mixed greens with olive oil, 2 cups water.

6:30pm...little did i know the wife was preparing chicken for tonight as well :)...had a little and some broccoli/cauliflower with butter. water.

8:20pm-Sweet potato with 1tbsp butter and cinnamon, water.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7607

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU(x2 rounds)

WOD: 3 rounds

[3 Chair Dips(2121)/1:40 rest

3 Pull ups(2121)/1:40 rest

Ring Strength 1(minus MU)/Lower Leg Prehab A/B-5min Rest]

-2 more set of 3 dips/pulls

5x15s/60s rests

-Tuck L-sit Hang(90/90)

-XR Plank Support

-German Hang

2x10 Wall Ext(303 tempo)

Notes:

-Even with sets of 3 the pulls were a little tough w/ tempo...I will chalk that up to yesterdays pull day.

-L-sit hang felt really good, GH were a little rough, but my left elbow felt great whereas it normally is a little strained.

* My back has been feeling pretty damn good this past week. Perhaps a combo of strict adherence to clean diet(i.e. omega 3:6 ratios getting back in order) and lots of prehab...and the new back prehab(i.e. sciatica stuff and hanging upside down)

Josh Schmitter

Sleep: Eh, felt fine upon waking...but that was at around 4:30am(down around 10:15pm). From there I felt like I never really got back to sleep...brain felt awake, body still sleeping...i.e. maybe 1st sleep cycle in and out. I did, however have lots of dreams about zombies taking over where I went to college, so maybe that just wore me out.

Eats:

8:15am-1 orange, salted water

10:30am-4 egg omelet w/ some cheese and sauteed onions...cooked in bacon grease and coc. oil respectively. 1 square dark chocolate, some peanut butter, 2 cups water, 1g Vit C, 6000IU Vit D, some dig. enzymes

Rest of Day-1 cup cottage cheese w/pinch of maple syrup, huge chicken salad, some ground beef w/ a little cheese and tomato. 1 too large sweet potato with butter and cinnamon. 30mg Zinc, 400mg Mag, 1g Vit C, Enzymes.

Had some stomach issues again after the sweet potato...I really shouldn't have even had dinner as that chicken salad I had was HUGE.

Josh Schmitter

Sleep:...I hope this isn't the new trend. Woke really early again, don't know what time for sure. Back bothering me a smidge. Went to sleep around 10pm as I literally couldn't keep my eyes open. Rose around 7 after lying there for I don't know how long. A little DOMS today(and yesterday) as well. Going to try stopping the sweet potato before bed.

Eats:

7am-2 cups water

8am-1 orange

Pre-WO

12pm-140g sweet potato, 1oz liver, 1 cup raw milk, pinch of beef, water, 1g Vit C, 2000IU Vit D.

12:40pm-1.5 cups coffee

12:45pm-Greens/berries

During-WO

1-2:10pm- 150g white potato, 1 cup raw milk, 2 cups salted water, some coc. oil.

PWO

2:20pm-greens/berries, whatever left of potato, 1 square dark choc., little coc. oil., 400mg Mag, 1g Vit C

3:00pm-1oz beef liver, 4000IU Vit. D, 15mg Zinc.

3:45pm-Little ground beef, some kale

-Had some serious gas going on here...not smelling at all, just a lot of stuff going on in my stomach and I don't know what from...

4:30-pm-some turkey, homemade cranberry sauce, very little sweet potato, carrots, mashed potato

5:20pm-half an apple pie :). I would say the gas had something to do with the pie, but it started before...

6:40pm-some fish oil, 1g Vit C, 200mg Mag, 15mg Zinc.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7623

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU(x2 rounds)

WOD: 3 sets each:

15s PB Lsit tuck(90/90)+ 5 Tempo Dips

-1st set:full

-2nd set:3 full, 2 foot assisted ascent

-3rd set:2 full, 3 foot assisted ascent

15s GH + 5 Tempo Chins

-1st set:full

-2nd set:3 full, 2 pallet band(2) assist

-3rd set:2 full, 3 pallet band(3) assist

15s L-sit Hang(90/90) + 5 Tempo HLL half(145 degrees knee angle)

10 BWW(5,5 about 4 steps down...these are still ridiculously hard with straight arms)

Notes:

-Warm up sets:Knee/Floor Push ups + Foot Sup. Rows.

-Dips very trying. Was happy to get through the first set completely, but I am still toying w/ subbing to XR push ups for sets 2+3 for similar WOD's.

-For the Chins, should have used 4 pallet bands on all the assists. I pushed my grip/forearms really hard, which would have been ok if not for the HLL after. Took a little extended rest(4min) between Chins and HLL.

-FSP warmup felt pretty good today, but still might have to scale back a couple when adding the 3rd round(i.e. plank on top of feet and support shoulders pulled down)

Other things:

-Lower leg prehab A/B

-Slizzard shoulder stretch (20s x 12 positions)

-Lacrosse ball work on shoulders/PVC Rolling

-Novel Movements for Pelvis/Hips

*Possible reasons I was feeling good for about a week...almost no back pain, sleeping really well; Had homemade bone broth added to the mix a week or so ago. Going to make some more soon and check it out.

Josh Schmitter

Sleep:Same ol waking around 5am, but this time I got back to sleep. Went to bed around 10:45, up at 8ish.

Eats:

Note:*Going to salt my water w/ Wakame this week...get some major iodine and trace minerals.

8:30am-water, little blueberries

Pre WO

12:30pm-1 square dark chocolate, 75g sweet potato, 1tbsp butter, 1oz beef liver, 1g Vit C, 2000IU Vit D

1:00-1.5 cups coffee

During WO/PWO

1:20-2:30pm- 120g white potato, 1 cup raw milk

2:50-1oz liver, 400mg mag, 4000IU Vit D, 1g Vit C

3:30-1/2 large FAGE full fat yogurt w/ a pinch of honey,maple syrup, and a load of cinnamon.

6:30pm-Salmon w/ skin, broccoli and cauliflower w/ 1/2 tbsp butter.

7:40pm-Cottage cheese. 1 Spoonful coc. oil.

WOD

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7630

General WU

Ido's Squat Routine

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD:4 rounds/rx'd rests

60 sec Jump Rope(160 skip avg.)

5 Depth Jumps(off car)

60 sec Jump Rope

10 Box Jumps(same as before...actually more like 34.8inches)

60 sec Jump Rope

15 Squat Jumps(on sidewalk)

Standard leg day stretching

Notes:

-Everything felt really good today. My homemade box, i.e stacked cinder blocks, were knocked over and crappily put back up by my dumb neighbor so I had to reset them. I thought I did it lower as it felt super easy, but I measured and it's the same so that's awesome. Squat jumps on sidewalk much easier than grass. Oh, almost forgot on the last set of box jumps I wasn't paying attention and almost knocked the whole thing over...only a few blocks fell, but it could have been not fun. That's why I like them...forces you to do it right or die.

Other:

-Ido's Shoulder/Scap Routine(3x10 Dislocates)

-Novel Movements wrist+elbow/pelvis+hip/Lower back

Josh Schmitter

Sleep:...up at 5ish...and still up...and still up :). Got up around 6:15 after lying there for an hour. Little sore, but that is usual after a dynamic leg day. Maybe will try going to bed a little earlier tonight to see if I still wake up at the same time. Cooking up some broth so hopefully I'll see if that helps at all with sleep. bah.

Eats:

7:15am-2 cups water

8:45am-1 clementine

9:15am-1 Large Fage yogurt w/ berries and a pinch of maple syrup, 1 square dark chocolate.

Rest of day...4 egg omelet w/ bunch of cheese, bunch of ground beef, bit of raisins, roasted brussel sprouts, 200mg Mag asp, 15mg Zinc, some cottage cheese, peanut butter, 1 more dark choc. square, some blueberries...I think that's it.

7:30pm - 2 cups homemade bone broth....god it's delicious.

Josh Schmitter

Sleep: Not too bad, felt good upon waking. Back pain not much....broth last night...ehhhh? :).

Eats:

8:20am-water, 1 clementine

10:45am-water, 4 egg omelet with cheese, some sauteed onions, 1 cup broth, 1 square dark choc., 6000IU Vit D.

1pm-water, 200g sweet potato, 1tbsp butter, cinnamon, some cottage cheese with drop of honey.

2:45pm-water, bunch of mixed greens, some homemade cranberry sauce, some more broth.

4:45pm-rest of the cranberry sauce, handful of nuts, little peanut butter, fish oil.

5:45pm-good amount of pastured chicken, roasted asparagus, a bit of roasted white potato, 2 cups water, digestive enzymes, 15mg zinc, 200mg mag asp.

Josh Schmitter

Sleep: Pretty good I believe. Down around 10:15pm, up at 7ish am. Felt a little sore/perhaps tossing and turning a bit, but not awful.

Eats:

7:30am-some water

8am-1 clementine, 1 cup bone broth

Pre WO

11:45am-Sweet potato w/ 1 tbsp butter, 1oz liver, 1 cup raw milk, 2000IU vit D, 1g Vit C, Very little leftover ground beef.

12:45pm-1.5 cups coffee

1pm-greens/berries

During WO

1:10pm-2:15pm-1 cup raw milk, some white potato, salted water

PWO

2:20pm-rest of potato, greens, berries, 1g Vit C, 400mg Mag asp, 1 square dark choc.

2:45pm-1oz liver, water, 4000IU Vit D, digestive enzymes, 1 spoon coc. oil.

4pm-Fell off the wagon today...in the style of The Hungry Caterpillarr by Eric Carle: On Monday, I had 3 chocolate dipped nestle ice cream cones, 1 ice cream sandwich, a few bites of apple pie, 1 snickers bar, most of a king size hershey bar w/ a bunch of water. It's strange as I wasn't really craving anything...I had access to all these things the past few weeks, but did not feel even a little struggle to not eat them. Oh well...

6:30pm-2 meatballs, some asparagus, 1g Vit C, 15mg Zinc, 400mg Mag., water.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7640

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU(x3 rounds*)

Ido's Squat Routine

WOD:3 rounds/rx'd rests

5 GHR

10 SLS

5 HeS RLL unweighted

20m Sled Sprint up slight incline(1st round just sled/51lbs, rounds 2+3 80lbs)

4x15s Straddle L PB bent(60s rests).

Standard Leg day stretching

Notes:

*Moved to 3 rounds for my Pre-req WU. Dropped back times for Plank and Support(both to 30s).

-GHR and SLS still tough, but is feeling easier bit by bit(not as done by the last set). I was going to do RLL off my shelf today, but there is too much in use on it at the moment. Sled sprints good at 80lbs...first round just sled to see how it felt.

Other:

-Ido's Shoulder/Scap Routine(2x10 Dislocates)

-Novel Movements for wrist/elbow

Josh Schmitter

Sleep:Pretty good despite the junk food binge. Went to sleep around 10:30pm, up at 8:30am...but I think I was in and out from around 7:30am(normal wake up).

Eats:

9am-Water, 1 clementine

Pre WO

12pm-100g sweet potato w/ cin. and butter, 1 meatball, 1oz liver, 2000IU Vit D, 1g Vit C

12:30pm-1.5 cups coffee

1:05pm-1cup raw milk, greens/berries

During WO

1:20pm-2:40pm-88g white potato, 1 cup raw milk, water

PWO

2:45pm-whatever was left of greens berries and above. + 1 oz beef liver, 4000IU Vit. D, 1g Vit C, 400mg mag asp.

3:45pm-4:45pm-water, load of salmon with skin

6:30pm-Some fish oil, butter, 2 cups bone broth w/ turmeric, green peas.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7644&p=68395#p68395

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU

WOD:

-1x10 Wrist Pushups on knees

-5x2 CWW(1:00 rests)

-1x5 Pike Press HeS/2min

-1x10 Straddle Press HeS/5min

10 min HS wall runs(First 4 Regular Wall Runs, All subsequent Box HeSPU runs)

-2 x [30s on/60s off x 10]/5min between sets

-1x10 Wrist Pushups on knees

Notes:

-Started feeling it in the shoulders/delts early so I didn't add a set of full wall runs this time.

-FSP warmup felt really good today. CWW still very tough.

Other:

-Slizz's shoulder stretch

-novel movements for pelvis/hip

Josh Schmitter

Sleep:Pretty good again, or so it felt. Laid in bed, in and out for about 45min before getting up, but didn't feel super tired or lethargic. No real DOMS either which was a pleasant surprise as yesterday I was having some nice discomfort in the front of the shoulder/delt. Slizz's shoulder stretch combined with some lacrosse ball work against the wall really helped.

Eats:

9am-1 clementine, water

10:15am-4 egg omelet w/ cheese fried in bacon grease, some sauteed onions in coc. oil, 6000IU Vit. D, 1g Vit C, 2 squares dark choc.

2pm-boat load of chicken w/ skin swimming in leftover meat sauce. 1 piece of bacon, 90g sweet potato w/ butter and cin. Some fish oil, 200mg Mag asp, 15mg Zinc, Digestive enzymes, 2 cups water.

4pm-junked out again...today was definitely a craving feeling

7pm-1 piece bacon little meat.

Josh Schmitter

Sleep:Down at 10:30pm, up at 9am. Felt like a good heavy sleep. Felt a little blah after waking, but that's due to all the junk I ate yesterday.

Eats:

9:15am-Water

Pre-WO

12pm-1g Vit C, 2000IU vit D, 1oz Beef liver, Small hamburger, 1 piece bacon, water.

1pm-1.5 cups coffee, greens, berries, 1 cup raw milk

During WO

1:15pm-2:20pm-1 cup raw milk, handful of raisins, water

PWO

2:30pm-greens/berries, 1g Vit C, 400mg Mag arp.

2:50pm-1oz liver, digestive enzymes

3:45pm-4:45pm-Tons of chicken and fish, water, very little white rice and potato, 500mg Turmeric

6:45pm-some ground meat with greens, butter, fish oil, 1g Vit C, 500mg Turmeric, 15mg Zinc, 2 squares dark choc.

8pm-spoonful coc. oil, some peanut butter, cottage cheese w/ a dab of honey.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7663

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU

WOD:4 rounds/30s rests for FBE, 3min rounds

1 CWW

5 Floor Pushups

1 CWW

10 Floor Pushups on knees

1 CWW

20 Support Swings(back and forth=1rep)

2x10 Wrist pushups on knees

Notes:

-Started out with XR pushups and Floor pushups for the first 2 FBE, but realized even this was too much. These Dy Push WOD's are even worse for me after a HS WOD...rest day in between or not. So much so that the 10 knee pushups were very hard by the 3rd and 4th rounds.

-I imagine I will have to wait until I get to a seminar(hopefully this coming year) to find out, but I will continue to ask at every opportunity regardless: Is it better to us the 'Pushups before Dips before H(e)SPu' model here, or to work on something like pike pushups on the stairs to at least keep a semblance of the plane of motion rx'd? I just feel like when doing the latter, I have to scale down so much that it is not enough to work that plane efficiently.

Other:

Lower leg Prehab

Ido's Shoulder/Scap routine(3x10 dislocates)

Josh Schmitter

Sleep:Down a little late(11:30pm). I think that messed my cycles a little as I was up at 7:30, but feeling like crap. That and the junk I ate the day before last.

Eats:

8:30am-1 clementine, water

10:30am-1 piece of ham, 6000IU vit. D.

Pre WO

11:40am-140g sweet potato w/ butter and cinnamon, small hamburger, 1 piece bacon, water, 1g Vit. C

12:20pm-1 cup coffee

12:40pm-greens,berries,whatever left of coffee, 1 cup raw milk

During WO

12:55pm-2:05pm-80g white potato, 1 cup raw milk

PWO

2:05pm-greens/berries, 400mg Mag asp., 1 spoon coc. oil, 500mg turmeric

2:50pm-Some egg omelet w/ onions, digestive enzymes.

3-4pm-bunch of junk food, rest of omelet, 500mg turmeric, digestive enzymes, water...I'm on a junk run and need to get back on the track.

8pm-1 spoon coc. oil, 500mg turmeric, 400mg mag asp, 15mg zinc.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7669&p=68588#p68588

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU

WOD: 3 rounds

[-3 Chair Dips(2121)/1:40 rest

-3 Pull ups(2121)/1:40 rest

-Ring Strength 1(minus MU + roll)

-Lower Leg Prehab A/B

-5min Rest]

-2 more set of 3 dips/pulls

5x15s/60s rests

-Tuck L-sit Hang(90/90)

-XR Plank Support

-German Hang

2x10 Wall Ext(303 tempo)

Notes:

-Dips/Pulls felt really good. Will probably keep it the same for 1 more WOD before upping sets.

-GH were very uncomfortable today, mostly in shoulders due to yesterdays CWW/pushing.

Other:

-Slizz's shoulder stretch(20s x 12 positions)

Josh Schmitter

Sleep:Felt pretty good. Teeth coming in on the kid so was up a few times.

Eats:

8am-water

10am-2 cups bone broth

1:15pm-some leftover roasted broccoli and bacon, very little potato. 1 large FAGE full fat yogurt w/ about 10 raisins, a drop of honey and maple syrup along with a bunch of cinnamon, fish oil, 500mg turmeric

2:45pm-Some peanut butter, 2 squares dark choc., little leftover meat.

3:45pm-some cottage cheese

6:30pm-5 turkey meatballs, green beans w/ butter, water, 1g vit C, 500mg Turmeric, 15mg Zinc.

10pm-bunch of meatballs and collards

11:20pm-some sweet potato w/ butter and cinnamon. 400mg mag asp, some Valerian root. Fish oil. water.

Josh Schmitter

Sleep:Out late/ate late. Went to sleep 12:15pm, up at around 7:30am. Mild cold like feeling, congested a little headache...the norm feeling for me when staying up too late.

Eats:

8am-water

10:30am-11:15am-Fish oil, 500mg Turmeric, 6000IU Vit D, 1g Vit C, 4 eggs cooked in butter and bacon grease, saw-tayed onions in coc oil, 1 square dark chocolate, water.

12:30pm-large Fage Full fat yogurt w/ some honey and berries.

2pm-Few spoons of farm made ice cream, peanut butter, little dark chocolate, some coc. oil.

3:30pm-some fish oil, white rice w/ butter, 500mg turmeric, 200mg mag asp., 15mg zinc.

*Feeling very hungry, very often today.

6:30pm-some white fish, broccoli w/ butter, 500mg turmeric, 200mg mag asp, 15mg Zinc, some sweet potato w/ coc. oil, a few pieces of cheese.

Other:

-Ido's Shoulder/Scap Routine

-Novel Movements for lower back

Vincent Stoyas

Hey, I mostly came by just to say thanks for consistently posting your scaling for the WOD. It helps me quite a bit. Hope you're progressing well.

I also saw while looking right now that you wake up and drink some water and then eat a couple hours later. What's the reasoning behind that?

Josh Schmitter

Sleep:10:30pm to 8am. Solid.

Eats:

8am-water

PreWO

11:40am-Sweet potato plain, 1/2 avocado, some white fish, 1oz liver, 6000IU Vit. D, 1g Vit C

12:30pm-coffee

12:55pm-Greens/berries, 1 cup raw milk

During WO

1:10-2:15pm-some white potato, 1 cup raw milk

PWO

2:15pm-greens, berries

2:40pm- 400mg mag asp, 1g Vit C., 1oz liver, 500mg turmeric, some potato, digestive enzymes

*Pretty bad stomach distress after this...off and on for about 45min...almost of the stomach virus variety, then proceeded to expel everything into the toilet. Was odd as I didn't have anything different, perhaps just everything was too much together, specifically the magnesium and liver. Whatever the case I had 4 eggs w/ onions, 15mg zinc, digestive enzymes, 500mg Turmeric, and some white rice with butter along with a small amount of ice cream afterwards with no problems. If it was the liver we will see tomorrow as I will repeat the experiment. I do feel similar to when I was eating a lot of liver(possible vit. A toxicity), but I haven't had any since Thurs. and today I only had 2 oz separated by a few hours...

6:30pm-some meatloaf, asparagus, water, 200mg mag, 500mg turmeric, enzymes,

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7691

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU

WOD:3 sets each/rx'd rests

15s German Hang + 3 Tempo Chins

15s *L-sit Bent* + 5 Tempo Pike Pushups(1st step)

15s L-sit hang Bent + 5 Tempo Body Levers(Adv. Tuck)

10 BWW(5,5 focus on straight arms, only a few steps down wall)

Notes:

-Everything felt just right scaled today. Was almost or at failure at the last rep of the last set.

*Video'd my L-sit today, found my back is not straight at all, curved more in the mid to upper back and I'm not quite sure how to fix it. Going to scour the forum today, any feedback much appreciated.