This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

TANSTAAFL-The Epoch of Man...umm, I mean, WO Log

Started by Josh Schmitter, July 14, 2011 · 224 Replies · 10,542 Views

Josh Schmitter
PHILIP said:
For WOD's with horizontal(push ups) and vertical(dips/HSPU) planes, if I have to scale back to something like foot assisted Dips for the rx'd reps, would going back to Pushups and doing more quality work be better than barely any work on a mostly foot supported dip.

A little bit of both actually.

Hey, thanks for ringing in. So, for example, on a Dynamic Push day, if there are 20 swinging dips you are suggesting to do some comfortable amount of dips, then move on to push ups. See, the last time this came up, I did 20 pushups on the 3rd or 4th step as that was the only thing I would be able to keep up for 20 after everything else. So even just a few negatives/foot supported dips would seem too much for me in this case.

It is mostly the dynamic days that give me trouble, as I know they aren't supposed to be max days, but they always feel like it to me. The Strength days I find it easier to scale back and do a lot of splitting up multi-plane to their respective parts. Thanks again for commenting.

Josh Schmitter

Sleep:Not too bad. Kid is almost all mended so she slept almost through the night. I woke up super early for some reason, don't know what time, but still dark. Up for a while then finally went back, up at 9:15am. Went to sleep 10:45pm...maybe I'm still fighting what the kid had.

Eats:

9:30am-water, 1 Orange

12:15pm-water, some broth, 1g Vit. C, 2000IU Vit D, 500mg turmeric, 1oz Liver, sweet potato w/ butter, 1 meatball

12:45pm-coffee

12:55pm-greens,berries, 1 cup raw milk

Intra WO

1:55pm-3:15pm-2 small white potatoes, 1 cup raw milk, some greens/berries

PWO

3:20pm-rest of greens/berries, spoonful coc. oil, water, 400mg mag asp, 1g Vit C

3:50pm-1oz liver, 4000IU vit D. , 1 small banana

4:30pm-4 eggs cooked in butter(felt much better w/out the onions)

6:15pm-3 pieces bacon, some white fish, bit of sweet potato and asparagus, 400mg mag, 500mg turmeric, 15mg zinc.

8pm-Some peanut butter, ice cream w/ fish oil. Obviously the fish oil makes this all ok :).

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7868&p=70237#p70237

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU

Ido's Squat Routine

4 rounds/rx'd rests

60 sec Jump Rope

30m Sled/Tire Sprint(about 72 lbs up slight incline in wet grass)

60 sec Jump Rope

20m Squat Jumps(avg. 20 jumps, slight rest after 3/4 or 16ish jumps)

60 sec Jump Rope

10 Depth Jumps(off car)

Standard Leg day stretch

Notes:

-Raining and a nice [degrees]37[/degrees] for this one :)

-Jump rope averaged 160 in beginning, down to around 130 after those squat jumps and as the rounds went on.

-Sled weight just about right for the wet grass, also dragged it back each time walking.

-Squat jumps are still an area where I'm not sure about scaling...as in should I just do stationary, do the broken sets like I did today, or jump more for distance so I can complete it without rest...just not sure what's best.

-Depth jumps off car in rain is always slippery and fun.

Falcon

Hi man.

I see you're making some good progress... full dips and pullups.

Maybe you should check out the first page of my log, I have there a routine that should be somewhere around your strenght level.

It is a lot of volume, esspecially on the FSPs, I know, and there are no leg workouts, but it should get just about anyone with a little bit of brain to scale things up/down (rather up in your case, I think you're too strict on yourself and moving slower when you could progress faster)

That routine got me HeSPUs and Muscle ups in about two months, there are also another versions on it on other pages (I was using it in 2 SSCs)

WOD is good, but it's best to do it as RXd, and I think we'll agree that is hard. Sometimes you need to push forward in progressions, and I don't know what are your goals (just fitness or specific skills). And Im sure you don't work with mindset like me (I set other things around my workouts), but still, damn, you need to progress, that is what makes everyone tick, innit? You will benefit from HeSPUs and MuscleUps. I think you're prepared for them, as of now I would train for them and then return to WODs with a bigger arsenal of feats.

Just some 1 AM thoughts :D Good luck in your training.

Josh Schmitter
Falcon said:
Hi man.

I see you're making some good progress... full dips and pullups.

Maybe you should check out the first page of my log, I have there a routine that should be somewhere around your strenght level.

It is a lot of volume, esspecially on the FSPs, I know, and there are no leg workouts, but it should get just about anyone with a little bit of brain to scale things up/down (rather up in your case, I think you're too strict on yourself and moving slower when you could progress faster)

That routine got me HeSPUs and Muscle ups in about two months, there are also another versions on it on other pages (I was using it in 2 SSCs)

WOD is good, but it's best to do it as RXd, and I think we'll agree that is hard. Sometimes you need to push forward in progressions, and I don't know what are your goals (just fitness or specific skills). And Im sure you don't work with mindset like me (I set other things around my workouts), but still, damn, you need to progress, that is what makes everyone tick, innit? You will benefit from HeSPUs and MuscleUps. I think you're prepared for them, as of now I would train for them and then return to WODs with a bigger arsenal of feats.

Just some 1 AM thoughts :D Good luck in your training.

Thanks a ton for taking the time, I will definitely check out your first page soon(bookmarked it). My goals are more progress related rather than specifics and as for setting other things around workouts, we are on the same page there. My workout is a given part of my day. I don't even considering skipping it barring injury or an extra rest day(in which case I hit a Sat/Sun to make up. So far I'm planning on finishing out this SSC w/ my FSP Pre-reqs and following the WOD's along through completion. From there I have a lot to consider(including your advice) and will get back with either more questions or decisions made :). Thanks again.

Josh Schmitter

Sleep: Eh, felt solid, but awoke early(still dark)..finally got up after laying there a while. Was 7am when I got up, so I was probably awake since around 6ish. Went down 10:30pm. Going to try some more tense/relax stuff to see if that helps.

Eats:

7-10:30am-Water, 1 orange, 1 square dark chocolate, 4 eggs w/ onions, 500mg turmeric, 1g Vit C, 6000IU Vit D. Little stomach crampage after eggs/onions. Going to perhaps go sans onions for a week or so and see what happens.

1pm-whole container of cottage cheese w/ few raisins, cinnamon, pinch o honey, some leftover veggies...too much peanut butter and ice cream...what else is new

6pm-good amount of pork ribs, bit of white rice, kale w/ butter, 15mg zinc, 200mg mag, 500mg turmeric, loads of water. Really thirsty for some reason.

8:45pm-fish oil and coc. oil.

Other:

-Slizz Shoulder Stretch(30s x 12 positions)

-Novel movements for lower back.

Josh Schmitter

Sleep:Pretty good. Felt solid, but in and out early again, not sure what that's about. Might try to stop the IF for a little while to see if that helps.

Eats:

PreWO

1:15pm-sweet pot. w/ good amount of butter, 1oz liver, some white fish, 2000IU Vit D, 1g Vit C, 500mg turmeric, water, dark choc.

1:40pm-coffee

2pm-greens/berries, 1 cup raw milk

IntraWO

2:20-3:40pm-2 small white potatoes, 1 cup raw milk, spoonful coc. oil

PWO

3:45pm-greens/berries, 400mg mag, 1g Vit C, 1 square dark chocolate.

4:15pm-1 spoon coc. oil, 500mg turmeric, 4000IU Vit D, 1oz liver, water

4:35pm-2 avocado rolls(sushi), good portion of white fish, 15mg zinc

7:30pm-fish oil, 1/2 spoon coc oil, about 1 leftover egg, 15mg zinc, 400mg mag, 500mg turmeric, 1g Vit C

8pm-another 4000IU vit D, feel like I might be finally getting the cold my wife/daughter have.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7880

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU

WOD: 3 rounds/Rx'd rests

10 Weighted Overhead Lunges(23kg plate)

5 Supine Wipers(each side, 2.5lbs weight)

10m Backward Sled Sprint(81lbs)

5 Half GHR

3x10 Hip Ext(60s set rest)

-2x10 front/side(2121)

-1x10 circle(10s)

Notes:

-Hip Extensions pretty rough today...but that is nothing new whenever it's both leg workouts back to back.

-FSP warmup and the WOD felt actually really good today.

Other:

-Some left side sciatica pain later on in the day. Haven't had that in a long while, hopefully it'll be gone in the morning. Did a lot of lower back stuff...lacrosse ball amongst other things. I think it might have been the supine wipers that aggravated it.

Josh Schmitter

Sleep:Really solid. 10:45ish to 8:30am. Felt good upon waking other than I definitely have some head cold symptoms(slight stuffiness and little sore throat). Other than that, muscle wise, very little soreness.

Eats:

8:30am-pear, water

Pre

12pm-1oz liver, sweet potato w/ butter, some leftover egg, dark choc., 4000IU Vit D, 1g Vit C, 500mg Turmeric.

12:20pm-coffee

12:45pm-greens/berries, 1 cup raw milk

Intra

1pm-2:30pmwhite potatoes, raw milk

PWO

2:45pm-greens/berries, 400mg mag, 1g Vit C, coc. oil.

3:15pm-4000IU Vit D, 1oz liver, water.

4:45pm-4 eggs cooked in butter/bacon fat, water, 15mg zinc, 500mg turmeric, some ice cream/peanut butter/dark choc.

5:40pm-good amount of ground turkey sloppy joes w/ peas and water.

7:45pm-some coc. oil, 15mg zinc, 400mg mag, 500mg turmeric, fish oil, 1g Vit C.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7888

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU

WOD:2min rest FBE, 60s sets)

1x10 Wrist Pushups(knees)

2x 70ish steps/50ish ft. Plank Walks(Back and Forth living room x2 per set, feet slightly above hips)

2x5 Pike Box Press HeS

2x10 Straddle Box Press HeS(5min rest)

10 min HS wall runs(First 4 Regular Wall Runs, All subsequent Box HeSPU runs)

-2 x [30s on/60s off x 10]/5min between sets(little bit more than 5min, had to try and put the kid back to sleep)

-1x10 Wrist Pushups(knees)

Notes:

-Everything felt SUPER good today. FSP Pre-reqs felt good for the 2nd/3rd day in a row...perhaps finally starting to deload a littler. Wrist push ups felt almost as good as regular pushups, HeS Presses felt better than they ever have. All this with having a cold(started last night) my wife/daughter just got through.

-Only thing still about the same was the wall runs...very tough, couldn't add another full one in the beginning.

-So, pretty much the exact opposite of killroy's post :). Again with the "it." I wish I knew what I did to feel this way...maybe I need to always work out on the brink of a cold...who knows.

Other:

-No further sciatica pain since last night.

-Idos' shoulder/scap routine(3x10 dislocates)

-lower leg prehab A

Josh Schmitter

Sleep:Good again...10:45ish to 8:30ish. Still slight head cold, but actually feeling better than normal physically. I don't know if it has something to do with the cold/my body fighting it, but I just feel really good, also a weird feeling that I can only describe as breathing easier/fuller. Noticed that much more during the past few workouts as well.

Eats:

10am-water, small banana

11:45pm-large Fage full fat yogurt w/ the regular 10ish raisins, pinch of honey, loads of cinnamon, some berries, 500mg turmeric, 6000IU vit D, 1g Vit C.

2:30pm-ice cream, peanut butter, dark chocolate, some leftover white fish, broccoli, kale, bit of white rice, all sopping in butter. Large salad of plain mixed greens. 500mg turmeric.

6pm-3 chicken drumsticks, 400mg mag, 15mg zinc, 500mg turmeric, 1g vit C, lots of brussel sprouts

8pm-cottage cheese w/ cinnamon

Other:

Back still feeling super good...the past 3-4 days. What is the variable damnit :).

Vincent Stoyas

Turmeric is supposed to help increase recovery, right? How is that working for you?

Josh Schmitter
Vincearoo said:
Turmeric is supposed to help increase recovery, right? How is that working for you?

It's supposed to be very anti-inflammatory amongst 50,000 other things :).

http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/turmeric-000277.htm

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/show ... p?t=136349

http://epicureandigest.com/dosage-and-method-turmeric/

I can't say for sure yet, but I believe it's working. My back has been feeling much better(have chronic mid back pain on the left side) lately, but that could be due to many variables. I'm going to keep it up for a while regardless.

Josh Schmitter

Sleep:Felt solid again. 11pm-7:30am. Kid woke up a little earlier than normal. Still have slight congestion, but again, feeling otherwise superb physically. No aches or anything else usually accompanied by a cold. Still feeling better than normal in that regard. Weird man.

Eats:

8am-water, half a bad tangelo

10am-4 scrambled eggs, large fage w/ the regular fixins, water, 500mg turmeric, 6000IU Vit D, 1g Vit C

2pm-super large mixed green salad w/ 1 can(6oz) of alaskan salmon, some fish oil, olive oil, little vinegarette, salt/pepper/garlic along with maybe 1/2 cup of white rice loaded w/ butter. 500mg turmeric.

3:45pm-1 bite of peanut butter and ice cream, dark chocolate, 1 pear, some coc. oil.

6pm-good amount of salmon w/ skin in a homemade light honey mustard sauce, asparagus w/ butter, 15mg zinc, 1g Vit C, 400mg Mag, 500mg Turmeric.

Other:

Novel Movements for Pelvis/hips

Josh Schmitter

Sleep:Good, same as past few. 11pm-8am

Eats:

10am-water, half tangelo

12:45pm-sweet potato w/ butter and cinnamon, bit of leftover fish, 3/4 oz liver, 500mg turmeric, 1g Vit C, 2000IU Vit D, 1 square dark choc.

1:05pm-coffee

1:35pm-greens/berries, 1cup raw milk

1:50pm-3pm- 2 white potatoes, 1 cup raw milk, coc. oil,

3:05pm-greens/berries, 400mg Mag, 1g Vit C

3:35pm-3/4oz liver, 4000IU Vit D, coc. oil, 500mg turmeric.

4:05pm-4 eggs w/ a little raw cheese, 1/2 very small banana(on my way to 30 bananas a day :))

6pm-3-4 large meatballs and broccoli in tomato sauce, 15mg zinc, 400mg mag, 500mg turmeric, fish oil.

8pm-little cottage cheese

gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7902

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU

WOD: 4 rounds/rx'd rests

2 Cast Wall Walks = 25ft/36 steps Plank walks, feet slightly above hips(Back and forth Living room)

3 XR Strap HSPU = 3 Pike push ups on floor(As vertical as I could get with feet on the floor)

2 Cast Wall Walks = " "

5 XR Dips to L-sit = 5 Chair dips to L-sit

2 Cast Wall Walks = " "

7 XR PMP Plus = 7 XRPush ups

2x10 Wrist Pushups(knees)

Notes:

-Very happy and surprised I could do 5 chair dips to l-sit as well as XR Push ups up to round 3,let along all 4. The last round was to failure on both FBE, all perfect reps still.

-Scaling the CWW to Plank walks is immensely helpful. It is amazing how much doing actual CWW(even scaled down to 1) destroyed my ability to do much of anything else, esp. in Dynamic Push WOD's.

-Still feeling amazing...I'm not gonna question it, but I literally feel like I've been sick for a year, and now no longer.

Bobby B

Hello. Me again.

I think I need to scale down to Plank Walks too but I'm not sure exactly how to do them with feet elevated. I get the feeling I'm missing something really obvious here. Also, was walking 36 steps just an amount of volume that works for you or is that a recommended amount?

Thanks again for your help

Josh Schmitter

Sleep: Solid again. 10:45-8am, laid in bed for about a 1/2 hour, but didn't feel bad, just lounging.

Eats:

8:30am-water, 1/2 tangelo

PreWO

12:30pm-3/4oz liver, 1 large meatball, sweet potato w/ butter and cinnamon, 1 square dark choc., 2000IU vit D, 1g Vit C, 500mg turmeric.

12:45pm-coffee

1:20pm-greens/berries, 1 cup raw milk

IntraWO

1:40pm-2:50pm-2 small white potatoes, 1 cup raw milk, spoonful coc. oil.

PWO

3pm-400mg mag, 1g Vit C, greens,berries.

3:10pm-3/4oz liver, 4000IU Vit D.

4-5pm-4 eggs, 2 meatballs, some greens, 500mg turmeric, dark choc.

6:45pm-load of pastured chicken, brussel sprouts, small dark choc., water, 15mg zinc, 400mg mag, 500mg turmeric.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7910

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU

WOD: 3 sets

[-4 Chair Dips(2121)/1:40 rest

-4 Pull ups(2121)/1:40 rest

-Ring Strength 1(minus MU + roll)

-Lower Leg Prehab A/B

-5min Rest]

5x15s/60s rests

-Tuck L-sit Hang(90/90)

-XR Plank Hold

-German Hang

2x10 Wall Ext(303 tempo)

Notes:

-Hard, but felt really good today. FSP Pre-req very good, 4 dips/pulls hard, but perfect form on all. Will keep same rep/set scheme for next time around. Lsit hang and Plank holds very ab trying today...plank walks yesterday definitely hit them hard.

Other:

-Slizz shoulder stretch(12positions x 30s)

Josh Schmitter
Bobby B said:
Hello. Me again.

I think I need to scale down to Plank Walks too but I'm not sure exactly how to do them with feet elevated. I get the feeling I'm missing something really obvious here. Also, was walking 36 steps just an amount of volume that works for you or is that a recommended amount?

Thanks again for your help

Hey, welcome back. I was wondering who was going to be the first to ask :). Congratulations, you win...the answer, before anyone else. Just to warn you it is very bootleg, but that's how I roll. I use a large rubbermaid container upside down(which is about hip height), then stack a few floor pillows on top. This slides pretty easy on my hardwood, but I put an old curtain under to help it slide even more. If you're on carpet you might be able to get away with just the bin with the lid on maybe...for outside(cement, etc) I would think a dolly on the bottom with anything you could stack on would work golden.

http://www.amazon.com/Simtec-Fun-Slides ... B0006MXPYU

I used to have a pair of these which slid really well on carpet, so attach them to the rubbermaid container or some substitute thereof. I believe they still sell them at target too.

As for the steps, that's just what feels right to me, and ends up being back and forth across the space I have to work with. I will probably start adding regular CWW in very slowly, but that's still a little ways away.

Thanks again for dripping in...or dropping in if you prefer.

Bobby B

Good stuff! This actually gives me a few ideas of how to get this to work. I have a few furniture sliders already so i'll try feet on floor first and then elevate to increase difficulty when required.

Thanks again

Josh Schmitter
Bobby B said:
Good stuff! This actually gives me a few ideas of how to get this to work. I have a few furniture sliders already so i'll try feet on floor first and then elevate to increase difficulty when required.

Thanks again

Ah, I can't believe I didn't think of that. I have a ton of those too, ha. Thank you.

Josh Schmitter

Sleep: Eh, little one restless half the night, awoke feeling very tired. Very sore today too...pushed a little too hard w/ Slizz's shoulder stretch I think...upper back mostly.

Eats:

8:30am-coc.oil, fish oil, 500mg turmeric, 1/2 tangelo, water. Felt a little sick after this...too much fat maybe. Also feel very sore today, but have been working hard and didn't sleep great. Just hope this isn't the start of feeling like crap permanently again :).

10:30-11:30am-4 eggs, some ice cream, dark choc., 6000IU Vit D, 1g Vit C, leftover chicken w/ skin and gelatin

1:30pm-some cottage cheese w/ cinnamon, pinch of honey, and a handful of blueberries, 15mg zinc, 500mg turmeric

3:30pm-half small banana

4:30pm-more scavenging of the chicken.

6:30pm-some chicken soup made from bone broth, bunch of veggies, also had 400mg mag, 500mg turmeric, some fish oil, coc. oil. 15mg zinc.

7:30pm-loads of greens, some mixed nuts. Still a little hungry...who knows what's next.

Other:

All throughout the day:

-Unweighted curls: 3x20 bicep/15 tricep

-Cuban Press w/ Stick: 2x10

-German Hang floor stretch: 2x30s

-Pain Free back stretch

Josh Schmitter

Sleep: Eh...went down early(10ish) and woke up I'm not sure when. Was in and out for a while, probably should have just gotten up. I felt really tired(but this was probably due to oversleeping), but whenever I would almost fall asleep I would start getting uncomfortable/sore and have to stretch out/move around. A lot of congestion/mucus all morning, but most of the soreness has gone.

Eats:

9am-about 10 raisins, water

-Feeling a little foggy headed/just all around blah so ate a little early and more than usual

12pm-4 eggs, big sweet potato w/ big butter and cinnamon, 3/4oz liver, 2000IU Vit D, 1g Vit C, 500mg Turmeric.

-Felt better after this.

12:45pm-coffee(little more than usual)

1:20pm-greens,berries, 1cup raw milk

1:45-2:50pm-2 small white potatoes, 1cup raw milk.

3:45-4:30pm-bunch of cucumber, a can salmon, 15mg zinc, 500mg turmeric, 1 avocado, 3/4oz liver, 4000IU Vit D.

6:30pm-brocolli, white fish, loads of butter.

10:45pm-some late night post-laser tag ice cream and dark chocolate.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7927

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU

WOD: 3 sets of each/rx'd rests

1 Embedded BL + 5 Tempo FL Pulls = 15s German Hang + 3 Tempo Pulls(2 bands last set)/3 Tempo Rows([degrees]145[/degrees])

1 Embedded L-sit + 5 Chest Roll to HeS = 15s L-sit(90/90) + 3 Tempo Pike Pushups/3 tempo XR Pushups

1 Embedded FL + 5 Tempo L-sit Lifts = 15s L-sit Hang(90/90) + 5 Tempo Tuck V-ups

Yes, Ok...I skipped the BWW. I am however, going to laser tag tonight and there are a lot of movements similar to them, so I didn't want to kill myself for tomorrow.

Notes: Worked very hard today.

-Tried tuck FL Pulls just to see...got through 3 before scaling back. Even the 3 rows after the pulls were rough in the forearms...that top hold(esp. at 4s) is still getting me. Should have used the bands on all the pulls.

-Pike Pushups as vertical as possible w/ feet on ground.

-30s rests for sets of 3/3

-Also, probably should have shorted the tempos for at least some, as how I broke it up ended up being more TUT.

Josh Schmitter

Sleep: Solid. 11:15-8:15.

Eats:

9:30am-water, pear

10:15am-some butter...yep, a bite of butter

12:45pm-sweet potato w/ cinnamon and more butter, little cottage cheese, too much dark choc(3 large squares) and ice cream..was just craving it today.

1pm-coffee

2pm-3pm-greens,berries, 2 small white potatoes, water, 2 cups raw milk, 400mg mag, 1g Vit C.

3:45pm-4:30pm-4 eggs, some leftover brussel sprouts, broccoli, white fish...not very hungry, but ate. 15mg zinc, 500mg turmeric, 6000IU Vit D.

6:30pm-couple sushi rolls(eel and avocado), 15mg zinc, 500mg turmeric, 400mg mag.

8:15-dark choc. + ice cream...can't get enough.

-Rushed workout today, so I was gulping down food during it. Don't know if that's why, but have been really sore in the upper back/almost an acid reflux type thing going in the chest area. Hopefully just due to too much too fast

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7931

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU

WOD:4 rounds/Rx'd Rests

2 – Back Pulls = 2 German Hang pulls(1st round only, all subsequent rounds:1 GH pull, then slow negative down to GH)

5 – Wide Grip L-pullups = 8 Pullups(4 band assist)

10 – FL Pulls = 8 Rows(145 degrees)

15’ Cirque = 10 Towel Rows, almost standing straight up

Notes:

-had to go down to 1 GH Pull/1 negative for rounds 2-4. Rushed for time today. Literally finished the last set of towel rows and was out the door. Cooking eggs during rounds 3+4...gulping down too much food too quick. Worked hard again, the GH pulls are still rough, but I think I am getting more comfortable/learning which muscles I need to use more of(i.e. abs).

Josh Schmitter

Sleep:Friday night - eh, little in and out in the morning. Not great. Saturday night- Same thing...think it was because I had a late night snack, which I never do. Woke up at 10am...yes 10am. Felt like a train hit me, as I was probably all out of cycle whack, but at least I got some sleep Other than this, I felt good physically/sore-wise both days.

Eats:

Saturday-Soon after waking had Fage full fat yogurt w/ some honey, cinnamon, berries...1 pear in the afternoon. Was at a dinneresque party most of the day partially watching some mixed age children. This took it's toll on the ankles/calves as I'm not used to being on my feet for so long without a good long squat, etc. On the plus side there were plenty of meatballs, chicken, bacon wrapped peppers, etc, so I had good eats...only half a brownie for crap. Had some dark choc. and ice cream back at home, then late night cottage cheese which was probably not a good idea

Sunday-Same yogurt deal after waking. Normal supplements of Vit D, C, Turmeric...had some valerian as well. Had a huge salad with olive oil along with 4 eggs for lunch. A bite of coc. oil here and there. Too many coc. balls made with shredded coconut and just enough milk and cinnamon to hold them together. 1/2 banana. Dinner= stuffed peppers, the stuff being basamati rice and beef. Ate a bunch. 15mg zinc, 400mg mag, 500mg turmeric.

Other:

Ido's Shoulder/Scap Routine, 3x10 dislocates w/ stick.

Josh Schmitter

Sleep:

Eats:

8:30am -water, pear - I think I might start going w/ berries and/or citrus here as the pears seem to give me some cramping.

11am-1 coconut ball

12:40pm-1oz liver, some leftover beef, sweet potato w/ butter and cinnamon, water, dark chocolate, 500mg turmeric, 1g Vit C, 2000IU Vit D.

1pm-coffee

1:45pm-greens, berries, 1 cup raw milk

2:15-3pm-white potatoes, 1 cup raw milk

3:10pm-1 oz liver, berries, greens.

4:30pm-4 eggs and salad, 500mg turmeric, 4000IU vit D, 1g Vit C, 400mg Mag

5pm-small piece of apple pie and a cookie...eh, happy I didn't eat the entire pie :). Control is the point, not that I ate some shit.

6:30pm-4 large turkey balls, some green beans, 15mg zinc, 400mg mag, 500mg turmeric. 1 coconut ball, water.

8pm-water, 1 coc. ball.

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU(Felt really good today)

WOD:Rx'd rests

3x5 Half GHR

3x10 SLS(unweighted)

3x5 HeS RLL

About 1.5 hrs after WO: 4x15s Straddle L bent, Leg Day Stretching, Ido's Squat Routine, Some lacrosse ball work on glutes and back.

Notes:

-Pre-reqs felt super good today. WOD felt hard, but good. SLS rough at the middle of last set, but definitely should be able to weight these soon :). I'm hopefully going to get my bands set up so I can do full ROM NLC soon, so we'll see how that feels. The HeS RLL were hard, but feel better than last.

-I feel like the plank walks have really helped my abs even with the short amount of time since I've implemented them. I guess it makes sense if I miss the full benefit of other ab work in the WOD's due to certain scaling down(i.e. regular pulls for L-sit Pulls, or FL pulls breaking into pulls and rows).

Josh Schmitter

Sleep: It's been the same for the past few nights. Seems solid, but waking up early(have to guess 6-7ish) with some back pain in my normal spot. I'm going to just get up next time as it is daylight usually...also going to try adding a nice board to my bed to sleep on :)

Eats:

8:30am-half orange, water(no stomach issues with orange)

11am-1 coc. ball

12:30pm-1.5 coc. balls, 1 meatball, 3/4 oz liver, 1 square dark choc, sweet potato w/ butter and cinnamon, 2000IU Vit D, 1g Vit C, 500mg turmeric, couple spoons ice cream

1pm-coffee

1:15pm-greens, berries

1:30-3pm-2 cups raw milk, white potatoes, water

3:10pm-400mg mag, 1g Vit C, 4000IU Vit D, 3/4 oz liver

4pm-4 eggs, 15mg zinc, 500mg turmeric(stomach feeling a little crampage)

5pm-tin of sardines

7pm-some roasted sweet potato, brussel sprouts, salmon w/ skin, 1 coc. ball;the last :(. 15mg zinc, 500mg turmeric, 400 mg mag.

8:15pm- had some red wine for the first time in a long while. Just trying to numb my back a little/see how it effects my sleep. Not planning on bringing it on every night, but perhaps every now and again. Also, every red wine I have ever had tastes like sharpie marker mixed with vinegar, so no, I am not a lover :).

http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewto ... =12&t=7953

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU

WOD:

1x10 Wrist Pushups on knees

2x 52ft+-/80 steps Plank Walks, feet slightly above hip height(2min rest)

2x5 Pike Press HeS

2x10 Straddle Press HeS

HSPU Ladders:3 Rounds, 6 wall runs between each, 5min rest between 1/2 rounds

-5 Pike Pushups 2nd step

-3 Pike Pushups(49in from wall)

-2 Full ROM dips

1x10 Wrist Pushups on knees

Notes:

-Everything very hard today...pre-reqs, Straddle HeS presses were super hard, Ladders very difficult even from the 1st round. I think yesterdays leg day just beat out my posterior chain/core. Ladders did get slightly easier as I went through, but not much.

Other:

-Novel Movements for wrist

-Lower Leg Prehab A/B

Josh Schmitter

Sleep:Rocked a sleeping bag on my half GHR wooden board, on my mattress last night. Good news is I definitely feel less sore than I have in a while, as well as somewhat refreshed....bad news, I know I was up a lot of the night. We'll try it again tonight.

Eats:

Rocking a fast today, see how it goes. I just feel like my stomach needs a break. Had half an orange this morning, but that is all.

6:30pm-turkey w/ lots of bacon, tons of veggies on lettuce w/ homemade mayo(kinda disastrous), some cottage cheese w/ cinnamon, pinch of honey, frozen berries, some dark choc. few bites of ice cream. 400mg mag, 15mg zinc. 1 pear, some coc. oil. Bam.

Other:

Novel Movements for wrist

Slizz Shoulder Stretch(12 positions x 20s)

-Back and everything in general felt really good today. Might have to start rocking fasts once a week again.

Josh Schmitter

Sleep:Not great...not great. I think the board is going to go tonight. Either that or I'm going to layer some more padding on top. Really need to get a foam mat or something...something w/ a little more padding. I just don't think I have the motivation to try a potential week + of bad sleep to only possibly get used to it. Back hurting since last night again...thinking back it could be related to eating as I ate last night after a fast...maybe I'll just stop...eating that is.

Eats:

9:30am-1/3 of banana

11am-4 eggs w/ some cheese, bit of onions and mushrooms, water, dark chocolate, coc. oil.

12:45pm-sweet potato w/ butter, 1oz liver, 2000IU Vit D, 1g Vit C

1:15pm-coffee

1:30-3:05pm - Greens berries, 2 cups raw milk, 400mg mag, 1g Vit C

3:45-4:30pm-1oz Liver and mixed rice in olive oil w/ brussel sprouts and some broccoli, and turkey, fist sized amount of salmon, 4000IU Vit D, 15mg zinc, 500mg Turmeric.

6:45pm-loads of pastured chicken, greens beans and butter. 400mg mag, 15mg zinc...reminder to have fish oil later.

8:30pm-coc. oil, couple bites of ice cream, fish oil, 1g Turmeric.

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU

WOD:rx'd rests

5m Senders

5 Box Jumps(no height change)

5m Senders

10 Squat Jumps(on grass)

5m Senders

5 Depth Jumps(off car)

about an hour later-Leg day stretching

Notes:

-I imagine this is a deload day, but it also, however the intention lies, feels like coach scaled this one just for me :). Perfect.

Other:

-Lacrosse ball rolling on glutes and back. Back felt better after this, also had a contrast shower around 6pm which felt really good as well.