This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

TANSTAAFL-The Epoch of Man...umm, I mean, WO Log

Started by Josh Schmitter, July 14, 2011 · 224 Replies · 10,542 Views

Josh Schmitter
Vincearoo said:
Hey, I mostly came by just to say thanks for consistently posting your scaling for the WOD. It helps me quite a bit. Hope you're progressing well.

I also saw while looking right now that you wake up and drink some water and then eat a couple hours later. What's the reasoning behind that?

Hey, thanks for stopping by and the kind words. Appreciate it much. As far as progressing, I really can't wait to hopefully get to a seminar this coming year as I am stuck in a lot of aspects...mostly in having too many options and not knowing where to go for maximum progress. That being said, my scaling is far from perfect, so don't pass the blame this way if you follow me off the cliff :).

The not eating until later is an intermittent fasting protocol used/promoted by tons of people(especially in the paleo community) and most recently popularized by Martin Berkhan over at Leangains.com. I don't use it so much for fat loss as much as all the benefits you get from fasting. There's also a lot pointing to humans, as a species, not having access to food all the time, especially every morning. I believe Slizzardman follows a similar protocol these days, w/ a bit more to it. Read through Slizzarman's nutrition article if you haven't(viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4870), there's tons of great stuff in there. There's some good stuff about fasting/diet over at Gnolls.com and EatStopEat.com of the top of my head. I have tons of links so if your interested I could put something a little more intelligible together for ya. Thanks again.

Vincent Stoyas

I know what you mean about having too many options. I think I'm going to follow the wod for 2 months and then design my own ssc and compare the two. The wod is probably far superior, but the ssc seems like it will be nice and specialized. Time will show.

Haha and thanks, but no thanks on the nutrition information. I like to poor my nose around from time to time to see what's going on, but I don't want to delve into it. I don't have the money to have a good nutrition program and I don't want to feel like crap after reading how important it is. Janurary or February I should have a better flow of money, so I may take your offer then!

Josh Schmitter

Yeah, the WOD is far superior if you scale perfectly, and therein lies the rub. I might also switch to a SSC in a while, but taking on the project of putting that together is not happening anytime soon. I hear ya about the nutrition; no sense focusing on something that is yet out of your control. See ya around.

Josh Schmitter

Sleep:Eh...went to bed normal time around 10:30pm, up early...like maybe 6ish. Couldn't really get back to sleep, but felt tired. Brain awake, nothing else...the liver maybe? Back feeling good.

Eats:

10am-Was hungry so I ate early today. 4 eggs, some cheese, water, 1 square dark choc.

PreWO

12pm-small sweet potato, 1oz liver, 1gVit C, 2000IU Vit D, 500mg Turmeric

12:30pm-coffee

1pm-1cup raw milk, greens/berries

During WO Felt pretty nauseous during and after until about 3:30ish.

1:15-2:10pm-1 cup raw milk, water

PWO

2:50pm - 1oz beef liver, enzymes, 4000IU Vit D. Water.

3:45pm-big serving of white fish, some broccoli, 500mg turmeric, enzymes, water...feeling a little better.

6:30pm-2 sushi rolls, water, 15mg zinc, 400mg mag asp, 500mg turmeric.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7696

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU

WOD:4 Rounds/Rx'd rests

1 GH pull(slight foot assist on about half for the ascent)

10 Towel Pulls, foot assist

1 GH pull

10 Body Rows(145 degrees to floor)

1 GH pull

5 Pullups(4 pallet band)

Notes:

-Got through, but still feeling really fuzzy headed/slightly nauseous since yesterday afternoon. GH pulls always add to the nausea.

Josh Schmitter

Sleep: Blah...kid in and out most of the night, me the same, but didn't feel too bad this morning other than some tricep soreness and a little cold like blahness.

Eats:

10am-half banana, 4 eggs w/ cheese, some dark chocolate, onions, coc. oil., water, 500mg turmeric, 6000IU vit D, 1g Vit C.

rest of day- some cottage cheese, too much chocolate, load of pastured chicken, green beans, more 1000mg turmeric, 1g Vit. C, 30mg Zinc, 400mg Mag. 2 cups milk....prob.more I'm forgetting

Other:

-Ido's Shoulder/Scap routine(3x10 dislocates)

Josh Schmitter

Sleep:Eh, up kinda early, not sure when. Not fully awake/asleep for a while.

Eats:

8am-water

10am-water

Pre WO

12pm-1oz liver, water, a bit of egg, few bite of chicken, 500mg turmeric, 1g Vit C, 2000IU Vit D, some coc. oil.

12:30pm-Coffee

1pm-greens/berries, 1 cup raw milk

During WO

1:20pm-2:30pm-1 cup raw milk, couple SMALL handfuls of dried fruit, water

PWO

2:30pm-greens/berries, 400mg Mag. asp., 1g Vit C

2:50pm-4000IU Vit D, 500mg Turmeric, 1oz liver, water

3:40pm-5pm-Digestive enzymes, 4 egg omelet w/ cheese, water, sweet potato w/ butter and cinnoman, half of a big salad consiting of spinach, 1 can salmon, carrots, loads of olive oil.

6:45pm-bunch of country pork ribs, broccoli swimming in butter, some fish oil, 500mg Turmeric, 15mg zinc, 400mg mag.

WOD

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7712

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU

Ido's Squat Routine

WOD: 3 rounds/Rx'd rests

40’ Squat Jumps(Avg. 6 jumps)

10 Weighted Overhead Lunges(23kg plate)

5 Half GHR

3x10 Hip Ext(60s set rest)

-2x10 front/side(2121)

-1x10 circle(10s)

Notes:

-Hip ext. and OL very tough today, other than that, AOK.

Other:

-Slizz's shoulder stretch(12 positions x 20s)

-Novel Movements for wrist/elbow

-Hangman yoga stretch against wall

(http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xc6ydk ... _lifestyle)

Josh Schmitter

Sleep:Felt pretty solid, but still had about an hour of in and out(clockwork orange indeed) and feeling pretty drained upon waking. Little cold/congestion as well...possibly all the pork for dinner

Eats:

8am-water

PreWO

11:50am-water, 1 cup raw milk, 1oz liver, 2000IU vit. D, 1g Vit C, 500mg Turmeric, some chicken, half a fist full of sweet potato.

12:30pm-coffee

12:55pm-greens/berries

IntraWO

1:20-2:55pm-2 slightly bigger than golf ball white potatoes, 1 cup raw milk, water, greens/berries

PWO

2:55pm-1 cup raw milk, 1g Vit C, 1oz Liver, 4000IU vit. D, spoonful of coc. oil.

3:45pm-4 egg omelet, onions, 500mg turmeric, digestive enzymes, 15mg zinc, water, medium banana

5pm-leftover salad with olive oil, some salmon, carrots, spinach, water

8:15pm-1 chicken drumstick, slightly smaller than fist sized sweet potato dripping with butter/cinnamon(yes, dripping with cinnamon), 1 square dark chocolate, water, fish oil, 400mg mag, 15mg zinc, 500mg turmeric.

9om-some almond butter

WOD

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7714

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU(Felt really good today)

WOD:

1x10 Wrist Pushups on knees

2 CWW, *messed with Plank walks for distance *

2x5 Pike Press HeS

2x10 Straddle Press HeS

HSPU Ladders:3 Rounds, 6 wall runs between each, 5min rest between 1/2 rounds

-5 Pike Pushups 2nd step

-3 Pike Pushups(49in from wall)

-2 Full ROM dips

1x10 Wrist Pushups on knees

Notes:

*(9ft/16 steps) x 4 for Plank walks(reverse Ag walks). Need to work out specifics for the plank walks...i.e. 1 CWW = how many steps/distance for plank walk? Once that's worked out I also need to see how many regular CWW to do before switching up, but that isn't a big deal. Also making a little dolly so I can pile stuff on it to raise my feet up making it harder if/when it needs to be.

-wall runs felt really good(probably from not killing myself doing too many CWW), still almost failing at the last rep of dips when it's at the end of a 1st half round. No problem when it's starting the 2nd half.

Josh Schmitter

Sleep:Eh, same ol' these days...up early(but not really up) then lying in bed for around an hour. I'm going to force myself to get up next time. Still going to bed pretty steady at 10:30pm(ish) and usually up around 6 or 7am for that hour of blah.

Eats:

8am-2 cups salted water, 1 pear

9:30am-spoonful coc. oil, 500mg turmeric, 6000IU Vit D, 1g Vit C.

11:20am-4 eggs, bout 1/2 large onion, 1 square dark choc., water, some carrots.

12:30pm-1 large fage full fat yogurt w/ a pinch of honey, lots of cinnamon, small handful of dried fruit and berries.

2:15pm-few bites of ice cream, some almond butter, 1 chicken drumstick, fish oil

4:30pm-boatload of leftover chicken, fish oil, 1 square dark choc., 500mg turmeric, 15mg zinc, 200mg mag, water.

8:40pm-Bit of cottage cheese w/ small handful of dried fruit, some almond butter, 500mg turmeric, 15mg zinc, 200mg mag, water.

Other:

Ido's Shoulder/Scap Routine(3x10 dislocates)

Lower leg Prehab A/B

Novel Movements for lower back

Josh Schmitter

Sleep:Felt good. Down at 10:30pm, up around 7:30am. Didn't feel perfect, but much better than I have been...i.e. not waking up and lying in bed for an hour. Possibly woke at the end of a cycle today...hopefully it will continue.

Eats:

8am-salted water, 1 pear

10:20am-1 large fage yogurt w/ pinch of honey, about 15 raisins, and cinnamon. 500mg turmeric, 1g vit. C, enzymes, brussel sprouts, water w/ wakame

12:15pm-some almond butter, dark chocolate, water, 500mg turmeric, 200mg mag.

3:20pm-150g sweet potato w/ cin. and butter, some tea, 500mg turmeric, Load of spinach.

-Had some stomach issues after this...the sweet potato does me in every time if I have too much. Still not absolutely sure if it has anything to do w/ the cinnamon at all.

6:30pm-1 large burger w/ some cheese, bunch of broccoli, asparagus, some tomato, water, magnesium, zinc.

8:30pm-too much almond butter, water.

Josh Schmitter

Sleep: 10:30pm - 7:30am. Felt solid, feeling pretty good.

Eats:

8:40am-salted water, 1 orange.

PreWO

12pm-1oz Liver, 80g sweet potato w/ butter, 1 cup raw milk, 4000IU vit D, 1g Vit C, 500mg Turmeric, very little leftover eggs, 1 square dark choc.

12:30pm-Coffee

12:55pm-greens/berries

IntroWO

1:30pm-2:10pm-1 golf ball sized potato, 1 cup raw milk, water.

PWO

2:13pm-Greens/berries, 400mg Mag, 1g Vit C.

2:50pm-1oz liver, 2000IU vit D, digestive enzymes

4pm-leftover burger, 3 eggs, asparagus, water, 500mg turmeric, digestive enzymes, 15mg zinc

6:40pm-roasted brussel sprouts and very little white potato, good serving of white fish, all in coc. oil, 500mg turmeric, 15mg zinc, 400mg mag. fish oil

8pm-almond butter, fish oil, couple spoonfuls cottage cheese.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7737

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU(x2 rounds)

Ido's Squat routine

2 rounds/rx'd rests

15’ Senders

12 Jumping Deck Squats

15’ Senders

8 GHR Half(almost no angle at knees/i.e. [degrees]90[/degrees])

15’ Senders

4 Depth Jumps

Leg day stretching(4pm)

Josh Schmitter

Sleep:Felt pretty blah upon waking. Definitely that out of cycle wake up; 'awake but too tired to get up so just have to lie there a bit' type action.

Eats:

8:30am-salted water, 1 orange

10am-some black mango tea...feeling a little lightheaded/nauseous after this, very strange

10:30am-1 square dark choc. Feeling better.

PreWO

11:40am-few bites of eggs, water, about 80g sweet potato with lots of butter, 1oz liver, 2000IU Vit D, 1g Vit C, 500mg Turmeric.

12:30pm-coffee

12:50pm-greens/berries, 1 cup raw milk.

IntraWO

1:20pm-2:40pm-1 cup raw milk, raisins.

PWO

2:40pm-greens/berries, 1g Vit C, 400mg Mag.

2:55pm-1oz liver, 4000IU vitD, valerian root, water, 1 spoonful coc. oil.

3:40pm-4 eggs w/ onions+ cheese, 500mg turmeric, 15mg zinc, 1 med. banana, enzymes, water.

4:45pm-good amount of white fish, some brussel sprouts/very little potato, loads of broccoli.

7pm-Good amount of meat, 500mg turmeric, 15mg zinc, 400mg mag, valerian root, 1 spoonful coc. oil, a few spoonfuls farm made ice cream with almond butter, fish oil.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7756

General WU

FSP Pre-req WU

Wrist Routine

WOD: 3 rounds

[-3 Chair Dips(2121)/1:40 rest

-3 Pull ups(2121)/1:40 rest

-Ring Strength 1(minus MU + roll)

-Lower Leg Prehab A/B

-5min Rest]

-2 more set of 3 dips/pulls

5x15s/60s rests

-Tuck L-sit Hang(90/90)

-XR Plank Support

-German Hang

2x10 Wall Ext(303 tempo)

Notes:

-Dips/Pulls felt really good, better than last time. Depending on how I'm feeling next ring day I will either keep it constant for 1 more or go up to 3x4.

-Statics felt much easier than normal, especially GH...don't get me wrong, it still ain't the most comfortable thing in the world, and I'm not fully extended at the hips, but it's feeling better.

Other:

-Slizz's Shoulder Stretch(20s x 12 positions)

-Cobra stretch against wall

Josh Schmitter

Sleep:o, the irony. Started taking some valerian root PWO and before bed yesterday, so I felt like I had the worst sleep I've had in a while. It could easily be completely unrelated as well, just funny. I felt like I was up for a long while in the middle of the night, and when I was sleeping, in and out. Also had serious dry mouth, but upon waking no such problem. On the ironic plus side, I am not sore at all, and don't feel like I slept that poorly...who knows. Could also be I haven't been getting much sun/outside exposure the past few days.

Eats:

-Same ol' pretty much today other than too much ice cream.

Josh Schmitter

Sleep:Felt pretty good. Still lying in bed for about an hour going in and out, but felt good upon waking

Eats:

8:30am-salted water

10:30am-salted water

PreWO

12:15pm-water, 1oz liver, 2000IU vit D, 1g Vit. C, 500mg Turmeric, some Coc. oil, 100g sweet potato w/ butter + cin.

12:30pm-coffee

12:50pm-1cup raw milk, berries/greens

IntraWO

1:10pm-2:15pm-2 golf ball sized white potatoes, 1 cup raw milk, water

PWO

2:20pm-greens, berries, 400mg mag, 1g Vit. C., water w/ wakame

2:50pm-1oz liver, 4000IU vit D, digestive enzymes, water w/ wakame

3:50pm-Load of chicken, green peas, onoins, 500mg turmeric, 15mg zinc, enzymes, little cheese.

4:30pm-Rest of above.

6:30pm-some coc. oil, 500mg turmeric, 15mg zinc, 400mg mag, bit of meat then off to laser tag

9pm-About 4000 cookies at laser tag :)...but really :(

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7786

General WU

FSP Pre-req WU

Wrist Routine

WOD:3 sets each

15s GH + 5 Tempo XR Rows([degrees]160ish[/degrees])

15s Lsit Bent + 5 Tempo XR Pu

15s List Hang(90/90) + 5 Tempo Body Levers(adv. tuck)

10 BWW(5,5/straight arms only few steps)

Notes:

-WU sets wrist routine Pu, floor Pu, some standing XR rows.

-Tried full XR rows on floor(almost back to floor), still can't keep it up w/ tempo. The top hold just kills with the palms touching pecs.

-Everything else felt pretty good, XR Pu felt very good.

Other:

-Ido's Shoulder/Scap Routine(3x10 dislocates)

-Laser tag 8-10pm

Josh Schmitter

Sleep:Felt good. Laser tag last night was the first time I've been out doing something active at night in a long while so I wasn't sure about sleep, but seems to have gone ok...except for all the cookies there. Felt good upon waking, got up a little early too(7:15am)...asleep around 10:45pm

Eats:

7:40am-Loads of water

10am-spoonful of butter while cooking :)

PreWO

12pm-2 eggs, some onions, 1oz liver, 1g Vit C, 2000IU vit D, 500mg Turmeric, some almond butter

12:30pm-coffee

12:50pm-greens/berries, rest of coffee

IntraWO

1:10pm-2pm-greens/berries, water.

PWO

2:10pm-greens/berries, 1g Vit C, 400mg Mag.

2:35pm-1oz liver, 4000IU vit D, enzymes

4pm-2eggs, onions, some ground meat broccoli, 500mg turmeric, 15mg zinc, enzymes

6:15pm-Bunch of pastured chicken w/ skin, 500mg turmeric, 15mg zinc, 400mg Mag, asparagus with load of butter, water.

8pm-fish oil, coc. oil

gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7791

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU(2 rounds)

WOD:2 rounds/rests as rx'd

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL(felt really strong)

5 explosive pike PU on 2nd step

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

10 clapping PU 3rd step

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

20 PU 4th step

2x10 Wrist PU on knees

Notes:

-Only 2 rounds(WOD + FSP WU) today as I am following Ido's recommendation of deloading every 2-5 WO, 40-60%. Felt super good today, but even so I didn't want to jinx myself and overdo things. I was out last night getting more work in than have normally done so I'd rather play it safe and keep feeling good.

-Even 20 PU on the 4th step were trying toward the end of the 2nd round. Whenever I have to do a good amount of reps after some hard stuff, my endurance craps.

Josh Schmitter

Sleep:Pretty good, went down a little late(11:15ish), up at 8:30am

Eats:

8:45am-water

11am-large fage full fat yogurt w/ few raisins, frozen berries, pinch of honey and lots of cinnamon. 500mg turmeric.

1pm-good amount of ground meat w/ greens and green beans in a little olive oil. water. 1g vit C, 6000IU vit D.

2:30pm-rest of above, a few spoonfuls of peanut butter and farm made ice cream w/ little dark chocolate.

Lost track a bit on here...ate good as well as Sunday. Lots of chicken, ground meat, mixed greens and the regular supplements. Just had some eggs(sunday night 8:40pm) and onions...just felt like I should have them :).

Josh Schmitter

Sleep: Uhg...felt like death upon waking. Perhaps eating so close before bed(haven't had a big meal that time in a while), or going down a little earlier(10pm-ish) just killed my cycle...I dunno. Not sore, just dead.

Eats:

8:30am-salted water, 1 clementine.

more water throughout morn.

PreWO

12:30pm-100g sweet potato swimming in butter, 1oz liver, 2000IU vit. D, 1g Vit C., 500mg Turmeric, some chicken.

1pm-coffee

1:30pm-greens/berries, 1 cup raw milk

IntraWO

1:50pm-2:45pm-2 golf ball white potatoes, 1 cup raw milk, lots of water.

2:50pm-400mg Mag, 1g Vit. C, anything left of above.

3:15pm-1 oz liver, water, 4000IU Vit. D

4pm-Lots of fish and chicken with fat/glycerin and some alfredo sauce(leftover fish was in), 500mg turmeric, 15mg Zinc, Enzymes

7:45pm-4 eggs loaded in butter, onions in coc. oil, few pieces of bacon, 500mg turmeric , 15mg zinc, 400mg Mag, fish oil, a bit of peanut butter and farm made ice cream, a handful of frozen berries w/ cinnamon.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7811

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU

Ido's Squat Routine

3 rounds/rests as Rx'd

10 Killers(30lbs)

5 Arch-ups(212 Tempo)

20m Sled Sprint(81lbs up slight incline)

5 Weighted HeS RLL

4x15s Straddle Low Bent(60s between sets)

Notes:

-Worked very hard today, though didn't increase anything. Even FSP WU was especially trying...

-Making a point to do actual weighted RLL next time/figure out a good weight as HeS RLL are just too much sometimes.

-Tried sled sprints w/ large rock(would total est. 111lbs w/ sled); let's just say that was a mistake :).

Other:

-Slizz's shoulder stretch

Josh Schmitter

Sleep:To bed around 10:30pm, up around 9am. Felt even more like death this morning...lots of in and out, tossing and turning, dreams about running, roller coasters, lots of physical tension involved. Possible reasons: I noticed the alfredo sauce had wheat flour in it it, albeit as a last ingredient, I haven't had much of any wheat in a long while. I have also been a little bit lower carb lately, somewhat unconsciously, so I might have to sneak in some more salads, veggies, and sweet potatoes.

Eats:

9:15am-water, 1 clementine

10pm-some coc. oil, ice cream, dark chocolate...start the day right :).

PreWO

12:30pm-100g sweet potato w/ little butter, 1oz liver, 4000IU Vit d, 1g Vit C, wakame water, some chicken.

1pm-coffee

1:30pm-greens/berries, 1 cup raw milk

IntraWO

1:50-3:08pm 2 small white potatoes, 1 cup raw milk, greens/berries, wakame water

PWO

3:10pm-400mg mag, 1g Vit C, greens/berries

3:30pm-1oz liver, 2000IU Vit D.

4pm-3 egg omelet w/ cheese, 15mg zinc, enzymes, 500mg turmeric

5:45pm-some ground meat and big salad of mixed greens w/ olive oil. 400mg mag, 15mg zinc, 500mg turmeric, some coc. oil, some sweet potato w/ cin. and butter.

Little at a loss today as I'm feeling really blah/sore from yesterday and who knows what else. Not sure if I should push through today, scale down more so than usual, or take an extra rest day. Ironically when I feel like this early in the day, my workouts tend to feel really good/easier than normal. Right now I'm leaning toward pushing through and then seeing how I feel tomorrow/Thurs.

-Pushing through turned out correct...this further highlights the irony of feeling like crap in the morning/waking up and having a really good workout. It's got me stumped.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7818

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU

1x10 Wrist PU on knees

2x 26ft/32 steps Plank Walks, feet slightly above hip height(2min rest)

2x5 Pike Press HeS(2min rest)

2x10 Straddle Press HeS(5 min rest)

HS Cycles(Stomach to Wall/floor HS): Wrist about 5" away from wall

-1x10 cycles 30s on/1min rest

-1x10 wrist pushups(knees/5,5)

5min Rest

-1x2 cycles 30s on/1min rest

-1x5 wrist pushups(knees/5,5)

Notes:

-Still messing w/ the Plank walks to find the perfect distance. This seemed about right as it was trying, but perhaps I should go for a little more distance with feet on the floor before raising them...we shall see.

-HeS Pike Presses felt good...still difficult, but easier than normal after doing them the previous day for RLL sub. Straddle ones killer after 6 reps, especially 2nd set.

-Add another cycle /felt much better than last time again. Started to get trying starting around set 5 w/ shrugging the shoulders(but did not fail to do so), but didn't get any discomfort in the front delts where I normally get it after the first few sets. Wrists also felt much more comfortable than normal.

Other:

-Ido's Scap/Shoulder routine(3x10 dislocates)

-Lower Leg prehab A/B

-Cobra stretch on wall-40s

-Pain Free back stretch

-Some leg stretching...hammys and groin a little sore.

Josh Schmitter

Sleep:Good. Woke feeling better than I have in a while. 10:30pm-7am give or take.

Eats:

8am-clementine, water

12:45-1oz liver, sweet potato in coc. oil, some peas, bit of ground beef. 4000IU Vit D, 1g Vit C, 500mg Turmeric, Water

1:20pm-coffee

1:30pm-greens/berries, 1 cup raw milk

1:50pm-2:40pm-1 cup raw milk, 2 small white potatoes, some berries

2:45pm-1g Vit C, 400mg Mag asp., greens/berries

3:00pm-1oz liver, 2000IU Vit. D.

3:50pm-4 eggs cooked in a boatload of pastured butter, 15mg zinc, 500mg turmeric, enzymes

6:30pm-some salmon w/ skin and broccoli w/ water. Very little as I just wasn't too hungry today.

8pm-spoonful coc. oil, 15mg zinc, 400mg mag, 500mg turmeric, fish oil.

WOD:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7839

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU

4 rounds/rx'd rests:

2 – Front Pull Tuck Neg.

8 XR Rows([degrees]145[/degrees])

2 – Front Pull Tuck Neg.

8 Pull ups(5 Pallet Band)

2 – Front Pull Tuck Neg.

10 Towel Rows(about [degrees]106[/degrees]..i.e. almost standing)

Notes:

-Even w/ 5 pallet bands the pulls were still killer on the forearms. Towel rows(changed from pull ups/foot assist) also very hard by second round even though almost standing straight up. I might need to speed up my Front Pull negatives(5s) to alleviate the forearm fatigue.

Other:

-Worked some in/dislocates with dowel, also a 2x10ish reps of cuban press w/ said dowel just working on form and getting used to motion.

Josh Schmitter

Sleep:Pretty good for going to sleep fairly late. 11:45pm-7ish am. Laid in bed for a while, but didn't feel awful upon waking.

Eats:

8am-Water, 1 Pear

PreWO

12:45pm-Sweet potato w/ good amount of butter, bit of leftover salmon, 2000IU Vit. D, 1 g Vit C, 500mg Turmeric, 1 square dark choc., few bites of Peanut Butter and Farm made ice cream(purely for pre-WO nutrition of course:)

1pm-Coffee

1:25pm-Greens/Berries, 1 cup raw milk

IntraWO

1:45-3:10pm-2 small white potatoes, 1.5 cups raw milk

PWO

3:15pm-greens/berries, 400mg mag asp, 1g Vit C

3:45pm-1oz liver, 4000IIU Vit D, 500mg Turmeric.

4:30pm-bunch of leftover salmon w/ some bbq sauce, some broccoli...still not feeling too hungry...dunno.

6pm-grass fed burger, bunch of brussel sprouts and sweet potato all in butter...had to force some of this down. I don't feel I'm getting enough calories the past few days but the kid is getting a cold so perhaps I am fighting that off as well.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7845

General WU

FSP Pre-req WU

Wrist Routine

WOD: 3 rounds

[-3 Chair Dips(2121)/1:40 rest

-3 Pull ups(2121)/1:40 rest

-Ring Strength 1(minus MU + roll)

-Lower Leg Prehab A/B

-5min Rest]

-2 more set of 3 dips/pulls

5x15s/60s rests

-Tuck L-sit Hang(90/90)

-L-sit on table(90/90)

-German Hang

2x10 Wall Ext(303 tempo)

Notes:

-Everything felt super good today. FSP's still not feeling too much easier, but not awful. WOD felt really good. Will definitely up to 4x3 next time for pulls/dips barring unforeseen problems.

Other:

-Novel movements for pelvis/hips

Josh Schmitter

Sleep:Eh...little one has her first real cold so she was in and out. I don't really remember waking a lot, but I'm sure it wasn't a solid sleep

Eats:

8am-1 orange, water

9:30am-Large Fage full fat yogurt w/ a pinch of honey, lots of cinnamon, and a few raisins w/ water, 8000IU Vit D., Large cup of homemade bone broth

2:15pm-4 egg omelet w/ cheese, onions, cooked in butter and coc. oil, 500mg turmeric, 1g Vit C. 1 square dark choc.

Rest of day: Some peanut butter and ice cream(my vice these days, but not loads or anything, just a few large bites of each), loads of pastured chicken, broccoli, sweet potato all swimming in butter, lots of water. zinc and turmeric.

Josh Schmitter

Sleep: Bah, kid still sick so there's that.

Eats: Besides too much PB and Ice Cream ate very well/normal for me.

Other:

-Ido's Shoulder/Scap Routine(3x10 dislocates)

-PVC Rolling(specially on front delts....felt great)

Josh Schmitter

Sleep: Pretty damn good. Kid is on the mend from her first cold(not bad for 17 months of health) and slept much better. I also got an air filter so we'll see how that goes in the long run.

Eats:

8am-water, pear, 1ish cup homemade broth

12:10pm-.5 oz liver, 2000IU vit. D, 1g Vit C, 500mg turmeric, sweet potato w/ butter, some chicken w/ skin, dark chocolate

12:30pm-coffee

12:45pm-greens/berries, 1 cup raw milk

1:10-2:15pm-2 small white potatoes, 1 cup raw milk, water

2:20pm- 400mg mag asp, 1g vit C, spoonful coc. oil.

3pm-Liver, 4000IU Vit D.

4pm-15mg zinc, 500mg turmeric, 4 eggs w/ too many onions and possibly too much coc oil/butter(4:45pm in the bathroom over that one)

5:30pm-4 meatballs in tomato sauce, bunch of green beans, water, 400mg mag.

7pm-water, some leftover chicken

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7863

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU

WOD:3 sets each/rx'd rests

1 Embedded PL + 5 Tempo Wide MU = 15s Lsit(90/90) + 3 Tempo Pulls/3 Tempo dips(Tempo 212)

1 Embedded BL + 5 Tempo Side Lever Pulls = 15s GH + 6 Tempo Arch ups side to side

1 Embedded FL + 5 Tempo Cranks = 15s Lsit Hang(90/90) + 5 Tempo Body Levers(straddle ecc., adv tuck con.)

10 BWW(5,5 only couple steps)

Notes:

-Switched pulls and dips last set, felt same. Pulls were feeling hard, dips were very hard...it's the no rest between them that is rough.

-Should have probably loaded on the weight for supine Wipers as the tempo make the side to side arch ups have more load on the lower back rather than obliques. I held a good hard crunch at the end of each concentric.

-Did a straddle eccentric for the Body Levers. Felt really good, so going to keep that up.

Bobby B

Hello there :) Wanted to say thanks for keeping your log available in this forum. Its helped me tremendously when trying to scale exercises. I've noticed you've recently expressed concern about whether or not your scaling appropriately for your level and are considering a Killroy approach down the track.

In what areas do you think you're scaling is not correct? Do you feel your progress with the WODs is not as you've expected over time?

I'm just about a beginner around here and am curious how others have progressed with the WODs. Any words of experience would be kindly appreciated.

Cheers

Josh Schmitter
Bobby B said:
Hello there :) Wanted to say thanks for keeping your log available in this forum. Its helped me tremendously when trying to scale exercises. I've noticed you've recently expressed concern about whether or not your scaling appropriately for your level and are considering a Killroy approach down the track.

In what areas do you think you're scaling is not correct? Do you feel your progress with the WODs is not as you've expected over time? I'm just about a beginner around here and am curious how others have progressed with the WODs. Any words of experience would be kindly appreciated. Cheers

Thanks for the kind words and stopping by, always glad when someone else can benefit from information passed along. As for scaling, I just feel like I am pushing too hard a lot of the time and don't know the preferred way to scale back further on certain exercises(especially the planes of motion issue). It's not so much I don't have something to scale back to, it is more: Which one of these scale-backs is preferred/will be best for progress. I have definitely made progress, but not nearly as much as I believe I would have made having been to a seminar to fill in all the chasms. A lot of it is also confusion in the Pre-req WU as well that would easily be cleared at a seminar which I hope to get to next time around.

Just a quick example of how my mind works/needs to know why something will work/not work. There's the whole push ups before dips before HSPU general advice from Coach. For WOD's with horizontal(push ups) and vertical(dips/HSPU) planes, if I have to scale back to something like foot assisted Dips for the rx'd reps, would going back to Pushups and doing more quality work be better than barely any work on a mostly foot supported dip. This is just one small problem I come across, and I am always looking to discuss these issues, especially with NON-seminar people as they don't have to worry about leaking info.

Thanks again.

Philip Chubb
For WOD's with horizontal(push ups) and vertical(dips/HSPU) planes, if I have to scale back to something like foot assisted Dips for the rx'd reps, would going back to Pushups and doing more quality work be better than barely any work on a mostly foot supported dip.

A little bit of both actually.