This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 111118

Started by Coach Sommer, November 18, 2011 · 10 Replies · 2,504 Views

Coach Sommer

4fT6m1Pv94k Perform:

2 Side Lever Pulls (one on each side)

1x10 Cast Wall Walks

2 Side Lever Pulls

1x5 Pike Box Press HS

2 Side Lever Pulls

1x10 Straddle Box Press HS

12 cycles of XR Strap HS

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Rest 1-2 minutes between Press HS sets.

2) If Cast Wall Walks are insufficiently challenging, you may perform PL Wall Walks instead. The key difference between these two variations is that the hands will remain behind the shoulders at all times during the descent and ascent of the PL Walks, whereas in the Cast Wall Walks the hands are directly under the shoulders.

3) Remember to adjust the height as necessary during the Box Press HS variations to ensure that the presses are sufficiently challenging.

4) If you cannot press to HS, then press to HeS.

5) If you are strong enough, replace the Box Press HS variations with Press HS from an L-sit on parallets or PBs.

6) If you exceptionally strong, perform the Press HS variations on the XR.

7) Rest 3-5 minutes after completing all of the Press HS work and then begin the XR Strap HS.

8 ) Each XR Strap HS cycle consists of 30 work followed by 45 seconds of rest. Go directly from one cycle to the next with no additional rest.

9) DO NOT come down during the 30 seconds of HS. If you do come down, that cycle does not count towards your total of 12 cycles.

10) To perform XR Strap HS drop your Xtreme Rings down to 6â€-8†from the ground. Now kick up into a handstand widely straddling your legs so that they wrap around the straps. Straighten and lock your arms as much as possible and begin timing your HS.

11) The XR Strap HS can be made much more physically demanding by placing your feet along the inside of the straps rather than wrapping your legs around the straps. The intensity can be further increased by ensuring that your elbows are completely locked and straight.

12) If XR Strap HSs are currently too demanding, perform Wall HS instead; although every effort should be made to complete the workout with XR Strap HS.

Nic Scheelings

This looks brutal, Introducing the side levers as well, you trying to kill me coach? :)

Adam Bodestyne

Been a long time since I've tried any variation of side lever. It will be interesting to see if I'm vastly worse than before, or whether other training has stopped it from deteriorating tooo badly. Not that it had much to lose, anyway. (c:

In any case, now I've got a week to decide how I can try to do them with available equipment..

Josh Schmitter

words fail, eyes grasp naught

only awe filled mouths endure

speech a vacant craft

Aaron Griffin
TANSTAAFL said:
words fail, eyes grasp naught

only awe filled mouths endure

speech a vacant craft

Poem Of the Day 111118?

Josh Schmitter
Demus said:
This looks brutal, Introducing the side levers as well, you trying to kill me coach? :)

I thought that was already a well established fact :)

phrak said:
TANSTAAFL said:
words fail, eyes grasp naught

only awe filled mouths endure

speech a vacant craft

Poem Of the Day 111118?

Indeed. Perhaps the beginning of the HOD(haiku of the day) :).

Josh Schmitter

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU(2 rounds)

WOD:

-2 Side to Side Arch ups(Strong 3s hold in contracted position)

-5x2 CWW(60s rest for sets)

-2 Side to Side Arch ups

-1x5 HeS Pike Press/2min rest

-2 Side to Side Arch ups

-1x10(5,5) HeS Straddle Press/5 min rest

HS Cycles(Stomach to Wall/floor HS): Wrist about 5" away from wall

-1x9 cycles 30s on/1min rest

-1x10 wrist pushups(knees)

5min Rest

-1x3 cycles 30s on/1min rest

-1x10(6,4) wrist pushups(knees)

Notes:

-Split HeS Straddle Press due to loss of balance backwards, but no problem with the tuck and roll...i mean unless you deem that there was a toy shopping cart and the wall in the way a 'problem' :).

-First time really doing the side to side arch ups, I must say I can get a much better contraction/feel it more than unweighted supine wipers. I really need to try them weighted though.

-Cycles felt really good again. Added another cycle to the 1st set(which didn't start getting tough until about the 5th time). Focused on really pushing through the shoulders/shrugging them up to the ears

-Last set wrist pushups only broken due to 1.5 year old saying 'Hi' and getting closer and closer upon each rep :).

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

No stall bars... subbed something else. Forgot my camera today.

General Warmup/Stretch

Focused Core/Upper Body

10 Landmine Rotations (45#)

Rest 1-2 mins

10 Cast Wall Walks

Rest 1-2 mins

10 Landmine Rotations (45#)

Rest 1-2 mins

5 Pike Box Press HS (30")

Rest 1-2 mins

10 Landmine Rotations (45#)

Rest 1-2 mins

10 Straddle Box Press HS (24")

Rest 3-5 mins

12 Cycles of XR Strap HS Holds (45s on, 30s off)

I started with feet inside straps(since I progressed), but on my fourth round my traps were getting hammered hard and I switched to stomach to wall HS. What a brutal difference from switching from outside straps to inside straps.

Finished with 2 x 10 Wrist Pushups

Wrists hurt today for the first time in a long while. More pre/re-hab needed!

Rafael David

2 Side Lever Pulls (one on each side) :arrow:half lay to ascend and full lay to descend

1x10 Cast Wall Walks

2 Side Lever Pulls

1x5 Pike Box Press HS :arrow: Pike Box Press HeS

2 Side Lever Pulls

1x10 Straddle Box Press HS :arrow: Straddle Box Press HeS

12 cycles of XR Strap HS :arrow:just did 6 cycles, so sore... :cry:

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups :arrow:I forgot! :roll:

Shoulder-Destroyer-WOD!

Tyler Schmitz

WOD:

2 Straddle Side Lever Pulls

2x5 cast wall walks

2 straddle side lever pulls

5 pike press raised HeS

2 straddle side lever pulls

10 straddle press raised HeS

rest 5 min

12 XR strap HS

2x10 wrist pushup

Alvaro

I performed this WOD the very same day but didn't have time then to post.

2 negative side flags :oops:

2X5 wall cast walk

2 negative side flags

5 pike HeS leg rise

2 negative side flags

10 straddle HeS leg rise

7 x XR strap HS THIS WAS A BIG STEP, FIRST TIME EVER THAT I COULD PRESS (jump is more exact) TO XR HS WITH OUT FALLING ON MY FACE!!!. before that day I had to ask somebody to hold the rings till I could hold the straps with my feet. After once doing it with help I tried by myself (with some failures) but finally did it!!

Certainly XR HS is huge for improving your HS strength and endurance (and stability too). I barely hold 15 secs on the rings, most of the times only 10 but now I bumped to 2 min 20 secs wall HS.(from previous 2 min). :D:D