This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110919

Started by Coach Sommer, September 18, 2011 · 9 Replies · 1,872 Views

Coach Sommer

vTIfss5oF8w

Complete four rounds:

2 – Front Pulls

10 – TOPs Pulls

2 – Front Pulls

5 – XR Bulgarian Rows

2 – Front Pulls

1 – 15’ Cirque

notes:

1) Note that for today’s GB WOD, you will be performing 2 Front Pulls in between each of the assigned FBEs.

2) Adjust the body position as necessary during the Front Pulls. It is not necessary to use the same body position for both the ascent and descent.

3) The FL Pulls should be performed with a slow deliberate motion.

4) Strive to keep the elbows in line with the shoulders during the entire pull of the XR Bulgarian Rows. Common errors on XR Bulgarian Rows include allowing the elbows to drop out of a horizontal line with the shoulders and failing to keep the hands above the elbows at all times.

5) If you do not have a rope, substitute 10-15 Towel Pull-ups for the Cirque.

6) Do not rest more than 30 seconds in between exercises. If you are resting more than this or are unable to achieve the RX'd repetitions, you need to scale down the workout to accomodate your current strength levels.

7) Rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

Rings

I don´t know exactly what is TOP pulls,is this one?:

If is this one,can´t do in my home gym,so,I gonna do FL pull to invert rows. Is a good idea?

Thanks for the WODs ;)

Coach Sommer
Rings said:
... I don´t know exactly what is TOP pulls ...

TOPs Pulls are detailed on page 107 of BtGB.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Rings
Coach Sommer said:
Rings said:
... I don´t know exactly what is TOP pulls ...

TOPs Pulls are detailed on page 107 of BtGB.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

I see,the same as the video.

Can´t do it at my gym :(

Anyway,thank you!

Falcon

Four rounds:

2 – Front Pulls

10 – TOPs Pulls

2 – Front Pulls

5 – XR Bulgarian Rows

2 – Front Pulls

1 – Stairs Climb (Last 2 sets 10 towel pullups, the stairs were too risky - my hands were slipping)

Last two weighted pulling workouts were pretty hardcore, and Im fresh for this one, so this is going to be a breeze, anyway, Im going to take it lightly because of the tomorrows ring strenght.

Challenging as always, esspecially on the forearms, feels good. Although I'm cheating alot on the TOP pulls by tucking myself and the last pullups in the set are always tragic :D I need a rope or something :D

Coach Sommer

If the rx'd GB WOD is too easy, then remember to scale it up as necessary.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Falcon
Coach Sommer said:
If the rx'd GB WOD is too easy, then remember to scale it up as necessary.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

I'm working on intergating some weighted pulling work into the pulling WODs, but last week I did 2 weighted pulling sessions, so I wanted to do this one without weight, anyway, thank you for the reminder, Coach :)

Josh Schmitter

WOD: Rests as rx'd

2 Tuck Front Pull Negatives(5s)

10 Body Rows(145 degrees to floor)

2 Tuck Front Pull Negatives(5s)

5 Pull ups (4 Pallet band)

2 Tuck Front Pull Negatives(5s)

10 Towel Pull ups (foot assist)

end.

NOTES:

-This felt harder than last time, not sure why. My forearms/grip were just on fire by the 2nd round. Made it through, but harder than last time is all.

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

General Warmup/Stretch

Focused on Shoulders & Trunk/Legs

Back Squats 70% + 10# x 9 x 4

4 Rounds:

2 Front Pulls (Elastic)

10 Pullovers

2 Front Pulls (Elastic)

5 XR Bulgarian Rows (45 Degrees)

2 Front Pulls (Elastic)

1 Cirque (Feet on box; spotted)

Rest 2 mins

I feel a lot stronger, first time doing over 40 pullovers :shock: . Youtube banned my account because of my "copyright" music in the background so I opened a vimeo account now because I'm fet up. Link below. Video is of course my last Round to see all bad techniques due to fatigue; as always.

http://vimeo.com/29288218

Tyler Phillips

This should be good for a laugh for those of you with more experience with the WODs, and who are farther along the strength path. As of today I've decided to start doing them as much as I can for the sake of general guidance to better overall strength, since trying to do program design on my own hasn't worked well in the long run. Here's the results.

Round 1:

Tucked FL Pulls - 2

TOPs Pulls - 5

Tucked FL Pulls - 2

XR Bulgarian Rows - 5

Tucked FL Pulls - 2

Towel Pull-ups - 2

Round 2:

Tucked FL Pulls - 2

TOPs Pulls - 1

Tucked FL Pulls - 2

XR Bulgarian Rows - 5

Tucked FL Pulls - 1

Round 3:

Tucked FL Pulls - 2

XR Bulgarian Rows - 5

Tucked FL Pulls - 2

Never made it to Round 4. :lol:

It should be noted that, with the exception of the rows, everything was done on a tree branch that was maybe 2.5 - 3 inches in diameter, which I had to either keep jumping op to reach after a break or had to hang from between the exercises and shimmy a bit across to reach an even position (I also did a couple pull-overs on the branch prior to the workout just for the fun of it, so that may have played a role). Excuses aside, I've never felt my forearms get so tense before. :o I tried to scale this as best as I could for where I currently stand and will continue to do so for the future until I'm strong enough to meet basic standards. Either way, I know I did something hard and fun. :D