This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 111013

Started by Coach Sommer, October 13, 2011 · 7 Replies · 1,979 Views

Coach Sommer

IwJ80DDIeNE

Complete 3 sets of each:

1 Embedded BL + 6 Tempo Assisted OAC (3 each arm)

1 Embedded PL + 5 Tempo XR Bulgarian HSPU w/ straps

1 Embedded FL + 5 Tempo Body Levers

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

notes:

1) Warm-up by performing 2-3 easier Chin/HSPU variations prior to beginning your working sets. The variations used should initially begin with one that is quite easy and then get progressively more difficult from warm-up set to warm-up set.

2) NOTE: When scaling always adjust the difficulty of the FBE so that you will be able to maintain the correct tempo, sets and reps as designated in that day’s GB WOD.

3) Choose a body position for the embedded static strength variation that allows you to hold the position for 15 seconds per rep.

4) Rest 10-20 seconds between the embedded static and the subsequent exercise. Rest 1-2 minutes in between giant sets.

5) Use a tempo of 133 for the basic strength sets. For the Assisted OACs, this equates to a 1 second ascent, followed by a 3 second pause at the top, then a 3 second descent. For each set perform 3 repetitions on the right arm and then switch to the left arm for 3 repetitions.

6) If XR Bulgarian HSPU are too difficult, scale down to a more appropriate HSPU variation.

7) Add weight to the ankles as necessary to make the Body Levers sufficiently challenging for the rx’d reps.

8 ) DO NOT skip the Bridge Wall Walks at the end of the Workout.

John Sapinoso

KRdMHXvrp8g

Quite pleased with my work today [=

Alvaro

3X

1 tuck BL + 3 tempo pullups

1 planche lean(maybe better than a dragging planche?) + 5 box HeSPU

1 FL + 5 Tempo tuck body levers

2 X 5 bridge wall walks (a bit better after this rusty return from summer)

Josh Schmitter

Taking an extra rest day. Out late at a concert: very much worth it, but a little rough on the recovery. Going to do this one Friday and Fri's on Sat.

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

I did the dynamic strengths with tempos because my gym was crazy full I didn't have enough room for statics :shock:

All in all went well.

blackmonster

Still really sore from my efforts last night, but i knew I had it in me to do a WOD before bed tonight

I did the following modded WOD

3x sets of:

1 Embedded flatback tuck BL + 20 sec XR Support (felt these needed some extra attention)

1 Embedded Wall assist PL + 5 Tempo HeS PU

1 Embedded tucked FL + 5 Tempo Body Levers

Finished the workout with 2x 5 Bridge Wall Walks

It's bed time.

Thanks Coach!

Josh Schmitter

WOD:3 sets each/rests as rx'd

15s German Hang/3 Tempo Chins

15s Lsit PB Low(almost Parallel)/5 Tempo Pike Pushups 2nd stair

15s Tuck L-sit Hang/5 Tempo Flat Tuck Body Levers

10 BWW(5 to floor, 5 about 1/2 way)

Notes:

-Warmup sets: pushups from wrist routine/body rows in regular warmup. Should have done some easier pike pushups.

-Chins felt just right, could do unassisted due to only 3 reps

-Pike Pushups: again just right on 2nd step...fairly easy on first set, but wouldn't have been able to do 1st step on the 3rd set.

Mark Plas

My WOD:

1 Embedded BL + 6 Tempo Thick rope pullups

1 Embedded PL + 5 Tempo military press 30kg

1 Embedded FL + 5 Tempo fully stretched body levers

I did thick rope pull ups for the assisted OAC. Since one hand is lower than the other, it simulates an assisted OAC a bit. I also like the effects of the rope pull ups on my grip and forearm strength (and other parts of the arm I cannot name correctly). Thick rope pullups (and climbs) feel like a very complete exercise to me! I only recently bought a rope - It is a very good investment!

My shoulder strength hasn't improved as much as I would have expected/wanted since I started the WODs (beginning this year). While my pulling strength has increased a lot, my shoulders are still quite weak. I think the BTGB progressions are technically a bit too difficult for me to build up strength incrementally, and they don't allow for full ROM in the initial progressions. That's why I'm going to try replacing some of the shoulder exercises with military presses. They allow full ROM, train a big part of the body and can be incrementally made harder by adding small amounts of weights. I used a total weight of 30kg this time (including the bar!), which is not a lot but represents my current (weak) strength in the shoulders. I hope to build my strength easier and faster this way. It would be interesting to know what other members can push with military press so I can put things into perspective.

This was the first time I did 3x5 fully stretched body levers! I put my shoulders on top of an elevated surface so that I could not cheat by putting my lower back on the floor. This is one of the milestones I wanted to achieve, and is something I absolutely couldn't do when I started the WODs in january. They didn't go 100% smooth yet (more like 70% smooth :) ). I still need to work on the technique, but in the coming months I expect to do them better and better.

Special thanks to Coach for helping me achieve body levers through the WODs!