This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110929

Started by Coach Sommer, September 26, 2011 · 9 Replies · 2,248 Views

Coach Sommer

K7DaRCQh0lY

Due to my upcoming departure to Australia for the GB Melbourne Seminar, this WOD is being posted early. Be sure to NOT perform it until Thursday Sept 29.

Complete four rounds:

2 Cast Wall Walks

3 XR HSPU

2 Cast Wall Walks

5 XR Bulgarian Dips

2 Cast Wall Walks

7 XR PPP

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Note that for today’s GB WOD, perform 2 Cast Wall Walks in between each of the assigned FBEs.

2) If 2 Cast Wall Walks are too easy, you may increase the number of repetitions up to 4 or you may also substitute the most challenging STRAIGHT-ARM Press HS variation that you are capable of performing for 2 repetitions.

3) During the XR HSPU be conscientious in completely locking the elbows and turning the rings out at the top of each repetition.

4) A common error during the XR Bulgarian Dips is allowing the elbows to drift backwards. This makes this elements much less demanding. Make sure to keep the elbows completely in line with the torso while descending to a 90 degree angle in both the elbow and the shoulder.

5) Focus on keeping the hands close to the hips at all times (top and bottom) during the XR PPP.

6) Rest 30 seconds between exercises and 2-3 minutes between rounds.

7) Scale the movements as necessary to allow the correct repetition range to be performed for a given movement.

Falcon

2 Wall Straddle Negative

6 Freestanding Negative HeSPU

2 Wall Straddle Negative

5 PB Dip + 16kg

2 Wall Straddle Negative

7 FX PPP

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

Im out of plates, I wanted to do 20kg dips :D

Josh Schmitter

WOD: 4 Rounds/Rests as rx'd

-1 CWW/3 Pike Push ups(54in from wall)

-1 CWW/5 Negative (5-6s)

-1 CWW/7 Floor Push ups on knees

2x10 Wrist Pushups on knees

Notes:

-Still sleeping crappy...extra crappy last night. Very frustrating considering diet(almost exclusive whole foods/paleo), almost exclusive candle light at night, etc. Just wish I knew what the problem was...without going in for a sleep study that might or might not tell me anything if I decide to sleep well that night.

-Did only a 1 round FSP warmup today/no wrist routine. On the plus side the WOD felt pretty good. I feel like my warmup might be too much as it has been stalling out/getting harder the past couple weeks. It's hard to say if it's the sleep issue hampering recovery, or too much work, or both.

Gohan
TANSTAAFL said:
Just wish I knew what the problem was...without going in for a sleep study that might or might not tell me anything if I decide to sleep well that night.

-

From my experience i can say that the problem is lack of sleep.I had the same problem.After one night you won't feel much difference,you need a few nights of good sleep.Hope i helped :wink:

Aaron Griffin
TANSTAAFL said:
Still sleeping crappy...extra crappy last night. Very frustrating considering diet(almost exclusive whole foods/paleo), almost exclusive candle light at night, etc. Just wish I knew what the problem was...without going in for a sleep study that might or might not tell me anything if I decide to sleep well that night.

While it is colder out now... try camping. Seriously, when I go camping, even though I'm uncomfortable and wake up often, I have the most restful sleeps ever. I suspect lighting has a lot to do with it

Wheelson

Completed four rounds:

2 Cast Wall Walks

3 fx HeSPU

2 Cast Wall Walks

5 XR Bulgarian Dips

2 Cast Wall Walks

7 fx PPP

3x3 xr dips+40 lbs

3x3 fx hespu

Finished with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

blackmonster

Did four rounds of the following tonight:

2x Cast Wall Walks

3x XR HeSPU

2x Cast Wall Walks

5x XR Dips going as deep as I could

2x Cast Wall Walks leading into 7x Wall PU

Finished up the WO with 2x 10 WristPU

10x Pike HeS press

Thanks Coach!

Squatchy

4 rounds

2 CWW

3 XR HSPU (using a little assist with feet to pull)

2 CWW

5 Bulgarian Dips (first 2 rounds were BW only, then used 40lb weighted vest the last 2 rounds, couldn't do full bulgarians with it though)

2 CWW

7 XR PPP

finished with 2x10 wrist pushups

Good stuff! Glad to not be sick anymore :D

TANSTAAFL said:

Notes:

-Still sleeping crappy...extra crappy last night. Very frustrating considering diet(almost exclusive whole foods/paleo), almost exclusive candle light at night, etc. Just wish I knew what the problem was...without going in for a sleep study that might or might not tell me anything if I decide to sleep well that night.

How long has it been going on? Anything changed that corresponded with it? Hows your stress? Sleeping in pitch black room with no light whatsoever, even small electronic lights? Have you tried changing your carb intake? Have you tried taking magnesium before bed, or melatonin, or anything else like that?

Josh Schmitter

Thanks for taking the time guys, really appreciate it.

Gohan said:
From my experience i can say that the problem is lack of sleep.I had the same problem.After one night you won't feel much difference,you need a few nights of good sleep.Hope i helped :wink:

-Few good nights of sleep...check :). Thanks for some hope that my warmup doesn't need to be scaled back again :).

phrak said:
While it is colder out now... try camping. Seriously, when I go camping, even though I'm uncomfortable and wake up often, I have the most restful sleeps ever. I suspect lighting has a lot to do with it

-I hear it. Perhaps if nothing changes I'll rock out the backyard. I do agree, camping in colder weather is usually a cure all for sleep, especially if you hiked a trail all day. I am almost mattress free inside, so it won't be much of a shift in that respect, only environmentally. I am almost strictly candle at night, although the wife still watches a few minutes of TV before bed I have been waiting until she's finished.

Squatchy said:
How long has it been going on? Anything changed that corresponded with it? Hows your stress? Sleeping in pitch black room with no light whatsoever, even small electronic lights? Have you tried changing your carb intake? Have you tried taking magnesium before bed, or melatonin, or anything else like that?

-Off and on for years. It has been worse the past 6 months I would say. Nothing really changes, that's the problem. I will go and sleep almost perfectly for a week or 2-3 days, then back to waking up at 1am or 3am and feeling like i'm in stage 1/2 sleep the rest of the night, i.e. not very restful. It's just frustrating to not know what small imperceptible thing is different on those days. I've talked to the wife about getting rid of the digital clock...it is at least on her side/floor fairly far from me.

Have blackout curtains, but there is a streetlight right outside the window so I am going to try cardboard for a bit, see what happens. The only thing there is, you want it to progressively get lighter at sunrise...possibly a dimmer light with a timer...

Carb intake is probably around 100-150, I used to be a lot lower, but have been upping the past few months. I take magnesium post W.O. and at dinner. Have tried before bed along with just about everything else...at different times of course. Nothing really works. Melatonin kills me, I'd wake up feeling super groggy, awful even if I did sleep through the night w/it(which I usually didn't anyway)

Mark Plas

My WOD:

2 Cast Wall Walks

3 Box XR HSPU

I do these with my feet on a stack of crates about 1m40 high and with hands on the rings that are 20cm above the floor. Then I lower until my head touches the floor and come up again. Having my feet on the crates takes away a significant part of my weight and with the rings 20cm above the floor, I can do a HSPU movement instead of HeSPU. I like to do the exercise full ROM, and this technique has been very helpful for me.

2 Cast Wall Walks

5 XR Bulgarian Dips

2 Cast Wall Walks

7 XR PPP

I did these on parallettes. I first tried XR PPP, but that also requires some biceps strength which currently causes my arms to hurt because of an injury. Doing them on parallettes has an advantage for me because it is easier not to cheat with them when trying to keep the hands at the same spot relative to the hips. With XR PPP I move back and forth while going up and down, which is a sign that the exercise is too hard for me. With parallettes I seem to have much better form. I'll continue doing this on parallettes until I can touch my hips with my hands.

This was also the first time where I could complete all 4 rounds doing 2 CWW in between each FBE exercise. I usually had to scale down to just 1 CWW after a few rounds. Not today though!

Finished with 2x10 wrist pushups