This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110920

Started by Coach Sommer, September 20, 2011 · 8 Replies · 2,032 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete the following:

3 sets of: 2 L-sit MU, press to shoulder stand, forward roll to shoulder stand, 2 XR HSPU, lower down to support, 2 cross dips, roll backward to BL, FL

5x15 seconds FL

5x15 seconds XR Strap HS

5x15 seconds German Hang

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.

notes:

1) Do not rest during the Ring strength series.

2) The L-sit MU begins from a hanging L-sit and then maintains that L-sit all the way to the top of the MU where it finishes in an XR L-sit. It should be performed with an emphasis on strength; keeping the kipping minimized or preferably eliminated all together. Be especially conscientious in locking your arms and turning out the rings at the top of each repetition.

3) Progressions for developing the XR shoulder stand are found in the Basic Ring Strength 3 essay.

4) A Cross Dip is performed by dipping down with one arm bent as for a normal ring dip and the other arm straight as though descending into an Iron Cross. If your straight arm strength is insufficient for full ROM, reduce the ROM as necessary while continuing to maintain high quality.

5) Rest at least 3-5 minutes between ring strength sets.

6) Complete all 3 sets of the ring strength series prior to beginning the static hold position sets.

7) Perform the static hold sets as a single giant set; perform a set of FL, then move immediately to the XR Strap HS and then move immediately to the German Hang.

8 ) A short rest (30-60 sec) is allowed during the static hold positions work only after a single giant set has been completed.

Kenneth Manning

Oh man, anxious to attempt this ring strength series, but on the last ring strength series I managed to tear a nice chunk of skin off of my wrist (just at the base of my palm, tore doing MU's in the false grip). I didn't even realize it happened until I finished the series. I actually laughed a bit, because I've read on the forum about others tearing their hands up, etc., and would always wonder "how the hell does that happen??" I may try some athletic tape wrapped thickly around the wound to see if I can get through. Anyone who's experienced this have any suggestions?

Falcon

3 sets of: 2 MU, L-sit, press to shoulder stand, forward roll to shoulder stand, Half negative reverse MU, BL, FL

5x15 seconds FL

5x15 seconds XR Strap HS

5x15 seconds German Hang

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.

Filmed myself this time, still, there is a lot of room for improvement :P

Rafael David
killroy70 said:
Oh man, anxious to attempt this ring strength series, but on the last ring strength series I managed to tear a nice chunk of skin off of my wrist (just at the base of my palm, tore doing MU's in the false grip). I didn't even realize it happened until I finished the series. I actually laughed a bit, because I've read on the forum about others tearing their hands up, etc., and would always wonder "how the hell does that happen??" I may try some athletic tape wrapped thickly around the wound to see if I can get through. Anyone who's experienced this have any suggestions?

With me happened the same thing... Coach, you know some good ring grip that we can buy online? :?

Rower

I used taping for Tennis- und Squash Racquets. Super cheap and it works like a charm.

Josh Schmitter

WOD:

-5 Chair Dips/1:40 rest

-5 Pull ups/1:40 rest

-Ring Strength 1 minus MU/4min Rest(Lower leg prehab A/B)

Repeat x3

5x15s/60s rests

-Tuck L-sit Hang

-XR Plank Support

-German Hang

2x10 Wall Ext(303 tempo)...for some reason these were much harder than normal today.

NOTES:

-Moved up with Dips/Pulls again. 3x5's now. Last few reps of last set very hard.

-Full GH's still very uncomfortable, but can still get through 5x15 w/out pain.

Rower
Bdk1786 said:
@killroy70

just keep doing what you're doing. After many tears, it just becomes a layer of callus that takes the beating and not fresh skin.

Do not let your girl read this - she won't like that idea :lol:

Mark Wyly

DIdn't feel as strong today, and felt like an off day, but here are my three sets. Additionally I did not allow enough rest time before the third (less then 3 minutes) and, after a battle to maintain false grip on the forward roll, my arms began to go downhill haha.....well you will see if you watch starting around the time i go for the cross dips. My forearms lit fire and wanted to let go! That is my own fault for not allowing my body to rest properly. :oops:

@BDK I am trying to squeeze my ears on the XR handstand but i think that form will take some time.

Thnx for the workout coach. :mrgreen:

dVk_m7YMLfs

Kenneth Manning

<>>

Ha!! Well, I'm a dairy farmer by occupation, so I'm already equipped with the calloused, leathery hands.

This tear was just at the base of my palm on my wrist. Pre-wrap and athletic tape did the trick, was able to get through without any further tearing.

3 sets of:

2 tuck L MU -->2 L sit press shoulderstand-->2 XR PPP [extended feet to top of squat rack behind me]-->2 partial ROM cross dips--> backward roll to BL-->straddle FL

5x15 of:

adv tuck FL

BL (5 sec) + german hang

XR support

2x10 wall ext.