This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 111003

Started by Coach Sommer, September 26, 2011 · 13 Replies · 2,304 Views

Coach Sommer

9mKyrPmmPt0

Due to my upcoming departure to Australia for the GB Melbourne Seminar, this WOD is being posted early. Be sure to NOT perform it until Monday Oct 3.

Complete 3 sets of each:

1 Embedded XR L-sit + 5 Tempo XR Bulgarian Dip

1 Embedded BL + 5 Tempo Half Neg Reverse MU

1 Embedded FL + 6 Tempo Under-grip HLL

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

notes:

1) Warm-up by performing 2-3 easier Curl/Dip variations prior to beginning your working sets. The variations used should initially begin with one that is quite easy and then get progressively more difficult from warm-up set to warm-up set.

2) Choose a body position for the embedded static strength variation that allows you to hold the position for 15 seconds per rep.

3) Rest 10-20 seconds between the embedded static and the subsequent exercise. Rest 1-2 minutes in between giant sets.

4) Use a tempo of 144 for the XR Bulgarian Dip and the Under-grip HLL. As such, for the Under-grip HLL the breakdown of the tempo will be a 1 second ascent, followed by a 4 second pause at the top, then a controlled 4 second descent.

5) The assigned tempo for today’s GB WOD will not apply to the Half Neg MU; simply perform this element as slowly as you are able.

6) Add weight as necessary to the any of the exercises to make them very challenging for the five repetitions.

7) You may scale the workout as necessary by substituting another exercise from the same movement family as necessary.

8 ) DO NOT skip the Bridge Wall Walks at the end of the Workout.

Gustav

Great workout! Feels so good to be back after injury! :)

Damn I just collapsed afterwards :D Love it!

Oldrich Polreich

Completed 3 sets of each:

1 Embedded L-sit + 5 Tempo Bulgarian Dip (+8kg backpack)

1 Embedded BL + 5 Tempo Inverted chin-ups

1 Embedded FL + 6 Tempo Under-grip HLL

Finished the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

Falcon

3 sets of each:

1 Embedded FX L-sit + 5 Tempo XR Bulgarian Dip

1 Embedded S. BL + 5 Tempo Half Neg Reverse MU

1 Embedded Adv. T. FL + 6 Tempo L-sit Lift

Finish the workout with 5 Bridge Wall Walks, 5 Backbends

With the BWW and Backbends I will try to stress more pressure on the shoulder girdle instead of lumbar spine, which resulted in pain in the sacrum area last time I was doing Backbends in excess.

Also I'm not so sure of my form, maybe I'll film myself today, and I will post the first round video in this post.

Few things for the video:

1) Everybody laugh at my skinny legs and calves in the BL, and at the BL itself, I didnt pay enough attention if Im horizontal, shame on me!!!!!!

2) Is my Bdip correct? and support positon? critique please :) Thank you :)

3) I need to learn to scale thing down, I wasnt able to complete the next two sets completely.

aYNWLHPVONI

Josh Schmitter
Gustav said:
Great workout! Feels so good to be back after injury! :)

Damn I just collapsed afterwards :D Love it!

Welcome back indeed.

WOD:Rests as rx'd unless noted/3 sets each

-15s L-sit PB Low/5 Tempo Chair Dips(3 full, 2 foot assist)

-15s Tuck L-sit Hang/5 Tempo Pull ups(4 pallet band)

-15s German Hang/6 Tempo HLL(3+3, legs about 145 degrees)

10 BWW

Notes:

-Warmup sets pushups/3s neg dips, Body Rows

-Mixed up German Hang and L-sit hang placement.

-Last set of Dips, almost didn't push out of 3rd rep.

-Should have done Chins instead of Pulls for Neg Rev MU sub

-Forearms burning white hot fire reps 4-5 of sets 2-3 of pulls, also reason had to break up HLL sets. Not really sure if that's the best method. Was bad enough where I had to rest about 30s between each set of 3 from the 1st set, and even then I was almost slipping off by the last rep. Any feedback much appreciated.

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

I'm trying to get my youtube account back online since they closed it... If it doesn't work I'll open another one. Currently I use Vimeo but they have a limit cap each week :(

Anyways Today's training... tempo made me suffer big time! :shock:

3 sets of each:

15s L-Sit on Parallettes + 5 Tempo XR Bulgarian Dip

15s Flat Tuck Back Lever + 5 Half Neg Reverse MU

30s Hollow Hold + 6 Tempo Undergrip HLL

Finished with 10 Bridge Wall Walks & Stretching.

Kenneth Manning

Man, I subbed slow negative pelicans in place of half negative reverse MU. Dear god my biceps have never been this tight/sore as they are right now...

John Sapinoso

xIVjjrW2oWU

Falcon
ts00nami said:
xIVjjrW2oWU

I just feel stupid right now :D

Btw. nice BL, looks more hollow than your previous BLs.

blackmonster

Did 3 sets of the following tonight:

1 Embedded XR L-sit + 5 Tempo XR Bulgarian Dip

1 Embedded Tucked BL + 3 SS to Tempo Half Neg Reverse MU

1 Embedded Tucked FL + 6 Tempo XR Under-grip HLL

Finish the workout with 2x 10 second elbow back bridges

Josh Schmitter
Falcon said:
I just feel stupid right now :D

Ha, your video is way better than mine would be.

ts00nami said:
xIVjjrW2oWU

Always good to see ya ts00nami

swap01

I only did two sets, I had to get home before I could finish the three sets. What's the best way to find exercises to scale these exercises? The exercises posted are too hard for me, is Building the Gymnastics Body the best place to find scaled resources? Is there any other places I can use to find other scaled back exercises? Thanks!

John Sapinoso
Falcon said:
ts00nami said:
xIVjjrW2oWU

I just feel stupid right now :D

Btw. nice BL, looks more hollow than your previous BLs.

Thanks, been doing some body line work and just been more conscious about it lately, slightly low but I'm content with my performance on the WOD.

John Sapinoso
swap01 said:
I only did two sets, I had to get home before I could finish the three sets. What's the best way to find exercises to scale these exercises? The exercises posted are too hard for me, is Building the Gymnastics Body the best place to find scaled resources? Is there any other places I can use to find other scaled back exercises? Thanks!

Yup, it's all in the book and rated by difficulty as well. You can also try asking a specific question, but make sure to check the book first.