This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110930

Started by Coach Sommer, September 26, 2011 · 5 Replies · 2,071 Views

Coach Sommer

Due to my upcoming departure to Australia for the GB Melbourne Seminar, this WOD is being posted early. Be sure to NOT perform it until Friday Sept 30.

Perform the following:

3 sets of: MU, fwd roll to MU, XR L-sit, press shoulder stand, fwd roll to shoulder stand, BL, FL

5x15 seconds FL

5x15 seconds XR Strap HS

5x15 seconds German Hang

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.

notes:

1) Perform from 1-3 repetitions on each of the exercises in the ring strength series depending on how many repetitions your current strength level will allow you to perform correctly. Each of the exercises may have a different number of repetitions as necessary; e.g. 3 MU & 1 XR L-sit press shoulder stand etc.

2) Choose the most challenging BL & FL variation that you are capable of using for the Tick Tocks.

3) Perform the most difficult MU variation that you are capable of performing without kipping or swinging.

4) Progressions for developing the XR shoulder stand are found in the Basic Rings Strength 3 essay.

5) Do not rest during the Ring strength series.

6) You should however rest at least 3-5 minutes between ring strength sets.

7) Complete all 3 sets of the ring strength series prior to beginning the static hold position sets.

8 ) Perform the static hold sets as a single giant set; perform a set of FL and then move immediately to the XR Strap HS and then move immediately to the German Hang.

9) A short rest (30-60 sec) is allowed during the static hold positions work only after a single giant set has been completed.

Falcon

Perform the following:

3 sets of: MU, fwd roll to MU, XR L-sit, press shoulder stand, fwd roll to shoulder stand, 2 Negative Straddle Back Pulls, 2 Negative Straddle Front Pulls

5x15 seconds FL

5x15 seconds PL Lean

5x15 seconds German Hang

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.

When it comes to biceps, I like PL Leans over XR Strap HS :)

I'm not so happy with myself, I forgot the Lsit in first two rounds, and not one round was clean enough. I have some serious problems with cheating here. This ends now.

Also, could it be possible that my elbow hurts from the german hangs? To be honest Ive never really trained them so much, of course, I trained them in the beggining, but that was piked holds, my body should be straight, right? I feel like pulling into BL there, and the strain on shoulders and elbows is higher than in full back lever?!

Josh Schmitter

WOD:

-5 Chair Dips/1:40 rest

-5 Pull ups/1:40 rest

-Ring Strength 1 minus MU/4min Rest(Lower leg prehab A)

Repeat x3

5x15s/60s rests

-Tuck L-sit Hang

-XR Plank Support

-German Hang

2x10 Wall Ext(303 tempo)

NOTES:

-Stayed with 3x5 of dips/pulls. Much harder than last time, but I have been under par lately(sleep mostly) so it's to be expected.

blackmonster

Started WOD too late tonight so I didnt have enough time to finish.:( (had to go buy breakfast for tomorrow and get some sleep)

Tonights WOD consisted of:

3x Assisted MU to L sit to SS to negative inv MU to BL tuck to FL tuck

3x sets of : 15 sec XR FL tuck, 15 sec Parallette HS to HSPU negative, 15 sec XR German Hang

Did 2 sets of 10x pike HeS Press

Did a 2min 30 sec HS against the wall

FInished up with 2x 20 second back bridges on my elbows/head. ( i get a better stretch )

Gonna manage my time better tomorrow so this doesnt happen again.

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

Did Thursdays & FRidays... didn't have time to post but went well. Check my blog. Will be posting.

Mark Plas

My WOD:

- 3 sets of: Basic Ring Strength 1 + HeS RLL

Since I cannot do a MU yet, I do 3 pull ups and 3 deep dips instead. On top of that, I also train the MU transition while leaving my feet on the floor. I only recently started training the false grip and am making steady progress with that. Once I master it, I hope the MU will come soon (and without injury!)

- 5x15 seconds FL

in tuck

- 5x15 seconds floor HS

I try to do a free standing HS, with my legs blocked by a PB to avoid continuously falling on the floor. This is only the 2nd time I do the free standing HS attempt and I'm now sometimes able to stand freely for about 1-2 seconds. This is pure luck though, because I'm not able to correct the position as soon as I start falling. I still need to find the technique to actively correct my balance while in the HS.

- 5x15 seconds German Hang

These went surprisingly easy today. I've only been doing these for about two months and they always felt awkward, but not today. My body is not straight though, it's more a tuck-hang which doesn't stretch as much as a straight hang. I'll work on extending the body.

Finished the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.