This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110728

Started by Coach Sommer, July 28, 2011 · 9 Replies · 1,987 Views

Coach Sommer

K7DaRCQh0lY

Complete four rounds:

2 Cast Wall Walks

5 HSPU

2 Cast Wall Walks

10 Germans

2 Cast Wall Walks

20 Swinging Dips

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Note that for today’s GB WOD, perform 2 Cast Wall Walks in between each of the assigned FBEs.

2) If 2 Cast Wall Walks are too easy, you may increase the number of repetitions up to 4 or you may also substitute the most challenging STRAIGHT-ARM Press HS variation that you are capable of performing for 2 repetitions.

3) Rest 2-3 minutes between rounds

4) Scale the movements as necessary to allow the correct repetition range to be performed for a given movement

ryanjanus

What do I do on days like this where I have no access to either a pommel horse or parallel bars? I'm very new to Gymnastic Bodies, and the equipment I have to work with consists of: parallettes, chin-up bar, and rings.

Josh Schmitter
ryanjanus said:
What do I do on days like this where I have no access to either a pommel horse or parallel bars? I'm very new to Gymnastic Bodies, and the equipment I have to work with consists of: parallettes, chin-up bar, and rings.
Coach Sommer said:
If you are performing Germans on the Xtreme Rings, you will find it most advantageous to begin them from an upright position. Lower down quickly while allowing your legs to swing forward, then press down strongly while swinging your legs powerfully up behind you. Continue for the desired number of repetitions.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

(from the Germans link)

That being said, I will be doing clapping push ups elevated hands on steps...ultimate scale down :).

As for the swinging dips...until I make Slizz's PB bars, I use 2 chairs and just do swings w/out dips as I'm nowhere near ready for them...which works out as the chairs would most likely break if I tried it. Please note: I am in no way endorsing anyone else doing even just swings between two chairs. I find it helps me keep better form to know if I don't, a chair will most likely tip over :)....but I also do my box jumps barefoot with stacked cinder blocks, so take it as you will.

Josh Schmitter

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD: 30s between FBE/3min between rounds

Subs

-5 Pike Push ups

-10 Clapping push ups, 4th step

-20s Just Swinging

2x10 Wrist Push ups

-The CWW killed today. Was getting a little quick sliding down the wall for the last set of the last 2 rounds, other than that, felt pretty good.

Rafael David
ryanjanus said:
What do I do on days like this where I have no access to either a pommel horse or parallel bars? I'm very new to Gymnastic Bodies, and the equipment I have to work with consists of: parallettes, chin-up bar, and rings.

I think that for Germans you can replace doing dip-planche between two chairs or doing in a bench like Ts00nami (

). For Swinging Dips try do Judo Pushups (
). :|
Samuel Carr

Swings on rings with locked arms are can be substituted for swinging dips. They're pretty hard tho I can only move several inches

Mark Wyly

Did all four rounds with 4 CWW's, the main difference between the first two rounds and the last two is I downgraded from parralette HSPUs to floor HSPU's. This pushed my shoulders for sure.

Here is the post of round two, you can see the last parallette HSPU was a barely so i downgraded the following rounds. Keep in mind it's 100 degrees in my garage and alls i could to keep the sweat out of my eyes during HSPU and CWW is blink alot haha.I think my eyes burned more then my shoulders :wink: Also i started with swinging dips but downgraded to straight arm for the last two rounds. I thjink i can still feel the 10 min wall runs from tuesday :)

PMbacSkHk-M

Now I just notice the video is almost 4 minutes of continous work. Now i know why I felt such a push

THANKS COACH!!! You have provided me with so much through these WODs!! :mrgreen:

Amanda

Hi there,

This is my first post, but I've been following these WODs for about 3 months now. I'm an aspiring rugby player: I can't bench anymore due to a rib cartilage injury, but remembered an article written by Coach Sommer on lever progressions. I sought more of his stuff on the interweb and have been hooked since. My core strength gains have been great and I'm sure this has translated to better technique on the field. Not to mention the fun factor compared to pumping iron :)

So, I did the WOD as prescribed, with the following subs:

- HeSPU negatives (dropped to Box HeSPUs due to pain from the above-mentioned rib cartilage injury)

- Swinging Dips Forward (I did these on two chairs and could only string two or three together at most).

I did the Germans on my breakfast bar.

Thanks for this system, Coach, it really has been fabulous for me.

Coach Sommer
... At first i thought 20 swinging dips was a typo, but after seeing it did not change, it was time to have at it ...

Great attitude and good work. 8)

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

LIE

Wu

4rounds:

2cww

5 wall HeSPU (stomach on wall)

2cww

10 straddle chest roll planche

2cww

20 just swing (on 2 chair)

Shoulder rehab n static stretching