This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110812

Started by Coach Sommer, August 12, 2011 · 14 Replies · 2,043 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete four rounds:

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

7 XR PPP+

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

5 XR Dips to L-sit

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

3 XR HSPU

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Note that for today’s GB WOD, you will be performing 2 L-sit press to Tuck PL on parallets in between each of the assigned FBEs. If you do not have parallets, possible substitutions include kettlebells, dumbbells or pushup bars.

2) To perform the L-sit press to Tuck PL begin with a 3 sec L-sit and then with straight arms press up into a 3 sec Tuck PL, lower down back to the L-sit position to complete the repetition.

3) XR Dips to L-sit are done by performing a regular XR Dip with the legs hanging down and then simply adding an L-sit at the top of each dip. Be sure to lock and extend the elbows properly during the XR L-sit portion of the dips.

4) Do not rest more than 30 seconds in between exercises. If you are resting more than this or are unable to achieve the RX'd repetitions, you need to scale down the workout to accomodate your current strength levels.

5) Rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

Kim Jongseong

3 L-sit press to Tuck PL on parallets

7 XR PPP

3 L-sit press to Tuck PL on parallets

5 XR Dips to L-sit

3 L-sit press to Tuck PL on parallets

5 XR HSPU using straps

4rounds

no rest between exercises.

rest 3 mins between rounds.

Finish with 2x5 Wrist Pushups on knees

wow first time doing wrist pushups. It pretty hurts.

thank you coach

Archbishop o balance

4 Rounds

2 L-sit to Tuck PL

7 PPP on flor

2 L-sit to Tuck PL

5 Parallell bar dips to L-sit

2 L-sit to Tuck PL

3 PB Box HSPU

2x10 wrist pushups

JUST managed the last rep on the HSPU, this was great :mrgreen:

Falcon

I can't press to tuck planche due to serious forearm splints, I can't lean forward with my hands. I think I'll replace that with bent arm press to HS.

Four rounds:

2 L-sit bent arm tuck press to HeS

7 XR PPP

2 L-sit bent arm tuck press to HeS

5 XR Dips to L-sit

2 L-sit bent arm tuck press to HeS

3 HeSPU

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

FAILED

Completed 2 rounds with horrible form, after that total failure, I wasn't able to even press to HeS, or do dips with proper form. Lsit felt like impossible to hold for more than 2 seconds. I wanted to do some Pullups/PL leans, but again, failure.

Wrist Pushups now, and I'm off to shower, this was one of my worst "workouts" ever. :evil:

Josh Schmitter

WOD:

Rests-3min rounds/30s FBE

-3s L-sit PB/3s far into Tuck PL as possible

-7 FX Push ups

-5 Negative Dips(5s)

-3 Pike Pushups(50in from wall)

2x10 Wrist Pushups, knees

Felt good.

end.

Richard Burns said:
wow first time doing wrist pushups. It pretty hurts.

It shouldn't hurt. I would accept weird or funky, but not pain :). You can either rock piked hips from the knees or, as some have done, do them on the wall, eventually(EVENTUALLY) moving down the incline angle...but again, pain=bad

Not sure if you're doing the wrist routine either, but if not, it will definitely speed along the process.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=860 -thorough explanation on 2nd page and video from blairbob about 1/2 way down the first page.

Sergey

Coach, I'm new to the forum and I have one question.

If I'm going to do WODs, do I need in training FSP (FL,BL,PL and L-sit) utilizing SSC before WOD, or WOD includes this?

Rafael David
Sergey said:
Coach, I'm new to the forum and I have one question.

If I'm going to do WODs, do I need in training FSP (FL,BL,PL and L-sit) utilizing SSC before WOD, or WOD includes this?

You should test your max in each FSP then do this: For exemple, if your max in tuck FL is 20s, you should do half the time (10s) for 4-5 sets for totalize 40-50s. Then do the SSC, test your max again and do all again. Until you reach 15s max in a particular FSP (except in BL and PL, here you should reach 30-60s) you can jump to the next hard variation, then test your max in the new variation and start all cycle again. So, you should do all the FSP work in your warmup, before each WOD, except in the WODs that have embedded static positions required (FSP followed by a FBE), in these you should do just the Prerequisites.

Anyone can improve my answer okay? :oops: 8)

Rafael David

Four rounds:

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

7 PPP (wall)

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

5 Dips to L-sit (PB)

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

3 HSPU (elevated)

2x10 Wrist Pushups

KILLER BICEPS-TRICEPS-SHOULDER WORKOUT! :twisted:

Thanks Coach! 8)

blackmonster

Finished up 4x rounds of:

2x L-sit press to Tuck PL

7x Rear Elevated PPP on the ground

2x L-sit press to Tuck PL

5x XR Dips to L-sit

2x L-sit press to Tuck PL

3x HeSPU on the first large set. Couldn't do any more afterwards so I scaled the rest back to HeSPU Negatives for the last 3 large sets.

Finished with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

Had a storm blowing in so it helped me keep up the pace ;)

I wanted to GTG on a few other things that I've been working on so I went inside and also did:

4x 10 Wall Runs. These are great for reminding yourself to keep your upper body stiff for HS work.

4x 20 Second HS's against the wall pushing myself away into a self supporting HS.

2x 20 V sits to end it all.

Sergey
Mikael said:
Sergey said:
Coach, I'm new to the forum and I have one question.

If I'm going to do WODs, do I need in training FSP (FL,BL,PL and L-sit) utilizing SSC before WOD, or WOD includes this?

You should test your max in each FSP then do this: For exemple, if your max in tuck FL is 20s, you should do half the time (10s) for 4-5 sets for totalize 40-50s. Then do the SSC, test your max again and do all again. Until you reach 15s max in a particular FSP (except in BL and PL, here you should reach 30-60s) you can jump to the next hard variation, then test your max in the new variation and start all cycle again. So, you should do all the FSP work in your warmup, before each WOD, except in the WODs that have embedded static positions required (FSP followed by a FBE), in these you should do just the Prerequisites.

Mikael, thanks for the reply :)

I have already tested my max in each FSP, and I got the following results:

Tuck PL-15s

FX L-sit, Tuck BL and Tuck FL-30s.

in these you should do just the Prerequisites

Sorry for stupid question, but what does mean "the Prerequisites"? :?

ryanjanus

I'm still in the "frog stand" stage of working on planches. For this workout , should I just do the L-hold and then reset into the frog stand?

Tarun Suri

Sergey, if your tuck planche is only 15s for a max, hold I suggest you back to adv. frog stand for your FSPs and work on getting a 60s hold.

Ryan, you would keep your frog stand using your FSP warmups, which you do 4x a week. This particular WoD comes around much less often, so you can use this WoD to introduce yourself to some straight arm work. Every once in a while, having a hard static day is fine in my book. Someone else can correct me if they have evidence for the contrary.

Sergey

RandomHavoc, is this necessary?

Maybe it is fun to hear, but my max in advanced frog stand less than 10s. :|

My wrists are very weak for this.

Stephen Casey

3 rounds:

L sit to Adv. Tuck PL to L sit

7 XR PPP

L sit to Adv. Tuck PL to L sit

5 XR Dip to L sit

L sit to Adv. Tuck PL to L sit

3 Parallette HSPU

Workout interrupted; didn't finish. Pleased to be doing Advanced Tuck PL on this. Was surprised that the HSPU would be as hard as they were.

LIE

Wu

Complete four rounds:

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

7 XR PPP

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

5 XR Dips to L-sit.......the last 2rounds cannot complete consecutive 5rep..fuuh

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

3 HeSPU

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups