This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110718

Started by Coach Sommer, July 18, 2011 · 8 Replies · 2,290 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete four rounds:

2 – Front Pulls

1 – 15’ Cirque

2 – Front Pulls

7 – FL Pulls

2 – Front Pulls

5 – FL Rows

notes:

1) Note that for today’s GB WOD, you will be performing 2 Front Pulls in between each of the assigned FBEs.

2) Adjust the body position as necessary during the Front Pulls. It is not necessary to use the same body position for both the ascent and descent.

3) The FL Pulls should be performed with a slow deliberate motion.

4) If you do not have a rope, substitute 10-15 Towel Pull-ups for the Cirque.

5) Do not rest more than 30 seconds in between exercises. If you are resting more than this or are unable to achieve the RX'd repetitions, you need to scale down the workout to accomodate your current strength levels.

6) Rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

Jordan_vonP

So tough! Still new to this, so I could only manage 3 rounds before my form went out the window =/.

2 Front Pulls w/ tuck

12 Towel Pull ups

2 Front Pulls w/tuck

7 FL pulls w/tuck

2 Front pulls w/ tuck

5 FL tuck rows

Josh Schmitter

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD:4 rounds/rest as Rx'd

Subs:

-2 Front Pull tuck negatives

-10 Towel pull-ups feet assist

-7 Rows foot support(145 deg. to ground)

-5 Pull ups, 4 pallet band assist

This was tough...I am going a little backward in progress here as I was able to do 5 FL pulls with the pallet bands last time, this time tried on the 1st 2 rounds and only could get 4 and 3 respectively. Perhaps next time I'll just do them slightly broken sets...

Jordan_vonP said:
So tough! Still new to this, so I could only manage 3 rounds before my form went out the window =/.

ha, still way better than me :). I would suggest scaling down slightly more so you can get the rounds all in. Also, this is not a max strength day so, if you perform it as such, just know that when the next max strength day comes(rings tomorrow, in this case) you might not be up to par. Just a thought to how much you should scale :).

Personally I'm running out of ideas on how to scale down further, keeping with the progression families and not going to failure.

LIE

Wu

Shoulder n wrist routine

Complete four rounds: scale down

2 – Front Pulls

1 – 15’ Cirque

2 – Front Pulls

7 – tuck FL Pulls

2 – Front Pulls

5 – tuck FL Rows tuck

Scale down ssc tuck planche

8x8s, rest 45s

Static stretching shoulder and hip

Rafael David

Nice workout!

I Completed four rounds:

2 – Front Pulls

10 - Towel-Pull ups

2 – Front Pulls

7 – FL Pulls

2 – Front Pulls

5 – FL Rows

Thanks Coach! :)

Alex Solis

Coach, lately the WODs have been really tough! This one was a forearm destroyer.

I ALMOST completed four rounds of:

2 – Front Pulls

rest 30 secs

10 - Negative Towel-Pull ups

rest 30 secs

2 – Front Pulls

rest 30 secs

7 – FL Pulls

rest 30 secs

2 – Front Pulls

rest 30 secs

5 – FL Rows

rest 3 minutes

I say "almost" because I failed to do a few reps now and then. Guess I should've been more resilient and go back to easier variations :cry:

Coach Sommer, is it a big deal if I failed several times to complete the indicated reps? Is it okay if I rested 30 secs between front pulls and the next exercise? Or did I have to do the front pulls followed immediately by the next exercise and THEN rest 30 seconds?

Coach Sommer

Up to 30 sec in between FBE should be fine. However if you find yourself resting excessively or consistently needing to break up sets, you need to scale down the rx'd exercises.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

John Sapinoso

qcQIZox1tYY

Josh Schmitter

Always glad to see ya gracing the WOD's ts00nami :).