This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Introducing GB Pro+ (Coming Very Soon)

Started by Cory Fair, December 30, 2015 · 102 Replies · 5,954 Views

Ben G

Hi Daniel

How long did the workout take? I finished F1a week 10 today in 33 minutes, F1b week 10 probably around 26 minutes, I'll find out tomorrow. Does that seem on pace with your experience?

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

With a 20 minute warm up, my week 3 (so week 7 and week 11) workout on Foundation A took me about 46 minutes total.

Mike_B

This sounds very interesting - I think I'm going to give this a try, because one thing I've noticed is that its taken quite a while to orient myself to the principles and pacing of the programme (and I'm sure there's still room for improvement here).  

It's a very different mindset than perhaps other things I've done in the past - it feels like something that needs to be trained/developed over time, much like the physical aspects.  With the stretch series, for example, being able to look at the class as a whole gives a very good idea of the pacing that I might not have got with demo videos, pictures and text.

 

Also, sorry if I've missed this, but can anyone tell me what PE the PRO+ version is up to now?  I'd like to give it a try once they're up to PE5.

Cory Fair
Mike_B said:

This sounds very interesting - I think I'm going to give this a try, because one thing I've noticed is that its taken quite a while to orient myself to the principles and pacing of the programme (and I'm sure there's still room for improvement here).  

It's a very different mindset than perhaps other things I've done in the past - it feels like something that needs to be trained/developed over time, much like the physical aspects.  With the stretch series, for example, being able to look at the class as a whole gives a very good idea of the pacing that I might not have got with demo videos, pictures and text.

 

Also, sorry if I've missed this, but can anyone tell me what PE the PRO+ version is up to now?  I'd like to give it a try once they're up to PE5.

PE4 is being finished, PE5 filming will be starting next week

Mike_B

Ah OK thanks - lets give this a try then.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Mike_B,

 

The videos will depend on your workout. So, for instance for me, yesterday was Foundation A and FSs, so that showed up. Today I have handstand work (and shoulder prehab but that's beyond the scope of GB), so these are the videos I'll see. If I were you I would shoot Cory a private message or hit the help button on your workout scheduler. Messages and technical issues seem to often get lost in the matrix of these forums, so this isn't the best place to inquire about them in my experience. Best of luck with Pro+, if pacing and tempo are weak points for you, and the follow-along stretch videos have been a bounty then the follow-along foundation videos will likely be no different.

 

I found myself squeezing out reps that I would have otherwise quit. I think the dynamic of knowing that there are athletes in the video doing it at the same time gave me motivation -- somehow previous workouts of being in my own head at the gym, with today's latest Pop hits playing led me to fail a set much sooner than was the case when I used the Pro+ videos.

MattiasF

I agree, the videos are really nice for pushing you through the end of the last 1 or 2 sets. Biggest difference for me was tempo in HBP/PE2, I had been doing them way to sluggish and had to immediately go back to 4x6, I'm still struggling to keep up with Orench, but I already feel much stronger than before.

 

Coach has successfully developed yet another way to increase the harvest of our tears and suffering.

Coach Sommer
MattiasF said:

... Coach has successfully developed yet another way to increase the harvest of our tears and suffering ...

 

Pretty good, Mattias.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Mike_B

Restarted computer and all relevant videos now visible :)

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
Mike_B said:

Restarted computer and all relevant videos now visible :)

Great to hear it. Good luck.

Mike_B

Going to try it out today (I'm going to start on a deload week to try and get everything synced properly from the start).

 

My question is about changing days week-to-week, and how that affects the automatic progression functions.  If I describe my understanding, could someone let me know if the following is correct?

 

  • I set up my workout for the first week, use GB PRO+, complete all work as set.
  • The next week, I see that PRO has advanced my workouts as expected - but I can't do the same day/need to reorganise my workouts.
  • I take the progressions set by PRO and simply put them in different days as needed.

Just checking that I can use PRO in this way - many thanks!

Cory Fair
Mike_B said:

Going to try it out today (I'm going to start on a deload week to try and get everything synced properly from the start).

 

My question is about changing days week-to-week, and how that affects the automatic progression functions.  If I describe my understanding, could someone let me know if the following is correct?

 

  • I set up my workout for the first week, use GB PRO+, complete all work as set.
  • The next week, I see that PRO has advanced my workouts as expected - but I can't do the same day/need to reorganise my workouts.
  • I take the progressions set by PRO and simply put them in different days as needed.

Just checking that I can use PRO in this way - many thanks!

 

Pro+ doesn't care which days you do your workouts, it only matters whether you miss workouts or fail to complete the prescribed sets and reps.

Mike_B

Thanks Cory! Testing now :)

Mike_B

First impressions are good - I like the report at the end, ability to record obs as you work out, and although it may sound silly, the little green shading for workout complete at the end is quite pleasing :)

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

I think the answer to my question is that no I have not mastered the element, but i'll ask the question anyway: did the Foundation B workout today and Orench kicked my ass. I can do SL/PE2 for all the sets and reps but their pace was a bit faster than I had been training prior to, and up until purchasing, Pro+. I posted a form check/compared my form and pace with the course video and it seems to be on par and received the go-ahead. So, my question is should I stay on the element for another block or keep it moving? I was able to push it and keep up with the video but it was faster than expected (as for SLS, I may drop down an element and retest SLS/PE2, if Orench's pace is the measure for mastery, because damn he moves like a ninja or, rather, a gymnast).

 

Edit: Here are links to my SL/PE2 form check that was given the go-ahead: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/23285-slpe2-mastered/

 

And here is my form check for Cossack Squat (SLS/PE2), am just wondering about the pacing more so than anything else: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/21177-cossack-squat-slspe2-form-check/

gohei_
Cory Fair said:

Pro+ doesn't care which days you do your workouts, it only matters whether you miss workouts or fail to complete the prescribed sets and reps.

It would be nice if we could access the follow alongs and do the workouts on any day of the week. For example, 2-3 weeks ago I had a workout scheduled for tuesday but was unable to do it until thursday or friday, but by then the "start workout" button was not available.

 

Oh and Daniel I agree, Orench moves really fast on some exercises and I am also finding it tough to keep up sometimes.

Cory Fair
gohei_ said:

It would be nice if we could access the follow alongs and do the workouts on any day of the week. For example, 2-3 weeks ago I had a workout scheduled for tuesday but was unable to do it until thursday or friday, but by then the "start workout" button was not available.

 

Oh and Daniel I agree, Orench moves really fast on some exercises and I am also finding it tough to keep up sometimes.

 

The start workout button is available for a day or two around a scheduled workout. More importantly, if a workout is scheduled it should be a priority to make it happen. If you do that, video availability won't be a problem.

 

Orench isn't going fast, he's going at the pace these progressions should be performed. :) 

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
Cory Fair said:

Orench isn't going fast, he's going at the pace these progressions should be performed. :)

Noted. So a revision of certain elements is in place. Would it be necessary to backtrack if "mastered" elements we perform are potentially slower than the rate at which Orench performs them? Just trying to be apprehensive about ensuring "mastery"

Coach Sommer
Daniel Taylor-Shaut said:

Noted. So a revision of certain elements is in place. Would it be necessary to backtrack if "mastered" elements we perform are potentially slower than the rate at which Orench performs them? Just trying to be apprehensive about ensuring "mastery"

 

When in doubt, always err on the side of mastery.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Mike_B

Just a couple of notes I made in my log today:

*RC/PE1 - again, week 8 deload, the PRO+ has Orench and Grace doing the demo, and the tempo seems slightly quicker on this version - again, I'm assuming I follow the tempo on the PRO+ video?

*Also, tried to add Fs to my workout today, and the system wouldn't let me because it said that adding Fs would put deload weeks out of order (both other elements were on week 8) - is this right, as I'd understood that we could continue to stretch on a deload week?

Thanks!

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
Coach Sommer said:

When in doubt, always err on the side of mastery.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

So, to be clear for mastery each element: should be performed at Orench's pace, with the form and ROM of the course videos, and in an F7 workout format (I say this because were I test for mastery at a seminar it would be done in this way) correct?

If so, looks like I might run back through all the elements at PE1 to see and just to be crystal clear. (And it'll be one hell of an interval workout)

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Man, GB Pro+ is awesome and the push I needed. I just completed an F7 workout and hit all my reps in all my sets in week 3. Still need a little more ROM on MN/PE2 and SLS/PE3 but am getting there. The bonus of having the videos keep count and also keep me moving really makes the >ims soooo much more effective. Can't thank this enough. I'm likely to burst all sorts of plateaus with this programming. Cheers.

 

A question, though, when doing F7 and GB Pro+, how is it best suggested for us to test/record a form check for mastery? Given that during the sets I'm following the follow-along videos, should we do a form check video AFTER the entire F7 workout, so basically do an extra set once my workout for that day is done; OR should I film an extra set after each element. So, for example, do all 7 foundation elements and then make form check videos for whatever I'm trying to test out of OR do one element, record an extra set after the follow-along video finishes and then continue on to my next exercise. Logically, one might record their fifth set but being that I'm following a follow-along video which is playing via my phone I'm not sure how best to tackle this. For now, I'm still milking my current elements to ensure mastery is mastered [squared] beyond a shadow of a doubt, but this issue will come up sooner rather than later given how much better my workouts have been since appropriately using this program. 

 

Thanks in advance.

Cory Fair
Daniel Taylor-Shaut said:

Man, GB Pro+ is awesome and the push I needed. I just completed an F7 workout and hit all my reps in all my sets in week 3. Still need a little more ROM on MN/PE2 and SLS/PE3 but am getting there. The bonus of having the videos keep count and also keep me moving really makes the >ims soooo much more effective. Can't thank this enough. I'm likely to burst all sorts of plateaus with this programming. Cheers.

 

A question, though, when doing F7 and GB Pro+, how is it best suggested for us to test/record a form check for mastery? Given that during the sets I'm following the follow-along videos, should we do a form check video AFTER the entire F7 workout, so basically do an extra set once my workout for that day is done; OR should I film an extra set after each element. So, for example, do all 7 foundation elements and then make form check videos for whatever I'm trying to test out of OR do one element, record an extra set after the follow-along video finishes and then continue on to my next exercise. Logically, one might record their fifth set but being that I'm following a follow-along video which is playing via my phone I'm not sure how best to tackle this. For now, I'm still milking my current elements to ensure mastery is mastered [squared] beyond a shadow of a doubt, but this issue will come up sooner rather than later given how much better my workouts have been since appropriately using this program. 

 

Thanks in advance.

 

As Coach has already stated in a another thread, a mastery testing system is forthcoming.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Was unaware. Much appreciated. I'll just continue as is and get better at what I'm working on until that time.

cheeto-man

Just wondering, for those who've started GB+ Pro, did you start back at PE1 or did you pick up where you currently are in the progression (PE2, 3 or whatever)?

 

Thanks for any thoughts on this.