This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE2 Mastered?

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, January 26, 2016 · 6 Replies · 126 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Been working at these and working at these. I feel rather confident as though there is some tightness these don't really give me much trouble. The -im has been easy for some months now. There is a bit of tightness on my left adductor (but I think that sPL progressions, as well as MSs, and MN progressions will eventually work this one out).

 

 

Jon Douglas

Both look good. Well done.

Be aware of reaching with your elbow a touch on the pe, just at the very end of a rep, where you could maybe eke out just a little more twist, but I'm into splitting hairs territory here :)

Personally i also prefer the im with hands out and reaching.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

So... mastered? I intend to keep these in the warm-up to fine tune them, either way. I initially did them with my hands out, but realized the form video was different. 

 

I'm aware of what you mean about reaching...my shoulder had been giving me trouble that day as I was not only not at my normal gym, but not my normal bed...hadn't slept well. I've been limbering up much more properly and my lats have been looser which allows my shoulder to not hurt (and thus has given me more ROM without needing to reach the shoulder). I'll look out for that though. 

Leonhard Krahé

If you don't mind explaining, what exactly do you mean by reaching out in the im (or rather, reach where)?

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

my hands are on my hips. reaching out would mean my arms are straight and flail around. 

Leonhard Krahé

Alright, got it. Tried it last night with arms out and felt like one of these:

airdancer.jpg

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Yes, that was actually what I was going to reference, but wasn't sure if it would make sense.