This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Cossack Squat (SLS/PE2) Form Check

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, July 9, 2015 · 6 Replies · 182 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Been working on increasing dorsiflexion with these so that my ankles stay grounded. My feet come out at an angle slightly, however, I noticed that the athlete's ankles come out slightly in the video, too.

 

 

This -im is always fun. I have been able to do these barefoot, for a while now. I still feel a little pressure on the inside of my knee, near the vastus medialis (which is due to a bone spur), but as you can see that pressure hasn't/doesn't limit my mobility here in any way. Let me know how these look objectively because at this point I'm not sure how I might improve upon them if I were to need to.

 

chuchodani

SLS/PE2: Looks good just work on that dorsiflexion.

iM: Looks good to me.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

I still am. Been integrating the deep yoga squat to work on this. The Achilles stretches from FSs help, too. Would you say it's good enough to progress on to SLS/PE3 (I obviously intend to keep PE2 in the warmup for the short hereafter)?

chuchodani

Yes, I think is good enough but waits for Zach's permission !

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Will do. Not sure if he's seen this progression.

Paul Gray

Well done Dan - this looks easy for you!  Your mobility is a lot better than mine.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Yeah, it has taken a while. I still do these all the time. It's a nice exercise to loosen up after sitting as well in getting up off of the ground.  PE3 is just a whole entire magnitude more difficult (for me). Stay on these until that ankle is not an issue, PE3 brings in a lot more complexity.