This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Gavin's Workout Log

Started by Gavin Strelitz, May 12, 2010 · 468 Replies · 17,909 Views

Gavin Strelitz

17 June 2011

Week: 2

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scapular Mobilisation routine

4 Rounds:

L-sit to Tuck PL

3 x Assisted HeSPU

L-sit to Tuck PL

5 x PB Dips to L-sit

L-sit to Tuck PL

7 x RX Pushups

Killer.

Gavin Strelitz

20 June 2011

Week: 3

3.5 mins rowing

Ido's Scapular Mobilisation Routine

3 Rounds:

5 x GHR Halves

10 x Weighted Lunges (10kg)

20m sprint

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

21 June 2011

Week: 3

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scapular Mobilisation routine

3 x 17s PB L-sit

3 x 5s FL Straddle

3 x 21s Adv Tuck BL

1 x 10 Cast Wall Walks

1 x 5 Pike Press HeS (Head on 6 mats)

1 x 10 Straddle Press HeS (Head on 6 mats)

12 x 15s Wall HS. About half of these were free standing, so the balance in the HS is improving very nicely.

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

22 June 2011

Week: 3

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scapular Mobilisation Routine

3 x 17s PB L-sit

3 x 5s Straddle FL

3 x 21s Adv Tuck BL

4 Rounds of:

2 Front Pulls (Adv Tuck)

5 Pullups (No free bar to swing over so did Pullups)

2 Front Pulls

7 TOPS Pulls (Adv Tuck)

2 Front Pulls

9 FL Pulls (Adv Tuck, 9, 7, 5, 5)

Stretching routine

Hard workout, my arms were jelly at the end.

Gavin Strelitz

24 June 2011

Week: 3

Ido's Scapular Mobilisation routine

2 x 17s PB L-sit

3 x 21s Adv Tuck BL

3 Sets of Ring Strength 1

3 x Adv Tuck FL (15s), PL Leans (15s), German Hangs (15s)

2 x 10 Wall Extensions

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

28 June 2011

Week: 4

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scapular Mobilisation Routine

3 x 5s FL Straddle (much better form now, hips nice and high, back straight, shoulders protracted)

3 Rounds of:

3 x 17s PB L-sit + 5 Dips. I wanted to try Russians but the gym doesn't have elongated dipping stations

3 x 21s Adv Tuck BL + 5 Reverse Yewkis (Adv tuck)

3 x 15s Adv Tuck FL + 5 Undergrip HLL

All performed with a 2 1 3 Tempo

10 Wall Walks

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

Was supposed to do a leg met-con WOD but I'm feeling a little low on energy and decided to skip it and rest the extra day. I'll get back into it on Thursday.

Gavin Strelitz

30 June 2011

Week: 4

3 x 17s PB L-sit

3 x 5s Straddle FL

3 x 21s Adv Tuck BL

3 Rounds:

3 x 5 GHR Halves

3 x 5 SLS

3 x 20m Sprint

Strecthing routine

Gavin Strelitz

1 June 2011

Week: 4

Ido's Shouder Mobilisation routine

1 x 10 Cast Wall Walks

1 x 5 Pike Press HeS (6 mats high)

1 x 10 Straddle Press HeS (6 mats high)

3 mins HS Wall Runs. (PB for me and focussing on building this up to the 10mins)

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

4 July 2011

Week: 5

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scapular Mobilisation Routine

3 x 17s PB L-sit

3 x 5s Straddle FL

3 x 21s Adv Tuck BL

4 Rounds:

2 CWW

12 PPP

2 CWW

8 PB Dips

2 CWW

6 Assisted HeSPU

Great workout. My arms weren't as bad as I thought they'd be at the end but again, really nice workout.

Gavin Strelitz

5 July 2011

Week: 5

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scapular Mobilisation Routine

3 Rounds Ring Strength 1

5 x FL (Adv Tuck), Wall HS, German Hang

3 x 21s Adv Tuck BL

2 x 10 Wall Extensions

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

7 July 2011

Week: 5

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scapular Mobilisation routine

3 x PB L-sit 17s

3 x 5s Straddle FL

3 Rounds

Adv Tuck BL (21s) + 5 L-sit Chin ups

Adv Frog Stand 15s + 5 Negative HeSPU

Adv Tuck FL + 360 Pulls (Tuck and Adv Tuck)

10 Wall Walks

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

8 July 2011

Week: 5

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scapular Mobilisation routine

3 x 17s PB L-sit

3 x 5s Straddle FL

3 x 21s Adv Tuck BL

3 Rounds

2 back Pulls (Tuck/Adv Tuck)

5 Chin ups

2 back Pulls (Tuck/Adv Tuck)

4 FL Pulls (Adv Tuck)

2 back Pulls (Tuck/Adv Tuck)

1 Cirque (rope climb)

Arms feel totally ruined and actually quite sore.

I am off on holidays tomorrow and flying out to the States for 4 weeks. I'll try and train where I can but I don't think I'll be updating my training log.

Gavin Strelitz

Alright, back from my trip and managed to train for the first two weeks of it. I'll be getting back into it today and also doing some FSP testing this week.

Gavin Strelitz

8 August 2011

Tested floor l-sit and got a max hold of 16s.

I also did the following WOD

3 Rounds:

BL (Adv Tuck) + 5 Tempo TOPS Pulls

L-sit + 5 Tempo Dips. The first set were Russians

FL(Adv Tuck) + 5 Undergrip HLL

5 x Bridge Wall Walks

Not bad for the first session after a bit of a layoff. I was feeling pretty rusty and still quite jet-lagged so I understand if my body doesn't quite feel 100%. I figure by the end of the week I'll be back into a more normal routine.

Gavin Strelitz

9 August 2011

Tested Wall HS and got a max hold of 72s

Also performed the WOD

4 Rounds:

2 Reverse Crank - Half

10 Towel Pullups

2 Reverse Crank - Half

3 FL Rows (Adv Tuck)

2 Reverse Crank - Half

3 FL Pulls - Half (Straddle)

Nice workout

Gavin Strelitz

11 August 2011

Week: 1

3 Rounds:

10 SLS

40' Jumping Deck Squats

5 GHR Halves

3 x 3 L-sit MU. The form on these is okay at the moment but I'll be cleaning them up as I go. Too much forward lean at the moment and the negative could be a lot cleaner as well.

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

12 August 2011

1 x 10 CWW

1 x 5 Pike Press HeS (8 mats)

1 x 10 Straddle Press HeS (8 mats)

3 x 5 HeSPU (first set negatives, second and third set assisted HeSPU)

120 shoulder taps of HS Wall runs. I am going to increase the number of taps by 10 each time this WOD comes up and work my way in to 10 mins of work

I also tested BL on Saturday and got a max hold of 52s. I know it isn't a full 60s but I am going to start straddle BL work.

Gavin Strelitz

15 August 2011

I tested my straddle FL and could hold it for 15s at least but would like to tidy up the form before I try further progressions.

4 Rounds:

15' Senders

12 SLS

15' Senders

8 NLC

15' Senders

4 Depth Jumps

Followed by some HS work and a full stretch, including 2 x 30s Weighted Pike Stretch

Gavin Strelitz

16 August 2011

Week: 1

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scap Routine

7 x 8s Floor L-Sit

3 Rounds of Ring Strength 1 (L-sit MU--RTO Support--Backroll to Inv Hang--Straddle BL--Inverted Hang--Straddle FL--Inverted Hang

5 Cranks - Half

3 Reverse Cranks - Half

5 x 15s Adv Tuck FL

5 x 15s Wall HS. I did atleast two of these free standing for the full 15s, I am starting to find the focal point.

5 x 15s German Hang

2 x 10 Wall Extensions

Messed around with Shoulder Stands for the first time and found I can press to SS from the ground, so I think I'll give Ring Strength 2 a try on the next ring strength day and throw in some SS work as well

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

18 August 2011

Week: 1

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scap Routine

2 x 30s HS holds on the wall. Most of it was freestanding so I'm getting there.

3 x 5s FL Straddle

3 x 5s BL Straddle

2 x 8s Floor L-sit

3 Rounds of:

PB L-sit + 5 Russian Dips

BL (Adv Tuck) + 5 Reverse Yewkis (Mix of Straddle and Adv Tuck)

FL (Adv Tuck) + 5 L-sit Lifts. These need work.

10 Bridge Wall Walks

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

19 August 2011

Week: 1

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scap Routine

7 x 8s Floor L-sit

3 x 5s Straddle FL

3 x 5s Straddle BL

4 Rounds

L-sit to Tuck PL

7 XR PPP

L-sit to Tuck PL

5 Dips to L-sit

L-sit to Tuck PL

3 Negative HeSPU

Stretching routine

Tough workout, I feel exhausted, but good. Bring on the weekend.

Gavin Strelitz

22 August 2011

Week: 2

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scap Routine

7 x 8s RX L-sit

3 x 5s Straddle FL

3 x 5s Straddle BL

2 x 30s HS

3 Rounds:

10 x Single leg Archups

10 x Weighted Lunges (12kg)

5 x HLL Undergrip. I am going to get some weights and start doing weighted HLL

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

23 August 2011

Week: 2

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scap Routine

7 x 8s RX L-sit

3 x 5s Straddle FL

3 x 5s Straddle BL

10 x CWW

1 x 5 Pike Press HeS (Head on 8 mats)

1 x 10 Straddle Press HeS (Head on 8 mats)

12 cycles of Wall HS

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

25 August 2011

Week: 2

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scap Routine

4 Rounds

2 Front Pulls (Straddle)

5 FL Rows (Adv Tuck)

2 Front Pulls (Straddle)

10 FL Pulls (Adv Tuck)

2 Front Pulls (Straddle)

10 Towel Pullups

Stretching routine