This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Gavin's Workout Log

Started by Gavin Strelitz, May 12, 2010 · 468 Replies · 17,909 Views

Gavin Strelitz

27 February 2011

Week 8

Ido's scapular mobilisation

1 min:

PB L-sit (16)

FL Adv Tuck 90/90 (18)

BL Adv Tuck (15)

2 rounds:

5 x Assisted HeSPU (3 1 3)

5 x Naners

3 rounds:

5 x SLS (3 1 3)

5 x Archups

10 x Wall extensions

Stretching routine

I'll be doing a light week this week, training on Tuesday and Thursday and then I'll be testing FSP's on Saturday and Sunday. The following Monday I'll be moving across to the WOD templates.

Gavin Strelitz

3 March 2011 and 1 March

I just did my normal workouts but only 1 set of 5 for each of the exercises and only 1 hold for the FSPs.

Testing to commence tomorrow and quite keen to check the results. Apart from that I'm really looking forward to training the WODS and starting to build some ability on the rings.

Gavin Strelitz

Alright, FSP testing results came out as follows

PB L-sit: Old 32s, New 32s. No change and not too sure why.

FL Adv Tuck 90/90: Old 36s, New 44s. Very pleased with this result.

BL Adv Tuck: Old 30s, New 37s. Also very pleased with this one.

Ring support: I didn't have a previous best but worked this after my normal testing. 21s is what I got.

I haven't tested my max HS, but I haven't really been working the skill too much. I might try that tonight anyway.

So from today on I am moving to the WOD template and really looking forward to new exercises and new everything really.

pogo69

If you're testing your FSPs, I'd separate them out into a couple a day. I've seen others suggest the same and it worked for me. By striving for a max, you're putting your body under a lot of stress even if it's for a short period of time. If that's what you were doing, just ignore me. :P

As for the L-sit; I'm going to suggest that perhaps you'll find that your form is better at the conclusion of the cycle than at the beginning? Without video to support it, it's difficult to say for sure.

The steady state cycle is "supposed" to be truly steady; that is, no changes in sets/duration/rest/form. But I know that personally, in my current cycle, my form is better in the L-sit than it was at the beginning of the cycle and I'm only about 4-5 weeks in. I think this is almost inevitable in the earlier stages.

Gavin Strelitz

Pogo,

Interesting comments around the form of the L-sit. I will check to see if that has been the case.

I do test my FSP's over two days but cheers for the advice. The testing process is surprisingly taxing.

Gavin Strelitz

7 March 2011

3 mins skipping

3 Rounds:

10 x Weighted Killers (Backpack with two phone directories)

5 GHR Halves

30m sprint with backpack on

I left out the straddle-l variation work as my right shoulder is a bit sore and I want to rest it for a day or two.

Gavin Strelitz

8 March 2011

Week:1

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scapular Mobilisation routine

4 x 16s PB L-sit

3 x 22s Adv Tuck 90/90 FL

3 x 18s Adv Tuck BL

6 x 10s RTO Ring Support

1 x 4 Cast Wall Walks. Brutal

1 x 5 Pike Press HeS

1 x 10 Straddle Press HeS

3 x HSPU ladders. I got to two steps in and should have done 5 reps but I was knackered

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

10 March 2011

Ido's scapular mobilisation

4 x 16s PB L-sit

3 x 22s Adv Tuck 90/90 FL

3 x 18s Adv Tuck BL

6 x 10s RTO Ring Support

3 Rounds:

60s Shuttle runs

5 Box jumps

20 Jumping Deck Squats

5 Depth Jumps

2 x 30s Weighted Pike Stretch along with my normal stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

11 March 2011

Light run to get warmed up

Ido's scapular mobilisation

16s x 4 PB L-sit

3 Rounds of Ring Strength 1 (Jumping MU to RTO support, backward roll to Adv Tuck BL, pullout to Inverted Hang, lower to Adv Tuck 90/90 FL, pull to Inverted Hang)

5 x 15s Adv Tuck 90/90 FL

5 x 15s HS (Wall)

5 x 15s German Hangs

Stretching routing

Gavin Strelitz

14 March 2011

Light run to warm up

Ido's scapular mobilisation routine

1 x 16s PB L-sit

3 Rounds of:

Embedded BL Adv Tuck(18s) + 5 Naners

Embedded PB L-sit (16s) + 5 Dips

Embedded FL Adv Tuck 90/90 (22s) + 5 Adv Tuck Body Levers

10 x Bridge Wall Walks

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

15 March 2011

Week: 2

3 mins skipping

4 x 16s PB L-sit

3 x 22s Adv Tuck 90/90 FL

3 x 18s Adv Tuck BL

3 rounds of:

15s HS

5 x PPP

30s of swinging in preparation for swinging dips

15 "steps" on the PB in low tuck position (l-sit) as a scaled version of L-sit walks

2 x 10 Wrist pushups

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

17 March 2011

3 mins skipping

3 Rounds of:

30m Sled sprint (slight uphill, two phone directories in a backpack)

10 Weighted Killers (same backpack)

5 GHR Halves

5 Under-grip HLL

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

18 March 2011

3 mins skipping

Ido's scap mobilisation

4 x 16s PB L-sit

3 x 22s Adv Tuck 90/90 FL

3 x 18 Adv Tuck BL

6 x 10s RTO supports

1 x 4 Cast Wall Walks

1 x 5 Pike Press HeS

1 x 10 Straddle Press HeS

4 x 15s Wall HS

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

My right shoulder is slightly aggravated so I went to physio and she massage it and opened up the AC joint a bit. I will give pulling and pushing a rest for the week and do legs and abs. A week off now to save any more time further on is a good trade off. It's a pity though as I'm missing ring WODS. :roll: Oh well.

Longshanks

Thanks for the Feedback Gavin. I definitely bare what you've said in mind. Although there are a lot of athletes on this forum that seem to get away with progressing quite fast, for some of us that just isn't possible. There was a time when I used to think OAC's and planche were reasonable goals. Now I know roughly my rate of increases I'll be happy to build up to 5*5 for tuck rows, PPP's and Barbell Squats with 1*BW in the next year.

Gavin Strelitz

For sure. You can only progress as fast as your body will let you. Mine is also quite slow to adapt to volume and intensity but so be it.

Gavin Strelitz

28 March 2011

Ido's Scapular mobilisation

3 Rounds of:

5 x Weighted Archups (backpack with two phone directories)

20m Sprint with backpack on

5 x RLL (backpack strapped to my legs)

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

29 March 2011

Week: 3

3 mins skipping

Ido's scapular mobilisation

4 x 16s PB L-sit

1 x 22s Adv Tuck FL

1 x 18s Adv Tuck BL

Having had a week away with a sore shoulder (healed now) I thought I would ease back into the FSP warmup over a few sessions.

1 x 5 Cast Wall Walks (1 more than last time)

1 x 5 Pike Press HeS

1 x 10 Straddle Press HeS

4 x 15s Wall HS holds

2 x 10 Wrist pushups (on knees)

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

31 March 2011

Week: 3

Light run from my office to the training park in the city.

Ido's Scapular Mobilisation

4 x 16s PB L-sit

2 x 22s Adv Tuck 90/90 FL

2 x 18s Adv Tuck 90/90 BL

3 Rounds of:

15s Wall HS

10 x RX Pushups

15 Wallabies

10 Swings

2 x 10 Wrist Pushups on knees

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

1 April 2010

Week: 3

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scapular Mobilisation routine

4 x 16s PB L-sit

2 x 18s Adv Tuck 90/90 BL

3 Rounds of Ring Strength 1

Jumping MU--Support--Backward Roll--Adv Tuck BL--Pull out to Inverted Hang--Adv Tuck FL 90/90--Pull to Inverted Hang

5 x 15s Adv Tuck 90/90 FL

5 x 15s Wall HS

5 x 15s German Hang

3 x Slow as possible MU negatives

2 x 10 Wall Extension

Stretching routine.

Bring on the weekend.

Gavin Strelitz

4 April 2010

Week: 4

Ido's Scapular Mobilisation

4 x 16s PB L-sit

3 Rounds of:

1 x Embedded BL (Adv Tuck 90/90) 18s + 5 Tucked Rows

1 x Embedded PL (Frogstand) 15s + 5 PPP

1 x Embedded FL (adv Tuck 90/90) 22s + 5 L-sit lifts

10 Bridge Wall Walks

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

5 April 2010

Warmed up with a light run to the beach

Ido's Scapular Mobilisation

3 Rounds of:

60s Shuttle runs

5 x Towel Pullups

10 x Naners

5 x Front Pulls (Tuck)

Stretching routine

I didn't do FSP's today, I am keeping these to three times a week, but I was very surprised with the amount of work I got through and the way I feel. Absoultely no DOMS or stiffness now (day after) and I feel fine. Great WOD. I will look to add more volume to these ones in the future.

Gavin Strelitz

7 April 2010

Week: 4

3 mins skipping

3 x 6 Weighted Archups. I tried to do circular but the bars I do them on are very uncomfortable and were digging into my hips. I used a backpack with two phone books as weights.

10 x Weighted Lunges. I used the same backpack. I don't own any weights and I am not a member of a gym so getting better weights for this probably wont happen.

3 x 6 Weighted RLL. Straight legs and used the backpack as weights

Hip extension series

Stretching routine.

I've had quite a bad stomach bug and generally not feeling great so I'm going to skip tomorrow's WOD and start fresh on Monday with FSP work inserted back in the routine.

Gavin Strelitz

11 April 2010

Week: 5

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scapular Mobilisation

4 x 16s PB L-sit

3 x 22s Adv Tuck 90/90 FL

3 x 18s Adv Tuck BL

6 x 10s RTO Support

2 Slow as possible MU negatives

1 MU

4 Rounds:

Senders

8 Box Jumps

4 Depth Jumps

12 Jumping Squats

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

April 12 2011

Week: 5

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scapular mobilisation

4 x 16s PB L-sit

3 x 18s Adv Tuck BL

3 Rounds of Ring Strength 1

MU--RTO Support--Backward Roll--Adv Tuck BL--Inverted Hang--Adv Tuck 90/90 FL--Inverted hang

5 x 15s Adv Tuck 90/90 FL

5 x 15s HS

5 x 15s German hang

2 x 10 Wall Extensions

Stretching routine

Foam roller session