This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Gavin's Workout Log

Started by Gavin Strelitz, May 12, 2010 · 468 Replies · 17,909 Views

Gavin Strelitz

14 April 2011

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scapular Mobilisation

1 x 16s PB L-sit

6 x 10s RTO Support

3 Rounds of:

Embedded PB L-sit (16s) + 5 Jumping MU

Embedded BL (Advt Tuck 18s) + 6 Curl Ups (3 1 3)

Embedded FL (Adv Tuck 22s) + 6 HLL (undergrip 3 1 3)

10 Bridge Wall Walks

Stretching routine

This one was tough, my arms were destroyed at the end.

Gavin Strelitz

15 April 2011

Run to training park in the city

Ido's Scapular Mobilisation routine

4 Rounds:

16 Taps HS Wall Runs

3 Assisted HeSPU

5 Dips to L-sit (PB)

7 Pushups (3 clapping, 4 normal)

2 x 10 Wrist pushups

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

18 April 2011

Week: 6

Run to the training park in the city

3 x 5 GHR Halves

3 x 5 SLS (5 each leg)

3 x 60m hill sprints

4 x 16s PB L-sit

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

19 April 2011

Week: 6

Three mins skipping

Ido's Scapular mobilisation

4 x 16s PB L-sit

3 x 22s Adv Tuck 90/90 FL

3 x 18s Adv Tuck 90/90 BL

6 x 10s RTO Support

1 x 6 Cast Wall Walks (1 more than last time. Getting there)

1 x 5 Pike Press HeS

1 x 10 Straddle Press HeS. (both of these were much better, I didn't come down once and I managed to lightly tap my toes on the ground between reps. I am going to slightly increase the height of my HeS for next time)

4 x 15s Wall HS

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

26 April 2011

Week: 7

4 Rounds of:

30m Sprint

20m Squat Jumps

10 Depth Jumps

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

28 April 2011

Week: 7

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scapular Mobilisation routine

4 x 16s PB L-sit

3 x 22s Adv Tuck 90/90 FL

3 x 18s Adv Tuck BL

3 Rounds of:

10 Circular HLL

10 Weighted Lunges (medicine ball, not sure how much it weighs though)

5 GHR Halves

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

29 April 2011

Week: 7

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scapular Mobilisation routine

4 x 16s PB L-sit

3 x 22s Adv Tuck 90/90 FL

3 x 18s Adv Tuck 90/90 BL

1 x 7 Cast Wall Walks (1 more than last time)

1 x 5 Pike Press HeS (head on 10-15cm block)

1 x 10 Straddle Press HeS (head on 10-15cm block)

90s HS Wall runs. I am going to build this slowly to the 10 mins required

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

2 May 2011

Week: 8

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scapular Mobilisation routine

4 x 16s PB L-sit

3 x 22s Adv tuck 90/90 FL

3 x 18s Adv Tuck 90/90 BL

3 Rounds of:

2 x CWW

3 x Assisted HeSPU

2 x CWW

5 x Dips to L-sit

2 x CWW

7 x Single Clap Pushups

Stretching routine

Tough workout. I have decided that I will test FSP's after week 9. After that point I will do all 4 rounds of these types of WODS and look to increase intensity of exercises on other WODS.

Gavin Strelitz

3 May 2011

Week: 8

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scapular Mobilisation routine

3 Rounds of Ring Strength 1

3 x MU

5 x 15s Adv Tuck 90/90 FL

5 x 15s Wall HS

5 x 15s German Hangs

2 x 10 Wall Extensions

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

5 May 2011

Week: 8

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scapular Mobilisation routine

3 Rounds of:

L-sit (16s) + 5 Dips

Adv Tuck 90/90 FL (22s) + 5 Inverted Chins

Adv Tuck 90/90 BL (18s) + 6 Undergrip HLL

10 Bridge Wall Walks

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

6 May 2011

Week: 8

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scapular Mobilisation routine

3 rounds of:

60s Shuttle Runs

10 x Front Pulls (Adv Tuck)

5 x Pullups

7 x Towel Pull-ups

Stretching routine

It's been a hard week and I found this one very tough. Looking forward to the weekend.

Gavin Strelitz

9 May 2011

Week: 9

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scapular Mobilisation routine

4 x 16s L-sit

3 x 22s Adv Tuck 90/90 FL

3 x 18s Adv Tuck 90/90 BL

3 Rounds of:

30s sprinting on a bike

10 x Weighted Killers with 12.5kg dumbells

5 x GHR Halves

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

10 May 2011

Week: 9

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scapular Mobilisation routine

8 x Cast Wall Walks (1 more than last time)

1 x 5 Pike Press HeS (head elevated 10cm)

1 x 10 Straddle Press HeS (head elevated 10cm)

The form on my HeS Press work wasn't great so I will stay at this level until the strength increases.

3 x HSPU ladders. These take a long time to complete so I cut this short. I did three stations.

1 min HS Wall Runs

2 x 10 Wrist pushups on knees

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

12 May 2011

Week: 9

4 rounds of:

60s Shuttle Runs

5 x Box Jumps

20m Jumping Squats

5 x Depth Jumps

2 x 30s Weighted Pike Strecth

Full stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

23 May 2011

Taken a week off to recover and stretch. I will be having a light upper body week this week, focussing on legs and then planning to strength test this coming weekend. I'll be testing L-sit, FL and BL.

Gavin Strelitz

23 May 2011

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scapular Mobilisation routine

4 rounds:

40' Jumping for height and distance

8 Box Jumps

4 Depth Jumps

10 Jumping Deck Squats

5 x PPP

5 x Tuck Rows

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

26 May 2011

5 mins on a spinning bike

Ido's Scapular Mobilisation Routine

3 Rounds of:

5 x HLL

10 x Weighted Lunges (7kg medicine ball)

5 x GHR Halves

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

30 May 2011

I tested L-sit on the weekend. old time 32s, new time 34s.

It was raining for the rest of the weekend so couldn't do anything else. I also have a slight niggle in my chest, and, given I have had problems with my pec minor in the past, am going to wait on testing to see my physio to get a quick check to see all is well.

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scapular Mobilisation routine

3 Rounds of:

5 x SLS

5 x GHR

5 x Leg raises

1 x 5 PPP

1 x 5 Rows

Strecthing routine

Gavin Strelitz

2 June 2011

Tested Adv Tuck 90/90 FL tonight. Old time 44s, new time 55s. I'm obviously very happy with that and so tomorrow or over the weekend I'll test my Straddle FL. Woohoo!

I now need to test my BL and then I'll have everything ready to go for a new cycle on Monday.

Gavin Strelitz

6 June 2011

Week: 1

5 mins rowing

Ido's Scapular Mobilisation Routine

3 x 5s Straddle FL. Terrible form, my body needs to get used to the new position, but fun trying it out anyway.

3 rounds of:

Adv Frog Stand 15s + 5 Jumping MU

21s Adv Tuck BL + 5 HeS RLL

15s Adv Tuck FL + 5 L-sit Lifts

3 x 17s PB L-sit

10 x Bridge Wall Walks

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

7 June 2011

5 mins rowing

4 Rounds of:

2 x Front Pulls

5 x FL Rows (Adv Tuck)

2 x Front Pulls

3 x TOPS Pulls

2 x Front Pulls

1 x Cirque

I did one of the Front Pulls full-lay and couple of the others as Straddle but all up very good. The Cirques need a lot of work, particularly on the way down.

Gavin Strelitz

9 June 2011

Week: 1

1km rowing

Ido's Scaplurar Mobilisation Routine

3 x 17s PB L-sit

3 x 5s Straddle FL

3 x 21s Adv Tuck BL

3 Rounds:

1 x 10 SLS

3 x 5 GHR Halves

3 x 60m Sprint

Stretching Routine

Gavin Strelitz

13 June 2011

Week: 2

Ido's Scapular Mobilisation routine

4 Rounds of:

40' Senders

10 Jumping Deck Squats

8 Box Jumps

4 Depth Jumps

2 x 30s Weighted Pike Stretch

Full stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

14 June 2011

3 mins rowing

Ido's Scapular Mobilisation routine

3 Rounds: Ring Strength 1 (MU--Support--Back roll to Straddle BL--pull to Inv Hang--Straddle FL--Inverted Hang)

5 x 15s FL Adv Tuck

5 x 15s HS

5 x 15s German Hang

2 x 10 Wall Extensions

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

16 June 2011

Week: 2

3.5 mins rowing

3 Rounds:

BL (Adv Tuck) + 5 Tops Pulls

L-Sit + 5 Pike Press HeS

FL (Adv Tuck) + 6 HLL

10 Bridge Wall Walks

This was a very tough workout, I felt ruined after. I don't get the chest roll to HeS body action. My brain jsut can't quite put it together yet.