This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Gavin's Workout Log

Started by Gavin Strelitz, May 12, 2010 · 468 Replies · 17,909 Views

Gavin Strelitz

26 August 2011

Week: 2

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scap routine

3 Rounds of RS2

I couldn't quite complete the forward roll to MU. I can complete the roll but found it very difficult to keep the false grip, so I had to re-set it after the roll and continue. Not bad for my first effort, I'll keep at it until I have it down.

5 x 15s Adv Tuck FL

5 x 15s XR Support

5 x 15s German Hang

2 x 10 Wall Extensions

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

29 August 2011

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scap routine

7 x 8s RX L-sit

3 x 5s Straddle FL

3 x 5s Straddle BL

3 rounds:

BL (Adv Tuck) + 5 L-sit Chins

PL (Frog Stand) + 5 Negative HeSPU

FL (Adv Tuck) + 5 Body Levers (Straddle)

10 Bridge Wall Walks

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

30 August 2011

Week: 3

Ido's Scap Routine

4 Rounds:

60s Skipping

30m Sprint

60s Skipping

15 Squat Jumps

60s Skipping

10 Depth Jumps

2 x 30s Seated Toe Point Stretch

Tough routine but a very good one. I was pretty knackered after.

Gavin Strelitz

1 September 2011

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scap Routine

7 x 8s RX L-sit

3 x 5s Straddle FL

3 x 5s Straddle BL

3 Rounds

10 x Killers (24kg)

5 x Windshield Wipers

5 x Weighted Archups (8kg)

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

2 September 2011

Week: 3

3 mins skippins

Ido's Scap Routine

7 x 8s RX L-sit

3 x 5s Straddle BL

3 x 5s Straddle FL

10 CWW

1 x 5 Pike Press HeS

1 x 10 Straddle Press HeS

130 HS Wall Run taps. ( I will increase by 10 taps each time this WOD comes up)

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

5 September 2011

Had some bad family news and my right shoulder is pretty sore so I took the day off and did some stretching. I might do a light session today and then get back into it on Thursday.

Gavin Strelitz

6 September 2011

Week: 4

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scap Routine

3 Rounds:

5 x SLS

5 x Single leg archups

5 x undergrip HLL

One set of:

5 x PPP

5 x Russian Dips

5 x Assisted HeSPU

5 x L-sit chins

Stretching routine

My shoulder is feeling better and after another rest day it should be fine to get back into the WODs.

Gavin Strelitz

8 September 2011

Week: 4

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scap Routine

7 x 8s RX L-sit

1 x 5s Straddle FL

1 x 5s Straddle BL

3 Rounds:

1 Embedded BL (Adv Tuck) + 5 Tempo Adv Tuck Rows

1 Embedded PL (Frogstand) + 5 Tempo XR PPP

1 Embedded FL (Adv Tuck) + 5 Tempo L-sit Lifts (Tucked)

9 September 2011

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scap Routine

7 x 8s RX L-sit

3 x 5s Straddle FL

3 x 5s Straddle BL

2 Reverse Cranks-Half

10 TOPS Pulls

2 Reverse Cranks-Half

5 Chin-ups in L-sit

2 Reverse Cranks-Half

10 Towel pullups

Stretching routine

12 September 2011

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scap Routine

7 x 8s RX L-sit

3 x 5s Straddle FL

3 x 5s Straddle BL

3 Rounds

5 Single leg Archups

5 SLS

5 HeS RLL

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

13 September 2011

Week: 5

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scap routine

7 x 8s RX L-sit

3 x 5s Straddle FL

3 x 5s Straddle BL

10 x CWW

5 Pike Press HeS (head elevated 15cm)

10 Straddle Press HeS (head elevated 15cm)

Walking HSPU ladders (2 rungs, 5 rounds)

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

15 September 2011

Week: 5

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scap routine

4 Rounds

5m Senders

5 Box Jumps

5m Senders

10 Squat Jumps

5m Senders

5 Depth Jumps

2 x 30s Weighted Pike Stretch

Stretching routine

Great workout, my legs were destroyed at the end of this.

Gavin Strelitz

16 September 2011

Week: 5

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scap Routine

3 Rounds of Ring Strength 2

5 x 15s FL (Adv Tuck)

5 x 15s Wall HS

5 x 15s German Hang

2 x 10 Wall Extensions

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

19 September 2011

Week: 6

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scap Routine

7 x 8s RX L-sit

3 x 5s Straddle FL

3 x 5s Straddle BL

3 Rounds

PL (Frog Stand) + 5 MU (First set in L-sit, 2nd and 3rd Jumping)

BL (Adv Tuck) + 5 HeS RLL

FL (Adv Tuck) + 5 V-Ups (Straddle)

All with 413 Tempo

10 x Bridge Wall Walks

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

20 September 2011

Week: 6

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scap Routine

4 Rounds:

L-sit Press to PL (Tuck)

7 x PPP XR

L-sit Press to PL (Tuck)

5 Russina Dips

L-sit Press to PL (Tuck)

3 Negative HeSPU

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

22 September 2011

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scap Routine

7 x 8s RX L-sit

3 x 5s Straddle BL

3 x 5s Straddle FL

3 Rounds:

5 x GHR

10 Weighted Lunges (14kg)

4 Side Lever Pulls (1/2 Negative). First time trying these and by the end they were looking better. Getting the grip right will take a bit of work as well

2 Windshield Wipers

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

23 September 2011

Week: 6

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scap Routine

7 x 8s RX L-sit

3 x 5s Straddle BL

3 x 5s Straddle FL

10 x CWW

1 x 5 Pike Press HeS

1 x 10 Straddle Press HeS

8 x 30s Wall HS

Stretching routine

I'll be taking week 7 a bit slower as I have the GB seminar coming up this weekend.

Gavin Strelitz

26 September 2011

Week: 7

2 mins rowing

Ido's Scap Routine

7 x 8s RX L-sit

3 x 5s Straddle BL

3 x 5s Straddle FL

4 Rounds

2 FL Pulls (Full-lay Rounds 1 and 2, then Straddle)

10 Tops Pulls

2 FL Pulls (Full-lay Rounds 1 and 2, then Straddle)

5 Adv Tuck Rows

2 FL Pulls (Full-lay Rounds 1 and 2, then Straddle)

10 Towel Pullups (10, 10, 8, 5)

Stretching routine

I'll only be training tomorrow and then take the remaining downs off until the seminar.

Gavin Strelitz

27 September 2011

Week: 7

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scap Routine

3 Rounds Ring Strength 2

My forward roll to MU still isn't quite right. I can't seem to keep the false grip or I am doing someting wrong with my wrist placement. I'll ask at the seminar how to fix this up.

5 x 15s FL (Adv Tuck)

5 x 15s Ring HS (Assisted)

5 x 15s German Hang

2 x 10 Wall Extension

Stretching routine

Right, I'm resting now until seminar time and am just going to do some stretching between now and then.

Gavin Strelitz

My post-seminar workout log is going to look quite a bit different to what I was doing before. I learned so much and will be slotting that into my WOD work as I go.

I took a couple days off after the seminar and will be set to finish off week 8 of this cycle on Thursday.

Today will be a flexibility day in the gym, which I will post later on.

Gavin Strelitz

5 October 2011

Week: 8

Dillon's Shoulder Theraband routine

Full wrist series

Jefferson curls (10kg)

Weighted Pike Stretch (10kg)

Weighted Shoulder stretch in Pike

Xiao Pengs

Bungee cable work on scaps and a few other bits and pieces.

I stretched for a good 45mins to an hour, which felt great. I have alot of room for improvement when it comes to flexibility.

Gavin Strelitz

6 October 2011

Really focusing on meticulous form now and taking it nice and slow

Week: 8

3 mins skipping

Dillon's Theraband routine

Ido's Scap Routine

4 Rounds

2 CWW

3 HeSPU Negatives

2 CWW

5 Russian Dips

2 CWW

7 XR PPP (failed on the last two of set 4, did them on the floor instead)

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

7 October 2011

Week: 8

Dillon's shoulder series

Wrist series

3 Rounds of Ring Strength 2 (added in press to Shoulder stand)

5 x 15s FL (Adv Tuck)

5 x 15s Wall HS

5 x 15s German Hang

2 x 10 Wall Extensions

Weighted stretching routine

I'm testing FSP work in the coming week, so it'll be a low training week.

Gavin Strelitz

Testing result

Old FX L-sit 16s

New FX L-sit 33s

Great result, I'm really happy with this one.

Edward Smith

Gavin,

nice work, really great to see such an improvement. Hopefully soon you'll be able to do a 60s L-sit on floor so at the next Aus Seminar at least one person will be able to :mrgreen:

Gavin Strelitz

Yeah I was very happy with this one although the improvement has a alot to do with hand placement that was poor when I initially tested it. On to 60s.....

Good win for your boys in the ruggers, good luck in the semi's.

Gavin Strelitz

13 October 2011

Still testing FSP's this week, with BL to be tested later today.

I tried a full lay FL and could hold it for 2-4s, so I'll be working that into my next cycle of work.

I also tested HS and Body Lever statics

HS (Wall to stomach): 63s. Pretty please with this as the form is much better than it was

Body Lever: Haven't tested this before but held a 45s (at 45 degrees) body lever