This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Gavin's Workout Log

Started by Gavin Strelitz, May 12, 2010 · 468 Replies · 17,909 Views

Gavin Strelitz

13 October 2011

Tested BL and I can hold a full lay for around 5s, so I will be adding that in to the next cycle.

My left shoulder is unexpectedly quite sore though but I have a three day rest. Hopefully it recovers in that time.

Craig Rackemann

Gavin, nice work on those max holds!

Great meeting you at the seminar, it'll be interesting to see how everyone's progress improves will all the new knowledge.

Gavin Strelitz

Thanks Craig, nice meeting you too.

Week: 1

Knee Routine

Ido's Scap Routine

RX L-sit: 4 x 17s

4 Rounds

5m Senders

12 SLS

5m Senders

8 Box Jumps

5m Senders

4 Depth Jumps

Stretching routine, including 2 x 30s Weighted (12kg) Pike Stretch

Really nice workout, my legs are sore this morning.

Gavin Strelitz

19 October 2011

Week: 1

Dillon's shoulder theraband routine

3 mins skipping

4 x 17s RX L-sit

3 x 20 Body Lever static

3 Rounds of Ring Strength 2

5 x 15s FL (adv tuck)

5 x 15s Wall HS

5 x 15S German Hang

2 x 10 Wall Extensions

Full stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

20 October 2011

Week: 1

3 mins skipping

Dillon's Therabnd Routine

2 x 7s Straddle FL, 1 x 2s Full-lay FL

2 x 5s BL, 1 x 8s Straddle BL

4 x 17s RX L-sit

3 Rounds:

BL (adv tuck) + 6 Bulgarian Pull-ups

PL (Frog) + 5 HeSPU (Negative and a kick up from HeS to HS)

FL (adv tuck) + 5 Body Levers (Full lay)

Stretching routine

Nice workout, the tempo was pretty challenging.

Gavin Strelitz

21 October 2011

Week: 1

3 mins skipping

Ido's Scap Routine

4 Rounds:

2 L-sit to PL (tuck)

7 x Negative HeSPU

2 L-sit to PL (tuck)

5 Russian Dips and some swings

2 L-sit to PL (tuck)

3 PB Upperarm pushups

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

22 October 2011

Week: 2

3 mins skipping

Knee routine

4 x 17s RX L-sit

FL work (Straddle -10s, one-legged 5s)

BL work (Straddle, 2 full-lay holds)

3 x 20s Body Lever hold at 45 degrees

3 x 30s HS

3 Rounds

10 Overhead lunges (14kg)

5 GHR

20m Sprint

Stretching

Gavin Strelitz

25 October 2011

Week: 2

4 x 17s RX L-sit

FL work (Straddle -10s, one-legged 5s)

BL work (Straddle, 2 full-lay holds)

3 x 20s Body Lever hold at 45 degrees

10 CWW

5 Pike Press HeS

10 Straddle Press HeS

12 cycles of Wall HS

The HeS presses were done with an extra mat under my head, so the distance is increasing gradually.

Gavin Strelitz

27 October 2011

Week: 2

3 mins skipping

Ido and Dillon's Shoulder routine

4 Rounds

2 Front Pulls (Full-lay and straddle)

9 Front Lever Pulls (Straddle and adv tuck)

2 Front Pulls (Full-lay and straddle)

7 L Sit Chins

2 Front Pulls (Full-lay and straddle)

5 Adv Tuck Rows

Stretching routine

I was feeling really tired and my body just didn't have that much juice in it but still managed to get through quite a bit. This is my first time doing straddle Front Lever pulls so I am happy with that development.

Gavin Strelitz

28 October 2011

Week: 2

3 mins skipping

Dillon's Shouler routine

4 x 17s RX L-sit

3 Rounds:

Mu -- RTO Support--L-sit--Press to Shoulder Stand--Forward roll to hanging L--2 x Half Crank (to straddle FL)--2 x Reverse Half Crank (full lay BL)

5 x 15s FL (adv Tuck)

5 x 15s PL Leans

5 x 15s German Hangs

Full stretch including 2 x 10 Wall Extensions

Gavin Strelitz

31 October 2011

Week: 3

3 mins skipping

4 x 17s RX L-sit

3 x 20s Body Lever Static

3 x 30s HS

3 x BL (full-lay and Straddle)

3 x FL (straddle and one-leg forward)

3 Rounds

BL (Adv Tuck) + 5 XR FL Rows (Adv Tuck)

PL (Frogstand) + 5 XR PPP

FL (Adv Tuck) + 5 L-sit Lifts (Tuck)

All completed with a 234 Tempo

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

1 November 2011

Week: 3

4 x 17s RX L-sit

3 x 20s Body Lever Static

3 x 30s HS

3 x BL (full-lay and Straddle)

3 x FL (straddle and one-leg forward)

4 Rounds:

60s skipping

10 Depth Jumps

60s skipping

15 Jumping Squats

60s skipping

30m sprint (did this in the gym, so did 6 x 5m sprints)

2 x 60s Seated Toe Point Stretch and a range of other leg stretches

Gavin Strelitz

3 November 2011

Week: 3

3 Rounds

10 Killers (2 x 12.5kg DBs)

5 Archups (10kg)

5 RLL

Stretching routine

I was in the gym and there isn't really a place to sprint, so I left it out.

Gavin Strelitz

4 November 2011

Week:3

4 x 17s RX L-sit

3 x 20s Body Lever Static

3 x BL (full-lay and Straddle)

3 x FL (straddle and one-leg forward)

1 x 10 CWW

1 x 5 Pike Press HeS

1 x 5 Straddle Press HeS

1 x 5 Negative Straddle Press (coming down off the wall in a straddle)

5 mins hand stand wall runs (30s on, 60s off)

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

7 November 2011

Week:4

3 mins skipping

4 x 17s FX L-sit

3 x 20s Body Lever Static

3 x BL (full-lay and Straddle)

3 x FL (straddle and one-leg forward)

4 Rounds:

2 CWW

12 Box HeSPU

2 CWW

8 PB Dips

2 CWW

6 XR Bulgarian pushups

2 x 5 Wrist pushups (on knees)

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

8 November 2011

Week: 4

3 mins skipping

3 Rounds:

MU to BL (first attempts, not too bad), pullout to L-sit hang, adjust grip and MU to Shoulder Stand, negative reverse MU to inverted hang, BL, FL

5 x 15s FL (Adv Tuck)

5 x 15s Foot assisted HS on rings

5 x 15s German Hang

Stretching routine including 2 x 10 Wall extensions

Gavin Strelitz

10 November 2011

Week: 4

3 mins skipping

4 x 17s FX L-sit

3 x 20s Body Lever Static

3 x BL (full-lay and Straddle)

3 x FL (straddle and one-leg forward)

3 Rounds:

PL (Frogstand) + 5 MU (Did 7 normal, 8 jumping)

BL (Adv Tuck) + 6 Circular Archups

FL (Adv Tuck) + 5 HLL (+1.25kg)

10 Bridge Wall Walks

Gavin Strelitz

11 November 2011

Week 4

3 mins skipping

4 x 17s FX L-sit

3 x 20s Body Lever Static

3 x BL (full-lay and Straddle)

3 x FL (straddle and one-leg forward)

3 Rounds ( I just didn't have enough for 4 rounds)

2 Reverse Crank Halves

5 L-sit Chins

2 Reverse Crank Halves

8 FL Pulls (Straddle and Adv Tuck)

2 Reverse Crank Halves

10 Towel Pullups

Stretching routine

This week was really tough on my body, I don't think I've pushed this hard in a long while. For the first time ever I couldn't complete the 4th round of my WOD so just took it as a sign that my body is crushed and maybe I need to pull back a bit.

Gavin Strelitz

14 November 2011

Week: 5

3 mins skipping

3 Rounds:

10 SLS

5 GHR Halves

6 Circular Archups (+10kg)

1 min double unders skipping (no room to sprint in the gym)

1 min Straddle L work (low) 4 x 15s holds

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

15 November 2011

Week: 5

3 mins skipping

4 x 17s FX L-sit

Dillon's Shoulder routine

10 CWW

1 x 5 Pike Press HeS

1 x 5 Straddle Press Hes

1 x 5 Straddle Press Negatives off a wall

5 Rounds of HS pushups (2 rungs)

Gavin Strelitz

17 November 2011

Week: 5

3 mins skipping

4 Rounds:

15' Senders

16 SLS

15' Senders

10 Box Jumps (added another plate, so highest bench yet)

15' Senders

5 Depth Jumps

Stretching routine including 2 x 30s Weighted Pike Stretch

Feeling a little run down and my posterior deltoid is feeling stiff and sore so I think I will skip tonight's WOD and have an extra recovery day.

Gavin Strelitz

So, the stiffness and soreness in my posterior deltoid has continued and I think I've strained it. I am off to physio on Wednesday to get it looked at. I might be sidelined for 4-6 weeks with this one, so I'll have to work around it for a while. I can pretty much put it down to not scaling correctly. Oh well... :cry:

18 mins skipping

60 HBR

60 ABR

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

22 November 2011

Knee routine

5 GHR

5 SLS

5 Archups (10 kg)

60 HBR

60 ABR

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

The physio had a look at my shoulder and the synopsis is better than I expected. I should be back in action in two weeks with the upper body work. I'll see how I progress in that time.

Gavin Strelitz

Shoulder feels 100% but managed to lock up my lower back on the weekend, so I'm taking another week off to relax and sort out my body.