This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Gavin's Workout Log

Started by Gavin Strelitz, May 12, 2010 · 468 Replies · 17,909 Views

Gavin Strelitz

Healing up and returning to action this coming Monday.

Gavin Strelitz

Still healing up. I am going to start some light cardio and stretching and get my body moving again. Then I'll slowly get back into the WODS, probably in the new year.

Gavin Strelitz

3 January 2012

My shoulder has recovered and I am going to slowly work my way back into the WODs.

3 mins skipping

3 Rounds

5 x NLC

5 x Archups

5 x V-Ups

1 x 3 Dips

1 x 3 Chin ups

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

5 January 2012

3 mins skipping

Ido's Band Routine

5 x FX Pushups

5 x Foot supported Rows

3 x 5 SLS

3 x 5 HLL

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

9 January 2012

3 mins skipping

Ido's band Routine

1 x 5 Pullups

1 x 5 Dips

3 x 5 GHR Halves

3 x 5 HLL

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

11 January 2011

The road to full recovery is well under way and progressing nicely. The arm feels fine and the body is enjoying the exercise again. I'll continue with my slow plan back into WOD work, should take roughly 4-5 weeks.

3 mins skipping

Ido's Band Routine

1 x 5 Assisted HeSPU

1 x 5 Dips

3 x 5 SLS

3 x 5 HLL

20 ABR

20 HBR

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

13 January 2011

3 mins skipping

Ido's Band Routine

1 x 5 FX Pushups

1 x 5 Foot supported Rows

Both were performed as slowly as possible and with full control throughout the movement.

3 x 5 GHR Halves

3 x 5 V-Ups

30 ABR

30 HBR

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

16 January 2012

3 mins skipping

Ido's Band Routine

Various rotator cuff exercises

2 x 5 Pullups

2 x 5 Dips

3 x 5 SLS

3 x 5 HLL

35 ABR

35 HBR

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

18 January 2012

3 mins skipping

Band routine

2 x 5 Assisted HeSPU

2 x 5 Dips

3 x 5 HLL

3 x 5 GHR Halves

40 ABR

40 HBR

Stretching routine

Adam Bodestyne

Hi Gavin, I noticed you've been increasing your reps of ABR and HBR each workout for the past few workouts. Is that because you just started at a cautiously easy level and are just increasing slowly until you find your limit?

Gavin Strelitz

Hey Thanners,

I'm working my way back in from an injury (posterior deltoid) and moving to 60 ABR/HBR. Once I'm there I'll keep it at 60.

Yeah, I started at 30 and that was no problem, so just upping it until I hit 60.

Adam Bodestyne

Ouch; well, I hope that (the recovery) is coming along well.

Hmm, I guess I'll have to start working on the ABR and HBR too, once my basic static holds feel solid. (c:

Gavin Strelitz

The recovery is going well thanks and feels really good to be training again.

The ABR/HBR are great, really get your core and lower back firing.

Gavin Strelitz

20 January 2011

3 mins skipping

Ido's band routine plus rotator cuff work

2 x 5 FX Pushups

2 x 5 Foot assisted Rows

3 x 5 SLS

3 x 5 HLL

40 ABR

40 HBR

Stretching routine

This upcoming week I will add an extra set of upper body work and some very light static work. Doing reps for perfect form now and very slowly, with maximum control and zero explosive movement.

Gavin Strelitz

23 January 2011

3 mins skipping

Ido's Band routine and rotator cuff work

3 x 5 Pull ups

3 x 5 Dips

3 x 5 GHR Halves

3 x 5 HLL

40 ABR

40 HBR

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

I have just been looking through the GB Seminar notes. I'm going to build back in to the statics from the very beginning. Should be fun.

Gavin Strelitz

25 January 2012

3 mins skipping

Band routine

15s PB Support

2 x 60s HBH

2 x 60s ABH

3 x 5 FX Pushups

3 x 5 Foot assisted Rows

3 x 5 SLS

3 x 5 HLL

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

27 January 2012

3 mins skipping

Band routine and rotator cuff work

3 x 5 Pullovers

3 x 5 Assisted HeSPU

3 x 5 Archups

3 x 5 GHR Halves

40 ABR

40 HBR

Stretching routine

I also tested pre-req statics and was able to hold 3 x 60s of both HBH and ABH. I'll try the next one today.

Gavin Strelitz

30 January 2012

This is the last week of this format of training. I will start WOD work again at the beginning of next week.

3 mins skipping

Band routine and rotator cuff work

3 x 5 Chin ups

3 x 5 Dips

3 x 5 SLS

3 x 5 HLL

2 sets of ABR (60, 45)

2 sets of HBR (60, 45)

1 min HBH and ABH

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

6 February 2012

I was due to begin WOD work this week however I had flue for most of last week so I am going to do another week or so of my current routine and then look to move in to the WODS

3 mins skipping

Band routine and rotator cuff work

30s PB Support

3 x 20s Over-grip hangs

60s HBH, 60 HBR, 45 HBR

60s ABH, 60ABR, 45 ABR

2 x 15s German Hangs

1 x 25s Wall HS

3 x 5 FX Pushups

3 x 5 Foot assisted Rows

3 x 5 GHR Halves

3 x 5 HLL

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

9 February 2012

3 mins skipping

Band routine and rotator cuff work

30s PB Support

3 x 20s Dead Hangs

2 x 15s German Hangs

1 x 60s HBH/ABH

1 x 30s Wall HS

1 x 60r ABR/HBR

3 x 5 Pullovers

3 x 5 Assisted HeSPU

3 x 5 HLL

3 x 5 SLS

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

10 February 2012

3 mins skipping

Band work and rotator cuff prep

30s PB Support

1 x 60s HBH/ABH

2 x 60r ABR/HBR

3 x 20s OH Grip

2 x 15s German Hang

1 x 30s Wall HS

3 x 5 Chin ups

3 x 5 Dips

3 x 5 GHR Halves

3 x 5 Archups

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

13 February 2012

3 mins skipping

Band work and rotator cuff prep

40s PB Support

1 x 60s HBH/ABH

2 x 60r ABR/HBR

3 x 20s OH Grip

2 x 15s German Hang

1 x 30s Wall HS

3 x 5 FX Pushups

3 x 5 Foot assisted rows

3 x 5 SLS

3 x 5 HLL

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

15 February 2012

3 mins skipping

Band work and rotator cuff prep

40s PB Support

1 x 60s HBH/ABH

2 x 60r ABR/HBR

3 x 20s OH Grip

3 x 15s German Hang

1 x 30s Wall HS

3 x 5 Pullovers

3 x 5 Assisted HeSPU

3 x 5 GHR Halves

3 x 5 Archups

Yuri's Press Handstand drills excluding negatives on the wall

Stretching routine

Gavin Strelitz

17 February 2012

40s PB Support

1 x 60s HBH/ABH

2 x 60r ABR/HBR

3 x 20s OH Grip

3 x 15s German Hang

1 x 30s Wall HS

1 x 5 Pullups

1 x 5 Dips

1 x 5 SLS

1 x 5 HLL

Stretching routine

I'll be starting back on the WODS next week, scaled down alot.