Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Goal: one arm handstand

Tom CHAUSSARD

Tom CHAUSSARD

Hi everybody,

I'm new on this forum and specialy french, so I'm sorry for my future mistakes!

I need help for my handstand. I can do handstand with 2 arms during 20 secondes I think but I can't do special exercice for one handstand... For example, put my leg to the right or the left, it's so difficult... I don't know if it's a muscle problem or flexibily or anotherthing.

Can i post a video of me to someone and tell me what is wrong ?

Thanks you for your comment and sorry for my bad english ;)

Everett Carroll

Hi Tom,

I highly recommend our Handstand courses as they provide detailed program as well as a video review service which comes free with the course. You will get clear programming for your handstand training as well as detailed feedback whenever needed. We have course for free handstand, press handstand, and one arm handstand. 

Alessandro Mainente

Without a solid 60'' handstand hold, think about one arm hs it is a loss of time.

• Upvote 1

The first thing would be to work on cleaning  up your handstand. Your body line is a classic beginners shape known colloquially as banana.

So the first thing you would need to do if find how go from a banana to straight body. Once that's solid then there may be some use of thinking about oahs, but not before.

Otherwise you'll just be spinning your wheels.

Coach Sommer's handstand course is very good for developing your straight line, you might want to check it out.

• Upvote 2

Alessandro Mainente
On 10/8/2016 at 6:23 PM, Tom CHAUSSARD said:

Thanks you really much for your answer!

Do you speak about the coach handstand book not free?

Handstand One course it is a wonderful work which required a lot of time to be created and adjusted. 

the time of experts it is not free.

• Upvote 2

Tom CHAUSSARD

Hi,

I post you another video to show you my progression. I think I'm begin to find the straight position.

Could you tell me if i progressed and what can i change please?

BboyTomy

Alessandro Mainente

Basically no difference on the previous handstand you are simply compensating the poor shoulder mobility with a lot of less posterior pelvic tilt. You need a good a correct journey thourgh handstand and mobility work and Handstand 1, nothing more. actual form it is not a consequence of bad techcnique but rather a consequence of poor basic bio-motor qualities like mobility/flexibility.

All the problem can be fixed with the H1 course. I will not give further suggestion in respect of students who bought the course.

• Upvote 4