Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

After stretch stiffness

Igor Czerniawski

Igor Czerniawski

Hi

Sorry if my question was explained in details somewhere else and I repeat myself. Is extreme stiffness and pain something normal after stretching for pancake and pike ? I tried all advices so far. I stretch 5-6 times a week. I hoped that after 3 weeks Doms or whatever it is would pass. But still, every morning my hamstrings feel like 100 years old paper that is about to snap, and take a good 20 minutes of warming up and pain fighting before I start working on further progress. Someone said that I overstretch, but less intensity takes me nowhere in terms of progress. If I stretch 3 times a week it's even worse, same pain but without a progress. I have to admit that summer time of 20C+ helps a lot. Could it be this dump, crappy English weather ?

Thx

It's very normal. It will get better but stretching particularly hard pdf style stretching can create some serious dos. It's most likely the same reason as eccentric exercise is more likely to create doms. Long muscles under tension are more likely to micro tear.

My personal opinion is you are not yet ready to be stretching intensely 5-6 days per week.  

First dial back the number of days a week you are stretching to 2-3.  If that still does not resolve the excessive DOMS then begin dialing back the intensity of your stretch sessions.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 1

Igor Czerniawski

. I'll give it another 2 weeks, if nothing changes I'll have to take a step back and figure something out. I have tried before what coach Sommer is suggesting, but less intensity and volume don't really work in terms of my progress, I can feel at least some progress now, and as I said spending a month in a warm climate really makes a big difference. It always feel really bad in this English dump climate. Thx for your time guys.