Yearh I'll bet you have curled all the time without letting anyone know ![]()
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Razz's log, video p. 63
Started by Razz, August 24, 2009 · 1,193 Replies · 52,662 Views
No but soon i will be! As soon as i'm allowed im planning 3x (ez curls dropset(3 drops) supersetted with triceps pushdown dropset with 3 drops) and then once that stops working ill do 10x10 armcurls ![]()
DISCO!!! hehe :twisted: I really look forward to our Dr. Doom project next summer ![]()
Glad to see your recovery progressing Razz! I know the feeling of coming back on the pushups, I can maybe do 10 without shoulder weirdness now, a huge triumph! Kind of sad for me to think about, I used to do so many so easily lol
I feel like a kid learning to walk all over again!
Søren: If my arms are not 40cm after Dr. Dooms I'm not satisfied :twisted: ![]()
Slizz: Thanks! Can only say congrats to you aswell, it is really a nice feeling
And soon I will feel like a kid learning to walk again, but on my hands
i'm worried about my handstand but hopefully it will come back fast.
Todays workout
8 nov 2009
Squat
3x100kg
2x110kg
1x110kg with a little assist, this was a real grinder
3x100kg
floor GHR
5 filmed these and decided i need to try and straighten out more
2 more straight
2 same
2 same
Editors note: from now on I am logging my nutrition whenever i write something in the log, I am determined to eliminate EVERYTHING unhealthy except an occasional drink or 10 once in a while, however this is going to be down to a minimum aswell.
Todays nutrition
7:
1 slice of dark bread with pate
5g of creatine
glass of juice
glass of water
5g of fishoil
11:
beef and a few vegetables
1( post workout):
beef and vegetables and 250ml of orange juice
apple
3.30:
2 springrolls and glass of water
6 (post physio):
potato and vegetable soup
700ml milk
30g whey powder
fruits
1 bite of cake ![]()
9:
fruits and water
22.30(not there yet but this is what it will be, i promise
):
700ml of milk
20g casein
5g fishoil
todays nutrition
7:
slice of white bread with pate (homemade, not completely bad but we are out of dark bread)
glass of orange juice
glass of water
5g of fishoil
5g creatine
11:
lots of fish
15.30:
1 plum
handful cashew nuts
water
18.30:
meat and vegetables
water
21:
500ml milk
strawberries
bananas (all blended)
22:
20g casein
5g fishoil
700ml milk
10 nov 2009
squat
3x100kg
3x105kg
3x105kg
floor GHR
2
also did seated pike compressions and expecting to do flexibility both tomorrow and thursday and friday i might go to gym to jump a bit on the floor and do some trampoline.
only had time for 1 set of GHR's unfortunately, but the squat was a good improvement so hopefully ill have my 3 reps at 110 next time ![]()
todays nutrition
7:
oats
15g whey
raisins
glass of juice
5 fishoil capsules
water
10.30:
"chicken wrap" basically white bread wrap with salad,apples, grapes and chicken and some dressing inside..healthiest choice there was in school today
13.30: chicken and spaghetti with cheese and sauce, again not the best but was eating out with friends so went for the best of the worst.. only the sauce is bad in this one though and possibly the cheese.
18:
duck
potatoes
water
traditional danish food ![]()
i will edit the post later with the last 2 meals coming up today
Razz,
I think you're a bit harsh on yourself when it comes to diet. A bite of cake or a bit of cheese won't kill you. I'm not sure on your weight but with your activity level you could stand to add more calories and fat (IMO) to your nutrition.
I am determined to eliminate EVERYTHING unhealthy except an occasional drink or 10 once in a while
hahahaa this made me laugh though
Yeah i've been thinking of that myself it doesn't look like a lot of calories but surprisingly my weight is pretty steady. I weigh about 67kg atm. Once I start training gymnastics I will up my calorie intake alot because I want hypertrophy but now it's only lower body so I dont want hypertrophy. I know what you mean about the cake and cheese, I'm just trying to stay away from it but occasionally something unhealthy drops down ![]()
and the drinks, no comments ![]()
And thanks for the tip ![]()
flexibility today.
lots of passive stretching + 3x5 middle split on the XR with 2s hold in bottom each rep and 10s on the last one. Was going to attempt full GHR today but as I can barely walk and probably won't be able to in a few days I guess thats not happening.
Nutrition is still decent and improving.
I'd suggest not drinking after a heavy workout (or before, obviously [= ), it plays havoc on your testosterone and muscle repair systems. But the weekend, go for it!
Thanks for the tip, I always only drink on weekends.. sometimes every weekend for a month straight, sometimes a month straight without a drink ![]()
This of course goes against both common sense and good advice, but I had the best workouts of my LIFE in the Navy after I ran back to the ship from the bar, nice and tipsy. Not drunk drunk, but maybe 5 shots or so in me
It has to do with the alcohol uninhibiting the nervous system. There are interesting studies that show that moderate amounts of alcohol allow ordinary, not particularly well-trained people, to triple or more their regular deadlift. Of course this doesn't translate over to a heavily trained person like me to the same degree, but there's still some benefit in terms of what you can lift
I'm not suggesting you go drink before your workout, just sharing stories from my past ![]()
haha i would never dare to work out drunk even though i'm sure it'd be fun ![]()
Felt sick yesterday and today so haven't even dared to do my physio exercises except the really easy ones (the others are actually kinda challenging now) because I want to be well for tomorrow.
Razz said:Felt sick yesterday and today so haven't even dared to do my physio exercises except the really easy ones (the others are actually kinda challenging now) because I want to be well for tomorrow.
Same as me :cry:
I bought a C-vitamin pulver and I will digest it 4g per day with meals along with higher dose of other vitamins trough vitamin-mineral supplement tablets.
Hmm I may need to look into that, I definately need to add a vitamin pill to my daily nutrition. Get well soon ![]()
thanks! You also! :wink:
Thanks i'm ok again now ![]()
15 nov 2009
Squat
3x110kg easy
3x110kg easy
2x110kg i died and didnt want a failure set ruining my entire workout this week.
floor GHR eccentrics
2
2
2
just putting in some of the stuff i do at physio
3x [5 floor pushups + 5 small incline pushups (hands elevated) + 5 small decline pushups(feet elevated)] and here i add one rep each day.
3x10 bw rows with maybe 30 degree angle at feet so almost straight. wipe grip. actually struggling to touch chest to bar on the last reps in the last 2 sets ![]()
3x10 bench dips with weight attached. prob around 10 kg attached atm.
3x 20 pushup position lean onto each arm (10 leans each arm)
3x10 external rotation with arm elevated 90 degress to body and elbow joint 90 degrees.
3x 10 'reverse flyes' with elastic band in 6 positions from hands around waist height to hands straight above head.
EDIT: also doign 3x10 lateral raise with 2s pause in top, EDIT over.
3x 10 internal rotation with arm elevated 90 degrees to body and elbow joint 90 degrees. relax muscle once your fist is pointing forwards (concentric portion done) and then let band pull arm back and catch when fist is pointing straight up.
can't remember if im doing more stuff.. doing a bunch of stretching aswell, still having trouble getting my arm as far up behind my back as i can on the other side.
Keep using your bands after you are done with physio, go to lifeline.com and get their chest expander. There's a ton of stuff you can do with them to strengthen your shoulders that you just can't do without something like that.
Yeah i'm definately going to keep using my bands. Ido's routines before and after workout combined with some more shoulder stuff and i'm still thinking i may do an hour of GPP on my off day. I have started some program design for when i'm back and so far I know I will run 1 month of pure hypertrophy training before going back into pure strength.
nov 17
Squat
3x110kg
3x110kg
3x110kg think i'm allowed to call this a set PR even though my previous was 3x3@115 but the depth and technique was too crappy back then. ![]()
floor GHR eccentrics
2 and ran out of time
notes: 115kg squat next time
You should definitely keep doing Ido's shoulder stuff
Learn about the chest expanders though, they are quite a unique piece of equipment. They are small, and they are all about strengthening the supporting musculature, you don't get big with them.
Thanks slizz i found out what they are, maybe I will try to replicate but with elastic bands since i got some from physio.