This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Razz's log, video p. 63

Started by Razz, August 24, 2009 · 1,193 Replies · 52,662 Views

Razz

25 okt 2009

Squat

3 @ 95kg

2x2 @ 100kg

3 @ 100kg

yay for 3 reps @100! next time prob 3x3 at 100 and then i wont be able to squat for 5 days so will go ALL out next time since ill have a long time to recover.

bunch of ab stuff.. cant wait till i can do HLL and body levers...........

Razz

27 oct 2009

Squat

2x100

3x100

4x100 think spotter helped me a bit here..

floor GHR

2x5xbw

4xbw

notes: lost balance on the second set of squats.. strength is improving though. HUGE improvement in GHR no idea if its the creatine kicking in or its the week break i've had from the exercise.. either way im happy :D long weekend now so my only work will be physio and lower body stretching

John Sapinoso

Razz, has all this weighted leg work had any hindrance to your upper body's strength to body weight ratio and your ability to perform body weight exercises? Judging from your straddle planche picture and the high intensity low volume nature of the exercises I'd say no, but I'd like to hear your take on it.

Joshua Naterman

Great job Razz! You're kicking some serious butt with those squats! :)

Razz

Tsoonami i wish i could tell you more but the period where i have been working lower body has been mainly while my upper body has been injured. Here is however what I have:

-A few weeks after i added GHR into my workouts i did my first straight arm pike press handstand

- Straddle planche and trampolining and ring strength work kept improving even though i was doing 115kg squats for reps.

- big improvement in lower body strength to weight ratio

Once i get back into upper body work im hoping i can tell you more with a just as positive experience :mrgreen:

and thanks slizz :D

Razz

2 nov 2009

squatzzzzzzz

3x 100kg BAM

2x 110kg hard

2x 110kg a small hand on the second

floor GHR

4

4

5 last rep was NOT pretty

decent workout need to do more flexibility again!

Razz

bought casein protein so my storage now consists of:

whey

casein

creatine

BCAA

fish oil

notes: need to get beta-alanine back in denmark over winter break and need to buy CHEAPER BCAA and casein aswell.. not spending more money on BCAA's here since they are too expensive. Oh and i need to buy another 2400 fish oil capsules over winter break aswell :mrgreen:

Gregor

bodybuilding.com pay shipping and buy it on stock. That is also an idea.

Razz

Yeah i was actually going to buy it there but decided it wasn't that urgent so i can just bring it back after christmas since shipping things into this country takes like a month.

Razz

Gonna try to film squatzzzz and GHR tomorrow.. also need to find a setup to perform full GHR instead of floor GHR

Razz

Didn't have much time today so only got 1 heavy rep on squats. Class was short in school today because of international buffet and i think i mustve eaten a few thousand cals in there.. damn it was good and i didnt even touch any deserts or white bread or the like :D

nov 4 2009

Squat

1x110kg :lol:

what a workout :P

and here's the vid.. not powerlifting recognized but think 5 degrees more should do it.. don't really care i just need to aprox that depth since going deeper doesn't seem to translate into gymnastics of what i can figure out..

KA3LJ1eLkSM

Gregor

You don't need to go ATG (ass to the grass) style, just few degrees (to get palarel ).

Btw great job. 110 kg is not a small weight tp lift

Razz

Yeah i looked closely in my camera scene by scene and in the bottom it's just a few degrees 5 MAX 10 to be at parallel but as long as i'm no powerlifter that doesn't concern me :)

Søren

Well done, and btw very nice progression you've had in squat :) If you're able to keep it up, you are propably doing almost 2xbw before you are coming back to Denmark for good :mrgreen:

Razz

Yeah thanks im expecting double bw in a few months :) How is your shoulder doing?

Søren

Actually it's pretty good, but I've also been doing a lot of rotatorcuff training in the past. Unfortunately I've started using Isotretinoin (Roaccutan), so my back is often a bit sore and I'm not always in the mood for training. Therefore I'm keeping it simple which I think is also good for my shoulder, but in addition Isotretinoin doesn't allow me to drink very much, so I can't destroy my physique with alcohol even though I'm taking it easy :lol: :roll:

Razz

Haha so it's not only bad then :lol: good to hear your shoulder is better.. get it ready for christmas so we can do some gym :D

Søren

If you're sure your shoulder is ready for christmas, I can guarantee mine will be too :mrgreen:

Razz

According to the physio I can start heavy lifting in about one month from now :D

Søren

Nice, thats very good timed then :mrgreen:

Felipe

Hey Razz, your squat is heavy!

Now I'm doing very good ATG squats with about 70kg, they are very effective for all the legs muscles, including adductors and hamstrings (Dunno if I can even half squat 115 kg, my max was 86kg 5x5)

Why dont you experiment them? Or a 5x5 rep scheme? They both works well for me. (But maybe I have different goals in mind :mrgreen: )

Razz

yep :D i will come and beat you in benchpress and handstand pushups :mrgreen: ANNND CURLS!!! :mrgreen:

side note is I am almost doing full pushups (they're still on a small incline) in sets of 10 and same with chinups/rows call it what you want. And I was going to attempt some full GHR's at home today but i had shitty sleep so i feel like shit today because I had to get up early to sit for 5 hours in school to take my SAT test.

Razz

Thanks alot Felipe.

The reason I dont do more than 3 reps except in my warmup sets is I want to keep my legs as small as possible, and for some reason my legs have always grown with rocket speed ( I easily put on 2kg on my legs in two months without special attention to diet even though i did 3x3). So now I am really trying to keep the mass to a minimum and I think i succeded, they are clearly more defined but how much mass i have actually added, if any, im not sure. But for your info i do 10x60 all under parallel and 6x80 all under parallel in my warmup without exhausting myself :D oh and the reason I dont go lower is that in gymnastics my legs are never ever under 90 degrees except in some landings maybe. Actually they are not really supposed to bend that often but it's an experiment with all this squatting since im injured.

Damn that was a long post, feel free to correct grammar yourself im not going to :mrgreen:

Søren

Sure you'll beat me in bp, hspu's or whatsoever... :roll: But CURLZ.. Yeah right :lol:

Razz

Haha we shall see, I doubt ill have to much strength by then but no way im loosing the curls competition (again) :lol: