Hmm maybe I should start it then, do you have any sources or research on that ( the healing thing)? Would like to read them ![]()
will be a while before i buy new creatine though, have for about half a year now i think.
Thanks for the comments ![]()
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Razz, August 24, 2009 · 1,193 Replies · 52,662 Views
Hmm maybe I should start it then, do you have any sources or research on that ( the healing thing)? Would like to read them ![]()
will be a while before i buy new creatine though, have for about half a year now i think.
Thanks for the comments ![]()
I'm on a creatine monohydrate and it works wonders for me ^^ you should try it out, and check the use by date, products like creatine are usually quite long lasting as far as I know.
Yes i have done creatine before but i stopped it once i became injured because i thought i'd be a waste of money to keep taking creatine while not training. My current plan is to start again once i start working out for real.
Chris said:I'm on a creatine monohydrate and it works wonders for me ^^ you should try it out, and check the use by date, products like creatine are usually quite long lasting as far as I know.
Creatine monohydrate has a short life once it's opened, but it depends on the humidity. Even moisture in the air will begin the conversion of creatine monohydrate to creatinine, so once you open it you have a few months before it starts getting toxic. I don't think it would get to the point where it would cause serious problems in less than 3 or 4 months, but you may start noticing a decreased effect. Even if you don't, it's just that much more work on the kidneys, and a higher potential for developing stones. *shudder*
If it's unopened and kept out of sunlight the sealed monohydrate products should be good up to whatever expiration is printed on them. Just remember, once you open it start using it, and discard it after 4 or 5 months. There's a fair amount of literature on that available if you search for it on google. There's nothing wrong with monohydrate, and if it works for you there's no real reason to change it. The Kre-Alkalyn is just a more cost-effective and lower toxicity version of the monohydrate. It costs more per gram, but when you adjust the cost to compare equivalent doses, it's somewhere around one third the price of monohydrate. Kre-Alkalyn also doesn't get broken down by ambient moisture, so you don't have to worry about it degrading once you open it.
Razz: http://www.krealkalyn.com/ is the link for the Kre-Alkalyn info, so you and everyone else who is curious about it can check it out. It is an actual U.S. Patented product, basically molecularly bonding creatine monohydrate to a pH buffer, which a) prevents it from interacting with atmospheric moisture due to the change in 3d structure of the compound, and b) protects it in the stomach, so that almost all of the creatine gets absorbed into the bloodstream. As for the healing effects of creatine, it's not a direct effect of the creatine. Creatine is a 3 amino acid peptide, a protein. We don't absorb creatine from animal sources in any significant amount, and plants don't produce creatine. So, your body has to manufacture it. When you eat food each day, you consume a specific amount of the various amino acids. Those amino acids have to be used for a lot of things. Repairing muscle, making new blood cells, bone cells, etc. When you supplement with creatine your body doesn't need to make much of it, so the amino acids normally used to make the creatine can be used to make more white blood cells, red blood cells, etc. That's how creatine helps you heal faster. It has also been shown that creatine supplementation improves test performance, increases resistance to dehydration, reduces the effects of sleep deprivation, and promotes bone mass accumulation. It's not currently known how some of those effects are elicited by the creatine, but it happens, so there! Score one for science! ![]()
Thank you slizzard for the informative post
I didnt feel any noticeable side effect last time on monohydrate, but if the kre alkalyn is cheaper i may look into it and do more research next time before i buy the monohydrate here. Maybe i could order it online along with beta alanine and BCAA. (i still feel insanely stupid for not just ordering the cheap BCAA online in the first place)
Today I had so many doms in my legs, back and glutes that it hurt to walk and sit on the toilet!! nevertheless i managed to give my puny upper body a little workout:
07/09/09
OAC negative + 3x negative from 90 degrees
3x 5-10s small improvement in the bottom i think.
OAHLL
3x3 not so good today but i think it relates to my quads doms with the active flexibility needed here.
half an hour of PASSIVE stretching since i cuoldnt move my legs for pure doms. felt good to loosen up but im still sore. 2 days of rest from pulling now, wasnt feeling it today and i also need to do more pressing again.
Todays leg workout
SLS
3x3 @ 20 pounds
Floor GHR
3x3
ouch my arse hurts.
10/09/09
SLS
3x3 @ 25lbs
no ghr today because of some back pain. I'm also switching the OACs into GTG style so won't be writing that in here until i make noticeable progress.
Been doing lots of flexibility and mobility lately, need my right ancles mobility to be like my left one that would make my SLS 100x easier. the 25 lbs on my left feels like 5 lbs on my right.
one arm ab wheel using XR, from knees need to find a better name for that haha
5x5
lots of active flexibility with 5 lbs weight on each ancle in straddle and pike position.
high intensity passive stretching, great improvements here.
today made a small circuit training in the afternoon, after having worked legs around midday.
14/09/09
floor GHR
3x3 nice improvement here
SLS
3x3 25lbs (damn i wish we had dumbbells in kilos)
Circuit, 3 rounds:
OAC negative from 90 degrees 5-10s
OAC static hold at top, descend a few degrees and pull back up.
OApushup x 10
One arm abwheel using XR with 5s pause in bottom. x5
after circuit did 3 more rounds of the abwheel simulation exercise
16/09/09
SL box squat
3x3 50 lbs
floor GHR
3x3 less piking
OAC negatives gtg, very nice improvement i can actually slowly pull up a few degrees from below 90 before i start dropping. OAC soon i think.
looking really good man. keep it up.
Great work with the OAC, I hope to do them one day! I know I can, I could do the bottom 2/3 of them when I was in the navy ![]()
Thanks robot ![]()
Slizzard that is pretty badass especially at your weight doing a OAC would be beastly! :twisted:
Good job Razz.
I see you are only doing OAC and no OAP negatives. I would implant at least one repetiton of OAP at the end.
I wonder how much time I would need to master OAP or OAC when I start doing them. Maybe I will implant it just for fun, when I will have more time and no competitions at sight.
Razz, I actualy believe training OAC negatives before you have the full ability to control the whole descend with a static pause at the start and end of the movement, is too soon. Usualy it will lead to stagnation to train above and beyond eccentric failure. (Failing to control the descend in a rate of at least 5 sec for the whole OAC come down)
I advice you to use a rope hanging from the pull up bar to assist you with your non-working arm, in order to produce more quality sets. The work should be manageble, controlled and leave you worked, but not overworked. This kind of practice will allow you to advance more quickly with this movement.
I see a lot of people going for the ecc work on one arm too soon, burning themselves out and either getting injured or frustrated just to move on to another goal. With some patience this can be avoided.
Good luck,
Ido.
Gregor: Thank you I will try to implement some OAP aswell. I bet you can do OAC without even training for it ![]()
Ido: Thanks alot for your advice it is much apreciated, and if i could use my other arm to help, i would
(maybe in a few weeks ill be allowed to use my right arm a little bit again) However I have been making very good progress lately and I can now do static holds at the bottom, middle, and top. I think the supersets of first doing a negative from 90 degrees and then doing a static hold at the top have helped me alot the last week.
19/09/09
first circuit:
OAC negative from 90 degrees
OAC static hold at top
OApushup x 10 legs wide apart
second circuit:
OAC negative from 90 degrees
OAC static hold at top
OApushup x 20 legs wide apart
third circuit:
OAP negative ( this is where i would need ido's advice since im not strong enough to get quality work here)
OAP static hold at top
OApushup x 5 legs almost together
had no rest between exercises and 3-5 min between circuits.
20/09/09
some gtg chin work with some partial concentrics from 90 degrees using just a little momentum.
today i'm hopefully doing lots of flexibility
You haven't stopped logging have you?
Nice OApushups btw ![]()
Nono i have been working lately but i'm on holiday and drowning in school work at the same time and some other stuff
but I will try to start logging again soon.
Razz said:Nono i have been working lately but i'm on holiday and drowning in school work at the same time and some other stuffbut I will try to start logging again soon.
I'll look forward to it
How is your right shoulder at the time? Can you use your arm for anything?
Hehe my right shoulder is coming along i have the sling off now and i can use it for small everyday things but no external rotation or abduction.
Today i watched the doha world cup in artistic gymnastics and tomorrow i will be watching the finals. I will try to film all the ring finals i think.
Razz said:Today i watched the doha world cup in artistic gymnastics and tomorrow i will be watching the finals. I will try to film all the ring finals i think.
Lucky! I cant find anything about any TV broadcasts or even webcasts, which is really disappointing . . . :cry:
And keep up the good work with your shoulder, just remember that slower is better. 8)
Yeah thats one of the few good things about living in Doha
lots of free sport events
And thanks i'm taking it very slow, have physio today after 2 weeks of just doing passive exercises so now i'm finally going to start some active exercices
Just came home from watching the ring finals, i filmed it all and will probably upload it.
Physio and doctor are very happy with my shoulder and they both say i'm ahead of schedule so i'm happy with that
look forward to some real trainings in a month or two :twisted: