This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Razz's log, video p. 63

Started by Razz, August 24, 2009 · 1,193 Replies · 52,662 Views

Joshua Naterman

Definitely. I use the cheap ones from walmart at the moment, but I'm going to get a set from lifeline eventually. I'm already outgrowing the ones I have, even together. Any progressive combination of bands will work, I just like the high level of resistance I can build up to with the lifeline :P But that's me, I know lol ^_- Just check youtube to get more ideas for band training, because there are some really odd but useful exercises. I suppose I should put together a good training video for them, once I collect the techniques.

Razz

Next week starting weighttraining and some easy rings work. :D:D:D

Today was doing 3 sets of 10 pushups + 10 very small incline pushups + 10 very small decline pushups.. so 3x30 pushups.... only made it to 27 on the last set but it's pretty good for a semi handicapped guy :P

Razz

19 nov 2009

squat

3x115kg PR

3x115kg

3x115kg small assist on last rep but i think i couldve grinded it up..stupid spotter :(

floor GHR

2 eccentric straight body

2 eccentric straight body

3 full reps piked body

2 rounds of:

10 squat jumps

10 jumps on to box

10 lunge jumps with 1 foot on box

3 rounds of ab circuit with 40lb dumbell...

notes: 115kg squat again next time just to solidify it and then moving to 120kg getting closer and closer to the famous 2xbw. and holy moly i miss dragon flags and front lever for core work

Razz

An injury like this really does take the motivation down.. gonna get some flexibility done today though.. and then i hope the weightlifting and rings work next week will help to keep me motivated.

Felipe

I suggest you to use smaller increments, 115 to 120 is going to be huge, use 1 or 1,25 kg plates and it will be simpler.

Passing the 2xBW is a good goal that every athlete should achieve.

After that you can use some metallic spring for smaller increments (the ones that stop the weight, they are like 100g so a couple of them would do the work)

Joshua Naterman

Small increments are good ideas, especially when you are working so close to your limit. BUt, with 3x3 @115, you should be good for1x1-2 or so with 120. In principle I do agree with Felipe, the small increments are good. I tend to go up 1 lb at a time, or ~500g. I don't know the exact conversion.

Razz

Thanks for the advice but I can't agree with you on this one, 5kg on an exercise such as squats where im already doign 3x3 @115 is not alot. There will be for at least 1 or 2 reps, maybe more in each set and thats enough for me until i can once again do 3x3 with new weight. It's this progression I have always used in squats and it worked wonders so far. Once i'm closer to my 'genetic max' then yes i may need smaller increments

Joshua Naterman

I'm not saying it won't work, OR that it's a bad idea :) I do something VERY similar. I'm just saying that slower, more steady increments is safer and just as effective. The main thing is that you are working hard, and so you will get results :) And you're right, those weights are impressive but not even close to pushing your limits.

Razz

Yeah i see what you mean and I appreciate the insight :)

Razz

Yesterday

22 nov 2009

Bicep cable curl

3x10 @ 46lbs

bench dips

3x10 plus some weight prob 10-20kg

incline bw rows

3x10

pushups + incline pushups +decline pushups

12+12+12

12+12+6-10

12+6-8+6-8

lateral raise with 2s pause in top

3x10@ 22lbs

RINGS

l-support with feet on ground 3xmax

pushup position 3xmax

lots of scapular and RC stability

today:

nov 23 2009

squat

3x115kg

3x115kg

1x120kg

floor GHR eccentrics

2

2

2

jump onto boxes and split squat jump with one leg on box 2 sets of 10 in each.

hyperextensions

3x10 @ 25lbs

2x ab circuit with 45lb dumbell

notes: I am now officially allowed to do supports on rings and i am allowed to smash all my major muscles in simple exercises such as pushups, bicep curls, bench dips, tricep extension, lateral raise etc etc. things are cant do are stuff such as full pullups especially wide grip and behind the neck etc. No shoulder press for now either.

Working 3x weekly now for upper body and 2-3 times lower body. Gonna max out squats on wednesday and then most likely start a plyo block with little to no max strength training for legs.

GHR's are improving. expecting a 125 or 130kg max in squat on wednesday, i will film it. if i make 130kg that is a double bw once i loose the small amount of fat i have. Think my bw is 67kg atm.

Joshua Naterman
Razz said:
Yesterday

22 nov 2009

Bicep cable curl

3x10 @ 46lbs

bench dips

3x10 plus some weight prob 10-20kg

incline bw rows

3x10

pushups + incline pushups +decline pushups

12+12+12

12+12+6-10

12+6-8+6-8

lateral raise with 2s pause in top

3x10@ 22lbs

RINGS

l-support with feet on ground 3xmax

pushup position 3xmax

lots of scapular and RC stability

today:

nov 23 2009

squat

3x115kg

3x115kg

1x120kg

floor GHR eccentrics

2

2

2

jump onto boxes and split squat jump with one leg on box 2 sets of 10 in each.

hyperextensions

3x10 @ 25lbs

2x ab circuit with 45lb dumbell

notes: I am now officially allowed to do supports on rings and i am allowed to smash all my major muscles in simple exercises such as pushups, bicep curls, bench dips, tricep extension, lateral raise etc etc. things are cant do are stuff such as full pullups especially wide grip and behind the neck etc. No shoulder press for now either.

Working 3x weekly now for upper body and 2-3 times lower body. Gonna max out squats on wednesday and then most likely start a plyo block with little to no max strength training for legs.

GHR's are improving. expecting a 125 or 130kg max in squat on wednesday, i will film it. if i make 130kg that is a double bw once i loose the small amount of fat i have. Think my bw is 67kg atm.

OOOOH SHIT!!! The BEAST is back in business! Congratulations on your recovery up to this point!!! I remember when I wasn't allowed to do those things either hahahahaha! It will come back, my friend, and you will be better than ever!

Razz

thank you VERY much! :D Can't wait to do handstands again but it will still be a litle while :mrgreen:

Søren
squat

3x115kg

3x115kg

1x120kg

Impressive :twisted:

Bicep cable curl

3x10 @ 46lbs

Finally :mrgreen:

Gregor

Congrats on your healing to :mrgreen:

Razz

Better start curling aswell søren! :P

and thank you gregor :D

Razz

Not gonna bother writing out all physio training but heres the highlights:

24 nov 2009

Lateral raise with 2s pause at top(these are not per arm btw since im using a dual cable pulley thing)

9x26lbs

10x22lbs

10x22lbs

Cable curls

3x10x50lbs 30s rest.

rest is pretty much same as last time.

Razz

Oh and i'm off to Thailand tomorrow for a week and a bit. Expecting to go to the gym in the hotel and bring elastic bands to keep doing rehab. I'm allowed to bench now so ill use that opportunity along with some armcurls and some chest supported rows or something thats similar to the bw rows im doing.

Razz

found out there's wireless internet in the hotel. Gonna keep doing rehab here and start doing some benchpress, the gym in this hotel sucks though, but there is a bench to bench press but thats about it :lol:

Gonna have to get very creative to find a place to do my bw rows but ill manage i guess.

Razz

Guess i should post the workout frmo 2 days ago

nov 27 2009

Bench press

up to 10x50kg little shoulder discomfort so i stopped. was very easy though

Pushups[/b

10x10kg

10x10kg

10x10kg

BB bicep curls

10x30kg

10x30kg

10x30kg-->10x20kg

triceps pushdown

weights werent shown on the machine but 2 sets of 10 and one dropset with 2 drops

lateral raises with 2s static

10x6kg each hand.

10x6kg

10x6kg

and scapula stability

notes: did what i could in the center and my arms are still sore. Couldnt find anywhere to do the rows at all... so wont be doing those for this week, hope one week wont make an imbalance with all the rear delt stuff im doing during the scap stability.

Razz

today

nov 29 2009

Pushups

10x15 kg

10x20 kg

10x20 kg

lateral raises with 2s hold

10x 6kg left arm felt weird so i took a short workout here

BB arm curls

10x30kg

10x30kg

10x30kg--->15x20kg

scap and RC work.

something like that

Joshua Naterman

Nice! Good work, be careful with that shoulder :) Dumbbell lat raises are easy to aggravate injuries with, in my experience. I like the weighted pushups you are doing though! :) How do you add on the weight?

Razz

Thanks :) The lateral raises are actually no problem, but yes if i feel something there then i will stop. Last time i stopped with them cause my left shoulder had insane DOMS and my right one didnt so it felt like i was working only the left shoulder since it was so tired already...kinda weird since my right one is the weak one.

For pushups i just put the plates in a stack on my back, not optimal at all :lol:

Joshua Naterman

LOL! Well, even injured, your shoulders are better than mine. My shoulders just plain don't feel right when I do lateral raises with dumbbells. When I use bands they are fine though!

Razz

:lol:

not gonna work today i think, just prehab.

Razz

been sick for 3 days now.. diving all day dec 1st and a messed up sleep schedule the past week and sleeping with the AC on right after doing some intense prehab all made me sick.. leaving thailand tomorrow so next workout will be sunday if i'm well.