This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Razz's log, video p. 63

Started by Razz, August 24, 2009 · 1,193 Replies · 52,662 Views

Razz

No problem :)

Vitamins and minerals I ordered from emerson ecologics, but I had the privilege of shipping them to my family in Qatar (no taxes there) who then brought them home to me. If not I wouldve never ordered as I wouldve gotten like 25% of the price on top due to import taxes n stuff here in Denmark. Designs for Health is the brand I've been using as they really seem to sell quality stuff... Look into the posts (especially Ido and Scotty Hagnas) on the nutrition forum and try to search the forum for minerals, chelated minerals, magnesium glycinate and there should be some posts with info about quality minerals and vitamins.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 hour stretching and mobility before bed.

Razz

noon:

1 hour badminton lesson with ½ hour of that being just playing the real game.

8-10pm

3 rounds of:

5m cirque (1st round tried to do hopping rope climb no feet, but barely made it half way up)

7 explosive feet elevated rows

3 FL pulls

3 or 4 or 5 rounds..really can't remember :?

20s XR HS..RTO locked arms long rings

hollowback lower to support

round 2,3 followed by: 10s support, 5 front pulls

round 4 followed by negative reverse MU lower to 5-10s BL and then some front pulls..

I think I did 4 rounds....

Lots of HS work. Straight arm presses from straddle stand, backroll to HS with straight arms, bunch of body levers and human flags, half endo rolls..

Notes:

In the beginning I felt weak but that really was just a feeling I think..just had to get into things. Press HS really clicked today, I'm finally lifting my butt up and curling my lower back instead of just planching it and lifting my legs. I believe it's the pelvis aka 'dick forward' work I've been doing day and night lately to try and fix my planche. Tomorrow technical training on floor, rings and pommel horse followed by conditioning..Oh and expecting to do some weights tomorrow morning as I have the day off.

Razz

I've decided on no weights this morning for several reasons, but mostly the reason that I really need to do some catching up in school... anatomy and physiology here we come!

Donar
Razz said:
No problem :)

Vitamins and minerals I ordered from emerson ecologics, but I had the privilege of shipping them to my family in Qatar (no taxes there) who then brought them home to me. If not I wouldve never ordered as I wouldve gotten like 25% of the price on top due to import taxes n stuff here in Denmark. Designs for Health is the brand I've been using as they really seem to sell quality stuff... Look into the posts (especially Ido and Scotty Hagnas) on the nutrition forum and try to search the forum for minerals, chelated minerals, magnesium glycinate and there should be some posts with info about quality minerals and vitamins.

Once again, thank you very much!

Found some very good information :)

Razz

Glad I could help :D

today's training:

P-horse

Now I can do front and back scissors on pommel horse and I'm moving into my second circle on mushroom. Oh yeah :D

Rings:

Decided on my rings series with my coach, this is supposed to be ready in 3 months or so.

Pull up to back lever (B)--> drop to hanging pike and-- kip to l-sit (B)-->lower to cross (B)-->lower to BL from cross with straight arms (B)-->back to hanging pike--swing through inlocate (A)-->swing uprise to support (A)-->l-sit (A)-->straddle PL (B)-->swing and dismount with double back tuck (B)

elements we thought of adding: straight body bent arm press HS(B), felge upward to support (A), straight forward roll to support (B).. Shall be exciting to see how it goes. If I get strong enough who knows, may add a kip to cross or something but that's dream talk for now.

floor: worked on connecting a roundoff-->backtuck ½ twist-->front flip ½ twist. Made it to the front flip buuut wasn't pretty.

Did my firts arabian on real floor, sucked balls but landed it easily. Just have to win over my fear for this one.

finished with a few rest pause sets of straddle PL.

Gregor

Great to see your progress!!

Are you sure it's a B (back lever from a cross)?

What's the problem on a pommel? I'm talking about your circles?

Razz

Thanks Gregor :D

Yeah I'm sure it's a B "From cross or l-cross turn forward to back lever"

What's wrong with pommel?!?! Everything!!! :P I only train it 20 minutes per week and it's not an apparatus I care about, mostly because I suck at it :mrgreen: I have thought of practicing it a bit on my own though when I'm in the gym to do strength, because I really want to learn flares and russian circles so I can use them in my floor exercise.

Gregor
Razz said:
Thanks Gregor :D

Yeah I'm sure it's a B "From cross or l-cross turn forward to back lever"

What's wrong with pommel?!?! Everything!!! :P I only train it 20 minutes per week and it's not an apparatus I care about, mostly because I suck at it :mrgreen: I have thought of practicing it a bit on my own though when I'm in the gym to do strength, because I really want to learn flares and russian circles so I can use them in my floor exercise.

For pommel you need to train at least 30% of whole training or even more.

Razz

Yeah, today I did a bit more practice even though it was just supposed to be strength and floor.

today:

14.30

strength tests in school.. nothing to brag about, wasn't bothered to go all out on anything.

4 min plank..bit shaky but couldve pulled off 1-2 minutes more

30 triceps pushups..not all out at all

long jump: 2.47m this was all out

bunch of other irrelevant stuff that did nothing but slow my recovery :mrgreen:

Todays practice:

warmup with some basic tumbling

managed to land a couple of front layout 1½ twists on the tumble track, way better control than my previous 1 1/4 twists. good.

basic pbar swings, also practiced this one b element which I will do soon! It's great to have pbars/high bar/pommel to just get my mind off my primary focuses which are the 3 other apparatus, and then still improve.

on to phorse, managed to do 2 and going into the 3rd circle today, wuhuuu :D on mushroom that is.

rings warmup:

wide grip lean back MU-->l-sit--> 3x pike press shoulderstand, lower with hollow back

think i did one more round...

~60-70 degree incline bench rings simulator.

5 cross pulls with 2s pause in each rep->5s cross hold

5 cross pulls with just 1s pause->5s cross hold

7-8 continous cross pulls->5s hold

Rings with spot:

2x: pullup to backlever-->kip to l-sit-->cross-->back lever-->front lever

1x: pullup to backlever-->kip to l-sit-->cross pullout-->cross-->back lever-->front lever-->10s back lever-->front lever

holds are 2-3s

one backoff set of cross pulls on the incline bench rings simulator

stretching.

2 trainings tomorrow... 10am strength session and then high bar/vault/pbars technique with the usual conditioning/strength at night. That will leave me at 11 trainings in a row exluding the stuff in school. Weekend will be light or off as I'm going back to my hometown.. might bring the XR tthough..knowing me I'll probably get at least 1 training.

Razz

Morning training ended up lasting 3 hours.. was kinda lazy in the beginning and had to watch out for 10000 little kids in the gym.

After a thourough warmup I worked some floor, slowly getting better at twisting aswell as getting more power on the spring floor. air sense is improving aswell.

Finished with some strength where the only thing I remember sets and reps of is 2x10 HSPU assisted for balance and maybe MAX 5 kg on the last few reps..

Other exercises were:

maltese DB press

inverted cross with DB

lying prone front raise

Behind the neck press, just for warmup..

Bent over rows, just used it to get contact to scapular retractors

also managed to almost kill myself in the trampoline one time, wanted to do a backdrop and then backflip but for some reason i only rotated straight onto my neck.. I felt it coming and braced myself but it was one of those 'oh shit this is gonna hurt' experiences :P

tonight: high bar, pbars and vault

Razz

Workout number 2:

general warmup with the usual parallettes strength routine..

pbars:

finally caught the 'german' as we call it, but jesus christ both my upper arms are, once again, completely fucked and bruced. Swing is improving as I'm now hanging in the swing.

vault:

handspring and roundoff technique, I'm not getting forward into my roundoff..once this is fixed it's time for straight tsukahara

high bar:

I'm now doing giants without straps :D

edit:

also did strength at the end:

incline bench rings simulator, steeper than usual:

cross pulls: 5+3s hold, 5+8s hold, 10 with forearm support

back extensions with 20kg bar: 10

circuit of upper body suspended abs with weighted vest...

2x3-5s straddle PL

5 jump from ½ meter into front flip

Razz

Training last night at Søren's house.. lots of hollowback presses to shouldstand but besides that just playing with different moves..still enough to give me DOMS :lol:

Razz

Had saturday off, first off day in 13 days (14 workouts) I believe. Spend the day at grandparents house eating cookies and other non paleo foods..

Sunday (today):

Morning training at Søren's house, lots of FL superset with either BL, HS, scap retraction work or all of them together. Also some rounds of tuck PL+PL lean scap pushup+HS shrugs.. some other joint prep in there too.

I have insane diarrhea today and I don't ever wanna eat non paleo foods again..jesus christ poor gas station attendees, they have no idea that I practically blew up their toilet today on my drive home.. Hoped for another training today but my friend who has the key to the gym is not answering so I'll call it stretching or just rest..I've been extremely tired this weekend, think I'm slightly overreached as my need of sleep atm is much bigger than usual..

Tarun Suri

I feel you Razz. Last night, I had a beer, 4 homemade chocolate chip cookies, and 4 slices of pizza (with meat!). At the second cookie, I had a headache. Man did I suffer. Now one of my friends is doing a McKibbons challenge, where he has to eat 12 chicken wings without any tissue paper, milk, or any other substance. Only a handful of people have completed the challenge so far because its so spicy.

I dipped my finger in the red sauce and licked it and wasn't the same for 5-10 minutes... and I'm indian! Apparently, that sauce is made from 2 other sauces: 1 gallon of barbeque sauce, and 3 tea spoons of a special hot mix compound. Imagine how potent that 3 tea spoons must be!

Razz

Yeah this is the bad thing about going paleo.. you really start suffering once you eat stuff (aka crappy processed foods) that your body has gotten used to not eating anymore :S

I'm pretty sure one teaspoon of that stuff could kill me, or just empty my house of toilet paper!

Joshua Naterman

O_o.... yikes. That sounds like dangerous sauce. I had 6 "nuclear waste" hot wings once and the resulting Asplosion was so bad that my friend's entire dorm floor vacated their rooms. I am totally serious.

Razz

HAHAHAHA Sliz thats a good story!

By the way I forgot to mention the crap food made me gain some fat over the weekend so you can no longer see my tendons on the bottom on the side of rectus abdominis..I was getting pretty lean though..

Freeflyer

It's cool. I haven't done any working out here in Japan. Just eating (although there portions are tiny and expensive) and drinking. Waaay to much drinking... So this trip made me fat :(

Tarun Suri

I used to think it sucks that I can longer tolerate scrap food because of paleo, but I started looking at it in a different maner. Rather than thinking that, now I think that everybody else in the room (who do not eat paleo) are suffering as much as me, however, like taking pain killers, their bodies can no longer feel this pain. I don't know how true that statement is, but it definitely helps me feel better.

Razz

3 hours today...

easy warmup followed by trampoline

double backs from rings, they were good according to friends and coach, ready for routine :) now just gotta do it from straddle planche :S

strength..lots of planche, block maltese, HSPU, trap inferior raises, scapula pushups in planche position

ring strength:

1x

3xkip to l-sit-->hollowback press HS-->15s HS

2x

pullup to back lever-->kip to l-sit-->cross pullout-->cross-->lower to back lever-->front lever-->10s back lever

left my XR in the gym to use for the diagonal bench rings simulator, played with that for some inverted cross and crosses. Will start working inverted cross there..

EDIT: before upper body strength we did leg strength

2x5 NLC

2x5 squat with friend on my back, tried to do this as SLS but that was a bit much :P

2x5 drop from box into front flip

Razz

Todays training

usual warmup, stretching and parallettes routine

rings:

some swings.. didn't feel so good

strength:

2x

pullup to back lever-->kip to support-->cross-->from cross to back lever

then more swings, inlocations, dislocations.. my swings to support suck donkey balls

some rings planche stuff, practiced the movement from straddle planche into swing

floor:

3x round off-->backflick-->layout (1st: missed layout, second:tuck backflip, third: crappy layout........................)

3x round off-->back ½ twist-->dive roll (managed a front flip in the last round)

3x arabian

3x front layout full twist

this was all with no rest

pommel horse:

scissors, circles on mushroom..not soo good today, but I'm always consistently doing 1½ circle or more.

finisher, all with 10kg vest and max 30s rest between exercises

10 long jumps from stand

dips: 10, 7 (wider than usual)

pullups:10

jump onto box:10

rope climb: 2 meter with weight, 2 meter without

HLL: 10, no weight attached

reverse hyper: 20, no weight attached

pushups with 35kg total and feet elevated: 10

after a little break, some iron cross and rings planche training superset with scapula pushups, rows, FL rows and FL.

Razz

I just consumed about 100g carbs from chocolate and milk.. Tomorrow morning off to seminar! Already had one training today and later I'll have one more.

Razz

In the airport now, sprained my big toe yday doing gym so walking like a retard today :S hopefully I'll be able to stillk do the leg stuff in the seminar tomorrow!

Svend

Haha, I know, I was in Aalborg this weekend to look at Aalborg Sportshøjskole and it was cold as HELL! I was afraid I'd boarded the train towards sweden rather than jutland! :shock: