This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Razz's log, video p. 63

Started by Razz, August 24, 2009 · 1,193 Replies · 52,662 Views

Søren

haha, anabolic basement :lol: that cant be my basement :oops:

Razz

HAHA Søren I do think it has anabolic potential at least :P

Todays training:

morning:

10s MSH

30s l-sit fingers bwds

20 scapula pushups

1 min hollow hold

1 min arch hold

4 pm:

some trampoline, half presses to HS, bunch of shrugs, idos squat clinic and wrist series

then coaching.....

6 pm:

Warmup with shrugs, hanging shoulder routine and other exciting stuff..

ring swings, managed to do an inlocate above or in height of rings, got some decent improvement on my swing. Also did some 1½ piked backflips for dismount..

dynamic pull:

1 round:

straddle rope climb

3 front pulls

3 front lever pulls

3 rounds:

5 pullups with small jump, not quite enough to do a decent clap but could probably have gotten a quick one in there

3 front pulls

3 front lever pulls

finished with 2 sets cuban presses, more shrugs and other prehab/stretching.

Decided to screw max legs as I had been in the gym 4 hours at this time and had not gotten any food for the past 6, except some BCAA and raisins. Might do max legs before I go to bed though, at least a few SLS or something.

Razz

This morning I had a nice long shower, no not THAT kind of shower :mrgreen:

I performed calf work and Ido's squat routine in the shower :D

Followed by 5x3 shrimp intermediate to catch up with ydays missing max legs workout

Later coaching and training :)

Razz

Little bit of joint prep while coaching

Training:

Did my own warmup/stretching instead of the team one.

For parallettes series I did 10s MSH instead of 10s bent leg v-sit and for the serie without rest we are now doing 5s holds instead of 3s. In this one I also did the same exercise substitution.

Pbars:

Got some decent cast to upper arm hang, backflips off the end of the bars, swings to HS getting solid, some front and backuprises...

Floor:

Got my round off-backflip½twist-front flip on the real floor instead of tumble track, now just gotta add a ½twist to the front flip.

Practiced pike arabians on tumbletrack, I will do these on floor next time.

Some front layouts on floor.

Ring strength:

3x

Pullup to back roll to support**-->Bent arm pike press HS-->10s RTO HS-->negative reverse muscle up-->kip to support-->bent arm pike press HS-->5-10s RTO HS-->bent arm lower to BL (curl style)-->pull to inv hang

**(this one only succeded in the second routine, in the other two I got to bent arm support and one arm fell under the rings so I dropped and did muscle up)

3x10s cross in straps

3x5s straddle PL in straps

1x8 cross pulls in straps (easier setting than crosses)

3xbox maltese: 2s straight hold, tuck press to inverted, lower straddle to 5s hold, legs together for momentary straight hold.

each box maltese superset with 10s BL

15s false grip lock off

20 pushups

mobility series

Razz

Wooot just won 500g BCAA in a contest :D

Razz

No morning workout today but plenty of stuff during the day

13:30-14:30

soccer

14:30-15:45

gymnastics with uni, only strength thing was I banged out 9 freestanding HeSPU. Probably could do 15 all out on a fresh day, but today 10 or 11 probably wouldve been max. Lots of trampoline just playing around. Almost have a double front twist solid, it's getting better quickly.

20:00-21:10

Dynamic push workout

warmup:

hip mobility and leg stretching

upper body stretching

wrists

all kinds of shrugs

bent over lateral

Y front raise

probably other stuff that I forgot

4 rounds:

20 steps l-sit walk (yes coach, I know they're done for distance :mrgreen: )

5 clapping pushups

5 germans

5 gatherings Ido style.

1 round:

15 dip shrugs

15 inverted hang shrugs

20 scap pushups

2 sets cuban press with 15-20kg, think reps were 5-7

10x3kg Y front raise

5 shoulder flex walks

chest/lats/external rotators/shoulder stretch.

lost balance sometimes in gatherings but it improved with each round. No rings or floor work today as I was alone in the gym. Did consider doing 10 mins of rings handstands but decided sometimes less is more.

Razz

3pm HS workout

3x10 tuck up to HS attempts

3x 3tuck up to HS, hold for 10s with closed eyes. when I didn't hit 10s, I tried again.

3x20s moving feet side to side, 2 tries, 1 try, 6 tries FUCK it just pisses me off when my handbalancing is off

10 reps HS look at feet and look back at hands. this took like 20 tries. Only counted perfect reps. best was 3+1 where I lost balance right after.

3x max hold focusing on body position didn't get much more than 20-30s as I was interrupted...

Razz

Training from 7-9 pm

Warmup with parallettes series, stretching, the usual.

Pommel horse:

managed 1x3 circles on mushroom but besides that it was just complete crap today.. Oh I did try doing some flairs just for fun, can actually do 1 :mrgreen:

Vault:

Did a handspring front flip in first try, moving on to piked. From trampoline though, but only ½ distance runway.

Practiced the round of part of tsukahara as it's still not the best technique. Once it's there I should get a layed out tsuk without problems.

high bar:

new PR of 5 giants, can easily do more, once I get it right they're easy.

Strength:

3x5 wide grip MU on extra long rings, did blend with normal MU on last set

practiced the technique for korean dips, once I got it I knocked out 2x5 without too much hassle.

8 FL pulls with momentary pause in full lay superset with 10s tuck FL

some PL and HS

1 rope climb, was hard as arms were toast by now.

mobility and stretching.

Tomorrow morning: ring strength and dynamic legs, then swimming, then some school work, then gymnastics with school.. then tequila.

Experimenting with gluten free drinking this weekend. Tomorrow will be just norcal margueritas for the preparty and then I'll do my very best to stick with just see through drinks aka vodka and tequila..and gin. Will be interesting to see how this affects my usual killer hangovers.

Freeflyer

A lot of vodkas are made with grains now.

Razz

It better be made of potatoes over here or I will be mad! :P

Razz

Uffff messy messy night last night.. backflicks and backflips on the dancefloor do I need to say more? Anyways I'm doing some recovery stuff like massage/tennisball/stretching today, and possibly going in to train although this is supposed to be my rest day.

Yesterday I wanted to do ring strength in the morning but the gym was closed. I then remembered I still have a membership in the weights gym so went there and had a quick 45 min workout

went something like this:

Bench

3x6x80kg with pause on chest

Pullup wide grip

10

7

Cable flys simulating iron cross

3 or 4 sets and a dropset

superset with

seated cable row

3 or 4 sets and a brutal dropset, felt sick the next 2 hours.

Svend

How was your hangover? Did the gluten free drinking seem to make a difference? :D

Razz

It wasn't that bad, I'm not sure if it made a difference or not though, because I ate a lot of cookies at my friends house so the gluten free drinking was kinda pointless :P

Joshua Naterman

MMMMMMM cookies!!!! Call me Sir Alistair Cookie... NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM!!!

What kind of cookies!?!?

Daniel Jorgensen
Razz said:
Haha yeah I'm pale as !@#$.. plus I was tired as hell that day so that probably made me look even more pale :P

I'm really considering trying to save some money or use what I've saved to go to the Højskole next year.. Especially the fact that I learned more this seminar than I've done in 3 months of uni now just sorta made me think.. I need more seminars and then the elite strength training program in the højskole..No uni professor (in my uni) knows how to train an elite athlete or could teach me how to, except one or two of the ones we have..

Are you talking Aalborg Højskole? Elite coaching in Strength or?

Razz

Sliz: Danish christmas cookies, good stuff :D

Dr. D: yep, elite coaching at Aalborg sportshøjskole.. I might wait and do it after I'm done with uni though..

Razz

Ok so in my new program the weekends are off days but it didn't work as planned. Wayyy too much drinking and too little sleep. Next weekend I'll control myself, I do have a party with the psychology chicks thursday but I'll either not drink or drink very little. Anyways I'm not sure if it was the 'bad' weekend, or the fact that today I didn't have any food after 12 noon since I forgot my back at home with my shake and raisins, probably a mix, I'll write a scheme of the day:

10 am:

breakfast

12 noon:

second meal

13:30 -14:45

Volleyball with uni

15:30-16:30

3 rounds of scap mobility moving from 10 reps to 20 reps and then back to 10 reps with more resistance than the first round.

16:30-18

coaching

18-19

at this point i was just dead, did a warmup and 2 rope climbs and some more mobility then decided it wasn't gonna happen. Some bodyline stuff and then home. It was the smart choice I hope. Tomorrow morning I'll make up for the max legs, but the dynamic pull I will not make up for as I want to kick ass in ring strength.

Razz

much better today! Slept like 10-11 hours last night though. Here's the workout:

Calf work and hip mobility in the morning

coaching from 16-18

training from 18-20.30

Forgot my BCAA pre WO..it's not really optimal that I don't get anything to eat several hours before this training but wtv, I always grab a handful of raisins which is my intra/post WO and then sweet potatoes once I get home.

Usual parallettes warmup, made a PR in the routine at the end by doing 3s v-sit, 3s l-sit, press to 2s straddle PL (easy, but parallettes fell over), 3s straddle-l press to 3s, HS press position hold, sloppy press HS.

3x

pullup to BL-->kip to support-->3s cross-->lower to BL

just a few ring swings, the grips are really crappy. Really need to get my own

Trained basic floor such as rolls and rolls from HS, back roll to HS, front flips, front flip ½ twists, headsprings

5 advanced sender series with 30s rest in between.

Pommel horse:

great improvement, I can now almost do the whole serie which I'm supposed to compete (it's VERY basic) :mrgreen:

Strength: (+=superset, 10-20s rest) 2-3 min between sets

3x 10s cross in straps + 5s straddle PL in straps

3x 10s inverted cross with feet on straps + 5-8s block maltese mostly in straddle position + 10s BL

5 cross pulls in straps

shitloads of mobility and stretching. The left scapula discomfort came back today, probably worked too hard in BL, need to do some tennisball stuff on my back.

Razz

1 hour warmup

bunch of floor work

friend helped correct my front layout technique

wasn't feeling it strength wise, so scaled volume not intensity as Poliquin wouldve said :=)

dynamic push

2 rounds

10 swinging dips, some of them to planche

1 HSPU (round 1 only)

7 russian dips

5 pseudo planche pushups (round 2 only)

Razz

Thursday:

Was damn strong in the pressing warmup again detinately PR in pressing strength. Pulled off several straddle planches with ease.

Rest of the training was no big deal

finished with 3x5 wide grip MU on extra long rings, no blending sets this time to PR here aswell

1x5 standing straddle press PR

then party with psychology chicks ;)

Friday:

swimming exam with uni.. i got chosen as the one being analyzed so swam 20 mins continous breast stroke :S

later 1½ trampoline with uni..air sense is getting better every day.

Then 1 hour of sauna/cold plunge/hot water etc..niceeeeeeee

Going to do ring strength tomorrow and possibly max legs so I won't have any deviations of the weekly program, just relocations of workouts.

Razz

Was pressed for time in todays workout but it was still a good one:

3 rounds in pulley system:

Straight arm pull from hang through cross to maltese-->press straight body to inverted cross-->press straight arms to HS-->2x reverse muscle up-->lower to PL-->lower to maltese-->3 cross pulls-->5s cross-->lower to hang with straight arms

1 set of 8 butterflies-->press to 10s maltese after last butterfly (hang pull to support with straight arms) in pulley system

I remember before summer I couldn't even do 1 butterfly in pulley so thats a big improvement, and this was after 3 rounds ring strength and this wasn't all out! Big improvement! The reverse muscle ups are so damn hard on biceps, I thought I was kinda close on real rings buuuut after feeling the burn these few reps did I'm not quite sure :mrgreen: Will have to go for that 30s negative I guess.

Think I might do another max strength tomorrow along with max legs since today was kind of a short workout. I definately wanna rest monday though since we have strength tests tuesday and I want to see improvements from last time.

Another note is that my PWO now consists of:

shake immediately after:

cinnamon

baking powder

coconut milk

1000mg magnesium chelates

35000 IU vit d (only twice a week)

40g whey

2-5g taurine

10g glutamine

½-1 hour later

1 sweet potato

cinnamon

2g taurine

meat

Once I get my vibrams I'll start running on weekends, if that happens and successfully leans me out I'll do a massgain some time in spring. Should be interesting.

Razz

Btw I forgot to mention, I'm going to start mental training just thinking of the iron cross and maltese positions.

pogo69
Razz said:
Another note is that my PWO now consists of:

shake immediately after:

cinnamon

baking powder

coconut milk

1000mg magnesium chelates

35000 IU vit d (only twice a week)

40g whey

2-5g taurine

10g glutamine

Curiosity got the better of me. Baking powder? Why? I know it can't be to help the shake rise while cooking...?! :?

Razz

Well there are two reasons with one being that it's very alkalizing and it's thought that alkalizing the body after workout is important. Second is that several studies have found a benefit of using it. I also know they give it to tour de france riders during races.. Once I get my next round of supplements there will be a carb powder in there and I will start zipping around 20g carbs during workout with some baking powder and protein in there also

pogo69

gotcha. I just read the post that probably precipitated it, too; the bicarb studies and resultant call for its being classed as a performance enhancing agent.

I don't know if it's just a terminology thing, but you listed "baking powder". baking powder is a mixture of:

  • sodium bicarbonate (the alkaliser)
  • acid salts (an acid)
  • starch (usually cornstarch, rice starch or potato starch)

if you're looking for its alkalising properties, you'd be better off with pure bicarb (baking soda) than baking powder.