This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Razz's log, video p. 63

Started by Razz, August 24, 2009 · 1,193 Replies · 52,662 Views

Freeflyer
trianglechoke7 said:
Razz has a steady diet of hookers and blow that keeps him in top shape.

Actually, Razz is scared of hookers. We accidentally walked into a "brothel" and he and alex were pretty much paralyzed. Neither could move until I left. It was amusing.

I can neither confirm nor deny the blow.

Razz

hahahahaha Hey I wasn't scared, I was just scared of ditching the guy in case he'd pull a spanish mafia trick on us :P

I'm too poor to afford hookers, rather spend my money on supplements :mrgreen: and cheap booze :P

Joshua Naterman

LOL!

Ah, I love shrugs. They really are the core of upper body strength. If you aren't strong and stable with shrugs in all planes of motion (at least the 4 cardinal directions of hanging, inverted, push up, and row) you are going to have a hard time with your shoulders. Some seem to be born this way and some have to develop it, but either way it needs to be there. That is the foundation. Strong scapular muscles = strong upper body. They also mean you're hard to injure through training.

Eddie Stelling

Brothels, hookers, blow!! WTF! Why didn't I go to the seminar!?!? Haha! That's awesome. I think the shrugs are going to help out a lot. The most pain that has to be worked out in the warmup is felt in the scapular pushups. Shrugs from all angles feel awesome. Slizz I started over my FL progressions with scapular retraction, you are right bro! I feel much stronger doing it that way. All this scapular work is improving everything.

Nick_EOD said:
trianglechoke7 said:
Razz has a steady diet of hookers and blow that keeps him in top shape.

Actually, Razz is scared of hookers. We accidentally walked into a "brothel" and he and alex were pretty much paralyzed. Neither could move until I left. It was amusing.

I can neither confirm nor deny the blow.

Accidently Nick_EOD.........riiggghhtt!!

Joshua Naterman

Spec Ops know how to party. :lol:

Razz

Was very weak today due to bad sleep and too little food... Came home tired around 1pm at which point I made some eggs and bacon, chilled a bit and then fell asleep for 3 hours. Woke up, didn't get any food and then drove to gymnastics, needless to say not the best training but still decent.

Todays training:

Warmup..very sloppy....

High bar:

lots of giants in straps, that's pretty much it.

Pbar:

Can now do the full routine:

fwd uprise to support-->fall back to glide kip-->bwd uprise to l-sit-->cast to upper arm hang-->backflip from end of bars.

Bruses and blisters all over from the damn casts.. one time I jumped too far and flew beyond the end of the bar, but I saw it coming so got out of it by doing a funny roll thing :D

Vault:

Still working on tsuk technique...

Strength:

5 sets muscle ups, some were gallimores and some were bwd roll over rings to support, some were aguilar style. All on extra long rings. 3-5 reps.

Some core work and korean dips.

High rep curls for elbow joints.. and a 2s slightly high cross after trying to do a full lay FL gallimore into straddle PL :mrgreen:

Tomorrow it's ring strength which I will film and then put it together with the tumbling and upload a new video :D Biochemistry 6th edition and Amino acids and proteins for the athlete just arrived so it might be a long night reading. Luckily I start school late tomorrow.

yuri marmerstein

did you find you had any trouble making the switch from the XR to the extra long rings?

This one gym I go to once in a while has a pair of long rings, and I feel like a total noob on them. Muscle ups aren't easy, support is shaky, can't do freestanding HS. All of this is unacceptable

Razz

Hmm they were a bit more shaky in the beginning, now it feels pretty normal and the normal rings feel much easier :D

Mats Trane
Nick_EOD said:

Actually, Razz is scared of hookers. We accidentally walked into a "brothel" and he and alex were pretty much paralyzed. Neither could move until I left. It was amusing.

I can neither confirm nor deny the blow.

Sounds like I missed something in Mallorca!

Freeflyer
cdx said:
Nick_EOD said:

Actually, Razz is scared of hookers. We accidentally walked into a "brothel" and he and alex were pretty much paralyzed. Neither could move until I left. It was amusing.

I can neither confirm nor deny the blow.

Sounds like I missed something in Mallorca!

That was saturday night. Razz, Alex and I went out for dinner with the two guys living in Barcelona (only there the 1st day) and when they went home we stayed out wandering the streets till midnightish

Razz

Was a fun night :D

Todays training:

14:30-15:45

trampoline with uni, practiced mostly twists.

18:00-20:15

warmup including shrugs/l-sits/stretching all the good stuff..

Weighted ring simulator:

cross pulls:

10x25kg warmup

10x35kg sorta hard

3x[5+5s hold]x45kg

Rings with spot:

2x

Kip to l-sit-->cross pullout-->cross-->from cross to BL--> kip to support-->hollowback press HS-->15s HS

good improvement on the kip to l-sit. First cross was also just ever so slightly supported..maybe like 1-2kg.

1x iron cross attempt..shitty

1x big dump

Pulley system with 2 weight vests each weighing~10kg

5-7x 15s cross squeezing EVERYTHING...thank god I took a dump before this!

After this I realized why the cross is still hard for me.. It's because I was just dropping down into the position and not squeezing anything except my chest. So I went after the whole workout and frikkin magic I held a 2s cross. Wonder what I can do when I'm fresh :D

Joshua Naterman
Razz said:

1x iron cross attempt..shitty

1x big dump

HAHAHAHAHA!!! I know the feeling... squat days and handstand press days can sometimes be like that for me.

Razz
slizzardman said:
Razz said:

1x iron cross attempt..shitty

1x big dump

HAHAHAHAHA!!! I know the feeling... squat days and handstand press days can sometimes be like that for me.

Oh yeah, squats and back stommacks doesn't go well together :P This was a nice little superset though :mrgreen:

Razz

Was in the gym coaching 2 hours and they served some christmas cookies..couldn't help it. At least this time that's the only cheat I've had so if I have diarrea tomorrow then it's almost definately a gluten intolerance.. if not then I won't worry so much about gluten free cheats...

1 hour stretching/prehab/mobility after coaching..

Neal Winkler

We have different enzymes that help digest different types of food. For example, lactase for breaking down the milk sugar lactose. If you stop eating something for a while then your body will stop producing the enzymes. If you then all of a sudden eat something that you haven't been producing enzymes for its bad doo doo time. Keep that in mind when testing whether or not you are gluten intolerant.

Razz

Hmm I didn't think the body would stop producing the enzymes, but it makes sense. I'm guessing it migth be bad doo doo time tomorrow then :P

Max Johnson
Razz said:

1x iron cross attempt..shitty

1x big dump

Shitty iron cross? Should've taken that dump beforehand.

Gonna work up to 1x5 Straddle Big Dump? I hear you need a lot of flexibility.

And Razz, I don't consider myself any more gluten intolerant than the rest of the population, but the toilet certainly finds out if I accidently eat any now. Your body forgets how to deal with it when you stop eating it for a few weeks/months.

Razz

HAHAHA straddle big dump..good one!

For the record the shitty IC was meant as in I couldn't hold it. Didn't have anything to do with the dump being premature :P

Yeah I to be honest I'm probably in the less gluten intolerant population as us Northern Europeans were the first agricultural countries and probably still consume more bread than most other places on earth. So now I just have to wonder, could the body also forget how to handle Paleo things or are these foods so 'inscribed' in our genes that the enzymes needed for most paleo foods will always be produced?

yuri marmerstein

It's hard around this time to not cheat, being surrounded by chocolates and what not at work. I at least try to eat them around training.

It's when they give chocolates to take home that I eat too many at the wrong times.

Anyone else's family giving them trouble about eating paleo? my family is russian so they simply don't understand how I cannot eat bread and grains. My grandma has been on an epic quest to get me to eat bread.

It's funny how I am in much better health than all of them yet they keep telling me what I'm doing is wrong. My dad keeps telling me he is too fat, I tell him to cut grains.

Razz

Yuri my excusing for eating the cheat was that I was in the gym and I was at least doing mobility and stuff afterwards :P They offered me to take an entire bag home but luckily I declined, THAT wouldve been bad :P

My family just sorta laughs at me sometimes, although my dad and his dad (got him on fish oil and vit-D) finds it very interesting. I haven't even tried explaining it to my other grandparents. Christmas eve is at my grandparents place and I'm just gonna eat whatever, can't explain them that I don't eat their white potatoes. I don't care too much about white potatoes though, not the worst thing, just gluten that seems to be the real enemy according to the Paleo guys..

Kinda funny your family doesn't see the connection though, I mean you're doing so damn well there should ring a bell somewhere.

Razz

Today I was just completely smashed after coaching.. Tried coffee and cookies and sugar but didn't work... Was supposed to be dynamic pull but just felt there was no point, did one rope and then I did lots of light strength as sort of skill work. Did manage to pull of a new PR by doing muscle up-->arched hollowback press to HS on long rings, only did it on short rings before. Tomorrow I'm going to completely smash myself doing ring strength, then bowling with friends and then out celebrating that first semester is over (except exams in january)

Razz

Well the end of semester one party ended up being quite a party..Male strip competitions among students (including naked headstands), arm wrestling and of course wayy too much booze and dancing. Goooood night allthough memory is a bit foggy towards the end of the night.. this morning I woke up in our classroom on the floor, because I live quite far away from the clubs and I had access to go there anyways so I just crashed..quite convenient :roll:

Needless to say, todays training was shit. So I got the best out of it and then tomorrow I'll completely kill myself and then take one or two days off. Oh I PRed in L-sits today so wasn't completely a waste of time :D

Søren

respect for keeping pulling of new PR's :)

Alvaro

Booze free razz no more? :D

Joshua Naterman

HAHAHA I dunno, I'm not sure that one is going to happen.