This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Razz's log, video p. 63

Started by Razz, August 24, 2009 · 1,193 Replies · 52,662 Views

Søren

huuuuuuuuge improvemets on the planche.. it has definitely gotten a lot better since the last time I saw you doing it!

Razz

Thanks :D It's definately getting much better, just went right into it and it felt so easy.

Razz

Yesterday I had my anatomy and physiology exam which I think went great :)

Yesterdays training which also went great..in the end at least :)

Warmup..

Ring swings

could not get this to work in any way, but I found out later that I most likely need to set the grips further down on my wrist.

Ring strength -with grips for the first time

2-3x2-4 kip to support

4-5x3-5s iron cross. Got a video of the last set :D

stretching and some SMR

Razz

I'm doing 2 meals a day right now, one in the morning and one PWO. BCAA before workout. Suddenly I felt sick today just ½ hour before training, I think it has something to do with me needing to get used to low carb again as I've only done 2 days so far.

Yesterdays training I don't really remember but there was some floor work and some muscle ups in there

MU:

5

4

2x4+5kg

Todays training: no aerob work since I felt quite sick and that usually makes it worse.

5 rounds:

Inverted cross with feet on straps, 7s

3 min rest

iron cross 4-6s

3 min rest

Cross pulls with help

5x3 +20s strap HS

3x10 dip shrugs

3x10 inverted hang shrugs

3x10 pushup shrugs

3x8-10 cuban press

3x10 bent over rear delt fly

3x10 Y front raise

some chest stretching

Then pulley system was free..

maltese-->planche press

1x10x40kg

2x8x40kg

½ hour SMR

PWO 15g BCAA

PWO meal:

500g chicken

200g brocolli

20g glutamine 2g taurine shake

240ml coconut milk blended with cinnamon and organic raw cacao

1000mg magnesium

35000IU vit D

tomorrow just rest and loads of SMR. Saturday weak link conditioning/structural balance. Sunday back to training.

EDIT: had to split that PWO meal in 2. Btw Søren if you're reading this, are you home tomorrow or saturday?

Razz

Just a little note here that I'm still sick, but feeling better. Today I have not done the planned SMR as it just fucks me up when my whole body is already aching from the sickness coupled with DOMS. Should be ready tomorrow for the planned SMR and structural balance stuff. Another note is that I just love food way to much to go down in bf% so I'm going to add some 10 minute metcons in the morning 3x/week for 2 weeks and track progress. Once I'm feeling better that is.

Razz

Lifestyle updates.. Not sick anymore so hoping to work out today, if my friend who has the key wants to aswell :) Tried to make some paleo icecream today, one flavour went okay and it's in the freezer. Although it doesn't taste like much. The other flavour I ended up drinking as an egg white/coffee/coconut cream/full fat dairy cream/honey shake :mrgreen: Gave me a good idea for a preWO shake though: coconut cream+coffee+egg white protein+honey

I don't know what's happening but I just have a feeling that I'm constantly getting bigger, I'm still too much of a wuss to lean out so I'm just doing low carb, (which I like!) with the occasional few carbs here and there and I guess I'll lean out slowly. Mom left me a bunch of meat before she left for Qatar, amongst others a huge piece of salmon which I'll have to eat since it has been frozen, so I think all my meals the next couple of days are gonna be salmon.. Hmm what don't you do for free food? :mrgreen:

Still considering signing up for PICP level 2 as I've found that I'll have time for it and it lies consecutively with the PICP 1 that I'm signed up for. This would in the long run save me travel costs as I'll only have to travel once to get them both done. Also it would be cool as hell to have PICP 1 and 2.

Razz

todays training

Warmup..

including 10 straddle press HS and 10 l-sit press to straddle stand, 1 rope climb and 1 cirque in every warmup now.

PR of 8 muscle ups in warmup. Think I can do 10 max

learned backuprise to support with completely 100% straight arms. Well, I can't really seem to hold the support once i end up in it, but it will be there next time.

Tried to do a dip max but just couldn't get that shit to work out and I was getting more and more pissed off during the workout.. then I went to bench press, worked up to 3x90kg with a fail on 4th rep, then home.

Razz

Sick for the 700th time again.. need to start sleeping with clothes on as I think it's because it's cold as nothing else down in this shitty basement where I live. Luckily I might be moving soon! Green tea and honey now, while reading my newly acquired PICP level 1 manual :D

Alvaro

How much does the PICP seminar cost?

Razz

It seems to vary significantly with location, something I did not notice until after I signed up. Anyways I ended up paying about 800$ because I'm a student, but some places seem to have prices all the way down to 500$. Guess it depends on the costs of renting gyms and travelling to the various countries.

Razz

Last time I buy honey, I can't have sweet stuff around me :S But full fat cream with honey has got to be one of the better tings I've tried lately!

Razz

Did one planche and 1 press HS today while coaching. Oh and 1 front lever. Then went home when it was my turn to train as I'm still slightly ill and didn't want to risk anything. Starting out slowly tomorrow.Also receiving all my supplements tomorrow :D

Razz
cross.png
Svend

Very nice! This makes me want to start training crosses! ;)

Eddie Stelling

Bad ass Razz! Lookin good bro! Wish my freakin elbow wasn't inflammed, makes me wanna leave work and go straight to the gym!

Razz

Thanks guys, it means a lot to get comments like that :D keep training smart ;)

Razz

wohoooo moving to my own apartment next month!! Tight budget though, I'm officially more than broke. Good thing I waited to sign up for the PICP 2 seminar as I don't think that will happen anytime soon.

Svend

Welcome to the club! If I still lived at home I'd been at quite a few seminars this past year. Luckily I've managed to gather enough money to go the højskole next year ;)

Razz

Ah damn nice with the Højskole! I don't live at home now though, but I live in this shitty basement at some persons house...shall be goooood to get out of here!

Razz

Finally back in training today and feeling good. Kept the strength work low volume though.

Warmup running, basic jumps blablabla

Parallette series same old.

Pbars: I was a lot better than usual! Starting to learn some new moves next thursday :)

Highbar: Better than usual. Did my first ever double back dismount and it was alright, I filmed it so will prob put it up with some of tomorrows training.

Strength work:

Stall bar HLL: 15, think this is a PR and I prob couldve killed myself and yanked out 1 or 2 more.

Rope climb: 2x[2/3 of the way-->down] +1x 2/3 rope but with feet

Dips: 15x15kg

Front and lateral raise combined, with DB: 8-10x5kg

HSPU wall supported: 5

Foot supported lunges: 10x20kg each leg

then after training did a bit of my own strength work:

2 rounds:

5m cirque (almost missed the grip on one occasion :shock: )

5 FL pulls

Damn my aerobic conditioning has suffered from not doing much. Should be back fast though!

Tomorrow floor, rings and low volume ring work.

Tarun Suri

Hey Razz, out of curiosity, what's keeping you from shredding the last layers of fat? Didn't you go cold-turkey on the alcohol?

Razz
RandomHavoc said:
Hey Razz, out of curiosity, what's keeping you from shredding the last layers of fat? Didn't you go cold-turkey on the alcohol?

Well yeah in November I did. Then came December, then came vacation in january and now I'm trying to lean out completely. I want to be leaner than I've ever been before, in order to see if my relative strength is better. First time now that I'm not even doing any carbs post workout.

Eddie Stelling

Razz, does this include vegetables as well?? Those are carbs right? Forgive my ignorance on nutrition, not a knowledgable as most of yall.

Razz

Ah no I'll try to outline my current nutrition for leaning out:

Breakfast (10-12)

Eggs, bacon

or

Meat and vegetables with olive oil/cream/vinegar

Meal#2

meat and vegetables

Pre-WO, depending on whether or not I've had meal #2

10-15g BCAA

Post WO:

40g whey

20g glutamine

2-3g taurine

600mg ALA

1500mg kre-alkalyn

500-1000mg magnesium

1-2g beta alanine

meal#3:

meat, veggies and coconut milk

Basically my only carbs are veggies.

Besides this I use

Acetyl-l-carnitine with every meal.

beta alanine with every meal (to avoid prickling).

fish oil with every meal

vit D 10000 IU/day

multi vitamin

ZMA

digestive enzymes/HCL

Also drink coffe and tea. I feel surprisingly good being this low carb! Also I'm doing a compressed feeding window not eating before bed and not eating for the first few hours after waking. Unless I'm hungry in the morning in which case I'll eat. Not eating before bed is due to it blocking growth hormone excretion.

Todays training:

rings:

practice swing to support... got better.

strength:

cross felt weak so I stopped that exercise.

5x inverted cross attempt. last 2 with a spot.

support exercises:

3x15 dip shrugs superset with 3x15 hanging upside down shrugs

3x15 pushup shrugs

3x12 Y front raise 3kg

3x10 Cuban press, small bar 2.5kg each side

3x10 bent over lateral raise 3kg

keeping the support exercises high reps for 2 weeks, then moving into 5 rep range and then back up again.

Eddie Stelling

Thank you for the breakdown I appreciate it! Sounds awesome. I am going to nail down my diet this weekend and decide what I want to do and how I want to do it, so this will be very helpful!