This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Razz's log, video p. 63

Started by Razz, August 24, 2009 · 1,193 Replies · 52,662 Views

Razz
Eddie said:
Thank you for the breakdown I appreciate it! Sounds awesome. I am going to nail down my diet this weekend and decide what I want to do and how I want to do it, so this will be very helpful!

no probs, yeah decide on goal at a time when it comes to diet :=)

Pic from todays training, I can't hold this just FYI.

inverta.png

Alvaro

Cool! Gregor like pic! :D

Newguy

I love the kids in the background, they are like "WOW :shock: oh...he fell...oh well" And then they walk off...:P Jk awesome, even though you can't hold it

Joshua Naterman

That is bad ass. No other way to say it. Great pic!!! That really needs to go on the best picture thread, Razz!

Razz

Thanks guys, I'll post a new pic or a video when I can hold it :P

Philip Chubb

Razz, you are able to work on iron, maltese, and inverted crosses all at the same time?! That is too awesome. Also, I noticed you take your beta alanine and kre over the course of days. Do you find that better than just taking it as needed such as before a very hard workout?

Razz

Creatine I just take once, but beta alanin is to be able to get the required dose of 4-6g without getting this annoying prickling sensation.

Philip Chubb

Ah I know what you mean. I even cut my dose down to five and I still get it.

Razz

Hmm this is too good to not log it. Just came home from a little party with some gymnasts and coaches (I had just one drink! but too much crap food...) Well they all got drunk and we decided to do drunk gymnastics. I just joined for the socializing and fun. All these ex-gymnasts who has placed good in Europeans and Worlds were suddenly doing gienger, jaeger, tkatchev and even thinking of kovacs. Anyways I tried my first ever gienger (C release move, and I don't work a lot of highbar!!) and I think if I start working it I'll catch the bar soon..the others were impressed. Besides that I just did a double back :P And a cross on rings..we also had standing back tuck competition. Fun stuff :mrgreen:

Razz

Today before coaching kids:

Density work with maltese leans and assisted OAC negative.

ditto with inv cross and cuban rotations

Practice backuprise to support, it's getting good :D (finally, it shold be!)

stretch, SMR and then coaching.

After coaching some high bar practice, just giants in straps. Then floor work where I corrected my backflick technique. When I then tried to add a backflip onto the correct backflick I suddenly couldn't rotate and did a landing on my back from ~2m. BOOM that was scary, luckily it was on the less hard floor that we have. Then did one good RO-flick-backflip just for the mental boost and then some more ring swings, high bar giants and swings to support on rings. Also 1 cross which was kinda high but wanted to show my coach. Finished with lots of stretching.

Tomorrow: floor, rings, pommel horse with the team. Followed by ring strength.

EDIT: finished my semester 1 project exam today and went out with what I guess is the equivelant of an A- in the american system so I'm happy :D Had a cheat meal after that but shape is generally better and my cheats are getting better in general. Less sugar and more semi-real food.

Søren

Congratulation with your examination :)

Razz

Thanks Søren :D

2 trainings today. Training one was mostly stretching, some basic HS drills, few ring giants in straps and then a bit of pommel horse.

Training 2:

Dynamic legs for warmup followed by stretching series which was followed by parallettes strength. Getting quite proficient at the parallettes stuff.

Rings:

3xmuscle up to BL-->kip to support-->l-sit-->3s cross-->BL.

-assisted in the cross part

Some inlocations/dislocations.

Floor: (real floor for the first time in a while)

5x standing back tuck

Round off-backflicks

front layout. Not so good but did get some decent ones.

round off-backtuck with ½ turn-front flip. Next time I'll add a ½ turn to the front flip.

Tumbletrack:

Arabians, these were good today.

front tuck with full twist, a bit overrotated.

Pommel horse:

Practiced my routine for competition but I have no clue how to write out the elements. Basically I got a lot better at the scissor stuff and my circles are the same. Good without having trained this for ~1½-2 months (besides this morning)

Had a talk with my coach for about 1 hour where I was supposed to do ring strength. Oh well it was an important talk so I will do ring strength tomorrow.

Second semester in uni starts tomorrow so I'll have 1½ gymnastics with uni and then ~2 hours training in the evening. Good stuff :D

swarovski

thanks for following my log, is good to know that you're keeping an eye on me.

Razz

Todays training:

1h15min with uni, very basic stuff but still I should list it to give an impression of my activity level and not just gymnastics training.

Training later:

warmup

10 straddle press HS and 10 straddle-l press to straddle stand. Keeping this till I'm doing both exercises in 1 set. Then I'll start doing the full presses instead.

rope climb got wayy stronger!

of course there are many other exercises in my warmup, these are just the most strength requiring.

assisted cross:

3x10s

Assisted maltese:

3x8-10s

block maltese stuff:

3 sets

A1: 3x15 dip shrugs

A2: 3x15 hanging upside down shrugs

B: 3x15 scap pushups

C: 3x10x3kg bent over lateral raise

D: 3x10x3kg Y front raise

E: 3x10xbar+2.5kg each side cuban press

Sloppy training. Tomorrow floor, pbars, vault and high bar! And basic strength!

Razz
swarovski said:
thanks for following my log, is good to know that you're keeping an eye on me.

No probs :D I try to look around the other logs as much as I find time to.

Todays training:

met in early before team training to practice some floor for ½ hour.

5 standing back tucks

5 front flips to stick

few handsprings

3 handspring front flip

some full twists from 1 step on tumbletrack. Then on floor from running..not good on floor.

Then team training started and we started the usual warmup, stretching and parallettes strength.

vault:

Practiced handspring front flips but couldn't get it right today. Also some drills for straight tsuk and kasamatsu prep. General practice for timing the run too. Once it all fits in I have enough power for straight tsuk and front handspring layout. Hopefully I'll compete that or even better in june 3rd division nationals (and then move into 1st divison).

strength:

rope climb in straddle: 3x(2/3) slight rest pause between 2 and 3.

dips: 10x18kg

HLL stall bar: 15

HSPU wall supported: 4, 4

Pushups FULL ROM: 10

FL rows tuck: 8

bicep curls 2 sets

some bw curls

Some extra biceps for elbow therapy and weak link conditioning.

Moving this weekend so no training until sunday or maybe even monday.

Razz

blew me elbow benching this weekend..not too bad but definately bad. I'm resting and massaging and then re-evaluating. I usually heal fast.

Razz

Hmm I realize when I read through my old posts that I spell like crap when I don't spellcheck.. oh well, should be understandable.

Just rehab/prehab today.

bunch of sets of 30-60s hang in over/undergrip.

Cuban press @ bar+5kg each side

10,9,8

big improvement since last time :)

Seated external rotation @5kg [4020]

3x8

some lying front raises with the bar

2x30s XR pushup support. no pain here, so thats good.

Currently my rehab protocol is 4x daily anti inflammatory cream. Paleo diet. Rehab sessions like the one above. Add some more lower body work now that I don't do much upper body. LOTS of massage. EDIT: also still have some animal flex left that I'm of course taking. Also 5g bcaa at every meal.

Newguy

Ahh everyone loves spell check :) Hey, is English your first or second language?

Razz

It's my second language ;) I meant spellchecking as in just re-reading it btw..no fancy programs :P

Newguy
:lol: Hey whatever works :)
Razz

Todays training

Warmup with dynamic leg program followed by stretching followed by parallettes series.

rings:

MU

3

1+15kg

2+~7kg

some swings to get warm

then about 5 double backs which were some of the best I've done.

no ring strength due to elbows.

Phorse:

Practiced the routine which I'm getting pretty good at. New move that I'm working on is a full circle on the end of the horse. Also some circles on mushroom. Getting much better at just relaxing and swinging, but still couldn't get past 2½ circle. Oh well I feel mushroom circle PRs coming up soon!

Some basic floor drills and then elbow rehab.

Included crosses simulated with weights using the shoulders rolled back technique to keep my strength. Today I just did 30s holds with 20kg. Was very easy. XR supports feel fine on elbows but cross with shoulders rolled forward is still a no-go.

Razz

Well was supposed to train earlier today but wasn't possible so I'll train tonight. Just thought I'd post my new diet update

since my activity level is soon going up A LOT, due to me moving apartment and now getting a bicycle instead of my parents car, and uni sports starting again 3-7 times/week.

New rules are:

unlimited cheats (except dark chocolate, this one I will control by not buying much of it)

cheats are going to be:

fruits with cream

coconut ice cream with fruits and dark chocolate

In general not so much low carb as I was doing, as long as the foods are paleo. On days where there are no sports in the morning I fast until lunch break.

Razz

Yesterdays training

pretty sloppy but started practicing some high dislocates for giant swings

then

4x15s cross in straps

think it's a set PR

1x5x20kg cuban press

definately a PR! Used to be able to do 1 with sloppy technique

Razz

Oh I forgot to mention, this 11 year old kid held a perfect cross yesterday.................................

Razz

Todays I hurt my back during the warmup stretching.. no idea how but it's the same old injury flaring up. I have completely been neglecting my lower back work now that I haven't been feeling the injury and now I'm paying for it. Next couple of months will be rehab and strength...At least my elbows are feeling fine but I won't start any cross work just yet. Thinking of building up to 1 minute tuck ring planche on extra long rings..

Anyways here's todays training.

15 min laying on the floor in pain trying to stand up

1xstand up trying to do a slow deep squat...ouch

15 more minutes in pain

Don't remember exact amounts of sets but:

3-4 sets

10-20s cross hold with 30kg

15s false grip lock off 30kg

4-6 sets (extra long rings)

5s l-hang

1x slow paused muscle up->7-10s tuck PL-->20-30s shouldstand-->10-15s tuck BL-->7-10s tuck FL

2x10xbar+5kg cuban press. Moving up in weight next time. Good progress in this exercise lately.

Bunch of shoulder dislocations.