This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Razz's log, video p. 63

Started by Razz, August 24, 2009 · 1,193 Replies · 52,662 Views

Razz

oh nice man, if you go there it's right across from the gymnastics gym! Very cool :D but yeah it's cold as hell..covered in snow right now :P

Svend

I signed up yesterday, actually. Going to attend 42 weeks strength coach course. And I did recognize the gym from one of your videos. ;)

Razz

cool man! Let me know when you're here and we can do some trainings together :D

Svend

I will.. It won't be before august next year, tho, since I'm finishing "gymnasiet" this year. I need that time to ramp up my strength anyway ;)

Razz

Wow svend that course looks amazing, I just checked it out. I might be joining you and quit uni since I don't feel this is what I wanted it to be.. the elite strength coach course looks like just what I need!!!

Svend

I know, it sounds like a really great foundation! I spoke with the coach, Kim Lynge, last weekend and he seemed very engaged and knowledged.

Razz

Yeah, I've read about him and Mathias Kristensen a bunch and they're skilled and knowledgeable as far as I know.

Razz
vlcsnap2010112315h07m06.png
Søren

Great cross Razz, is the pic from the seminar?

Yeah, I actually looked into the course at Sportshøjskolen too some time ago, and it looks really nice, I'm pretty envious you're going there Svend :mrgreen: But as well as I remember it should be pretty expensive too?

Svend

Ya, Søren, it's not exactly cheap. But then again you'll have to consider that food and housing is included. All in all it'll be around 7000 DKR a month for the 10 months which isn't a lot at all compared to what I pay to live on my own in Copenhagen. It sucks though that the course isn't eligable for SU so bye bye "børneopsparing" :P

Søren

Especially the fact that you can't get any SU during the course sucks :oops: Otherwise I would probably have considered to go there too, as I'm finishing "gymnasiet" too by the next summer 8)

Tarun Suri

Razz, go get some Vitamin D naturally :P

Søren

@Randomhavoc: I guess you've never been to Denmark :mrgreen:

Razz

Haha yeah I'm pale as !@#$.. plus I was tired as hell that day so that probably made me look even more pale :P

I'm really considering trying to save some money or use what I've saved to go to the Højskole next year.. Especially the fact that I learned more this seminar than I've done in 3 months of uni now just sorta made me think.. I need more seminars and then the elite strength training program in the højskole..No uni professor (in my uni) knows how to train an elite athlete or could teach me how to, except one or two of the ones we have..

Razz

Todays training

warmup

Rings:

5 back pulls

light swings just to loosen up

3x assisted

pullup to BL-->kip to support-->l-sit-->cross-->BL

assisted 5 full lay tic tocs with 3s pause in BL and FL

15s cross

15s false grip lock off

some floor...

15s cross

15s false grip lock off

20 dips

13 weighted rows

some assisted press HS

10 assisted HSPU

15 body levers with a slight assist on some reps

shoulder and scap mobility

will do more shoulder and scap mobility/weak link conditioning later..

Razz

Today's trainings keywords:

Train smart, and sometimes hard

In somewhat this order

running

leg stretches and hip mobility

wrist series

shoulder stretches

scap mobility 3 series

3 rope climbs superset with half press HS in sets of 5

more mobility/stretching

5 back pulls

more prehab stuff and basic pre-requisites for FL and BL

2 hollowback press HS assisted

10 body levers+10s hold, slight assist on some reps

half wrist series

Edit: there was also rings support holds, bodyline work and another rope climb squeezed in there, oh and some box maltese presses and I'm sure there was one more thing but I forget what it was..anyways basically a semi-light prehab session.

Basically 100s of reps of scap mobility in all planes of motion, with some easy rope climbs in there that barely felt like a workout. I'm happy.

Razz

Basic stuff during the day today and then training:

warmup similar to the one from the seminar

Parallettes routine with huuge improvement. Changed the usual tuck vsit hold to a MSH instead.

Started on highbar where I did reverse giants for the first time with straps. Got it in first try and just got some reps down, not so good technique though. Then moved on to do normal giants without straps, was easy as hell 2 in a row, think I could do 5-10 with no problem. Just need a sock or something around my wrist so the grip doesn't kill my wrists :mrgreen: Also smashed toes against bar on dismount, that was scary as hell, imagine if it had been shins :S

Vault:

some trampoline vault which I hate with a passion. Moved to real vault with trampoline, did some piked tsukaharas easy peasy. Also corrected the technique for my roundoff as I used to twist my body and now I'm a bit more hollow.

Pommel horse:

some scissors

managed 3 circles on mushroom :D

Strength:

1 min wall HS

30s l-sit

wanted to do tick tocks but in FL I hurt my back around my left scapula, same as I did a couple of months ago. It will be ok with a little rest, need to stop working too hard in FL. Interestingly this usually comes with increased mobility volume, so probably should watch out for that aswell. Anyways instead I did:

4xlower to BL 3s and pull out

2x5 half press from l-sit

some shrugs and stuff..

HS walks

half endo rolls

rope climb with big steps, easy peasy

6 ring flyes with feet elevated on extra long rings

maltese in straps just 1 try :P can hold it straddle and straight with a slight arch, so not really straight :mrgreen:

mmmh...more prehab stuff

Razz

Today I slept too long and didn't get my morning training in. Had one gymnastics training with uni later in the day though. My own training after uni gymnastics:

warmup: football tennis :D

More warmup with rings warmup series, scapula stuff and more.

Rings:

5x double back dismount

think I had too much caffeine because I almost passed out after every swing. (Drank like 3 cups of coffee before training and 1 during warmup)

Strength:

3xsomething like this: on extra long rings

Back roll to support (woot new skill :D ), bent arm pike press HS, 3s RTO HS, lower bent arms to BL, pullout to inverted hang, kip to support, bent arm press HS, 3s RTO HS, negative reverse muscle up, 3-5s BL, pullout to inverted hang

3x10s cross with straps at middle of forearm, think one set was 15s

3xblock maltese lowering from inverted to few seconds straight hold and then straddling for another 5-10s

3x10 cross pullouts on 45deg bench ring simulator

3xHS lower to 10s straddle-l on extra long rings

more prehab stuff

Norwegian national team is here..nice babes.. guys all have bent arms on their ring strength elements. They're better technically than me though, but far far more training experience than me. Tried to teach one guy with hyperextension how to prepare his elbows, not sure if he got it. Guess who's going clubbing tonight!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Joshua Naterman

Hot gymnastic girls for the win, sir. Enjoy the club! 8)

Freeflyer

I hope they are of age at least this time :P

Joshua Naterman

HAHAHAHA sounds like a story needs to be told via PM! I'd assume the national teams are all college aged, yes?

Razz

HAHAHA well they're 16+ I'm guessing :P Clubbing was decent but due to the massive amounts of snow lately not so many people went.. that means I've gotta give round 2 a shot tonight xD

Sliz I think Nick is referring to the fact I probably drooled a bit over some possibly underage chicks in the gym :mrgreen:

Anyways here's a HS shot from Break's seminar album

Picture079.jpg

Freeflyer

I was referring to how you liked to point them out to me, lol. While they were of age for you, they were probably a little young for me. Although I'll pretend a few of em were 18

Joshua Naterman

HAHAHA!!! That's pretty funny, man. It happens!

16+ work pretty much everywhere.

Very nice handstand, btw.

Razz

Thanks sliz :D

I've thought of a program for december that fits my schedule with all the excessive partying on the weekends:

Monday:

Max legs

Dynamic pull

floor training and ring swings/dismounts

Tuesday:

Max strength (rings)

floor training/pommel training/rings training

Wednesday:

Dynamic press

Ring swings/floor work

Thursday:

Pbar, Highbar, vault

Basic strength

Friday:

Max strength (rings)

Dynamic legs

Floor and rings work

I'm missing a specific HS day, but every day I have HS work in my warmup and on tuesday and thursday when I train with the team we have some in the conditioning aswell. In ring series I will include 15s HS.

Saturday & sunday:

drink/dance/party/run/recover/mobility/stretching sometimes all at once.

Not as much vault as I would like, but if other people are training it on mondays/fridays or wednesdays it might be put in there. 2x max strength per week as my primary goal right now is getting stronger on rings. Once I'm stronger I might scale down the max strength or simply up the dynamic strength. Every day I of course do lots of prehab/stretching and that sorta stuff. Also something that's not on the schedule is that most mornings I try to get 15 minutes for doing 3 rounds of basic stuff such as l-sit, MSH, hollow/arch holds/rocks, some mobility etc.

It's been a while since I've trained after a designed program so should be interesting to see how this fits. I'm also going to experience with a more strict low carb during the week as weekends definately will be high carb. More fish oil and cinnamon to keep insulin sensitivity and one more thing is I really want to get in a run or two each weekend as this is something I've been lacking, a lot! Around christmas time I go back to my familys place in another city so the xtreme rings will probably be my only option there, and of course Sørens anabolic basement if he's home. The good thing is it's easy to set up the XR twice a day for more workouts :D