This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Razz's log, video p. 63

Started by Razz, August 24, 2009 · 1,193 Replies · 52,662 Views

Razz

Today's morning training:

Deadlift

5x3x90kg

Gonna try and increase 5kg every week

Bench

1x3x80kg

5x3x85kg lol @ bench strength vs deadlift strength

Pullups superset rows[1013]

2x[6-->5]

6-->4

Seated cuban press [4020] (without the press :mrgreen: ) superset HLL sideways

2x[5-6x6kg-->3 each side]

internal rotation stretch

Ortprod

In my personal experience, deadlifting is great (and my strongest lift) but I think you can develop much lower back and hamstring strength from Coach's method. It would be much more beneficial to learn low bar back squatting and/or Olympic lifting.

Quick question: can you hold a straddle planche? Planche on rings? If not, what is the weak point holding you back?

Razz

I would definately want to learn olifting, but I'm afraid to teach it to myself. I want a good teacher so I get the technique right.

On a fresh day I can hold a ~3s straddle planche. On rings it's probably tuck or adv tuck for somewhere between 10 and 30s. Haven't done rings planches in ages. The weak point on rings is definately the whole hands backwards issue, which is why I've been practicing a lot of floor hands backwards planches lately. I believe it's front deltoid strength because that is what gives you the lean angle you need to get the body parallel to the ground. I honestly don't see core strength being a problem if I can already hold a full back lever.

Razz

Workout 1:

Deadlift

4x3x100kg

need to film to check form, not sure this was all that good. Could easily pull more though but it'd be CRAP form. My legs are weak!

Bench

1x5x80kg

4x3x85kg

1x4x85kg

Think I'll try with 4 reps on every set next time.

1 set cuban press

2x4 body levers

1x10s bottom body lever hold

Gymnastics training tonight so kept the volume to where it hopefully won't interfere with my next training.

Razz

workout 2

warmup was:

jogging

1½ min HS

45s l-sit

3x20s tuck PL

pullups

WOD inspired

3 rounds of:

4m cirque

6 front lever pulls (WEAK)

6 pullovers

Front pulls were mostly full lay, because changing positions didn't really matter as it seems my biceps is the weak point. I will work on that!

15s BL

15s german hang

And then on to some light ring strength :D

3 or 4 rounds (can't remember) of:

pulley system: 5s cross, pullout, 5s cross, 10s straddle maltese, 5s cross, pullout, 5s cross, pullout, 5s cross

2x:

15s ring HS-->15s shoulderstand.. was gonna do more rounds but got caught up in acrobatics and handbalancing with friends. Practiced some of that and then finished with some stretching.

Razz

Just 1 workout today:

warmup with stretching/running/parallettes routine.

Floor practice. Getting better and better, got some decent front layouts on the actual floor and not the softer tumbling track I've been using. Also some ok round off, backflick->backflips.. Also learned a roundoff-->arabian which it was my first time practicing.

pommel horse sucked dick today, as usual.

Learned an inlocate on rings or wtv, I don't know which is which. but the dislocation the other way than I had already learned.

finished off with usual conditioning. I'm so damn toasted right now, been doing stuff for 12 hours straight today. Time for a good looong nights sleep.

Oh and morning weight the other day was 73kg after poop and piss. 3kg more or less lbm in ~2 weeks it seems. I'm definately getting bigger but this just surprised me, this is the most I've ever weighed I believe.

Felipe

a basic question: how do you make time to study/work/surf the internet???

Razz

Yeah well I try to do my studying on the weekend but yesterday I had no time at all..today I just have 2 classes which are both practical so 1x swimming and 1x dance

Razz

Oh and I skip a bunch of classes :mrgreen:

Sick as a dog today but already had 1 hour swimming (that didn't help, water was cold as hell!!!) and 1½ hour dance stuff.. that dance shit didn't help either.. soon gymnastics training, going to keep it pure strength today as I have a theory aerob stuff is worse for my sickness than anaerob stuff. Probably ring series in pulley system and possibly spotted ring strength if there's other people around.

Razz

So just to sum up todays activities that were all done wtih more or less of a fever:

11am: 1 hour swimming lesson including a bunch of testing techniques myself

2.30 pm: 1½ hour dance stuff to learn different tempoes/intensities of impacts that can be used for increasing bone density and coordination

8-10pm:

Floor work, practiced handspring double fronts into the pit!!! WOW! Talk about taking it up a notch. First time ever, I'll have it soon on the tumble track, then to transfer it to the real floor, that will take time.

Practiced some arabians.

Ring strength:

Warm up with iron cross simulated with weights on a pulley system:

10x40kg+5s hold

60kg 5s hold (somewhat ok, could probably do 65-70kg for 5s which is REALLY close to my bw of 73kg)

Ring routines with assistance:

1: kip to l-sit-->kip to l-sit-->kip to l-sit-->bent arm press HS, hold 10s RTO, lower straight arm to support

2: kip to l-sit-->kip to l-sit-->cross pullout-->cross hold 4-5s-->PAAAAAIN influenza joint pain that is, so no biggie just whining

3: kip to l-sit-->kip to l-sit press to straddle PL-->cross pullout-->5s cross

spotter said I had a really big improvement from last time and next time I should try holding by myself..oh yes cross coming up within a few weeks for sure :D

some stretching and shoulder dislocates with a 10kg bar.

EDIT: also l-sit straddle press HS 2 sets: 4,5 with spotter

Razz

sick today. complete rest. back on track tomorrow most likely!

Razz

After I was sick training got cancelled saturday and I thought what the heck I'ma a take a few days off so I'm fully ready for november which will be an intense month. Paleo diet style, craploads of lifting , gymnastics and uni activity and best of all: no drinking! Cannot wait to see the results of this month, trying not to get my hopes up too much though. Diet is basically

Pork/beef/chicken/shrimp/fish

coconut/coconut milk

eggs

tea (white,black,green)/coffee

avocado

lemon

garlic

heavy cream (not paleo but we're talking a cup each morning), butter for frying

some nuts & seeds but trying to keep it on the DL

sweet potatoes & fruits PWO

organic spices: cacao, cinnamon, pebber mix, chili

supps:

mag chelate

multi vitamin

ZMA

vit d

whey

bcaa

fish oil

creatine

beta alanine

animal flex (glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM)

thinking of adding sodium bicarbonate

l-glutamine

taurine

EDIT: forgot I also eat fish and added l-glutamine and taurine to supps.

Razz

yeeeeeeah nice training today as are most of them.

morning:

2x30s adv frog stand

2x10s tuck PL

noon:

1 hour volleyball

evening:

1x Cirque+5 FL pulls full lay

2x cirque+5 FL pulls+10s tuck FL

big improvement on the cirques!! Way faster up and way slower down. Oh how I love a few days off once in a while.

Pulley system:

1x[ 10s cross, press to 10s maltese, 10s cross, press to 10s straddle maltese, 10s cross]

2x[ 10s cross, press to 10s maltese, 10s cross, press to 10s straddle maltese, 10s cross, press to HS, lower to 5-10s straddle PL]

45 minutes of balancing work including press HS, hollowback presses on rings, XR HS, 'wrist' HS,

20 mins stretching upper/lower body

Received my l-glutamine together with a new fancy shaker today. The shaker has 2 cylindrical rooms that can be added to the bottom, one for powder and one with a seperator for pills. Genius design, now I can use it for water during the day and then just put in the powder whenever needed and grab my multi pre WO and my magnesium PWO. Awesome! I'm still around 73kg at 172 cm with ~10% or less bf (visible 6 pack, seperations in pecs and delts). I'll post pics at the end of november in hope of showing off some badass leanness.

Razz

Today was just another good training. Only one real training though.

AM:

1-2 hours of swimming. Was probably an hour swimming aka playing in the water and jumping from the diving boards and then ½ hour steam bath followed by some cold showers. Nice!

PM:

gymnastics training with floor, rings, pommel horse aka stupid shit horse.

Started on the softer tumbletrack where I can now do some pretty good arabians, only second time working those. Worked a layed out full twist on the real floor but didn't quite get it, had some improvement though.

rings I improved a shitload on my dislocate (I've had these mixed up in the past couple of posts, the one I learned first was inlocate). Then learned a felge to support, after 2 tries. YEHAH :D Worked some rings strength aswell and got a decent pullup--->backlever without having any support phase. Apparently there's rumors in the gym about how I'm almost holding an iron cross after just 2-3 weeks of serious iron cross training (yes I did train some a while ago and during summer on short rings but only been serious on long rings for that time) and one of the best guys there who is also one of the best all arounders in Denmark was really impressed with me and said I'd definately be doing malteses some time in the future. Oh how that put a smile on my face :D

Pommel horse learned a scissor. I still suck balls at this.

Finished with

pullups 2x6+10kg

Russian dips +10kg: 5 followed immediately by 5 normal. then another set of 10 normal dips with 10kg

Pushups 10kg feet elevated, going into hollow. 15

stall bar HLL 15+5 PR

wrist HS: 1 min

straddle Press HS at wall: 5

prone reverse flyes: 30+10s hold

tuck PL 20s

l-sit 20s

cirque with 10kg: ½, followed by 1/3 without weight

stretching

Pwo shake:

10g glutamine

30g whey

500mg magnesium chelate

100ml fruit juice

5g creatine

1.5g beta alanine

Razz

DOMS from hell today...

Morning:

seated pike compressions

bridge wall walks

11-12

1 hour swimming, mostly diving under water and stuff, was quite hard aerobically at least.

14.30-15:45

bodyweight strength training class, had a couple of tough sets, some creative partner exercises in there.

20:00-10:00

Warmup..running, ancle series and basic tumbling

Practiced double fronts, landed 1 on semi-hard landing from the tumbling track. This is an improvement as I've now moved from the trampoline track I used to do it on to the tumbling track. Next step=spring floor!

1 round:

3 GHR

3 SLS each leg

2 rounds:

3 NLC

3 SLS each leg+~15kg

more tumbling working round off-backflick-layout. Slight improvement, it's coming back. Need to work more layouts on trampoline.

Rings simulator with weights.

Iron cross pullouts:

warmup with 25kg

8x45kg+4s hold

8x45kg+4s hold

2x50kg+4s hold

Rings with assistance

kip-kip-kip-bent arm press HS, 10s strap HS, 5s straddle PL

2x(kip-kip-cross pullout-5s cross)

assisted:

2x3 l-sit pike press HS-->3-5s straddle PL

stretching

Pwo shake same as yday

~15min later eating very slowly..

1 banana

400ml coconut milk

cinnamon

raw cacao powder

200g chicken

water

and in an hour or two before I get to go to sleep I'll eat a couple of beefs with garlic and juice from 1 lemon for the alkalizing effect.

Razz

by the way if my height is 171cm I'm technically overweight with a BMI of 25 :D

Razz

Another great training.

Usual warmup and parallettes routine. In the part of the routine where we do 3s tuck v-sit-->3s l-sit-->3s PL-->3s straddle-l-->3s straddle stand hold I moved from tuck v-sit to an actual v-sit and still managed to pull off a decent straddle PL.

Practiced high bar, vault and parallel bars.

High bar my kip and 'moonswing' improved shitloads, also got half decent layouts for dismounts.. Ready for giant swings without straps soon I believe.

Vault I got my technique for handspring->front flip polished, soon to be done on actual vault. Also landed a few tsukaharas on the actual vault. Next time to practice piked and possible layout tsuks after polishing my technique a bit.

Parallel bars I just sucked as usual, but realized I have to hang between the bars for swinging and not be pushing constantly.. so did improve one thing.

Finished with:

1x cirque+10kg, wohooo :D now just to start from seated instead of standing.

dips: 20+10kg with slight rest pause not a PR but it's a 'training PR'

HLL: 10,5 not as good as last time but what the heck

reverse hypers: 20+10s hold

distance jumps with 10kg vest: 5

straddle wall press HS: 7 or 8, believe thats a PR

tuck PL: 20s

l-sit: 20s

wrist HS: 1 min?

pullups, can't remember if I added weight or not.. 10+slow negative, 5+slow negative

Front raise 15kg: 2x7

stretching....

notes:

I felt quite recovered today taking into accounts yesterdays training while already having intense DOMS. Maybe it's the cocoa powder post workout, maybe it's the glutamine.. Could be just general good eating aswell. All I know is that I'm happy I regenerated that well. Did have an hour nap earlier today though, could have had an influence aswell :P

Donar

Hello neighbor :D

may I ask where you are buying your supplements? I'm wondering if there's something like iherb.com, but within the EU.

Also, are there specific reasons why you are taking 500mg of magnesium post workout? I've read before that magnesium absorption is inversely proportional to the amount of magnesium ingested. Thus, I guess dividing it up into smaller doses would be more effective. What do you think?

Kind regards

Ortprod
Donar said:
why you are taking 500mg of magnesium post workout? I've read before that magnesium absorption is inversely proportional to the amount of magnesium ingested. Thus, I guess dividing it up into smaller doses would be more effective.

Pardon my intrusion,

It is worth it to split it up but 500mg is not that much in my opinion. I have taken 2000mg without seeing ill effects and have only had the benefit of better sleep. Magnesium should only be taken post last workout of the day, as far as I know because it can make you drowsy, so dividing up before that session would not be optimal.

Joshua Naterman

I don't think that there is an inverse proportionality. The portion of the intestines that absorbs metals is like .25" long, so you can literally only absorb a specific amount, determined by surface are, at one time. That's why dividing doses works well, and why taking a bunch of metals together is a waste of money. If you're taking in a combined amount that is more than can be absorbed in one sitting you will be wasting SOMETHING. Hint: It's your money! :lol: But seriously, that's more or less how it works. Some metals DO get absorbed more preferentially than others, but they all compete. If your total is below absorption limitations then it won't matter what metals you have taken because they can all be fully absorbed. I do not know off hand what that limit is, but it's fairly low.

Razz

Magnesium supposedly lowers cortisol and makes you relax, also I've noticed much less front deltoid cramping after starting magnesium. 500mg doses is what I've seen recommended from Scotty Hagnas and also Poliquin, adding up to a total of 2000mg/day. I do not know how much you can take at once so I'm keeping it at 500mg doses for the different chelates and then ZMA I grab 2 doses before bed which is about 1gram magnesium.

For vitamins I've been ordering from the US but protein/BCAA/glutamine/taurine/fish oil I've ordered from www.bulkpowders.co.uk

Razz

So the whole twice a day thing died out, sorta.. I just don't find the time to go to the gym which is a shame as I paid 3 months membership. Oh well on the bright side I'm getting to spend more and more time in the gymnastics gym training..

AM:

swimming exam, got my pulse up but didn't do much really.

PM:

lesson in stretching, was nice and chill

evening:

2 hours gymnastics

managed to connect a handspring-->full twisting layout

did one "1½" front flip rolling out of it but almost killed myself so decided that wasn't the best thing to work on, although it probably looked just fine it felt wrong :P

More basic tumbling and then on to practice back layout full twists in trampoline.

Ring simulator:

Cross pullouts

10x35kg+5s hold

7x45kg+5s hold, didn't rest enough between sets..

Maltese presses

10x15kg

??x25kg

Rings with assist:

kip-kip-kip-bent arm press HS- 10s strap HS

kip-kip-cross pullout-5s cross

kip-kip-cross pullout-cross pullout-5s cross

Parallettes assisted:

2x[3l-sit pike press HS->3-5s straddle PL]

working on putting my dick forward as in doggie style fucking, when this is corrected my straddle PL will be much better and my lower back won't arch...

Razz

Judged junior regionals today, exciting. Afterwards trained with some of the best tumblers in Denmark. Damn these guys were crazy, they were all hungover and still doing doubletwist-pikein (F) and other ridiculous stuff like double layouts-double twist, thomas saltos and yeah... :shock: Impressive thing is that some of them are 'retired' and just train for fun once in a while and still do D,E and F moves :S

Personally I held a 3-5s good straddle planche, got an iron cross held 3-5s for recognition but should be slightly lower to receive no deduction. Very low volume strength training but high intensity. Trying to do one low volume workout every 3-7 workouts.. Tomorrow expecting 2 workouts!

Tumbling wise i pulled off some RO-BHS-Back layout full twist, this is new for me on floor so thats good :D One day I will be doing D,E and F moves :mrgreen:

EDIT: diet today was complete cheat and crap! Except breakfast and now dinner. All they served at the gym while judging was coffee, sandwiches and buns with butter..

Razz

2 hour training today, not so productive though.. went as follows:

warmup

leg workout:

2x3-5 NLC

superset

2x5-10 box jump

3 rounds:

2 rounds slow jog on flor

6 drop from box into front flip, in each round add one more jump or front flip. For me in round 3 was: front flip-jump-dive roll

3 rounds:

3 inverted cross pullouts with feet on straps+5s hold

3-5 cross pullouts +10s cross hold on ~70degree frictionless bench

wanted to do shitloads of front lever stuff after but friends had to go. Will compensate for that tomorrow.

Donar

Thanks for the replies.

For the vitamins/minerals, are you ordering from iherb? Or is there anything cheaper/better?

Kind regards