This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Razz's log, video p. 63

Started by Razz, August 24, 2009 · 1,193 Replies · 52,662 Views

Joshua Naterman

HAHAHA!!! Right on! If you feel good tomorrow and the next day you should be in the clear.

Razz

Well hopefully the 15g BCAA helped, I expect slight DOMS tomorrow but nothing special. Anyways if I don't get any DOMS from today I'll sure get from tomorrows training :mrgreen:

EDIT: dietary update is that I'm currently experimenting with a higher dose fish oil but also a few more carbs in the form of milk and strawberries. During the day I usually pack shitloads of chicken and a bag of flax seeds in my lunch box so not a lot of carbs there. Really do need to train more to see if this is working for me though..

Joshua Naterman

Right on! I'm wondering how different my soreness will be this time. It was my first 10x10 scapula work so I'm sure it won't be nothing!

Razz

I was only slightly sore today from yesterdays work. BCAA ftw :D

Had the last bit of strength tests today at gym and then moved on to courage and air awareness tests. I had about 0 carbs during the day and had 2 hours of coaching before training so I was completely out of carbs by training time. Shouldve ate my banana ½ hour before training instead of right at start, but well I was coaching.. Anyways here's the disappointing results

Wall HS

1½ min.. can't remember but it was definately not less, but not more than 1:45.. If I had remembered that we had strength tests today I shouldn't have done 5 rounds of HS shrugs yesterday :S

Pullups pronated, deadhang

15

HLL toes to bar

16

Pushups: 50, I've done over 90 before..definately something wrong today

front raise 15kg plate

7 reps.. Pretty sure I couldve knocked out 10+ but I don't know what went wrong.. some of the weaker guys made 10..

Air sense test didn't go so well also because I was just completely out of energy (carbs)

Basic trampoline routine: perfect

front flip stick: didnt stick it...shitty

front pike stick..didn't stick

front handspring:perfect

front flyspring onto mat:perfect

Backflip:didnt stick

straight backflip:perfect (well not perfect but good form and I stuck it)

whipback: was more like a straight backflip..

courage test, climb onto ring tower and swing while holding the top and do a backflip down into pit: completed

climb onto highbar and do double back into pit: completed

been thinking of 4 improvements to my diet right now:

Don't buy more organic peanut butter, it has salt in it and well.. unprocessed nuts would be better.

Chill down or discard the milk..

Need to find a bbq spice that's not processed as hell and filled with salt

Somehow need more carbs but still stay lean or get leaner.. that's a tough one, probably berries with meals during the day.

Razz

Just found out I have access to pretty much all publications on pubmed due to my university being subscribed, oh yeah :D

Joshua Naterman

Sweet potatoes. Very low GI. Grapefruits as well.

Razz

Thanks Sliz. I never really understood the whole sweet potato thingie, in Denmark we just have potatoes :lol:

Freeflyer
Razz said:
Thanks Sliz. I never really understood the whole sweet potato thingie, in Denmark we just have potatoes :lol:

I believe they are also called Yams... Seems strange you wouldn't have different types of potatoes, unless I just missed the joke.

Also, Glycemic Load is much more useful than GI. For example, a snickers bar has a lower GI than watermelon, but watermelon has a much lower GL. It is based on servings and GI together, which makes a lot more sense. You would have to eat an absurd amount of watermelon to get the same effect on insulin as 1 snickers bar.

Joshua Naterman

That is a very, very good point. I never thought to make that distinction since it was common sense to me, but that is something I will keep in mind! Thanks!

Razz

Hmm according to my dictionary we do have sweet potatoes in Denmark.. I need to see if I can find any of these anywhere..

Razz

Actually brought my camera to todays training but didn't film in the heat of the moment. One of the guys at gym shot some pics of me with his camera though, we'll see if I ever get to see those pics. Anyways here goes todays training:

5 ring series:

muscle up-->decline through cross-->muscle up-->pike press HS-->5-10s HS no straps-->decline to inverted hang-->5-10s full lay BL-->pullout to either: 10s adv tuck FL or FL full lay slow eccentric

also a bit of other rings practice, but nothing noticeable. Talked with a guy from gym and I'm going to follow his program for achieving an iron cross, he thinks I'll have it in about 1½ month. Nothing I couldn't make myself but I haven't had the facilities to actually decrease the assistance by xx% each week or get handspotted iron crosses, but he said he'd help me anytime so that's really cool!

finished with 1 continuous round of:

1xcirque

10xdips

10xjump with feet on box alternating feet

10xpushup

10xstall bar HLL

10xreverse hyper

10xpullup (assisted :lol: )

Razz

Yesterdays training:

Started out with the usual thursday warmup which is:

running

light stretching

2x

[

10s tucked v-sit

10s tuck PL

10s l-sit

10s straddle l

10s straddle stand or straddle stand HS

3x kick to HS

HS max hold

routine: 3s tucked v-sit->3s l-sit->3s straddle PL->3s straddle-L->3s straddle stand HS-> jump/press HS 3s->lower to stand

]

then worked on vault, did 3 real vaults on the actual thing and managed to pull off a sucky tsukahara in one of them. Good to know I can still do it without any training for it the past ~6 months? Oh and the 1 year before those 6 months :P

Did a bunch of straddle PL and press HS in between vaults.

worked some basic pbar stuff, had a nasty fall onto the pbars but noone saw it :lol: also managed to do a new skill but have no idea what its called. You start in l-sit and drop to basket (is this what it's called?) and swing back up to upper arm support.

Finished with: (more or less this order)

~15m long jumps

20m sprint

cirque

20 dips

30 lying reverse flyes

30 pushups

HLL 10, 5

pullup 7, 6 +20s negative

1 min HS

front raise 15kg 6,1,1

Might have done a few more exercises.

PWO: 2 small bananas and 30-40g whey. Followed by loads of beers, shots, captain morgan, ½ pizza, 2 hamburgers. Ah joy. Gave in to the hangover while walking to my car this morning and bought a chocolate milk..let's just pretend I'm carb cycling or something fancy like that. Now eating potatoes, chicken, cinnamon, tea and water although I should be sleeping. Said yes to coach today so 2 hours of coaching later and I'll probably stay to train afterwards if possible.

Razz

2 hours of coaching today. Hoped to train after that, but we had to fix the floor in the gym and of course I couldn't say no to help. After that everyone went home and I didn't feel like being the only one in there when I'm not so known in the club yet. Did a couple of human flags and some flips during coaching but that's about it. Tomorrow morning scapula and rotator work before picking my dad up in the airport. I'm getting more carbs during the day now with potatoes and strawberries. Next week some Colombian world class gymnasts are training in our gym to prepare for world champs so that will be really cool and I'll definately bring my camera and film some stuff. Only problem is that I'm not home monday and tuesday but well they're here for a week I think.

Razz

Spend yday with my dad, didn't get scapula work done but will do tonight. Spend today carbing up so I look good when I'm dancing YMCA in suspenders :D nxt 2 days will be trip with school. Bringing along 50g BCAA pills that I'm going to consume evenly during the trip to prevent muscle loss, but with the amount of alcohol involved you never know :lol:

Razz

So I'm back from a crazy trip with lots of fun and little training and shitty nutrition, but doubt 2 days will kill me. And well I did do a few exercises once the alcohol kicked in, for example:

Press to shoulderstand on another guys crutches

l-sits

jump on top of other guys shoulders standing :lol:

After the first night I slept about 5 hours and got around 3 hours the night after that. Came home today around noon after having gotten 1 more hour of sleep in the bus. Once I got to my house fell asleep from around 13-17, woke up and thought "I better get up so I'll be ready for training at 20." Next thing I know I wake up again and it's 19:45. Hadn't had any food all day and was still hungover as hell but I swallowed 15g BCAA and ate some organic blueberry jam and drove to training (this was an optional training, so not with the team). Managed to do the following:

1x

Muscle up-->5s l-sit-->bent arm pike press HS, catching straps (no balance today)-->lower to 5s BL via bent arm curl-->pullout to 10s adv tuck FL

2x

Muscle up-->5s l-sit-->bent arm pike press HS catching straps-->2 HSPU-->negative reverse muscle up-->lower to 3s BL-->pullout to 10s adv tuck FL

2x

Muscle up-->5s l-sit-->bent arm pike press HS catching straps-->2 HSPU-->10s tuck PL-->back roll to 3s BL-->pullout to 10s adv tuck FL

2x

4m cirque (couldn't climb all the way to the top..weak) 4m is an estimate btw, I think the full rope is 5m but might be more

5 straddle germans

2x

15s german hang

10 shoulder dislocations

10 shoulder dislocations dorsal grip

1x wrist series

Razz

Decided to take up twice a day training for FSP. Morning training will be light in the beginning.

Razz

Todays training

morning: 3x10s tuck PL hands back on floor.

Evening, 3 hour session:

light warmup..dips chins pushups wrist stuff

some rings routines that went something like this

Muscle up-->5-10s l-sit-->bent arm press HS no straps-->negative reverse muscle up curling down to either inverted hang or 5s BL-->pullout to either some FL stuff or just swing to 1½ backflip. A few double backs aswell

A couple like this: Backwards kip to support-->lower through iron cross

a few press HS

then my actual training with the team started..the usual running warmup followed by the usual stretching and then strength warmup:

2x

[

10s tucked v-sit, 10s rest, 10s l-sit, 10s rest, 10s tuck PL, 10s rest, 10s straddle-l, 10s rest, 10s standing straddle simulating press HS

10s rest

3xkick to HS, 10s rest, HS max hold

10s rest

3s tuck v-sit-->3s l-sit-->3s tuck PL (couldn't straddle today)-->3s straddle-l-->press to 3s straddle stand-->jump press HS hold 3s lower down in pike.

]

Pommel horse practice, I definately improved and almost have 1 circle down on the medium horse(not as long as the real horse)

High bar practice. Bunch of giants with straps, went ok but my shoulder does a little pop at the top, no pain involved but it annoys me that it's not as stable as it originally should be. Also practiced routine:

few swings-->kip to support-->backwards roll around bar, straight body--> swings to backflip dismount

parallel bar practice. Swings to HS and practiced swing l-sit drop backwards and swing to upper arm support. In Danish we call it 'german'.

Finished with:

HLL: 10,7+1+1+1

standing vertical jumps: 10

dips: 15,4,1

rope climb, weak as hell but got up to the top with just a little assist....... :(

wall HS: 30s, on my hands wuhuuuuuuu no parallettes very very minor discomfort

l-sit 20s

pushups, WEAK AS HELL..something like: 10+5+5+ a bunch of 1-2-3 reps to get to 30 :S very weak today

reverse hypers: 20+10s hold

sprint 20m

tuck PL 20s

wall straddle press HS: 5 with a little jump

straddle-l: 10s

pullups: 2 or 3 sets to make it to 10 and then 1 slow negative

front raise: 6x15kg--> 4x10kg

wrist routine

shoulder stretching and then showed off some human flags.. stupid but wtv.

EDIT: I believe the reason I was so weak was because all I had between the rings training and next training were 2 kiwies. Need to buy bananas and make sure to get my BCAAs

Razz

Bit of dietary modifications that I will try out for one week.

-Trying to strictly get carbs only around workout, except for a few vegetables.

- Found a place to buy sweet potatoes but that shit is expensive as hell. Anyways I bought a bunch so I'm trying them out.

- Found organic berry juice with no added sugars that I will be drinking during workout. Not concentrate. Juice.

- Every other weekend I drink so we'll call that my cheat meal.

- No milk

Sample mealplan:

morning:

5g BCAA

10-20min later:

4 large organic eggs

1 handful nuts

multi vitamin

joint complex

3g fish oil

Few hours later:

1 avocado

~200g chicken

nuts/seeds every time I run out of seeds or nuts I buy a new kind

water

few hours later:

~200g chicken

coconut milk

nuts/seeds

water

Pre WO:

15g BCAA

1 banana

intra wo:

organic berry juice mixed with water

PWO:

30g whey

500mg magnesium chelate

1 banana

creatine

beta alanine

1 hour PWO:

sweet potato w/ cinnamon

fish/beef with tomato and onion

3g fish oil

pre bed:

chicken/beef/fish

nuts/seeds

coconut milk

ZMA

3g fish oil

also supplementing with 10k IU vit d/day and small beta alanine doses throughout day. Also drinking a bunch of tea. This represents pretty exactly what I get during a day but there are variations.

Razz

½ hour soft tissue work today. Soft tissue work of right lat/triceps and shoulder seems to be key to my right shuolder not dislocating.

Razz

10 oct 2010

4 rounds of:

10 straight arm overhead backwards pulls neutral grip

10 ditto palms turned out grip

10 circles each direction backwards overhead and T position

10 straight arm pulls backwards hands down position

10 HS shrugs

10 scap pushups

10 l-sit feet on floor shrugs

10 inverse planche shrugs, feet supported

3 rounds of:

10 reps abducted 90 degree external rotation

10 reps elbow into hip external rotation

5 rounds of

30s adv frog stand, this stuff is actually hard to balance with hands backwards :lol:

10 wrist pushups

15min

bunch of different shoulder and wrist stretching

15 minutes SMR

intra WO: 5g BCAA

PWO: chicken, coconut milk,500mg magnesium,creatine,beta alanine

PPWO: baileys, milk and whatever my friend serves for dinner..wok I think.

Been training quite hard lately, not as frequent as I'd wish, but hard. Therefore either tomorrow or monday is off. I'm thinking of taking out the XR tomorrow and taking monday off so I'm ready for training tuesday.

EDIT: edited shoulder/wrist stretching and PWO supps

Also it should be noted that my right shoulder (operated) has become quite stiff so I'm working heavily on my internal rotation flexibility especially, while trying to stabilize it overhead so it stops popping 100% of the time and not 99% of the time.

Razz

Didn't feel so strong today, probably cause of my relatively low carb diet. Think I'm sorta overreached but I'ma keep pushing through.

warmup with dips/pushups/360 pulls

Iron cross: -extra long rings

1x5 pullouts +5s hold straps at middle of forearm

3x3 pullouts +3-5s hold, straps 3/4 down forearm

some 5-10s hold with straps just 2-3cm from wrist. This is looking promising!

some wall press HS, stretching more HS and press HS.

2x5 FL pulls

2x10 russian dips

1xrope climb

hmm probably did other stuff.. did lots of stretching. Going to start focusing a lot on flexibility so I can get those damn press HS. Also spend some time watching the Colombian national team train for worlds, god damn beasts! Apparently one of the guys went to AA finals last year :o

Razz

AM: 6x30s adv frog stand. easy.

Razz

PM:

2 hours coaching

2 hours training:

Warmup consists of a leg progam and some general running stuff. 13 stations that you're at for 20-30s and then you run for 20-30s.

HLL

one legged hops

senders with front flip

burpees

chinups

box jumps onto small box and then rebound off and stick

standing back tucks from box

lunges

candle roll-->SLS

arch/hollow holds

straight legs bounces/jumps

high knees as fast as possible

'ski hops'

After that it's paralletes and HS routine. Then we started training floor. Today was my first time tumbling 'for real' on a real spring floor in AAAGEEEEEEEEEEEES. I think I did it once in the past 1½ years. Good thing is I was more explosive than ever and I believe I have enough height for a double back coming out of my backflick. Moved on to pommel horse where I also improved, I can now almost do a basic scissor and I managed to get 1 circle on the mini horse. Then moved on to rings, swings are getting better and I managed do to several swings through dislocate in a row (inlocate or dislocate I dunno, but it's in the back swing). Finished off with:

rings:

3 MU--> 5 HSPU

3 MU--> 5 HSPU

5MU

HSPU were self assisted on straps

30s l-sit

20 reverse hypers with 10s hold

20 reverse flyes with 1s hold each time

5 BTH pullups +10s hold and 20s negative

bit of stretching/wrist series.

Ortprod

Fantastic stuff Razz! Do you have videos?

Razz

Thanks Ortprod! :D I'll film todays training because I'll be just by myself. Thinking ring strength and floor exercise :)