This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Razz's log, video p. 63

Started by Razz, August 24, 2009 · 1,193 Replies · 52,662 Views

Razz

Yeah I'm sure I will :D

Razz

Tried working out tonight, was too smashed so cancelled it. Got 2 crappy straddle-l press HS. just edited my previous WO post from today, forgot to write in my GPP

Razz

16 august 2010

weights workout today

highlights:

12x28kg DB bench..

seated DB shoulder press 10x22kg after going all out in bench

12 semi wide grip pullups

2x3 80kg squat, holy mother of god I got weak, implementing 2 legs workouts per week now, one dynamic and one max.

some other random stuff.. good workout

Daniel Jorgensen
Razz said:
16 august 2010

weights workout today

highlights:

12x28kg DB bench..

seated DB shoulder press 10x22kg after going all out in bench

12 semi wide grip pullups

2x3 80kg squat, holy mother of god I got weak, implementing 2 legs workouts per week now, one dynamic and one max.

some other random stuff.. good workout

Noticed, you always only do one (rep out?) set when you do weights (at least in pressing). Why?

Razz

Because I can't really use these weight exercises for strength so I just go all out whenever I do weights to possibly gain .1gram of mass :lol: plenty of 10s grinders today aswell but not bothered writing the whole workout.

Razz

19th august 2010

Home after 2 days in the city where I will be studying exercise science. Went there to look at a room to live in which went succesfully and then to take the physical entrance test to the college study. Entrance test was a joke. Started out with full on ball play (random 'home made' ball games) without any kind of warmup. That was stupid imo. The fact that one guy got injured probably proved it... Well anyways I'm sure I passed, the gymnastics coach (not the coach from the club I will be attending) from uni was impressed with me. If I'm lucky there will be 2 places in that city with gymnastics facilities so whenever I can't attend the club I can probably attend the uni's facilities (it's not really theirs).

Workout after a day of exhausting physical activities.

Iron cross high hold

2x2-3s

iron cross high hold-->jumping cross pullout

2s(low hold)-->5

2s (even lower)-->5 (set rings higher to get lower in the cross before I bounce off the ground)

2s-->5

3s-->4 1/4 or was it 5 1/4 can't remember. anyways volume PR

Strap cross --> front lever --> back lever

25s PR --> 10s tuck --> 5s straddle

15s -->10s adv tuck-->5s straddle

SMR and upper body stretching..oh yes feel good. I need a quality massager/ART of my upper body, think it would work WONDERS.

Daniel Jorgensen

Which university? And is it "idræt"?

How do you perform your SMR? ART def. is the most wonderous i've tried (in Canada). I know there's an authorized chiro in Copenhagen somewhere near Kultorvet, and one in Ã…rhus at Rygcenter Ã…rhus. However, i'm not sure they perform it merely as release when you have no actual injury. I asked in Ã…rhus and she wanted me in for screening etc. before she would/could do anything = very expensive shit!

ABout your weights workout: I take it, you are aware that only one set (though high intensity -> fatique) does not really stimulate much hyperstrofi?!

Razz

Aalborg university and yep it is idræt, closest thing I get to exercise science here in Denmark. The real science part doesn't start until I get my masters. And yeah I'm aware, I do all my sets all out in weights, usually 3-5 per exercise. I just only list the heaviest set (usually first set) because after that I'm fatigued and get less reps :)

It sucks there's seriously no good treatment here in Denmark, or at least very very little. SMR I do pvc pipe rolling, tennisball and self massage.

As a side note I woke up this morning with a huge pain in my left upper trap and neck. Maybe I worked to hard yesterday or I just slept in a bad position. Massage must be the solution.

Razz

my neck is completely fucked...

Tarun Suri

I have this small cylindrical pillow I use after a night of bad sleeping. It fixes up my neck an in hour or so. If you have a foam roller, you might be able to achieve the same effect.

Razz

Yeah tonight before bed I will massage all my back with a tennisball and do self massage on neck and traps. Have had some pinching feeling around left scapula lately (probably from too many shoulder dislocations that night at the train station) which I probably shouldve paid attention to.. But I think it just needs massaging..Thanks for the tip :D

Joshua Naterman

A while back, someone here suggested that I use a baseball because tennis balls are too soft to get the really deep tissue, especially on a big guy like me. They were totally right! I have a sock with two baseballs inside of it and it is the best massage tool I currently have.

Razz

Yeah I'm actually not using a tennisball, it is a petanque ball at the moment :D

Daniel Jorgensen
Razz said:
Aalborg university and yep it is idræt, closest thing I get to exercise science here in Denmark. The real science part doesn't start until I get my masters. And yeah I'm aware, I do all my sets all out in weights, usually 3-5 per exercise. I just only list the heaviest set (usually first set) because after that I'm fatigued and get less reps :)

.

Arh, okay - didn't catch that before ;)

Damn I'm envious - wish I was joining "Idræt" - but too late, wasted all my SU on other education :(

Razz

Heh yeah, so far I'm glad for what I'm doing, hopefully I will be in 5 years aswell :P

Razz

21 august 2010

Neck was sore but better than the 20th so I decided to do a small workout

Some fooling around on rings and about 3-4 sets of spotted crosses. Best exercise for cross imo.

Razz

22 august 2010

neck is better, still not fully healed.

5x10s assisted iron cross

3x3 muscle up to back lever..not perfect yet

a lot of playing with planches and hollowback ->shoulderstand, didn't go so well today..

noticed an increased dipping strength during my warmup..

Razz

22 august 2010

l'entrainement numéro deux

~20-30 attempts XR straddle-l press to straddle planche

~5x5s elastic assisted XR straddle planche

Razz

22 august 2010

#3

Hello again, leg workouts

GHR-half

3x3

great exercise

The shrimp - intermediate

3x3

can do advanced with left leg but rigth ancle won't allow enough bend..

4 standing backflips

shitloads of prehab and stretching for whole body.. great!

Søren

Happy birthday champ :P

Razz

Thanks :mrgreen:

Joshua Naterman

Happy Birthday Razz! I didn't know you got older today!

Razz

Hehe thanks, 19 years now :P

Animalonfire

Happy birthday :)

Razz

Thanks animal :D

23 august 2010

wrist prehab, rice bucket

24 august 2010

3 or 4 sets spotted iron cross

3 or 4 sets 'hopping' cross pullouts --> 1 min rest--> pullouts with straps

and a few attempts at cross holds

Plan now is to overtrain because from the 28th until the 2nd there will be a 5 day break with no working out for me before I join the gymnastics team. Can't wait, but wan't to start without any nagging injuries.