This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Razz's log, video p. 63

Started by Razz, August 24, 2009 · 1,193 Replies · 52,662 Views

Razz

1. august 2010

noon

Chair cross pullouts

4 -warmup

5

5

4 dipping below horisontal

3 ditto

L-sit pike press to shoulderstand hollowback lower to support

3

3

2

2+1pike negative

Wall HS

3x1min

2 rounds of

8x7kg DB cuban press

20s 7kg DB protraction standing

10x10kg halos (5 each direction)

10 reverse elbow rotations *accidentially stretched something too much while putting pressure on my left (bad) wrist..it'll be ok.

10 fingertip pushups

10 wrist pushups

Razz

1. august 2010

5pm

1 hour walk

morning weight 1. august = 71.7 kg

Razz

1. august 2010

evening

40s worth of adv tuck planches

3 straddle presses, one from straddle-l

2 august 2010

BUSY day, job applications, uni application and other private stuff..

workout was

Front pulls

6x5 mostly in adv tuck, but some straddle ones in the beginning, Consider this mechanical dropsets..

From 3rd set and on this was superset with

BL pulls

4x5 some straddle holds some straddle pulls and tuck pulls..

wanted to work manna buuut time caught up on me. Tomorrow I'm going to visit my gf so don't expect any updates until 9th of August. Going to train every day over there (unless it rains in which case I can't put up the rings outside) and of course there will be plenty of cardio :lol:

Razz

Back from girfriends and here's a little update:

Trained the first 3 days over there, the first day I did a bunch of cross work and some ring strength, other day more cross work and F/B levers. Then just a bit of HS work on the 3rd day. One thing that's strange is that I didn't have any DOMS from either of the days working cross although it was serious all-out sessions and my nutrition was way below average. I thought of a few reasons why and here they are:

1: I might be a carb person and the large carb intake over there helped me (not so plausible)

2: The twice a day training got my body used to recovering much faster (quite plausible)

3: Shitloads of s*x helps recovery :lol:

On the way home I had a 1h15m wait at one train station at 3am. and since I wasn't going to sleep with all my stuff there I got out my theraband and started doing shoulder prep aswell as a lot of l-sits and tucked v-sits. The few people that were there gave me some strange looks when I started doing splits aswell :lol:

Razz

9th august 2010

late night workout

planche leans --> MSH

5x10s-->5x10s

bouncing up and down in MSH to try and push further. Planche lean really trying to push the lean angle.

Wall HS --> bridge wall walk

5x1min --> 3x3-5 bridge wall walks PR on the HS volume

also some seated pike compressions and weighted straddle-l's in between sets

2 rounds of

8 cuban rotations 7kg PR

20s scapula protraction 7kg

slow reverse curls

rice bucket

1x wrist series

Razz

10. august 2010

1x

MU-->partial cross pullout-->2 bulgarian dip-->roll to 4s full BL-->straight body pull to 5s adv tuck FL-->regrip MU-->2 bulgarian dip-->1s full BL-->5s adv tuck FL

2x

MU-->partial cross pullout-->2 bulgarian dip-->pike press shoulderstand-->lower to inverted hang-->3s full BL-->5s adv tuck FL-->regrip MU-->2 bulgarian dip-->pike press shoulderstand-->hollowback lower to 5s straddle BL-->5s adv tuck FL

Front Pull

5x5 adv tuck

put an occasional straddle in there and also did a half lay which is a PR

german hang

3x15s

3 rounds of

20s scapula retraction 7kg

4 body levers straight body

bridge wall walks and bridge pushups

uqiwLLxZ6nU

Saber2

Razz you are getting jacked!!! Before you were lean and strong but now I am seeing bulk and definition. Good stuff!!!

Razz

Thanks! unfortunately I gained a bit too much fat during the festival..but that's what happens when you drink a litre of captain morgans per day :oops:

Razz

10. august 2010

about 12-13km walking today

evening workout:

fooling around on the rings with Søren, couple of kgs heavier from eating a huge buffet :lol: Just a couple of sets of everything..

here's a video of a recent cross pullout attempt

12r1dBlm_SU

Razz

Got accepted into another uni here in Denmark so I'm happy now. Uni starts sept 1st so I'm kinda busy right now which means there'll only be time for 1 workout/day the next couple of weeks. This is ok, I'll just up volume per workout. Off to smash myself right now.

Razz

12. august 2010

Iron cross

attempt

attempt (3-4s clean hold!!) just the usual 5 degrees too high :mrgreen:

6 pullouts with 1s pause, using straps

attempt + 15s using straps

15s straps

10s straps

10s straps

last 2 sets supersetted with:

XR press HS

straddle-l attempt + jumping press + inverted cross pullouts (to increase stability in top of press)

straddle-l attempt+jumping press+inverted cross pullouts

one set of 2 XR HSPU assisted only for balance + high inverted cross hold.

then it started raining and training continued inside..:

Straddle-l press HS

5x1 PR

having trouble balancing once i reach the top point, it will come with time i'm sure. Once I can do 5 in a row I'm a happy man!

10 mins continuous freestanding HS work mostly 10-15s sets. WISH I could do this on floor or thicker parallel bars, it'd be 1 minute sets instead. The good thing is that it's good practice to balance on these small crappy paralletes.

Planche lean[5s+1pushup=1rep] superset explosive HLL

3-->5

3-->8

3-->6

3 rounds of:

Cuban press 8kg, 6 reps

Scapula protraction 8kg, 20s

reverse curls 20kg superset ez curls 20kg

Ido's shoulder and scap

wrist series

Razz

12 august 2010

evening:

5,7 km walk with 5kg backpack

stretching

massage/SMR

Razz

so stretching/SMR didn't happen yesterday, just went to sleep since I suddenly had to get up early today to go check out apartments/rooms in the city where I'll be going to uni. Spent all day with that and now going to stretch a bit and then off to bed. peace out

Razz

14. august 2010

scratch the stretching last night. I passed out. Got myself some chalk yesterday so now I can finally start some more false grip work.

warmup blablabla

15s back lever

some front lever, was shit.

3 rounds of:

3x muscle up to back lever (not perfect but this is the first time I'm trying it) B move by the way.

20s tuck front lever (starting from scratch, new plan is to focus on scapula retraction)

3 rounds of

negative BL curl, 5s, feet on chair

20s tuck front lever

20s scapula retraction feet on chair

2 rounds of

15s german hang

15s inverted hang false grip

15s adv tuck back lever

good workout. In a month I'll have quite a few B moves, I can almost make a decent routine now:

Muscle up to BL (B)

iron cross (B)

XR straddle-l press HS (B)

Cross pull to l-sit ©

back lever (A)

bent arm back kip to support (A)

some more long term goals are:

straight arm back kip to support (B)

back roll to support bent arms (B)

straight arm kip to support (A) to l-sit (B)

rings straddle PL (B) (hoping for this one soon-ish)

front lever (A)

straight arm kip to support

gymgreg

Hey Razz, I got a quick question.

Razz said:
3x muscle up to back lever

Am I right in assuming that this means MU, lean forward (like bend arm maltese) and lower to BL?

Or does it mean MU then lower to inverted hang to BL?

Nice workout btw.

Razz

yep MU lean forward to BL :)

Razz

14 august 2010

evening WO

pre WO: bout 150 ml of berries, 15g whey, 300ml milk

3 rounds of:

3 partial inverted curls from shoulderstand

10s straddle BL

3 rounds of:

5 full lay FL pulls, solid.

10s adv tuck FL

2 rounds:

15s german hang

15s inverted hang

3x10s MSH

2x6x8kg cuban press

Brendan Coad
Razz said:
12. august 2010

Straddle-l press HS

5x1 PR

having trouble balancing once i reach the top point, it will come with time i'm sure. Once I can do 5 in a row I'm a happy man!

Hi, first time I've posted in your journal, I enjoy following along, gives me alot of inspiration. Any chance we could get a video at some point of the Straddle presses. This is one of the movements that really inspires me and I would love to see it performed by someone who's log I've been following.

Razz

Yeah sure thing, I'll post a video some day soon

Razz

14 august 2010 (actually it was just around midnight though)

today's third WO

3x4 L-hang muscle up +10s support

some 30s support hold sets

one MU to tuck BL

XR "grip the straps" pullups 6 or 7 reps

XR grip the straps HLL 3 or 4 reps, +hanging holding straps for ~10s NICE cramps, couldn't open up my hand afterwards

one back kip to support, yay I can still do this. May not be the prettiest back kip though.

3x10-20s sets of XR "abwheel" rollout

Razz

15. august 2010

Woke up with EXTREME DOMS.. Damn my entire back and my biceps and a few other places have been killing me all day, and I bet the rest of my body will after today's workouts. Aaaaahhh.

Iron cross slightly high hold + slow negative

5x2-4s Less strength loss from set to set than usual. Maybe this has something to do with the two cokes I drank or the longer breaks than usual.. (I usually NEVER drink cokes)

Iron cross negative jump to support + iron cross strap hold

5 reps PR, 15s rest, 10s hold

5 reps, 15s rest, 10s hold won't be surprised if my collar bones snap one day..

5 reps, 15s rest, 8s hold quitting exercise when holds can no longer be above 5s or when reps go below 3.

3 or 4 reps (couldnt count), 15s rest, 5s hold STOP, new exercise.

L-sit press to shoulderstand, hollowback lower to support.

4 PR

1 hollowback press (slightly arched) PR + 1 pike

3

3

3

XR bulgarian HSPU

7x2

3 WTF happened here????? anyways felt good and went for 3 reps, third rep was a 10s grinder. Surprised my eyes didn't pop out.

2x2 last rep in last set I had to use a slight assistance. Massive volume PR

1 round of

7 reps cuban press 8kg PR

wrist prehab

Razz

Sent an e-mail to the gymnastics club I'm hoping of joining the other day. It was a very keen and motivated e-mail, in fact so keen that I was scared I'd scare the coach, considering my level is not where my keenness is at. Anyways he replied today and he was very positive so it seems I might be able to train a lot if I'm lucky :D There's just a little concern that uni might take a lot of time though, but I've always been quite intelligent so hopefully I can manage both training and uni. Oh and then there's the shitty budget that I'm gonna be living on now.. but what the heck, once again guess I'll manage :P Would be nice if I can at least show the coach a flawless cross and some press HS on long rings when I see him sept 13th.. We'll see.

Søren

Nice with a positive response :) He coudn't tell you wheter you are accepted or not? Or are you going to some kind of admission?

Razz

He just said "come in between xxxxx and we'll find out something" so at the very least I'm expecting to be able to come in and train without a coach. I also registered for a 2x2hours a week team with coach so at the very least I'll have 4 coached hours a week and then the optional coming in whenever I'm hoping :)

Søren

Ok, good luck then :) And even if you don't get accepted at once, you will probably get there sooner or later anyway hehe